Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818190 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by OmoBendel24: 10:42am On Nov 11, 2017
@LagosNIV and AbujaNIV sirs, Fyorgyn's passport would be at the designated DHL office, I could stake almost anything on this.... It is my sincere advise that the Embassy does something about this recurring issue in conjunction with those contracted to handle this task, they have got to up their game, passports can't just be left lying at the DHL office for days, weeks by omission or whatever without reaching out to applicants whom most times gets unnecessarily worried by reason of this communication gap.

I raised this concern about two years ago, and my post got reported/"raptured", here we are years after! Please be of help.... Regards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Majesticniyi(m): 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2017
Hello House, I'm asking this on behalf of my friend. She's confused about the name to use for her MSc application. The name on her birth certificate and her international passport is 'Adijat' while in all her other certificates, 'khadijat'is used.

What can she do to address this issue so it wouldn't be a problem for her? Please quote me while dropping the answer. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by alexxy: 8:19pm On Nov 11, 2017
Dear AbujaNIV & LagosNIV, my name is Ola, I have a valid US visa that will expire in Jan. I have travelled once to the states. my wife applied for tourist visa afterwards but was denied, my question is this, do I need to do a Dropbox for renewal then make a photocopy of the visa page for my wife to take along with her for another interview or do I wait until my visa expires then instead of the Dropbox, apply again with my wife. please Sirs/madam, I will appreciate your kind advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by muskin: 11:07am On Nov 12, 2017
Dear AbujaNIV & LagosNIV,

I tried to fill up the 'Previous Work/Education/Training information' and ''Additional Work/Education/Training information' sections in the ds 160 form. The problem is that they aren't showing in my application.

I tried to fill the application twice and even started another ds 160 form yet it still didn't show. From 'Present Work/Education/Training information' I directly get redirected to 'Security and Background'. Why is that? What did I do wrongly that prevents me from filling up these sections and what can i do because i have already scheduled my appointment

Thanks!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by domcreative: 10:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by hardworkpayss: 5:00am On Nov 13, 2017
Greetings @abujaniv and @lagosniv... Please I really need your assistance on the issues below.

I was beginning to fill out my ds160 and on the second or third page accidentally closed the browser. I had not got the application Id out so I can't retrieve it. Please can do i go ahead and fill another one?

Secondly, In the process of trying to get a response on the issue. I sent an email to an email a nairalander put on one of these threads: support@usatraveldocs.com then I got a response stating their will respond in 1 or 2 business days. I also got another email with a link and an email and password. When I logged in, it has apply for a us visa in Gambia. Please how can I correct these issues. Thank you for your anticipated response.. Hope to read from you soon. Thankyou

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by zeya: 9:10am On Nov 13, 2017
Good day Abujaniv & Lagosniv,

Please I have a valid B1/B2 visa which will expire 30th dec and I've used it once. I intend travelling to the states on the 23rd of Dec for my annual vacation to return sometime in January.

Please do I need to renew the visa seeing it'll expire before I return in Jan or still go ahead and use it.

kindly advice.

Thank you in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by HERWHY: 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
Good day LAGOS NIV,

My NIV expired Nov 2nd 2016, now because i had no reason to be in the USA and also because of the exchange rate issues of last year, i didn't reapply immediately. Fast forward to this year and i decide to apply. I have filled my DS 160 forms, paid my fees and was scheduled for drop box. I get to DHL Isolo and the lady says, i am not eligible and should have done it 10 days to the expiry date. Please what do i do? I can not afford to pay another 64k and i also do not have the time off work to be present for a physical interview. I am appealing for your kind assistance on this.

The lady at DHL, claims that a message came out January this year with instructions on renewing 10 days to the actual expiry date but i didn't read that clause anywhere.

Again i appeal your assistance

Thank you

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Fyorgyn: 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
Dear AbujaNIV and LagosNIV.

I know you do not comment on individual cases... However please I really do need my passport as I have an official trip on Thursday.

I have checked DHL but my passport is not there. I also called the Embassy's contact centre but was told to wait for a mail and no guarantee I'd get my passport back before Thursday.

I have tracked my application on the ceac website and it shows "issued" on November 3.

I am at my wits end because this could negatively impact my job.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Fyorgyn: 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello hooklover. Not travelling on a visa is not an ineligibility for future issuance.

hooklover:
I have been to The states before and back. I did a renew B1/B2 visa in 2015. The programme I planned to attend with the visa was canceled so I did not use the visa again till it expired October this year.

Just to find out if not traveling will be an issue if I go for visa application next year.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello Lib1. You may take any number of documents you like. When it comes to education, we sometimes look at bank statements to make sure applicants can afford their tuition and expenses. A company's statement of account can be problematic, because company money must necessarily go to pay company expenses, such as salaries, taxes and inventory.

Lib1:
Hi,
I will be going for an interview next month, my employer is sponsoring my graduate education. Can I go with either a sponsorship letter from the employer or the company's statement of account, maybe the two would be appropriate?
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello karli4nia. We take matters of identity very seriously. Multiple dates of birth and undisclosed name variations are hallmarks of fraud. Applicants are strongly cautioned against presenting passports or other identity documents with incorrect information.

karli4nia:
Hey! LagNIV and ABJNIV
Many props for your good works here..

There is a case of someone who was denied a NI F1 Visa about 15yrs ago.

The person had a mistaken date of birth on that passport of 15yrs ago. Now, in 2017, he's reapplied with corect date of bitth on a brand new 2017 passport and scheduled for interview soon..

Q- Does this single past mistake of 15 yrs ago automatically lower their chance of getting a visa approved now.

N.B- In his DS- 160 form where asked have u ever been refused a visa? Explain? He answered in the affirmative- simply stating he was refused an F1 visa 15 yes ago.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello Najite1989. It is possible. What's critical is that you remain honest through the process.

Najite1989:
goodday narialand i will be glad if i get sincere answers i have applied for US viss twice with my family and was denied twice...i met all the requirement and its feels bad now am thinking of applying again with my family am scared...that they dont give you visa after refusal i dont know please i need you all to enlighten me on that is it possible to be given visa after two times refusal
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello izaga3. This is a question best posed to customer service.
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp#ContactInformation

izaga3:

hello.
When I was filling out my DS-160 form, the passport I tried to upload was rejected by the system and I was asked to come with a passport photograph to the interview. On the said interview date, I was turned back for not uploading my passport and was given a letter that said i should not make a new ds-160 application. The thing now is that I don't know how to upload a passport to an already submitted ds-160 form. If I fill out another form, it will definitely have a different bar-code. So what do I do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello alexxy. You are eligible for the interview waiver program (dropbox), though you may also elect to come in for an interview. You may appear with your wife or separately.

alexxy:
Good day, my name is Ola, I have a valid US visa that will expire in Jan. I have travelled once to the states. my wife applied for tourist visa afterwards but was denied, my question is this, do I need to do a Dropbox for renewal then make a photocopy of the visa page for my wife to take along with her for another interview or do I wait until my visa expires then instead of the Dropbox, apply again with my wife. please what do you advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello Majesticniyi. The name in the visa must match the name in the passport. Variations in name and date of birth raise concerns about identity and fraud.

Majesticniyi:
Hello House, I'm asking this on behalf of my friend. She's confused about the name to use for her MSc application. The name on her birth certificate and her international passport is 'Adijat' while in all her other certificates, 'khadijat'is used.

What can she do to address this issue so it wouldn't be a problem for her? Please quote me while dropping the answer. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello muskin. The important thing is to follow the instructions and to fill out the form completely and honestly. The interview is your opportunity to bring up any additional information that you believe is relevant to your qualifications.

muskin:
Dear AbujaNIV & LagosNIV,

I tried to fill up the 'Previous Work/Education/Training information' and ''Additional Work/Education/Training information' sections in the ds 160 form. The problem is that they aren't showing in my application.

I tried to fill the application twice and even started another ds 160 form yet it still didn't show. From 'Present Work/Education/Training information' I directly get redirected to 'Security and Background'. Why is that? What did I do wrongly that prevents me from filling up these sections and what can i do because i have already scheduled my appointment

Thanks!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by domcreative: 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
domcreative:
@LagosNIV AbujaNIV for someone attending a conference how do one fill purpose of trip on DS-160

Purpose of Trip to the U.S. 
I selected, TEMP. BUSINESS PLEASURE VISITOR (B)

Underneath.
Specify
TEMPORARY BUSINESS & TOURISM ( TEMPORARY VISITOR ) ( B1/B2 )
or
BUSINESS / CONFERENCE (B1)

I''m confused on what to fill if B1/B2 or only B1 Business or Conference

Also on the question.
Have specific travel plans..
Conference is in February, I plan staying in a hotel and haven't made any reservation since it's still months away. What do i click, Yes or no? My interview is January.

Please, is it okay to search a hotel i intend to stay for the purpose of completing my DS-160. thanks

Please help me out here
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello domcreative. The B visa categories have the same qualifications, and in almost every case, they are conjoined as B1/B2. If you don't have someone to stay with, it makes sense that you'd stay in a hotel.

domcreative:
@LagosNIV AbujaNIV for someone attending a conference how do one fill purpose of trip on DS-160

Purpose of Trip to the U.S. 
I selected, TEMP. BUSINESS PLEASURE VISITOR (B)

Underneath.
Specify
TEMPORARY BUSINESS & TOURISM ( TEMPORARY VISITOR ) ( B1/B2 )
or
BUSINESS / CONFERENCE (B1)

I''m confused on what to fill if B1/B2 or only B1 Business or Conference

Also on the question.
Have specific travel plans..
Conference is in February, I plan staying in a hotel and haven't made any reservation since it's still months away. What do i click, Yes or no? My interview is January.

Please, is it okay to search a hotel i intend to stay for the purpose of completing my DS-160. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello hardworkpayss. Again, this is a question best posed to customer service. Note that we have dedicated web sites and addresses for each country--contact the one for Nigeria.

hardworkpayss:
Greetings @abujaniv and @lagosniv... Please I really need your assistance on the issues below.

I was beginning to fill out my ds160 and on the second or third page accidentally closed the browser. I had not got the application Id out so I can't retrieve it. Please can do i go ahead and fill another one?

Secondly, In the process of trying to get a response on the issue. I sent an email to an email a nairalander put on one of these threads: support@usatraveldocs.com then I got a response stating their will respond in 1 or 2 business days. I also got another email with a link and an email and password. When I logged in, it has apply for a us visa in Gambia. Please how can I correct these issues. Thank you for your anticipated response.. Hope to read from you soon. Thankyou

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello zeya. This visa will still be valid until it's expiry. Customs and Border Patrol will determine how long you may stay lawfully in the country.

zeya:
Good day Abujaniv & Lagosniv,

Please I have a valid B1/B2 visa which will expire 30th dec and I've used it once. I intend travelling to the states on the 23rd of Dec for my annual vacation to return sometime in January.

Please do I need to renew the visa seeing it'll expire before I return in Jan or still go ahead and use it.

kindly advice.

Thank you in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello HERWHY. There is no flexibility on the interview waiver program timelines. If you cannot take time off for an interview or afford a visa fee, it calls into question your means for international travel.

HERWHY:
Good day LAGOS NIV,

My NIV expired Nov 2nd 2016, now because i had no reason to be in the USA and also because of the exchange rate issues of last year, i didn't reapply immediately. Fast forward to this year and i decide to apply. I have filled my DS 160 forms, paid my fees and was scheduled for drop box. I get to DHL Isolo and the lady says, i am not eligible and should have done it 10 days to the expiry date. Please what do i do? I can not afford to pay another 64k and i also do not have the time off work to be present for a physical interview. I am appealing for your kind assistance on this.

The lady at DHL, claims that a message came out January this year with instructions on renewing 10 days to the actual expiry date but i didn't read that clause anywhere.

Again i appeal your assistance

Thank you

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello Fyorgyn. We always advise applicants to apply for or renew their visas well in advance of their planned travel dates. You may e-mail to ConsularAbuja@state.gov or LagosNIV@state.gov depending on where you sent your passport.

Fyorgyn:
Dear AbujaNIV and LagosNIV.

I know you do not comment on individual cases... However please I really do need my passport as I have an official trip on Thursday.

I have checked DHL but my passport is not there. I also called the Embassy's contact centre but was told to wait for a mail and no guarantee I'd get my passport back before Thursday.

I have tracked my application on the ceac website and it shows "issued" on November 3.

I am at my wits end because this could negatively impact my job.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Fyorgyn: 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Fyorgyn. We always advise applicants to apply for or renew their visas well in advance of their planned travel dates. You may e-mail to ConsularAbuja@state.gov or LagosNIV@state.gov depending on where you sent your passport.

Thank you for replying AbujaNIV.

I had my interview in Abuja and I have already sent an email to consularAbuja but got an automated reply.

I take responsibility for not applying on time... I really should have applied earlier. I missed my US meeting this year because of this.... but it's been almost 2weeks now and I really need my passport back to travel to another country this week.

Please please please how can you assist me.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Fyorgyn: 10:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
Thank you again, AbujaNIV and LagosNIV for patiently answering our questions
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nono16(f): 11:02pm On Nov 13, 2017
Dear AbujaNIV,

Thank God for a forum like this.
Pls my mum's visa expires in a month, and we were hoping to get it renewed for her via dropbox. She's been travelling to the US for over 8years now on vacations, with no rejections and no negative records. But as i was applying for a renewal of her US visa this time, i realized that the application gave a "First appointment date is Dec 13th 2017" message on the left hand side of the page, although it gave a dropbox heading. My question now is, pls does the dec 13th date, mean she has to drop the passport off in DHL on that day? or she has to attend an interview in person on that date? None of her data has changed in the last 8yrs, and she has never overstayed.

I would really appreciate your help on this pls.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Majesticniyi(m): 11:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
You seem to be getting me wrong, Sir/ma. The date of birth is consistent and there is no visa yet. The issue is that the name on her school certificates and that on her Passport and Birth Certificate does not tally in spelling.

abujaniv:
Hello Majesticniyi. The name in the visa must match the name in the passport. Variations in name and date of birth raise concerns about identity and fraud.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by domcreative: 10:28am On Nov 14, 2017
Majesticniyi:
You seem to be getting me wrong, Sir/ma. The date of birth is consistent and there is no visa yet. The issue is that the name on her school certificates and that on her Passport and Birth Certificate does not tally in spelling.

If birth cert. and passport tally, i don't see a problem
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Majesticniyi(m): 10:37am On Nov 14, 2017
OK sir. Thanks a lot.

domcreative:

If birth cert. and passport tally, i don't see a problem
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by muskin: 11:33am On Nov 14, 2017
Thank you.
abujaniv:
Hello muskin. The important thing is to follow the instructions and to fill out the form completely and honestly. The interview is your opportunity to bring up any additional information that you believe is relevant to your qualifications.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.