Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819213 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by priscai(m): 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello priscai. It is likely you were called for a follow-up interview. In these cases, we use your e-mail and telephone number that you included in your application. If those details are not current, then it's impossible for us to contact you. Also, the act of "notifying" the Embassy/Consulate of a change in travel purpose is not a valid procedure. The only communication that matters and that we make record of is what you say in your applications and in person at the Embassy/Consulate and port of entry.

Sir,

My information on contact remains same and has never changed. However, I was able to get the consular through phone and was directed to check the visa application status using ceac, checked with Application ID information said ISSUED last update 19th October still no response on return or notification.

Kindly advise the next step.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rockmatte: 10:18am On Nov 01, 2017
Good morning Sir/Ma,

Please at the time of making my USA non immigrant visa application, i had a 6months validity period on my passport but my interview is next week and the validity period is now 5months and a few days.

Kindly advise what i can do.

Should i bring along a new passport on the day of the interview or bring the one i currently have.

Many thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hello rockmatte -

You may bring either. I would encourage you to bring both, as we often like to see old passports. If your visa is placed in your old passport you will need to carry both when you travel.

LagosNIV

rockmatte:
Good morning Sir/Ma,

Please at the time of making my USA non immigrant visa application, i had a 6months validity period on my passport but my interview is next week and the validity period is now 5months and a few days.

Kindly advise what i can do.

Should i bring along a new passport on the day of the interview or bring the one i currently have.

Many thanks

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JECU: 3:09pm On Nov 01, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello JECU. I presume you mean to deliver a child. Medical and birth tourism is legal, provided the applicant is open about their intention at the Embassy/Consulate and port of entry and that they pay their bills in full.

Yes you are right. Pls do I have to pay for my hospital bill in full while here or till I get to US.thanks for your quick responds
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mumbles: 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2017
hello, i would please like to know if someone that has been banned from entering the UK for 10 yrs due to false representation caused my agents, can be granted a visa to US before or after the 10yr ban is over. thanks smiley
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2017
Good Morning VO,

I booked an appointment for VISA interview in Nov,travel date is dec 9th - vacation for my wife and I (6 days).Children will still be in school during that period

Is it necessary to travel with the children for a good chance of VISA issuance ?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sesther(m): 1:31pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hi V. O.
I applied for b1/b2 visa in April 2015 but was rejected. I want to apply this month and I need the ds-160 form I filled the last time. Is there a way I can retrieve it cos I made mistake on the form and I don't want to make another one. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:37pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hello mumbles. The United Kingdom and United States are separate countries each with their own systems for visas and immigration.

mumbles:
hello, i would please like to know if someone that has been banned from entering the UK for 10 yrs due to false representation caused my agents, can be granted a visa to US before or after the 10yr ban is over. thanks smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:38pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hello jodina. Your travel arrangements are your business. We do not discuss chances on this forum, only qualifications.

jodina:
Good Morning VO,

I booked an appointment for VISA interview in Nov,travel date is dec 9th - vacation for my wife and I (6 days).Children will still be in school during that period

Is it necessary to travel with the children for a good chance of VISA issuance ?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hello sesther. I advise you to start over with a fresh application.

sesther:
Hi V. O.
I applied for b1/b2 visa in April 2015 but was rejected. I want to apply this month and I need the ds-160 form I filled the last time. Is there a way I can retrieve it cos I made mistake on the form and I don't want to make another one. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by igwemesh(m): 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2017
hello consular

I am suppose to apply for a visa earlier this year but i didn't get the chance due to some projects at my office . i want to apply for January next year because that is the only time i can utilize my annual leave . i work in an international bank as an IT personnel . what and what documents will i need to apply .i will be staying with my cousin for 10 working days and he will be sending me an invitation . i am single
i am applying for B1/B2 visa

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sesther(m): 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hello V O.
My ds-160 application forms in 2015 say I have been to Ghana but I only went there without passport being an ecowas state. I was rejected US visa then.
Now I have gone to ghana and south Africa with my passport stamped in 2017. Does the record of being to ghana n not reflected in my passport in 2015 not have effect on my visa application now or in future? Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hello igwemesh -

Please start at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng

There are extensive FAQs and information about how to apply for a non-immigrant visa at that site. You do not need an invitation letter. In fact, if you bring one it will most likely not be asked for or even read if offered. Required documents for a tourist visa are an international passport, a visa application fee receipt, and a DS-160 confirmation page with barcode.

Regards,

LagosNIV

igwemesh:
hello consular

I am suppose to apply for a visa earlier this year but i didn't get the chance due to some projects at my office . i want to apply for January next year because that is the only time i can utilize my annual leave . i work in an international bank as an IT personnel . what and what documents will i need to apply .i will be staying with my cousin for 10 working days and he will be sending me an invitation . i am single
i am applying for B1/B2 visa

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hello sesther -

Prior international travel is one of many factors we consider in evaluating visa applications. We evaluate applicants based on the totality of their circumstances. Certainly it is helpful to have some sort of corroborating evidence for claimed international travel. Overall though, any 1 factor may play only a small role in our decision making process.

Regards

LagosNIV

sesther:
Hello V O.
My ds-160 application forms in 2015 say I have been to Ghana but I only went there without passport being an ecowas state. I was rejected US visa then.
Now I have gone to ghana and south Africa with my passport stamped in 2017. Does the record of being to ghana n not reflected in my passport in 2015 not have effect on my visa application now or in future? Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by stoutlady(f): 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hi LagosNIV

I just realised that the 1 year anniversary of applying via dropbox expired 2 days ago. My question is simply, is there any chance I can still apply via dropbox and not have to go through the interview process?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hello stoutlady -

Unfortunately there is no flexibility in this deadline. If your visa has been expired for more than 1 year you will have to go through an interview.

LagosNIV

stoutlady:
Hi LagosNIV

I just realised that the 1 year anniversary of applying via dropbox expired 2 days ago. My question is simply, is there any chance I can still apply via dropbox and not have to go through the interview process?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by righturn: 4:50pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hello VO,

I applied to 2 schools for spring 2018, I am yet to receive a decision on 1 of my applications (the school i prefer). I have been offered an admission by the other school and even received my form i-20. With available appointment dates fast running out here are my questions

1) Can I book an appointment before submitting my DS-160 (incase i get an offer from the other school, so I may edit the information to suit my new program )?
2) I am to indicate my SEVIS ID when booking the appointment, can I edit it after booking the appointment (If i get an offer from the other school) and if not, will it matter if the SEVIS ID i used to book the appointment is different from the information in your database?
3) Generally I wish to be advised on what to do in a situation like this i.e appointment availability running out and delayed admission decision.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hello righturn -

1) yes. You'll need to start a DS-160, but you can then log back in and complete it, or you can fill out a new one and associate the new one with your appointment.
2) your SEVIS id will not change, but you can transfer your SEVIS from one school to another.

Regards,

LagosNIV

righturn:
Hello VO,

I applied to 2 schools for spring 2018, I am yet to receive a decision on 1 of my applications (the school i prefer). I have been offered an admission by the other school and even received my form i-20. With available appointment dates fast running out here are my questions

1) Can I book an appointment before submitting my DS-160 (incase i get an offer from the other school, so I may edit the information to suit my new program )?
2) I am to indicate my SEVIS ID when booking the appointment, can I edit it after booking the appointment (If i get an offer from the other school) and if not, will it matter if the SEVIS ID i used to book the appointment is different from the information in your database?
3) Generally I wish to be advised on what to do in a situation like this i.e appointment availability running out and delayed admission decision.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by righturn: 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello righturn -

1) yes. You'll need to start a DS-160, but you can then log back in and complete it, or you can fill out a new one and associate the new one with your appointment.
2) your SEVIS id will not change, but you can transfer your SEVIS from one school to another.

Regards,

LagosNIV

thank you sir for your response but please,
1) How may i associate a new DS 160 form with an appointment already booked with another DS-160 ID ( as I will be unable to edit after booking)?
2) Before my interview if i get another form i-20 (from my preferred school),i will have a new sevis id. How may i associate this also with my appointment already booked with a different sevis id?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by trovserg: 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2017
Good evening great people, Pls I need the customer service number of US EMBASSY, the one on their site doesn't give me the option to speak with an agent. Thanks, Pls It is very important.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fxfx: 7:40am On Nov 04, 2017
Hello VO, thanks for your help in resolving visa issues. My situation is as follows......I applied for a drop box renewal and was invited for an interview. I have been visiting the u.s for over 15years now and never being denied. In my renewal application, i indicated that my wife is a permanent resident living in the u.s which is true (this is not the case over the years as i just put my aunty's address). my wife is there working and preparing for her board exams. I explained this to the VO last month and also told her my citizen kids live with me here. I have a very good job here anyways. I was denied.

My question is.....do VO have issues when one couple is living in the u.s? I want to reapply and is it proper to go to the interview with my kids and their u.s passports?

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Danobal: 8:21am On Nov 04, 2017
Good Morning Vo,
Please I need your advice, I want to travel to Texas on vacation with my family and non of us have travel before.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ANIEXTY(m): 9:01am On Nov 04, 2017
Good morning, please i just got my international passport. A friend invited me to Cayman Islands, and i wish
to work there too, i want to apply for visa but i don't know what kind of visa to apply for and the requirements. please help!!!! thank-you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:32am On Nov 04, 2017
Hello fxfx. In the situation you describe, the visa officer may have determined that your ties to the US (via the LPR wife and American citizen children) were stronger than your ties to Nigeria. Also, if you had previously not been open about your wife's status and presence in the US, that may have diminished your credibility.

fxfx:
Hello VO, thanks for your help in resolving visa issues. My situation is as follows......I applied for a drop box renewal and was invited for an interview. I have been visiting the u.s for over 15years now and never being denied. In my renewal application, i indicated that my wife is a permanent resident living in the u.s which is true (this is not the case over the years as i just put my aunty's address). my wife is there working and preparing for her board exams. I explained this to the VO last month and also told her my citizen kids live with me here. I have a very good job here anyways. I was denied.

My question is.....do VO have issues when one couple is living in the u.s? I want to reapply and is it proper to go to the interview with my kids and their u.s passports?

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:33am On Nov 04, 2017
Hello Danobal. Do some research on your own and come back with pointed questions.

Danobal:
Good Morning Vo,
Please I need your advice, I want to travel to Texas on vacation with my family and non of us have travel before.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:36am On Nov 04, 2017
Perhaps find a Cayman Islands thread on Nairaland. Working in the Caribbean is not our purview.

ANIEXTY:
Good morning, please i just got my international passport. A friend invited me to Cayman Islands, and i wish
to work there too, i want to apply for visa but i don't know what kind of visa to apply for and the requirements. please help!!!! thank-you.

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fxfx: 10:09am On Nov 04, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Fyorgyn: 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2017
Thank you LagosNIV

The visa was approved and I explained to the consular officer... who was very helpful and explained that there are some parts beyond the control of the embassy.

Thanks again.
Fyorgyn

LagosNIV:
Hello Fyorgyn -

We do our best to accomodate travelers who have imminent travel plans, and sometimes we are able to print visas faster than 3 days. There are some parts of the process which are out of the control of the individual Embassies and Consulates, so sometimes we are not able to speed the process much. Let the consular officer who interviews you know that you would like to have it printed that day if possible, and we will generally do our best to do so.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2017
Dear sir,

I would like to renew my sons visa. The passport in which the old visa was issued in 2015 expired in 2016 and a new one has been issued. When making payment should I put the new or old passport details (as it still appears on his profile) . I await your your valuable response.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hello melochic -

You should input the new passport number.

LagosNIV

melochic:

Dear sir,

I would like to renew my sons visa. The passport in which the old visa was issued in 2015 expired in 2016 and a new one has been issued. When making payment should I put the new or old passport details (as it still appears on his profile) . I await your your valuable response.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rolextoni: 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2017
Am renewing my visa. I went for a follow up interview but was asked for some documents regarding my wife and son because he was born in the US. Although my wife clearly stated the purpose of her visa was for child birth and she was issued. I am the sponsor.

Now, I am to travel to the US for business but was not issued becos I didn't have all of those documents. My wife and son are currently on vacation in the US, I had to ask her to send me the originals but I don't know if my son's passport will be required as part of documents to be cited to confirm anything if am to re-apply. Can you advice pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.