Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819829 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Mum2bee: 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
LagosNIV:

As we often mention here on Nairaland, your application will be reviewed with fresh eyes each time that you re-apply. We don't recommend that anyone apply within 90 days of a previous application, but many applicants who have been previously refused are able to eventually build sufficient ties to meet the requirements for the visa under U.S. immigration law.

Circumstances that may influence a decision at the time of your application include, but are not limited to, your job, your house, your family, your stated intent for going to the United States, your previous travel history, or your financial situation. Be honest with the VO about your current reasons for travelling, your previous refusals, and what has changed.

Hello VO, my cousin just got denied today and no reasons were given. She is due to be on her annual leave in September and I have invited her to accompany me and my family while we are on vacation in the US and because I would also be having my baby while I am there. Because I am asking her to join me I would also be her sponsor for the trip. During her interview she was asked if the purpose of the trip (which she told them holiday and to assist me with my son) and where she had travelled to prior (China and Ghana). I am not sure that we have done anything wrong so I would like for her to reapply as soon as possible so she can explain the situation. She took with her all my doctors correspondences and the receipts (I have even paid the hospital and Physicians fees as well as accommodation and flight tickets for my family and i) but nothing was asked for or checked. I know its normally recommended that you reapply 90 days after refusal (bearing in mind nothing has changed in our application) but by then I wouldn't need her and she would be back at work. What are your thoughts on this please?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by aaaliyahh: 2:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
hello vo, my wife is a US permanent resident holder an she will be giving birth to our first kid by november and i already hav a letter from her doctor to be present during the delivery and since the interviewer dont usually ask for documents so what is expected of me?.. Av never traveled out of the country due to my phobia for height and now dis is my first sacrifice for my baby.. what is expected of me by the interviewer?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2015
Emblem:
Hello VO,

I just got back from the US after a 21 days visit and I still have a valid B1/B2 visa. I plan applying for an F-1 Visa. I will like to know if my visiting visa guarantees the success of my F1 Visa and i will also like to know what will happen to my B1/B2 Visa if i am denied F-1 Visa? Does it get canceled ?

Having a visa in one class does not guarantee that you will get a visa in another class. Applicants have to meet the criteria of each class each time they apply. In most cases, applying for a student visa will not affect your B1/B2 negatively - unless derogatory information comes to light. If you haven't misused your visa though, there won't be anything to worry about.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mum2bee:

Hello VO, my cousin just got denied today and no reasons were given. She is due to be on her annual leave in September and I have invited her to accompany me and my family while we are on vacation in the US and because I would also be having my baby while I am there. Because I am asking her to join me I would also be her sponsor for the trip. During her interview she was asked if the purpose of the trip (which she told them holiday and to assist me with my son) and where she had travelled to prior (China and Ghana). I am not sure that we have done anything wrong so I would like for her to reapply as soon as possible so she can explain the situation. She took with her all my doctors correspondences and the receipts (I have even paid the hospital and Physicians fees as well as accommodation and flight tickets for my family and i) but nothing was asked for or checked. I know its normally recommended that you reapply 90 days after refusal (bearing in mind nothing has changed in our application) but by then I wouldn't need her and she would be back at work. What are your thoughts on this please?

We don't discuss the specifics of individual cases, but your cousin is welcome to re-apply at any time. We don't recommend re-applying within 90 days because it isn't likely that you will see a different decision and we don't want applicants to waste their time or money.

Having a visa denied does not mean that someone has done something "wrong." The requirements for each class of visa are outlined under the Immigration and Nationality Act of the United States; applicants who are refused have usually failed to demonstrate that they overcome section 214(b). Many applicants who have been previously refused are able to eventually build sufficient ties to meet the requirements for the visa under U.S. immigration law.

Please note that each individual applies for their own visa separately - your plans to give birth (including paying physicians fees and tickets) do nothing to help your cousin, as an individual, meet the requirements outlined under the law.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
aaaliyahh:
hello vo, my wife is a US permanent resident holder an she will be giving birth to our first kid by november and i already hav a letter from her doctor to be present during the delivery and since the interviewer dont usually ask for documents so what is expected of me?.. Av never traveled out of the country due to my phobia for height and now dis is my first sacrifice for my baby.. what is expected of me by the interviewer?

aaaliyahh, asking the same question three times in a row won't get you an answer any faster - VOs are busy conducting interviews!
As has been mentioned before, the only requirements are a DS-160 confirmation sheet and an international passport. We expect that you are completely honest during your interview and a VO will determine if you meet the criteria for the U.S. visa at that time.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bosusa: 11:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
VO, i was denied for a F-1 visa today at the US consulate in Lagos, and I'm unsure why that was my outcome.

My interview:

I arrived early and went through the fingerprinting and all. I was interviewed by an older white VO.

vo: how many schools did you apply to?
me: two (told her the two schools-hood college and Lesley University)
vo: why did you pick Hood
me: told her about how good of a program the math education is at Hood, the faculty and all (she didn't even look at me)
vo: when did you finish your undergraduate
me: 2008
vo: what have you been doing since then?
me: served NYSC and I have been teaching Math and Economics at my mum's (sponsor) school going on 4 years
vo: Are you married?
me: No, but I'm engaged
vo: who's sponsoring your education?
me: my mother (proprietress at the school I currently teach) She didn't even ask for proof of funds.
vo: did you take any standardized exams?
me: No, it was waived (GRE waived at the two institutions I applied to because my work is directly related to the MS mathematics education program, and I graduated 2nd class upper from Ogun state university).

At this point she typed for about 1 minute and then returned my visa and I-20 and said she couldn't approve my visa at this time. However, she said I could reapply.

VO, I need your help with reapplying:

How can I strengthen my 2nd application?
I still want to attend Hood college, should I apply and write the GRE anyways though the school waived the requirement? School starts on August 24th and I can book another appointment before then, what should I do? (I don't want to be denied the 2nd time)

Please help,

Thanks,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 07, 2015
Kindly help with dis information, have been on Administrative Processing Required since November 13 2014 (8 month) and no news from either FBI, USCIS, about why I was actually placed in dis Dark spot.
Want to know if I can actually Reapply with a new Form 1-20 and do all d necessary payment then book for interview? Pls kindly reply me..
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nad95: 9:09am On Jul 07, 2015
Good morning our dear VO.
Can an immigration petition be made for me by a US organisation which wants to employ me?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 07, 2015
hello VO

my wife has a valid visit visa and will like to use it for childbirth sometime soon, i read somewhere that we need to write the embassy and notify them of it, is that true or do we just explain at POE?

thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by staa: 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dear Vo,
good day, posted this sometime ago without a response. Please can i travel for the purpose of birthing to the USA with my B1/B2 visa. though my husband is a United States Citizen but yet to file for me because i do not want to relocate out of the country yet. Would i be allowed into the country if i inform them that i want to be with my husband for the birthng process. though have used my visa before i got married.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ekoboy: 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
I am at loss at how else to prove my commitment /connection with Nigeria. I have a good corporate job, married to a woman who has same, children, property in Nigeria yet my wife and kids were refused visa.

I first applied 2011 with my family but was denied apparently because i had pending migrant petition in my name. I then tried again in 2014 alone and was given. I travelled for 2wks.My wife and children then applied again this year but were denied despite coming along with a copy of my visa since we would travel as a group. they asked if we have travelled together before, which she answered negative.I understand i seem like flight risk because I have immediate familylossn(mum and sis) living in US but they didn't get there illegally.I would prefer to travel to US for holidays/tourism because it affords opportunity to also see friends and family. I am making arrangement to take them to Dubai which i consider as a not too wise use of holiday money, It means I now have to also pay for my mother to also come to Nigeria to see grand kids. I could have killed many birds with one stone. Hopefully travelling with my family will help our attempt next time.

So can I get any advise on how to prove my ties with Nigeria that i have not already showlossn. On the last refusal they went with all documents (office,bank,property), non of which was looked at. am really at a loss angry
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nad95: 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
And what are the requirements for establishing a new company IN USA
Nad95:
Good morning our dear VO.
Can an immigration petition be made for me by a US organisation which wants to employ me?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by iContribute: 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dear VO,

Thank you for this platform.

I had a B1/B2 Visa and made my way to the US. At the US point of entry (not the one i stated i was entrying the US from) the immigration officers were not convinced that i was only visiting as they were some misunderstood/contracdicting statements. However, i wasn't given any opportunity to explain myself then my Visa was cancelled 'WITH PREJUDICE' and i was sent back to Nigeria. Please i have a few questions that i will appreciate answers too and i will also appreciate your advice on steps to correct this situation.

1. What are the automatic penalties for this? Does this mean not being able to ever visit the US?
2. Is there a stipulated period before re-applying without visa refusal?
3. Will this affect my visa applications to visit or migrate to other countries especially Australia and Canada?
4. Will this affect other members of my family?
5. What if my fiance or spouse is a US citizen, will this be an advantage to visit and possibly migrate to the US?
6. What are the steps i need to take to correct the situation?

Thank you in anticipation of your professional advice and response.

iContribute
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jaStar: 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
LagosNIV:

Having an immigrant visa petition on file doesn't prevent you from receiving a B1/B2 visa - every case is reviewed individually.
Previous travel to the United States on a prior B1/B2 visa reflects positively in the applicant's favor, but you should always be honest about your intentions and current ties to Nigeria.

Thank you for your response.

I sent in my application via Dropbox yesterday, and I was very clear in my DS-160 (a box about details) about my ongoing IV petition and why I want the B1/B2 (conference and family visit).

Since 2007, I've been visiting at least once a year and have never overstayed.

Here's hoping for the best. The kids were ecstatic when I told them there's a possibility that daddy might be around for Christmas. They'd given up hope.

Thanks once again. Can't tell you how invaluable you have been
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by owolabisigmaphi: 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2015
Hi VO.
What does it mean when VO approved my H1 b on June 10th but I did get my passport back till now after 4 weeks.
Your response will be appreciated to clarify this confusion

Thank God. Visa issued today

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by orimahspence: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2015
I did my interview today, Abuja Embassy , Window 9. My visa class is journalist/ media I class.
My observations :
1.It seems the VOs just dislike some faces upon seeing them . These category of people are not questioned much before getting their result in white sheet .

2. People between the age of 25 and 30 ( Expecially guys) are all assumed to be single hustlers and majority are refused visa. I fell into this category.

While with the VO.
Vo: where are you going in the state?
Me : Washington D.C
Vo : to do what ?
Me : to attend and cover 2015 Mhealth Summit as a media delegate
Vo : have you travel outside the country before?
Me : Yes
Vo: where? And to do what?
Me: Qatar, as a foreign media rep to cover Qatar 2022 stadia and facilities accreditation by the FIFA
And Saudi Arabia for umrah
Vo : how long did you spend at Qatar
Me : 30 days at first visit and 28 days at subsequent visit.

Vo : have you applied for US visa before
Me : I have never.

Then , there comes the word Sorry, you are not eligible for a non immigrant visa.

I'm 27, married with two kids, and a senior correspondent to a reknown and reputable print media in Nigeria. I drive my own car, living in my own small apartment, presently doing my masters in a University here in Nigeria. (I wonder what other tie to one country is more than this) I was armed with many documents including some of my recent reports in our magazines but none was checked by the VO, (who knows, maybe she is skeptical of my age) , beside, it is my management that is sponsoring me, but how will you explain this when you were neither asked nor given fair hearing, A press collegue of older age with very little ties got his visa approved without much questioning, now my Editor in Chief is thinking maybe I deliberately sabotage the interview process because of my earlier resistance to the US tour.
While I'm not oblivion of your policy of no comment on particular situation, I personally believe maybe the VO hate my face or probably made conjectural assessment of my status and worth due to my age.
The summit is November 8th, when is the appropriate time to reapply?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by funkyjo: 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dear VO,

I am married but I still retain my maiden name because that is what is on my international passport. I am waiting for my passport to expire before changing my name. However, I am confused on what to fill as my 'Title'. Can I use Mrs but still put my maiden name? As in "Mrs Maiden Name". Since it is my title that shows that I am married. I want to apply for B2 visa. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by onyekachi122: 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
what about in your international passport you have over stay on it what will happen please my follow i need your help to this question and want to visit another will they give the person visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by profmicky: 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hi VO

please how can I rescheduled my appointment, I initially picked sept 2nd for Visa interview, am presently an MSc student here in Nigeria, I got the information after booking an appointment with US embassy Abuja that my second semester exam has been slated for 1st week of September which is clashing with my visa appoint date, please how can I rescheduled Is very urgent
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
bosusa:
VO, i was denied for a F-1 visa today at the US consulate in Lagos, and I'm unsure why that was my outcome.

My interview:

I arrived early and went through the fingerprinting and all. I was interviewed by an older white VO.

vo: how many schools did you apply to?
me: two (told her the two schools-hood college and Lesley University)
vo: why did you pick Hood
me: told her about how good of a program the math education is at Hood, the faculty and all (she didn't even look at me)
vo: when did you finish your undergraduate
me: 2008
vo: what have you been doing since then?
me: served NYSC and I have been teaching Math and Economics at my mum's (sponsor) school going on 4 years
vo: Are you married?
me: No, but I'm engaged
vo: who's sponsoring your education?
me: my mother (proprietress at the school I currently teach) She didn't even ask for proof of funds.
vo: did you take any standardized exams?
me: No, it was waived (GRE waived at the two institutions I applied to because my work is directly related to the MS mathematics education program, and I graduated 2nd class upper from Ogun state university).

At this point she typed for about 1 minute and then returned my visa and I-20 and said she couldn't approve my visa at this time. However, she said I could reapply.

VO, I need your help with reapplying:

How can I strengthen my 2nd application?
I still want to attend Hood college, should I apply and write the GRE anyways though the school waived the requirement? School starts on August 24th and I can book another appointment before then, what should I do? (I don't want to be denied the 2nd time)

Please help,

Thanks,

Hello bosusa,

We cannot promise you a different outcome from a second interview. A second application in such a short period of time would likely require a considerable change in circumstances to receive a positive adjudication. It may help to answer the following questions before reapplying: (1) Did I explain my situation accurately? (2) Did the consular officer overlook something? (3) Is there any additional information I can present to establish my residence and strong ties abroad?

Regards,
AbujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
krisnwanegbo:
Kindly help with dis information, have been on Administrative Processing Required since November 13 2014 (8 month) and no news from either FBI, USCIS, about why I was actually placed in dis Dark spot.
Want to know if I can actually Reapply with a new Form 1-20 and do all d necessary payment then book for interview? Pls kindly reply me..

Hello krisnwanegbo,

Ah, administrative processing. Starting a new application at this point would not allow you to jump over it. We work to process every application as quickly as possible and then always contact the applicant as soon as administrative processing is complete. Rest assured that you will hear from the Embassy or Consulate when we have more information. If you applied in Abuja, you can inquire by writing to ConsularAbuja@state.gov, and if you applied in Lagos, contact LagosNIV@state.gov.

Regards,
AbujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
DivideUs:
hello VO

my wife has a valid visit visa and will like to use it for childbirth sometime soon, i read somewhere that we need to write the embassy and notify them of it, is that true or do we just explain at POE?

thanks

Hello DivideUs,

If you already have valid B1/B2 visas, you do not need to inform the Embassy or Consulate of your planned medical care. You are right to think, though, that additional questions might be asked at the border. Consider having with you communication with your medical provider in the States and evidence of financial means to demonstrate that you can cover the full cost of your child's birth (and/or any other medical treatment you seek). In the end, however, visas only allow you to travel to the Port of Entry, and it is the decision of the US Customs and Border Protection whether or not you may enter the United States. Here's what they have to say --> https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved

For all future applications: if you plan on seeking medical care in the US, please be honest with the consular officers.

Regards,
AbujaNIV

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
staa:
Dear Vo,
good day, posted this sometime ago without a response. Please can i travel for the purpose of birthing to the USA with my B1/B2 visa. though my husband is a United States Citizen but yet to file for me because i do not want to relocate out of the country yet. Would i be allowed into the country if i inform them that i want to be with my husband for the birthng process. though have used my visa before i got married.

Hello staa,

You should check out what we just said to @DivideUs!

Regards,
AbujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
ekoboy:
I am at loss at how else to prove my commitment /connection with Nigeria. I have a good corporate job, married to a woman who has same, children, property in Nigeria yet my wife and kids were refused visa.

I first applied 2011 with my family but was denied apparently because i had pending migrant petition in my name. I then tried again in 2014 alone and was given. I travelled for 2wks.My wife and children then applied again this year but were denied despite coming along with a copy of my visa since we would travel as a group. they asked if we have travelled together before, which she answered negative.I understand i seem like flight risk because I have immediate familylossn(mum and sis) living in US but they didn't get there illegally.I would prefer to travel to US for holidays/tourism because it affords opportunity to also see friends and family. I am making arrangement to take them to Dubai which i consider as a not too wise use of holiday money, It means I now have to also pay for my mother to also come to Nigeria to see grand kids. I could have killed many birds with one stone. Hopefully travelling with my family will help our attempt next time.

So can I get any advise on how to prove my ties with Nigeria that i have not already showlossn. On the last refusal they went with all documents (office,bank,property), non of which was looked at. am really at a loss angry

Hello ekoboy,

Nairalanders well know by now that we do not comment or advise on specific cases. But I'll point out that consular officers are trained to primarily rely on the interview rather than documents in making their decisions. Therefore, it is likely they will not ask to see any documents as part of the interview process.

Regards,
AbujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
9jaStar:

Thank you for your response.

I sent in my application via Dropbox yesterday, and I was very clear in my DS-160 (a box about details) about my ongoing IV petition and why I want the B1/B2 (conference and family visit).

Since 2007, I've been visiting at least once a year and have never overstayed.

Here's hoping for the best. The kids were ecstatic when I told them there's a possibility that daddy might be around for Christmas. They'd given up hope.

Thanks once again. Can't tell you how invaluable you have been

Hello 9jaStar,

Thank you for your honesty! Did you have a question?

Regards,
AbujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2015
owolabisigmaphi:
Hi VO.
What does it mean when VO approved my H1 b on June 10th but I did get my passport back till now after 4 weeks.
Your response will be appreciated to clarify this confusion

Thank God. Visa issued today

Thanks

Hello owolabisigmaphi,

You may have heard about our system issues last month? No? They were global! It delayed many people's applications from being processed. We are pleased to say that everything's back to normal and we apologize for any inconvenienc caused. Thank you for understanding and best of luck with your work in the US.

Regards,
AbujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
funkyjo:
Dear VO,

I am married but I still retain my maiden name because that is what is on my international passport. I am waiting for my passport to expire before changing my name. However, I am confused on what to fill as my 'Title'. Can I use Mrs but still put my maiden name? As in "Mrs Maiden Name". Since it is my title that shows that I am married. I want to apply for B2 visa. Thank you.

Hello funkyjo,

What title are you most comfortable being addressed as? Use that one.

Regards,
AbujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
profmicky:
Hi VO

please how can I rescheduled my appointment, I initially picked sept 2nd for Visa interview, am presently an MSc student here in Nigeria, I got the information after booking an appointment with US embassy Abuja that my second semester exam has been slated for 1st week of September which is clashing with my visa appoint date, please how can I rescheduled Is very urgent

Hello profmicky,

You can work out your scheduling details here --> http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp

Please be aware that you can only change your appointment a limited number of times. After that, you must submit a new application and pay the fee again.

Best of luck with your exams!

Regards,
AbujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
onyekachi122:
what about in your international passport you have over stay on it what will happen please my follow i need your help to this question and want to visit another will they give the person visa

Hello onyekachi122,

I'm not sure I understand your question... so... here are answers to a few possible questions:

1) Are there negative consequences from overstaying your visa? Yes!
2) Will they be visible on your passport? We know how to read passports, and so does the Department of Homeland Security.
3) Can you return to the US after an overstay? If you overstayed by between 180 and 364 days, you cannot return for three years. If you overstayed by 365 days or more, then you cannot return for 10 years.
4) Will this damage the likelihood of you receiving a visa in the future? Yes. One of the things consular officers are looking for is whether or not we feel you will legally travel on your visa and act appropriately given your visa class. You will have a much harder time proving your good intentions if you have a history of adverse behavior.

Regards,
AbujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
Nad95:
And what are the requirements for establishing a new company IN USA

Hello Nad95,

Well, now it sounds a lot like you're thinking of establishing a company in the US... and then petitioning for your own immigration? cheesy

Regards,
AbujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
iContribute:
Dear VO,

Thank you for this platform.

I had a B1/B2 Visa and made my way to the US. At the US point of entry (not the one i stated i was entrying the US from) the immigration officers were not convinced that i was only visiting as they were some misunderstood/contracdicting statements. However, i wasn't given any opportunity to explain myself then my Visa was cancelled 'WITH PREJUDICE' and i was sent back to Nigeria. Please i have a few questions that i will appreciate answers too and i will also appreciate your advice on steps to correct this situation.

1. What are the automatic penalties for this? Does this mean not being able to ever visit the US?
2. Is there a stipulated period before re-applying without visa refusal?
3. Will this affect my visa applications to visit or migrate to other countries especially Australia and Canada?
4. Will this affect other members of my family?
5. What if my fiance or spouse is a US citizen, will this be an advantage to visit and possibly migrate to the US?
6. What are the steps i need to take to correct the situation?

Thank you in anticipation of your professional advice and response.

iContribute

Hello iContribute,

Without knowing the specific cause cited for your visa revocation, we cannot comment on the penalties or consequences.

Regards,
AbujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ediz: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
@abujaniv

Dear VO,

I applied for B1/B2 Visa with wife and kid earlier this year, with my wife visibly pregnant and we were denied though the interview didn't go well as i was very nervous and didn't answer all the questions fluently.

Me my wife and my first child have a travel history!

We are now a family of Four now as my wife gave birth to our second child 3 months ago and we are planning to reapply including our second child.

Please VO is that a change in circumstance?

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.