Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (822441 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by larrytoks: 6:52pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hello Nigeria NIV Team,

I completed my DS-160 form and printed the confirmation and the application for my reference. While I was filling another form for my son, and making reference to my printed application, I realized I had skipped my Education information on my own form. I guess I just selected "does not apply" unknowingly and moved past it.
My question is; do I need to fill another DS-160 form due to this error or can this omission be overlooked without jeopardizing my chances of getting the visa?

Please advise.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Buccattee: 7:45pm On Mar 08, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello Buccattee,

It is always best to start the process early due to wait times.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

Thanks NIV Team,

Just wondering if the VO won't deny me for applying to Visit my wife on F-1 visa that hasn't take effect yet. Note: she's presently on B1/B2 visa, but it was written boldly on her new F-1 visa that "Effective date, May 2016" since she's resuming study by June.
Can I still go ahead and apply by March or April or I should wait till May when her new F1 visa will be effective.
Sincerely
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MXoXo: 8:12pm On Mar 08, 2016
Dear VO,

is B1 the appropriate visa category while applying to go for an official work related training in the USA. There are some arguments its better to apply for B1/B2.

Please clarify, thankyou.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:45am On Mar 09, 2016
MXoXo:
Dear VO,

is B1 the appropriate visa category while applying to go for an official work related training in the USA. There are some arguments its better to apply for B1/B2.

Please clarify, thankyou.

Hello MXoXo,

The B1 visa is for business related activities and the B2 visa is for tourist related activities. You know your own circumstances the best and unfortunately, we cannot provide specific case-by-case advice on this forum. During the interview, be clear and honest with the officer about your purpose of travel and your ties to Nigeria.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:50am On Mar 09, 2016
larrytoks:
Hello Nigeria NIV Team,

I completed my DS-160 form and printed the confirmation and the application for my reference. While I was filling another form for my son, and making reference to my printed application, I realized I had skipped my Education information on my own form. I guess I just selected "does not apply" unknowingly and moved past it.
My question is; do I need to fill another DS-160 form due to this error or can this omission be overlooked without jeopardizing my chances of getting the visa?

Please advise.
Thanks

Hello larrytoks,

Please contact the system providers of the application form to see about making additions (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp). Filling out the form correctly and accurately is important.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:54am On Mar 09, 2016
shawno:
Hi VO,
Thank you so much for your answers and piece of advice you normally give on this forum.
Please i want to apply for a US visa to attend a conference. on the application form , business and conference is B1. i know they normally put B1/B2 on the visa on tourist visa . i just want to know the type of visa that is normally written on the visa to attend a conference.
Thank you so much and always.

Hello shawno,

Here is some more information on the different visa classifications - http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typeb1b2.asp.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:55am On Mar 09, 2016
koksy:
Hello Abuja niv
Pls I would be attending a conference in US in June and I have a US visa which expires in May..Pls what is the process of the drop box renewal..which forms do I fill and want documentations do I need
Thanks

Hello koksy-

Please visit this website for Dropbox program information - http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visarenew.asp

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by andyjyd(m): 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello andyjyd,

We are phasing out the hard copy of the passport photograph, but if your interview is scheduled soon, you should be okay to bring in a passport photograph.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Thank you Abujaniv
I have 7:30am interview today and got my visa to be pick next 3days.
Thanks for ur reply
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ujan: 4:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
DEAR V.O.thanks for the great job you are doing.can I please filled my doctor names, address,phone number,fax and e-mail on my ds 160 as contact person.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Lucky911: 9:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
Good day Visa officer and thanks for being there for everyone of us..pls my question is:

I already have a B1B2 visa, during the interview, the consular officer asked if I intend to have my baby in the US within now and the next 2 years, my response was for now I dnt know..but now I am pregnant and I want to have my baby in the US although I have not travelled wt the visa since it was issued. As regards my response, (For now I dnt know) do I need to notify the embassy of using my visa for childbirth or not? Please I need your professional advice on what to do so that I do not have problem at POE. Thanks man.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2016
ujan:
DEAR V.O.thanks for the great job you are doing.can I please filled my doctor names, address,phone number,fax and e-mail on my ds 160 as contact person.

Hello ujan,

There is no rule or requirement about the person listed as a contact in the U.S. Some applicants do not have a contact person because they are going to a hotel in a place where they don't know anyone - and some people list family or friends. Just be honest and clear about your intentions for travel, both on the form and in the interview.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by koksy(f): 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
What I need to know is....is it still the same DS-160 form I will fill for renewal?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by segee77: 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
Please vo. I had my interview on Monday but denied, vo asked me if my friend am going to stay with , is my girlfriend and how did my wife feel about my travelling, please i want to asked if is compulsory I must travel with my wife and also I have not travel outside Nigeria before. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Cutie33: 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hello V.O.

I want to ask if one can apply for a B1/B2 visa while on visiting in another country. Is this possible? a friend is currently on vacation in canada for the first time and she realises she could travel by road to US from where she is but she has no US visa, how can she go about it.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mummybee: 9:37am On Mar 11, 2016
Hello Nigeria NIV team,

I have a B1/B2 visa which I used for birthing in 2014 (the original intent). Now I want to use the visa for the same purpose.

My Question is: my visa will expire on the 30th July, my due date is in Mid July and I intend traveling to the U.S first week in June to be back in August. Can I travel with the visa? And what are my chances at the POE? Many thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:17am On Mar 11, 2016
koksy:
What I need to know is....is it still the same DS-160 form I will fill for renewal?

Hello koksy,

Yes, the DS 160 needs to be filled for each applicant when they apply for the first time or for a renewal.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:20am On Mar 11, 2016
mummybee:
Hello Nigeria NIV team,

I have a B1/B2 visa which I used for birthing in 2014 (the original intent). Now I want to use the visa for the same purpose.

My Question is: my visa will expire on the 30th July, my due date is in Mid July and I intend traveling to the U.S first week in June to be back in August. Can I travel with the visa? And what are my chances at the POE? Many thanks.

Hello mummybee,

Your visa validity is what allows you to go to the POE and seek entrance, so if you travel in June, that will be fine. We recommend bringing (on the plane with you) financial records showing your ability to pay for the birth, correspondence between you and any medical facilities in the U.S., and if you have already a baby in the U.S. - you should also being proof of payment for that birth. Be clear and honest with the CBP agent at the POE.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:23am On Mar 11, 2016
Cutie33:
Hello V.O.

I want to ask if one can apply for a B1/B2 visa while on visiting in another country. Is this possible? a friend is currently on vacation in canada for the first time and she realises she could travel by road to US from where she is but she has no US visa, how can she go about it.

Hello Cutie33,

It would be very difficult to get a visa while visiting another country because it would be hard for the VO to determine the applicant's ties to their home country.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:26am On Mar 11, 2016
segee77:
Please vo. I had my interview on Monday but denied, vo asked me if my friend am going to stay with , is my girlfriend and how did my wife feel about my travelling, please i want to asked if is compulsory I must travel with my wife and also I have not travel outside Nigeria before. Thanks

Hello segee77,

We cannot offer case-by-case advice on this forum, but the general answer is that the VO did not believe you overcame the presumption of immigrant intent at the time of your interview. There is no rule about who people travel with or where they travel, but instead the VO was assessing your ties to Nigeria. You are welcome to apply again, but we would advise that you wait until there have been major changes to your circumstances.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:28am On Mar 11, 2016
Lucky911:
Good day Visa officer and thanks for being there for everyone of us..pls my question is:

I already have a B1B2 visa, during the interview, the consular officer asked if I intend to have my baby in the US within now and the next 2 years, my response was for now I dnt know..but now I am pregnant and I want to have my baby in the US although I have not travelled wt the visa since it was issued. As regards my response, (For now I dnt know) do I need to notify the embassy of using my visa for childbirth or not? Please I need your professional advice on what to do so that I do not have problem at POE. Thanks man.

Hello Lucky911,

You do not have to notify the Embassy or Consulate. You should however bring (on the plane with you) financial records showing your ability to pay for the birth, correspondence between you and any medical facilities in the U.S. and be ready to answer questions about why you didn't travel on the visa when it was first issued and why you have chosen to give birth in the U.S.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Cutie33: 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello segee77,

We cannot offer case-by-case advice on this forum, but the general answer is that the VO did not believe you overcame the presumption of immigrant intent at the time of your interview. There is no rule about who people travel with or where they travel, but instead the VO was assessing your ties to Nigeria. You are welcome to apply again, but we would advise that you wait until there have been major changes to your circumstances.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

Dear VO, i read your response to segeee77, what does it really entains for a "major changes to one circumstances" occour because you say that often in most responses to those whose visa application is denied.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JECU: 10:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dear VO .pls help me with this questions. Since is difficult to get visa being single cos dey think u will not return, I was married but now I am seperated from my husband though not official yet just verbally.Can I still claim married and use my husband name since I have all the proof.

Note : my passport bears my father's name.I want to know if it will make my application to be denied if I use my husband name to fill my form.Can one use 2 names provided I have back up proof and I won!t be denied visa.
I want to attend my brothers graduation ceremoney on may and I intend to come back.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by afembaba(f): 2:34pm On Mar 12, 2016
Please sir.i am pregnant and I. Want to go to usa for birthing. But I will be in dubai for 3months on tourist visa. Can I apply here and do my interview here in dubai or abu Dhabi while on tourist visa.or I must come. Back to nigeria to do the interview
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by diamondsare4eva: 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
Dear VO,
Can a US citizen accompany his mother for an interview at the embassy. Because she will not be able to understand the VO because of the accent and the mother can't communicate in English.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abbey3132: 7:38am On Mar 13, 2016
hello vo
thanks for the good job,i am actually writing on behalf of my brothers wife that just being denied a USA visa on the 7th of this march
please read carefully and help me out,her story goes thus,she works with state government and she earn closed to 200k a month,shes married with kids,she has traveled to Ghana and also just came back from 2days shopping in Dubai 3days before her interview at the us embassy.she already made a plan for going to spend some of her vacation in Dubai and USA in may 2016 but all of a sudden she was selected with the committee at her work to attend a seminar in USA in march so all well and good unfortunately she was denied,the questions is can she still go ahead with her plan for visiting Dubai and re apply for the USA visa in May to spend some of her vacation,also is there any time frame from the time of denial to time you could re apply?another thing is what could possibly be change in her circumstances?
shes married with kids,has good job that she has been doing over 10 years,she has traveled out twice and will be her third time by the time she want to re apply in May...thanks for quick response
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by pyx: 8:12am On Mar 13, 2016
Dear VO, my cousin just obtain a international passport ,can he applied for visa without a waiting for six month duration to elapse since he will be going for summer in August.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by damoche64: 8:36am On Mar 13, 2016
Hi V.O,
what of B1/B2 visa issued to Nigerians in another country, Are they qualify 4 dropbox since they are permanent resident in Nigeria now?

abujaniv:
The United States Mission to Nigeria is pleased to announce an expansion of the Drop Box Visa Renewal Program, effective March 15, 2016. This program allows certain visa applicants who have previously been issued U.S. visas to renew their visas without attending an interview.

To qualify for the DHL Drop Box Visa Renewal Program, visa applicants must be applying to renew either a B1/B2, an F or M, J, an L, or an H visa. They must satisfy all of the following criteria for their visa class. If applying as a group or family, all members must fulfill each criteria to use the program.

For a B1/B2 visa holder:
• The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder; if not a Nigerian passport holder, the applicant principally resides in Nigeria and their last visa was issued in Nigeria;
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in an issuance;
• The applicant was issued a two-year B1/B2 United States visa;
The visa expired no more than four years prior to reissuance;
• The applicant was at least 14 years old at the time of the last issuance or will be under the age of 14 at the time of reissuance; and
• The applicant has never been arrested nor had an encounter with law enforcement, customs, or immigration officials in the United States.

For an F or M visa holder:
• The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder; if not a Nigerian passport holder, the applicant principally resides in Nigeria; and their last visa was issued in Nigeria;
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in issuance of an F or M visa;
• The applicant is continuing in the same program the original visa was issued for, for example continuing with a bachelor’s degree, even if you have changed institutions, OR if you are continuing with a different program at the same institution; for example completing a bachelor’s program and continuing to study for a master’s degree at the same institution.
• The applicant’s endorsed I-20 is submitted with the application;
• A current transcript is included with the application;
• The applicant was at least 14 years old at the time of the last issuance or will be under the age of 14 at the time of reissuance; and
• The applicant has never been arrested nor had an encounter with law enforcement, customs, or immigration officials in the United States.

For a J visa holder:
• The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder; if not a Nigerian passport holder, the applicant principally resides in Nigeria; and their last visa was issued in Nigeria;
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in issuance of a J visa;
• The applicant’s Student and Exchange Information System (SEVIS) number has not changed at the time of issuance from the previously issued visa;

For an L visa holder:
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in issuance of an L visa;
The visa expired no more than one year prior to reissuance;
• The same petition is provided that was used in the previous visa application;
• Receipts showing payment of all necessary fees are provided;

For an H visa holder:
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in issuance of an H visa;
The visa expired no more than one year prior to reissuance;
• The same petition is provided that was used in the previous visa application;
• Receipts showing payment of all necessary fees are provided;

Applicants who satisfy these criteria should follow the visa application instructions on the U.S. Embassy Nigeria website at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_appointmnent_instructions.html. The CGI visa appointment website will ask applicants a series of questions reflecting the criteria for the DHL Drop Box Visa Renewal Program. Qualifying applicants will be prompted to print a letter confirming their eligibility for the program and instructing them to drop off the letter with their passport, application confirmation sheet, passport photos, visa fee receipt, and appropriate forms to one of the DHL facilities in Abuja or Lagos. The application packets are adjudicated and returned to the applicant’s selected DHL location within 7-10 business days.

Please note that participation in this program does not guarantee visa issuance. Additionally, the consular section may request applicants to attend a visa interview in certain cases, despite having submitted their application through the Drop Box program.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abbey3132: 3:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
abbey3132:
hello vo
thanks for the good job,i am actually writing on behalf of my brothers wife that just being denied a USA visa on the 7th of this march
please read carefully and help me out,her story goes thus,she works with state government and she earn closed to 200k a month,shes married with kids,she has traveled to Ghana and also just came back from 2days shopping in Dubai 3days before her interview at the us embassy.she already made a plan for going to spend some of her vacation in Dubai and USA in may 2016 but all of a sudden she was selected with the committee at her work to attend a seminar in USA in march so all well and good unfortunately she was denied,the questions is can she still go ahead with her plan for visiting Dubai and re apply for the USA visa in May to spend some of her vacation,also is there any time frame from the time of denial to time you could re apply?another thing is what could possibly be change in her circumstances?
shes married with kids,has good job that she has been doing over 10 years,she has traveled out twice and will be her third time by the time she want to re apply in May...thanks for quick response

Please dear vo and the house I need urgent response ....thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mommatriplets: 4:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
so i was given a b1/b2 visa, which i intend to use in a couple of months time,(vacation with hubby) .somthing happened along the line, and am thinking of doing a short course in photography in the usa.
pls how do i go about this?

1. i learnt that one cant do studies of any kind on a b1/b2 visa...is tis true?
2. i will go for the vacation with my hubby, as planned....and since studying on a b1/b2 visa ia wrong, do i come back to nigeria and apply for a change of visa..or is it something i an do there while in usa...the course duration is about 8months to 1yr
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bostin(m): 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2016
Please I need informations on J1 visa from the experienced people. Kindly state any sponsors you've used in the past and the cost requested by the sponsor .
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:26am On Mar 14, 2016
Cutie33:

Dear VO, i read your response to segeee77, what does it really entains for a "major changes to one circumstances" occour because you say that often in most responses to those whose visa application is denied.

Hello Cutie33,

Well, what do you think it means? You could probably make a good and accurate guess. But if we don't see a change since your last application that is sizable enough that we believe your ties and circumstances will compel a return to Nigeria, you will be refused again. Don't waste your time and money on what will undoubtedly be a second unsuccessful interview.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.