Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (822418 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:28am On Mar 14, 2016
JECU:
Dear VO .pls help me with this questions. Since is difficult to get visa being single cos dey think u will not return, I was married but now I am seperated from my husband though not official yet just verbally.Can I still claim married and use my husband name since I have all the proof.

Note : my passport bears my father's name.I want to know if it will make my application to be denied if I use my husband name to fill my form.Can one use 2 names provided I have back up proof and I won!t be denied visa.
I want to attend my brothers graduation ceremoney on may and I intend to come back.

Hello JECU,

Misrepresenting your situation and circumstance is cause enough for your application to be denied - no further questions asked. Do whatever you feel comfortable with, but be aware that we generally end interviews when we feel the applicant is being purposefully misleading about their lives.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:28am On Mar 14, 2016
afembaba:
Please sir.i am pregnant and I. Want to go to usa for birthing. But I will be in dubai for 3months on tourist visa. Can I apply here and do my interview here in dubai or abu Dhabi while on tourist visa.or I must come. Back to nigeria to do the interview

Hello afembaba,

You can apply in UAE.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:29am On Mar 14, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
Dear VO,
Can a US citizen accompany his mother for an interview at the embassy. Because she will not be able to understand the VO because of the accent and the mother can't communicate in English.

Hello diamondsare4eva,

We have interpreters available.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:30am On Mar 14, 2016
abbey3132:
hello vo
thanks for the good job,i am actually writing on behalf of my brothers wife that just being denied a USA visa on the 7th of this march
please read carefully and help me out,her story goes thus,she works with state government and she earn closed to 200k a month,shes married with kids,she has traveled to Ghana and also just came back from 2days shopping in Dubai 3days before her interview at the us embassy.she already made a plan for going to spend some of her vacation in Dubai and USA in may 2016 but all of a sudden she was selected with the committee at her work to attend a seminar in USA in march so all well and good unfortunately she was denied,the questions is can she still go ahead with her plan for visiting Dubai and re apply for the USA visa in May to spend some of her vacation,also is there any time frame from the time of denial to time you could re apply?another thing is what could possibly be change in her circumstances?
shes married with kids,has good job that she has been doing over 10 years,she has traveled out twice and will be her third time by the time she want to re apply in May...thanks for quick response

Hello abbey3132,

To answer your question, yes, she can reapply in May. But since nothing will have changed since her last interview, we would discourage her from doing so since the outcome will be the same.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:31am On Mar 14, 2016
pyx:
Dear VO, my cousin just obtain a international passport ,can he applied for visa without a waiting for six month duration to elapse since he will be going for summer in August.
Thank you

Hello pyx,

I'm not sure why he felt he needed to wait at all? Visas are issued on passports that were printed a week ago.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:32am On Mar 14, 2016
damoche64:
Hi V.O,
what of B1/B2 visa issued to Nigerians in another country, Are they qualify 4 dropbox since they are permanent resident in Nigeria now?

Hello damoche64,

Yes, as long as you live in Nigeria now you can apply via dropbox even if your visa was issued in another country.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:36am On Mar 14, 2016
mommatriplets:

so i was given a b1/b2 visa, which i intend to use in a couple of months time,(vacation with hubby) .somthing happened along the line, and am thinking of doing a short course in photography in the usa.
pls how do i go about this?

1. i learnt that one cant do studies of any kind on a b1/b2 visa...is tis true?
2. i will go for the vacation with my hubby, as planned....and since studying on a b1/b2 visa ia wrong, do i come back to nigeria and apply for a change of visa..or is it something i an do there while in usa...the course duration is about 8months to 1yr

Hello mommatriplets,

1) You will need an F1 or M1 visa to study for that duration in the United States. Under no circumstance should you be completing a course on a B1/B2 visa. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/student.html

2) You can apply for an F1 or an M1 visa now while you're in Nigeria. It is perfectly fine to have both valid B1/B2 and F1 visas in your passport. If you go to the US and change status it can be seen as you misrepresenting your actual motive and all future visa applications may be refused.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:37am On Mar 14, 2016
Bostin:
Please I need informations on J1 visa from the experienced people. Kindly state any sponsors you've used in the past and the cost requested by the sponsor .

Sorry, Bostin, but you're in the wrong thread. This is for people that have questions for consular officers.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abbey3132: 8:02am On Mar 14, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello abbey3132,

To answer your question, yes, she can reapply in May. But since nothing will have changed since her last interview, we would discourage her from doing so since the outcome will be the same.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Thank you so much for quick response and good job but I don't really understand what could possibly be a change in her circumstance since she got a good job,husband and kids as a tie to her country and also traveled out of the country before
Please can visiting another country before re applying be a change in her circumstance from last interview?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by victor4u(m): 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello victor4u,

For the F1, the VOs will certainly ask to see your SEVIS receipt and your I-20. However, any other documents, such as financial information or other correspondence between the student and the school may be requested, but is not required. Any touts or agents that claim to know the documents that applicants MUST have in order to get a visa are not helpful and in fact, many times it is the people who use touts that are denied visas.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

Hello NIV Team,

Thank you for your response.

My friend went for his appointment today, but was given a TB by the guy checking the documents; He was not allowed for the interview because the barcode on his DS-160 is different from the barcode on his interview appointment letter.

He was told that he will be able to use his receipt after 48hrs but he is not really clear on what to do next.

Does he have to fill another DS-160? please can you explain what he is expected to do.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by owolabi123A: 3:05pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hello Visa Officer,
I'm a U.S Citizen residing in U.S, I wish to invite my mother for a visit but my problem is that her international passport's date and place of birth is not correspond with the one I used for her when I was filling my visa application before leaving Nigeria for U.S. It's my Elder Brother that's residing in South Africa that did the international passport for her then without informing me, she travelled to South Africa with the passport once. Sir, hope this information difference won't affect her chance of getting U.S visa, kindly put me through please. God Bless You.
From Tolani.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by obotubong: 3:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hello VO,

Here is my story and question, i applied for student visa in 2013 and was denied and when filling my application formback then, i did not indicate that my dad was an american permanent residence, and about to be a citizen. now he is a citizen and i want to apply for visiting visa to see him, Q: would the fact that i lied then affect me now? cos reason i lied then was simply because i didn't have a good relationship with him then cos he divorced my mum and became less of a father figure to me.

thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by antiaqueen: 10:02pm On Mar 14, 2016
Plz i applied for a usa visa 2yr ago a B1 B2 Visa as a family ,now i need to renew ma visa alone .wat re my chances plz
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Thrombos(f): 12:14am On Mar 15, 2016
Thank you VO for a wonderful job you are doing here.
Please I want a clarification here . My sister attended visa interview at the Abuja embassy on the 24th of February and she was placed on administrative process and the interviewerand told her she'll be contacted in a weeks time but she's yet to get a feedback from the embassy .
The interviewer also took some of her original document .
Checking her status online shows denied and the reason for denial was said to be written on the paper given to her by the interviewer which was administrative process .
My question is : should she be optimistic of a response from the embassy or go with the online status ; if denial is the case , how will she get her original document back . Thank you for your response .?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by favouredi: 3:57am On Mar 15, 2016
hello
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by vadeola: 7:23am On Mar 15, 2016
Sir/Ma,kindly help in clearing my doubt as I submitted my DS-160 application form in Abuja embassy and I scheduled an appointment in Lagos.Will I be allowed to be interviewed in Lagos as my application form was submitted online to Abuja embassy?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:36am On Mar 15, 2016
obotubong:
Hello VO,

Here is my story and question, i applied for student visa in 2013 and was denied and when filling my application formback then, i did not indicate that my dad was an american permanent residence, and about to be a citizen. now he is a citizen and i want to apply for visiting visa to see him, Q: would the fact that i lied then affect me now? cos reason i lied then was simply because i didn't have a good relationship with him then cos he divorced my mum and became less of a father figure to me.

thanks.

Helo obotubong,

I don't know what to tell you other than you lied and yeah, that could affect all future applications in the future.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:37am On Mar 15, 2016
antiaqueen:
Plz i applied for a usa visa 2yr ago a B1 B2 Visa as a family ,now i need to renew ma visa alone .wat re my chances plz

Hello antiaqueen,

We don't give odds, we're not in the gambling business.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:37am On Mar 15, 2016
Thrombos:
Thank you VO for a wonderful job you are doing here.
Please I want a clarification here . My sister attended visa interview at the Abuja embassy on the 24th of February and she was placed on administrative process and the interviewerand told her she'll be contacted in a weeks time but she's yet to get a feedback from the embassy .
The interviewer also took some of her original document .
Checking her status online shows denied and the reason for denial was said to be written on the paper given to her by the interviewer which was administrative process .
My question is : should she be optimistic of a response from the embassy or go with the online status ; if denial is the case , how will she get her original document back . Thank you for your response .?

Hello Thrombos,

She was given a sheet with contact information if she wants to follow up on her specific case.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:40am On Mar 15, 2016
favouredi:
hello V.O,

I was removed from the United States of America 5years ago, my visa was cancelled and i was issued a 5year ban owing to the fact that i was pregnant and according to the immigration officials at the port of entry i didn't make my intention known during my visa interview.

Now my question is: what is the procedure for requesting consent/ permission for me to apply for entry into the United States since i have served my ban and i intend going for vacation with my family. Is there a fee being charged for this procedure?

My visa category was a B1/B2 visa

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hello favouredi,

There are a lot of countries to visit in the world. You have damaged your credibility and trustworthiness with the United States of America. Your five-year ban wasn't a sentence you were serving. It was a minimum amount of time before your new application would even be considered. However, being considered won't guarantee you a visa. You've demonstrated that you travel poorly and mislead our officers during interviews. You've proven we cannot trust you or your intent.

Perhaps you should consider traveling elsewhere for the indefinite future.

Just saying.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shrekandfiona: 8:03am On Mar 15, 2016
shocked

Hello VO,

Is someone with an expired unused visa still eligible for dropbox renewal?

Visa was issued 2 years ago but due to some occurrences the dude couldn't travel again.

Thank you.

Regards, Shrek
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abbey3132: 8:11am On Mar 15, 2016
abbey3132:

Thank you so much for quick response and good job but I don't really understand what could possibly be a change in her circumstance since she got a good job,husband and kids as a tie to her country and also traveled out of the country before
Please can visiting another country before re applying be a change in her circumstance from last interview?

Dear vo that's for good job
please I need a response
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by victor4u(m): 8:13am On Mar 15, 2016
victor4u:

Hello NIV Team,

Thank you for your response.

My friend went for his appointment today, but was given a TB by the guy checking the documents; He was not allowed for the interview because the barcode on his DS-160 is different from the barcode on his interview appointment letter.

He was told that he will be able to use his receipt after 48hrs but he is not really clear on what to do next.

Does he have to fill another DS-160? please can you explain what he is expected to do.

Thank you.

Good Morning VO,

I humble expect your response sir.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by favouredi: 8:47am On Mar 15, 2016
[quote author=abujaniv post=43781491]

Hello
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:54pm On Mar 15, 2016
shrekandfiona:
shocked

Hello VO,

Is someone with an expired unused visa still eligible for dropbox renewal?

Visa was issued 2 years ago but due to some occurrences the dude couldn't travel again.

Thank you.

Regards, Shrek

Hello shrekandfiona,

If your full-validity B1/B2 visa has expired in the last 48 months, you can renew via dropbox.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello mommatriplets,

1) You will need an F1 or M1 visa to study for that duration in the United States. Under no circumstance should you be completing a course on a B1/B2 visa. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/student.html

2) You can apply for an F1 or an M1 visa now while you're in Nigeria. It is perfectly fine to have both valid B1/B2 and F1 visas in your passport. If you go to the US and change status it can be seen as you misrepresenting your actual motive and all future visa applications may be refused.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Also, for future student visa questions, please visit this new forum we started, https://www.nairaland.com/2991174/u.s-student-visa-f1-m1.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Thrombos(f): 2:03pm On Mar 15, 2016
Dear VO
Thank you for the timely response . Keep up the good work .
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2016
hello i intend going to the us soon i am supposed to show up at Pennsylvania but since i have a valid visa i have decided to go see a friend in Texas then go to Pennsylvania from there and back to texas and back to nigeria.

my question is will i be denied entry or harrassed because i am going to dallas first.

secondly i will be carrying ogbono and cray fish would that make them harass me.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by hawklan: 3:09pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hi All,

What are the document for submission when renewing my visa via dropbox.

urgent help need pple.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by NuNu08(f): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hello Vo. I applied for us visa with my 1st child last year nd was denied. I applied then has my husband was then my live in partner but we are married now...the issue hs when my hubby applied then from England when he was still married to his ex wife buh they were in the midst of divorce when he gave his support document to me.the case worker then ask about the wife and i told her they were in the midst of divorce and even showed her the letter from court but she refused us.....months after the divorce was finally granted nd marriage dissolved so my husband email the Us embassy about t and they replied him that we should reaaply nd adress that to the case worker.....Now we have another child and legally married what are our chances of gettting the visa since they wont allow my husband in with us cause he has a british passport

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.