Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby (1516 Views)

Money Matters; Who Keeps The Checkbooks And Atm Cards? Your Man Or You? / Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun (the Baby Pictured) / The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by misssPepper(f): 12:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
I've been here.. I was tatashe before my ID disappeared, d 1 with d abusive husband.. we are currently separated, I moved back to my parents house and i've never been better.. but now the problem is I have a baby, she's almost 1 year old, still breastfeeding, now my inlaws said they will come and take her when she is 1. What steps can I take to prevent that because I will never let it happen. We got married in a catholic church
Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by ireneidiva(f): 6:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
Your inlaws have no business with that baby! It is between you and your ex husband. Get a real lawyer and start preparing a court case before this matter gets out of hand.

2 Likes

Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by misssPepper(f): 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
Planning on going to child welfare office first thing tomorrow morning. I just want to get ready for them
Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
Na wah. Nigerian women,what do you even gain in marriage. Which kin bondage be dis.

If anything goes wrong,

It's either you die from the hiv or stds brought home by the wandering d1ck spouse, or get beaten to death, .

You try leaving the situation, you leave with nothing, no house, no car , child support ,. Thé worst is even leaving thé child with so called in laws.

My dear, you better get a lawyer and fight for what belongs to you. Wtf.

Very sad and depressing.
E bi like say I go comot for this section sef. After the compulsory vacation here, this is the last thing I need.

Did you have a court marriage or only traditional.?

7 Likes

Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by misssPepper(f): 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
Church wedding, in a catholic church.. I moved out. D marriage was just a year old
Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by baby124: 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2014
No one can take your child from you. That baby is too small. Are the shameless inlaws alleging that they can take care of your child better than you? After what their son has done? Except you are mentally incapable, no one that is human should come and take the child from the mother. But you do have to grant the father his rights. Go to a lawyer, and sort out these details.

Dont do any yeye family arrangement where they will be throwing words like, the man owns the child. And pressuring you to give up your child to a man that could not manage his temper. A 1yr old girl child. They funny sha, no shame at all. If my son try that, i wont even know how to pick up the phone to say this kind of thing. sad

5 Likes

Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by ATSOMEH(f): 7:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
They just want to use that to punish u for leaving. Or maybe his mother needs the baby to keep her company. If u are not the strong willed type, just push yr family to face them so they dont intimidate u in any way. When getting a lawyer, get one with experience on dis kind of issue, they always follow the law and tell u d loop holes u can use to yr favour. All d best.

1 Like

Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by misssPepper(f): 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
Is the culture nonsense they are trying to pull.. like i'm an illiterate.. telling me she belongs to her dad

2 Likes

Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by shaybebaby(f): 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2014
misssPepper: Is the culture nonsense they are trying to pull.. like i'm an illiterate.. telling me she belongs to her dad
Well, we know whose oven babies are baked in, the mummy oven. Except you are not the one that carried that child for 9months, they are mad. Geez, my blood is boiling. Sending an e-slap to them in your behalf! angry

4 Likes

Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by MARKone(m): 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
misssPepper: Church wedding, in a catholic church.. I moved out. D marriage was just a year old

Catholic Church That was rather too fast undecided

Anyway get ur self a lawyer, if you cannot afford one, go to any social welfare nearest to you and make a case. The child is still very young to be separated from you, and I believe your in laws are aware of this. But note that the law still permits the man to come for the child when she attains a certain age. And finally, remember that the child will one day ask after her father.
Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by MARKone(m): 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
shaybe baby:
Well, we know whose oven babies are baked in, the mummy oven. Except you are not the one that carried that child for 9months, they are mad. Geez, my blood is boiling. Sending an e-slap to them in your behalf! angry

Oven ke, who come light the faya grin grin

1 Like

Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by soulglo: 4:11am On Jul 01, 2014
OP please stop this. Stop acting like you can't help yourself. Why is this even an issue? It's a stoopeeed question. Please stop with this. Take control of your life already. You have a child to raise.
Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by Abrilla(f): 4:26am On Jul 01, 2014
They dont love that child more than you do and cannot even take care of ur daughter like you would
They just want to punish you for leaving,taking the most precious away from you.
Now since you are very sane no health issues,not an alcoholic nobody i repeat nobody can take full custody of your baby at that age.
This does not concern inlaw at all its only between you and your ex Husband

4 Likes

Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by DBestDoc(f): 4:51am On Jul 01, 2014
@Op, giving that child up will be the deadliest mistake you w'ld ever make in life, worse than the mistake of choosing a wrong spouse.

My cousin had a similar experience, in her case the baby is a boy.

The man came for the child, he thought he could claim him with his political connections and wealth but my cousin refused to release the child....For petes sake what else does she gain for the time and efforts she put into the crappy relationship if not that child.

Though she wasn't working at that time, but she did her best to give the child the basic necessities as the politician husband refused to release a dime to her for the baby. All in all, the boy is grown now(9yrs old) and turned out to be one of the smartest, well groomed and most intelligent kid i've ever had around me and cousin remarried last yr.

My dear, keep your baby, she is yours. Don't let them leave you with nothing, she's all you've got.
About knowing her father, when she grows up she will. You guys could make a kinda visiting arrangement.

All the best!

7 Likes

Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by misssPepper(f): 7:05am On Jul 01, 2014
D dad has said he's not even interested.. but his parents won't let me be. I'll go to welfare office today
Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by shaybebaby(f): 7:20am On Jul 01, 2014
MARKone:

Oven ke, who come light the faya grin grin
Lol. You sha were not lighting fire for nine months. Do you think it is easy to have another human being growing inside your body? Omo, no talk am o! Na mama get pikin because na we suffer pass!
Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2014
How will they take the child? Will they forcefully take her away from you

Please under NO circumstance whatsoever should you give your child to ANYBODY.

Nonsense people.
Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
misssPepper: D dad has said he's not even interested.. but his parents won't let me be. I'll go to welfare office today

Pls if they forcefully come for they child. Keep screaming kidnappers, kidnappers ...maybe by the time some group of people descend on them they will find their way.
On no account you release that child. No account. I repeat no account you release that child without you being there to monitor her.
Hear me OP, I SAID NO ACCOUNT!

3 Likes

Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by baby124: 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
misssPepper: D dad has said he's not even interested.. but his parents won't let me be. I'll go to welfare office today

Tell them point blank, that it will be impossible. A girl child for that matter. Lai lai. The parents of the boy that are already old and slow, how can they take care of a little energetic child more than the young mother. Plus with a girl child, leaving her carelessly to people can open her up to all sorts of abuse. be very wise. You are a mother. Even wild animals will not give up their child.

1 Like

Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2014
baby_123:

Tell them point blank, that it will be impossible. A girl child for that matter. Lai lai. The parents of the boy that are already old and slow, how can they take care of a little energetic child more than the young mother. Plus with a girl child, leaving her carelessly to people can open her up to all sorts of abuse. be very wise. You are a mother. Even wild animals will not give up theiIr child.

The last time we saw a lioness on front page fighting to rescue her cub. While the lion was just relaxed behind . Hz didn't even move to help. cheesy

This is an animal, how much more a human.
Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by baby124: 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
Chillisauce:

The last time we saw a lioness on front page fighting to rescue her cub. While the lion was just relaxed behind . Hz didn't even move to help. cheesy

This is an animal, how much more a human.

I remember seeing that too. LOL. I wonder though why a man or an older person will want such a small child . They are really not easy to handle at that age. Very whinny, needy, energetic and just trouble. Plus an older person is probably too old to keep up with them. Except the mum is mentally incapable. I even see mad women taking care of their kids, and they will go wild if you try to take them away.

Except the mum is a psychopath, a danger to the child or she does not want her; i dont understand why anyone will want to take her child. It is quite a wicked thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 02, 2014
They can't take that child from you till she's like 6/7. That's the law. After then you guys can battle custody in court. Meanwhile, tell them to get a lawyer grin Good luck.
Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by shizzle11(m): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
Nawao! I'm even more entangled in the thought of what could have led to break up of a less than 1yr marriage. Kai, na God go help pesin'o. Did this marriage pass through the 'rites' or it was a marriage of circumstance?

I just have my reservations undecided

#forgive my derailing
Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by Lolaabokoku(f): 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2014
Never let go off ur baby, Protect ur baby like å mother hen does,,,, wicked family!

1 Like

Re: Any Lawyer In The House? Who Keeps The Baby by i1: 1:32am On Jul 03, 2014
The position of the law is: custody of the child is based primarily on the child's welfare. A female child is usually left with the mother until she is of age. For his family to come to take the child they must prove that you can not take care of her or you have an impediment such as drugs or alcohol.
Ciao

(1) (Reply)

Advice My Cousin Pls / Father Is Shocked When He Discovers This Horrifying Letter From His Son. / An After-one Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.