Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Money Matters; Who Keeps The Checkbooks And Atm Cards? Your Man Or You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Money Matters; Who Keeps The Checkbooks And Atm Cards? Your Man Or You? (730 Views)

Money Matters In Marriage; Does Money Bring Marital Happiness? / Reasons You Should Not Divorce Your Man Because He Can't Satisfy You Sexually / Wives Kindly Share The Weird Stuffs You Do For Your Man Out Of Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Matters; Who Keeps The Checkbooks And Atm Cards? Your Man Or You? by Mamagidi(f): 3:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
Being a bedrock in our society, money and its essentiality has made and marred many relationships. When this big question is asked, these are the major responses:

The Woman’s Stand
A woman would most likely say that she should be in charge because she is the one with more of the responsibilities; making the home. And this involves a lot of money. Her man becomes an auditor when she comes to him for money. He begins to give million reasons why he cannot give her the money. But guess who takes the credit when his children are celebrated? Who has the largest appetite in the house? Who feels like a real man when he takes his wife out and she gets adorable looks from many? And then, who gets the blame when things are not going well? Who is at the receiving end in many things? Only a few women would really speak for their men as being benevolent.

The Man’s Position
Men are known for their ego and would therefore use this as their first weapon. They would argue that they are the heads of their homes and that naturally makes them in charge on most issues including finances. They would go further to say that women are very expensive to maintain and spend most of the time buying unnecessary things. More so, isn’t it sad for a man to go about without some change or to say that his wife is in charge of his financial estate in a society like ours? But they forget that some men are more extravagant than women and some women are more meticulous than men on such issues.

Now, we're asking who should be in charge?

You can kindly read more here: www.mamagidi.com
Re: Money Matters; Who Keeps The Checkbooks And Atm Cards? Your Man Or You? by Captainswag225(m): 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2015
The man of course...,,,, women are spendthrift

1 Like

Re: Money Matters; Who Keeps The Checkbooks And Atm Cards? Your Man Or You? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
There is no one size fits all. Whatever works for you...
Anyone could be extravagant, male or female. Money management is dependent on the couple's history as regards finance. (e.g)My husband is so generous that he could give out his kids school fees gaan _ for me, I would look you in the eye and tell you "I ain't giving".

^^For the above reason, I am in charge of finance.
We have a joint account and personal accounts. My hubby signs my signature, I haven't bothered to learn his.
He knows my pin, but has to remind me of his(reminding me annoys him) and I forget immediately after withdrawing. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Money Matters; Who Keeps The Checkbooks And Atm Cards? Your Man Or You? by Mamagidi(f): 3:38pm On Oct 27, 2015
Captainswag225:
The man of course...,,,, women are spendthrift
Isn't that a stereotype? There are some men who are spendthrifts too and not all women are spendthrifts
Re: Money Matters; Who Keeps The Checkbooks And Atm Cards? Your Man Or You? by Captainswag225(m): 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
Mamagidi:

Isn't that a stereotype? There are some men who are spendthrifts too and not all women are spendthrifts
women are generally spendthrift, they buy alot of stuffs men won't buy....men save more
Re: Money Matters; Who Keeps The Checkbooks And Atm Cards? Your Man Or You? by Mamagidi(f): 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
There is no one size fits all. Whatever works for you...
Anyone could be extravagant, male or female. Money management is dependent on the couple's history as regards finance. (e.g)My husband is so generous that he could give out his kids school fees gaan _ for me, I would look you in the eye and tell you "I ain't giving".
^^For the above reason, I am in charge of finance.
We have a joint account and personal accounts. My hubby signs my signature, I haven't bothered to learn his.
He knows my pin, but has to remind me of his(reminding me annoys him) and I forget immediately after withdrawing. embarassed

cheesy cheesy cheesy...cool
Re: Money Matters; Who Keeps The Checkbooks And Atm Cards? Your Man Or You? by LewsTherin: 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
Like Kachisbarbie said, there is no one size to fit all. Whatever floats your boat.

In my case, my Lady and I work together. We get paid into the same account which happens to be in my name (convinience sake). We have a joint account for savings. She has access to all bank cards, pins, passwords and all (when she remembers them)

When we first got married, she handled the finances. But over time, we both realised that she's loose with money. I don't mean she spends recklessly, I mean she LOOSES the physical cash!! grin She could be holding a wad of cash and would just throw it into the trash. Whenever she takes any of the cards to make a withdrawal, it takes an average of 2 days to find the friggin card. I once saw a purse of cash in the car 2 months after I took the car for a major overhall. She forgot the cash there FOR 2 FLAMMING MONTHS!!

But she's mine and I will have her no other way.

Here's how we do it tho'
There is no "my money and your money" It's OUR money. I want something, she wants something, we discuss it. Even if it's a bottle of coke. Discussion can be a simple statement of intention but the statement must be made. She wants something and I give her the cash if it's on me or a card to get the cash. As long as we have discussed or just mentioned a thing, and it's within our budget, it's done. The budgeting and discussing is what keeps us in check.

Fortunately, we have remained honest with each other so it works.

2 Likes

Re: Money Matters; Who Keeps The Checkbooks And Atm Cards? Your Man Or You? by ifyalways(f): 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
Our children undecided
Re: Money Matters; Who Keeps The Checkbooks And Atm Cards? Your Man Or You? by babygirlfl: 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2015
LewsTherin:
Like Kachisbarbie said, there is no one size to fit all. Whatever floats your boat.

In my case, my Lady and I work together. We get paid into the same account which happens to be in my name (convinience sake). We have a joint account for savings. She has access to all bank cards, pins, passwords and all (when she remembers them)

When we first got married, she handled the finances. But over time, we both realised that she's loose with money. I don't mean she spends recklessly, I mean she LOOSES the physical cash!! grin She could be holding a wad of cash and would just throw it into the trash. Whenever she takes any of the cards to make a withdrawal, it takes an average of 2 days to find the friggin card. I once saw a purse of cash in the car 2 months after I took the car for a major overhall. She forgot the cash there FOR 2 FLAMMING MONTHS!!

But she's mine and I will have her no other way.

Here's how we do it tho'
There is no "my money and your money" It's OUR money. I want something, she wants something, we discuss it. Even if it's a bottle of coke. Discussion can be a simple statement of intention but the statement must be made. She wants something and I give her the cash if it's on me or a card to get the cash. As long as we have discussed or just mentioned a thing, and it's within our budget, it's done. The budgeting and discussing is what keeps us in check.

Fortunately, we have remained honest with each other so it works.

Nice

1 Like

Re: Money Matters; Who Keeps The Checkbooks And Atm Cards? Your Man Or You? by Mamagidi(f): 8:56am On Oct 28, 2015
ifyalways:
Our children undecided
cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Letter Of A Nairalander To His Dead Mum / When Your Mum Refuses To Go Out With You: Share Your Experience - Photo / 39 Ancient Wisdom Tips For Singles On Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.