Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,070 members, 7,835,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Learning How To Pray - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Learning How To Pray (493 Views)

Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? / Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? / How To Pray Effectively By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Phd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learning How To Pray by argon500: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
People have a hard time trusting God with their lives and the lives of others when they're going through a difficult season. If life is going well, they easily trust, but when they feel like they can’t control what's going on, they start to panic. The problem is often that we see God as an idea and fail to see Him as a person. The remedy for panic is prayer.

Prayer is how we experience and connect to God. Of all the spiritual disciplines (fasting, studying, evangelism, etc.), prayer seemed to be an “easy” one. Have you ever felt like you don’t have anything important to pray about? Or that God doesn’t really answer? Or that He gets tired of hearing the same prayer over and over and over? I have felt these things, but I now understand they are lies that can keep me from communicating with my Heavenly Father. God has been faithfully teaching me to pray during both suffering and thanksgiving.

Are you thankful, happy, rejoicing? Paul tells us in I Thessalonians 5:17, “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances...” Seasons of blessing can be an encouragement for us. It's important to remember that blessings come from God, and we can pray to Him in thankfulness as well. The greatest gift He gave us is His son, and for Christians, this life is as bad as it gets with Heaven as our future home. We don’t need to skip over the heartaches, but we need to look for reasons to be thankful and thank the Giver.

No matter what our circumstances, we can pray—anytime, anywhere.

Prayer gives us an accurate assessment of who we are. It encourages us to focus on God instead of ourselves and reveals our constant need for Him. Prayer opens our eyes to who we truly are (selfish people by nature, whether it’s subtle or blatant) and lifts our eyes toward our Creator so that He can reveal who He wants us to be, by His grace.

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/consultainment
Follow us on Blog: www.entercreativeworld..com

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis And Pope Emeritus, Pope Benedict At Great War Today / Simple Lesson Of Life / All- Round Breakthrough!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.