Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Are The Yorubas The Wisest in terms of Adages/proverbs And Wise-sayings? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are The Yorubas The Wisest in terms of Adages/proverbs And Wise-sayings? (2936 Views)

The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... / Funny But Wise African Proverbs. / ***Nigerian Adages And Their Meanings*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are The Yorubas The Wisest in terms of Adages/proverbs And Wise-sayings? by fittoux: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2014
I saw a thread of african proverb on front page,so i decide to open this for the wise people of kaaro o ji re cause they say'tiwa ni tiwa apon fi isu si ina o bu fun agutan re je'(what we own is ours,the bachelor share his roasted yam with his ewe)so,'m sharing this with the yorubas as we seem to be the wisest in africa(NA AJOKE I DEY O O).
Meanwhile,other tribes are welcome to share theirs so we can all learn.let's make it a peaceful thread for the elders say 'when we learn we grow'.
According to the yorubas'owe lesin oro,oro lesin owe ti oro ba sonu owe ni a fi n wa(proverb is the horse that word ride,if word get lost,proverb is what is use to search it out).let's ride...
Re: Are The Yorubas The Wisest in terms of Adages/proverbs And Wise-sayings? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
What Yoruba?. Abeg Move..
Re: Are The Yorubas The Wisest in terms of Adages/proverbs And Wise-sayings? by halmeyd(m): 3:18pm On Jun 30, 2014
I cnt say o bt yoruba proverbs are always full of wisdom nd deep thoughts,sumtyms funny nd hilarios,lyk d 1 i heard on radio lagos sumtymz ago.....Égun to fe towò bo ewa gbigbona,esu fè s'ara orun niyen( masquerade dat wnts to deep his hand into a hot beanz is about to be influenced by satanic-spell),,iyabo n'fe babatunde,babatunde n'fe iyabo,ara orùn ni n'fe ara orun (iyabo is datin babatunde,babatunde is dating iyabo,it's only an heavenly body dat can dat an heavenly body)

1 Like

Re: Are The Yorubas The Wisest in terms of Adages/proverbs And Wise-sayings? by fittoux: 3:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ceasar1: What Yoruba?. Abeg Move..
-Efi ti kesari fun kesari_give to CEASAR what belong to CEASAR
-Opo alangba lo da inu dele,ako mo eyi ti inu nru_all lizards lie on their tommy,how can we figure out one with a stomach upset..
Re: Are The Yorubas The Wisest in terms of Adages/proverbs And Wise-sayings? by fittoux: 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2014
-Ogbon ologbon kii je ki a pe agba ni were_other people's wisdom saves the elder from being called a fool(learn from other's experience)
-Ere ti aja fi ogun odun sa,irin faaji ni fun esin_a race ran by dog for 20yrs is just a pleasure ride for the horse(not who start 1st,it's who finish 1st)
-Bi oloko nla ba ti do aya eni,se ni a maa fisile fun_when a man with bigger manhood Bleep ones wife,one have to let go(dnt cling).....i'll update when i remember others

1 Like

Re: Are The Yorubas The Wisest in terms of Adages/proverbs And Wise-sayings? by fittoux: 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
-Oku kii farapamo fun eni ti o maa sin i_the dead cant hide/cover its body from whoever will bury it
-Bi igi ba wo lu igi,eyi ti o wa loke ni akoko maa n ge_when tree fall on another tree,we cut 1st the one on top(one step at a time)
-Bi erin ba je ti ko ba yo igbe ni oju ma a ti_when the elephant eat but not to satisfaction,the bush around it takes the shame
-Bi oju ko ba ti ole,oju a ti ara ile re_if the thief is not ashame of being a thief,his relatives should be ashame of relating to a thief
-Oko ni obirin le bu loju ale re,ko le bu ale loju oko re_a married woman can only insult her husband when she's with her paramour,she cant insult her paramour when she's with her hubby....
Re: Are The Yorubas The Wisest in terms of Adages/proverbs And Wise-sayings? by fittoux: 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
-Igbin nikan ni re ajo pelu ile re_only the snail journey with its house(oga lanlord make u no 4get)
-Ona lo jin eru ni baba_the slave might be from afar,he sure have a father
-Eni ti ko gbon ni ebi awe maa n pa_it's the less clever that fast and complain of hunger
-Obi ti o fi arapamo ni o maa n gbo_only the kolanut that hide itself reach full maturity
-A ki wi fi omode pe ko maa se obo regbede,to ba ti le hu irun ti a ka_no one warn a young girl against having a big punny provided she can grow enough hair to cover it.....yoruba!
Re: Are The Yorubas The Wisest in terms of Adages/proverbs And Wise-sayings? by fittoux: 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2014
-Bi omode ba ni aso bi agba,ko le ni akisa bi agba_the young might have as much clothes but not enough rags as the elders(inteligence vs experience)
-Obe ti baale ile kii je,iyale ile kii se_a meal that the head of the family dislike the wife doesnot cook
-Alagemo ti o n tele jeje iku maa n pa ka ma so ti opolo ti o maa n jan ara re mole_the gentle walking camelion dies not to talk of the frog that hop and hit self on the ground
-Alaboyun osu mesan kan le gbiyanju ni,ko le ri obo idi re_a nine months old pregnant woman can only try,she can never see her punny....
more after the match
Re: Are The Yorubas The Wisest in terms of Adages/proverbs And Wise-sayings? by tpiadotcom: 1:16am On Jul 19, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Ndi Be Anyi, dem-people Na-ekele Unu. / Τ̅hε̲̣̣̣̥ Real King Of Ife Is Obalufe Not Ooni / Do Nigerians Have Public Manners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.