Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (2020 Views)

Can I show her this thread?: In Love With A Young Single Mother.. / Can You Marry An Independent, Divorcee/'single mother' Nigerian Woman? / Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by dosht(f): 3:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
Re: . by 2goodbobo(m): 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2014
It is rather unfortunate that you found yourself in this situation. Dont know what part of the world you are right now but the truth
is, here in Nigeria, dating single Mother is seen like more or less a taboo in the sense that, first of all Men are afraid of the extra
luggage"child" cos they dont want to raise someone else's child and also family and peer pressure plays a big role.Most parent wont even give you a chance with their son once they know you are a single mother. Having said that, It is not a hopeless situtation for you because
their are small parcentage of men who can date and possibly marry you.

Dont lose hope. be strong and take care of your baby. look good, dress well and attend social gatherings and maybe the right man will
surface. My final advise to you is dont hate your daughter because is not his fault, what if you you died in the process of getting rid of
her? God knows why it happen. just accept it and face the situation. i have seen a couple of single moms who men are still chasing and
even want to settle down with.

2 Likes

Re: . by dosht(f): 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2014
Drop the idea of a man "fixing" things -
find a hobby that you enjoy instead. Men are not worth the bother. My colleague told me this

1 Like

Re: . by phlemzy: 3:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
U shouldn't for any reason start developing a form of hatred for ur child just because of the turn down dat comes ur way from the guys run into or friends not wanting to associate wit u. The very man dat will love u & ur child will eventually come ur way. Invest more of ur time in how you will become independent as to taking care of ur kid so dat the yet to com lover wont see u & ur lovely kid as a burden to him. U really never know what the future's got for you.keep a positive mind!
Re: . by temhab(f): 3:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
Don't
be tempted to have your new boyfriend take on
any parenting roles until it seems reasonable. What
do I mean? For example, it would be weird to have
him pick your child up from practice until he's a
regular fixture in your life. And don't even think
about having him discipline your children. Your
kids will resent it and may even end up holding a
grudge against him.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
You should know, this is Africa. Your Single motherly wedlock-ish status scares the shit_ out of men because they think you were once a LovePeddler. which perhaps, you ain't.

Just too things, keep the status quote of being responsible and presentable, and in No time, your status would definitely change. Amen.

1 Like

Re: . by ERCROSS(m): 4:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
i'll advice u relocate to where no one knws u ...
And if u still v a mum, i'd suggest u take ur baby to ur mum..
my piece of advice..
jst try n relocate, like start a new life..

2 Likes

Re: . by dytbabe: 4:29pm On Jun 30, 2014
Like the first time I will hear this
Single mum are sexy and very independent

Check ursef oooo

Talkin abt no one wants to mingle with u, no frnds wanna hang out
Are u sure u not a bad person?

My own thoughts oo

Well NL will bring u cool frnds
I dey volunteer o, if u need anyone talk to, I am married with a son and still young and very sexy *at least I know that*
grin grin
Re: . by publicenemy(m): 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
dosht: I Hate Being a Single Mother
I have been alone ever since I found out I
was pregnant with my daughter at 20. I
have never been married and have no
other children . I thought things were
going to be ok because i am in my early 20s
I have experienced rejection like I never
thought was possible . I only recently
started dating again , and no one wants to
go out with me because I have a child .

I never thought that being a single mother
would make me that undesirable. I don ' t
need a man for financial support for my
daughter, I am ok parenting her
alone . ..but no one wants to go out with
me .
If I thought that my life would be
destroyed by this , I may have chosen
abortion.. b/ c what good am I as a mother
if I am miserable all the time? I used to
be ok being single, but in my age group ,
no married mothers want anything to do
with me .. .they associate with other
married mothers. I have invited these
women to lunch and they always find a
reason to decline . My single girlfriends
don ' t call me for anything because I
always have to make arrangements for a
sitter .
The one guy I have been seeing has made
it clear that we can date , but to never
expect anything permanent with him
because he didn ' t want to raise someone
else ' s child . I find myself still seeing this
person because I am so miserable from
being alone all of the time, that it ' s my
only outlet to get out of the house and
have an adult conversation or enjoyment .
I never , ever in my wildest dreams
believed it could be this bad. It' s making
me resent my child .. .and she has done
nothing wrong.
NO INSULT PLS
Re: . by shelter4luving(f): 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
@op. to me any man who does not want your daughter is not good enough for you. your child should be your number one priority then other guys or men follows.
secondly, you need to change your sense of reasoning. stop believing nobody want you. you are a strong woman and any reasonable man would want to marry you. keep working on yourself and dont fail to pray. Its only God that gives any perfect and beautiful gift. Its well with u

2 Likes

Re: . by succyreal(m): 11:44pm On Jun 30, 2014
your story sound so sympathetic, i have d perfect solution for u. call or whatsApp this number
Re: . by dosht(f): 10:31am On Jul 01, 2014
I appreciate all ur comments. Thank u all
Re: . by dytbabe: 10:40am On Jul 01, 2014
dosht: I appreciate all ur comments. Thank u all

Don't call that dude above u ooo
Na leech him be
grin grin grin
Trust me, we know them when we sight one

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 01, 2014
I really wouldn't like to sound harsh or judgmental but c'mon young lady, thinking you probably should have aborted you 'bundle of joy' says a lot about the kind of parent you are at the moment. For starters, you are acting rather selfish because if you believe you are lonely when you have a child, it only suggests that the child is pretty much abandoned.

Most parent are most often too busy taken care of their children that they don't even have the time to think about being lonely. I do appreciate the fact that for those of us who look forward to marriage, we some times tend to feel lonely but seeing your child as an obstacle rather than the joy of your life right now is the very height of insensitivity.

I am an African and a typical one at that but I have no bias for or against single parents. Heck, I can marry one if I so believe I and the lady are compatible. There are a lot of guys who won't mind getting married to single mums. So young lady, put yourself together and be a good mum to your child. You can't be a good mum if you allow sadness rule you; and please leave your present bf...its obvious that both of you have no future together.

3 Likes

Re: . by lirusehn(m): 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
touching.
Re: . by gsalvatore: 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
I Have seen Hot single mothers.

No offense, How sharp are you?

Marrying single mothers or ladies that already had a kid is the new vogue in some places.

My cousin made a mistake and got preg during her WAEC period, she gave birth to a girl...after a little family issue with the retard that got her pregnant, she is married now with two kids for the new man.

Some men will say...you are tested and trusted. Good number will go for tested and trusted.

Stop blaming your kid, if you still sharp/hot after you gave birth to her men will come IMO.

1 Like

Re: . by austine4real(m): 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
its ok dear, live goes on, it seems u are sufferin 4rm low self esteem........try make friends wt ppl wt positive minds ssoooorry abot dat ti well

1 Like

Re: . by preizton(m): 5:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
@op. Give me a call 08108788817 let me put smile on ur face.
Re: . by FLAWLES(f): 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
Being a single mother s no biggy(your child want a mistake,maybe u er)besides self na em de reign>#BABYMAMA#
Re: . by davades(m): 10:31am On Jun 02, 2015
FLAWLES:
Being a single mother s no biggy(your child want a mistake,maybe u er)besides self na em de reign>#BABYMAMA#

You still single?
Re: . by Kazrem(m): 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
There is no problem/hindrance in the world buy the one you created by yourself in your own imagination.
Being a single mother isn't a problem unless you see it as a problem. There are still many responsible men out there that care less about having a baby and there innumerable men that what they want is a single mother.
Make yourself presentable and always say the truth to any wooers.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Convince Her That I Love Her? / He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will / 10 Qualities Of A Real Man In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.