Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits (84539 Views)

Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Methylated Spirit To Aid Beard Growth?? / Ways You Can Get An STD Without Being Intimate / Have You Had Severe Side Effects From Camoquin (pfizer)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Ishilove: 7:26am On Jul 01, 2014
Doc. Adray:
I don't use intimate washes!

It is only essential that one 'cleans' her vagina, a couple of times a day, with warm water only (no need for soap), because the vagina is already 'self-cleansing' with the presence of its own micro-flora (and fauna), which need not to be destabilized by the use of soap...
So even the mildest soaps are not needed for washing? Will just mere water just be enough? embarassed
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 01, 2014
Very bad indeed!
Used some before,ended up regretting it.Douching also is a very very bad thing.Can push infection way up your womb.Apart from water and Baby wipes,I use nothing down there.Talk about having your punny smell like a newly born wink wink
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Yoney007(f): 7:35am On Jul 01, 2014
nanalady: I use just soap nd water.

Soap isn't even advised
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 01, 2014
lynpetra: Very bad indeed!
Used some before,ended up regretting it.Douching also is a very very bad thing.Can push infection way up your womb.Apart from water and Baby wipes,I use nothing down there.Talk about having your punny smell like a newly born wink wink

Naaaah, this can't be true shocked

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Yoney007(f): 7:36am On Jul 01, 2014
Remember buying one way back in school....Thank God for the eye-opening I got early. #TeamWater
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Yoney007(f): 7:36am On Jul 01, 2014
San Miguel:

Obviously you ain't a lady....Its true!!!

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 01, 2014
Yoney007:

Obviously you ain't a lady....Its true!!!

*faints*

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by mencade5(m): 7:44am On Jul 01, 2014
lynpetra: Very bad indeed!
lipsrsealed
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 01, 2014
San Miguel:

O yeah it is. smiley
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by DocAdray(f): 7:46am On Jul 01, 2014
Ishilove:
So even the mildest soaps are not needed for washing? Will just mere water just be enough? embarassed

Yes, mere water will just be enough.
If odour arises, it could be due to infections which can be taken care of by certain antibiotics (administered through tablets, injections, suppositories, etc)

...and not by washing the 'V' with any kinda soap whatsoever!

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 01, 2014
mencade5: lipsrsealed

I hope say stinginess go allow u buy ur babes 500 naira baby wipes tongue cheesy .Aka glue

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 01, 2014
Yoney007:

Soap isn't even advised

I agree.Been adviced by a very good gyneo not to even wash inside the vgay with soap and water.He stressed that some very vital bacterias get washed off!The idea of pushing fingers in during washing ain't healthy
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 01, 2014
lynpetra:

O yeah it is. smiley

I believe you grin

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Ishilove: 7:51am On Jul 01, 2014
Doc. Adray:

Yes, mere water will just be enough.
If odour arises, it could be due to infections which can be taken care of by certain antibiotics (administered through tablets, injections, suppositories, etc)

...and not by washing the 'V' with any kinda soap whatsoever!
Hm, okay I will try it because I have been brought up to believe that soap must be used down there, odour or no odour.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Dannylux: 7:52am On Jul 01, 2014
lynpetra:

I agree.Being adviced by a very good gyneo not to even wash inside the vgay with soap and water.He stressed that some very vital bacterias get washed off!
lol are there important microbes in the female genital? This is serious

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 01, 2014
Dannylux:
lol are there important microbes in the female genital? This is serious

Yea there is.
Long time Dannylux! cheesy
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 01, 2014
Ishilove:
Hm, okay I will try it because I have been brought up to believe that soap must be used down there, odour or no odour.

http://www.wikihow.com/Wash-Your-Vagina

1:Lather up a washcloth with some mild natural soap and water. Avoid using soaps with heavy perfumes, which may irritate the sensitive skin around your tomato.

Abeg don't mind them ooo.. Keep on using your soap. In fact with that Naija weather and the sweat wey dey come with am, you go need more than soap to make that una something smell good grin grin
Na joke i dey o...

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Yoney007(f): 8:01am On Jul 01, 2014
lynpetra:

I agree.Been adviced by a very good gyneo not to even wash inside the vgay with soap and water.He stressed that some very vital bacterias get washed off!The idea of pushing fingers in during washing ain't healthy

Pushing fingers in to washing is totally acceptable....When you do that you see what is scoop out is dirt. But wait....why do you say its "unhealthy"?
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 01, 2014
Yoney007:

Pushing fingers in to washing is totally acceptable....When you do that you see what is scoop out is dirt. But wait....why do you say its "unhealthy"?

I think that is what is termed as douching. It is supposedly unhealthy as it wipes away the healthy bacteria in the vaginaaa. Douching produces disgusting and horrible health implications. I suggest you speak to a gynaecologist for further information. Apparently the vaginaaa is also self cleansing so humans need not bother with scrubbing inside.

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Dannylux: 8:33am On Jul 01, 2014
lynpetra:

Yea there is.
Long time Dannylux! cheesy
It's been awful long. Hope you're good?

Still on the same vein, these seemingly innocuous micro flora and fauna could get harmful when translocated from their usual locations. Inasmuch as they are not posing any danger at the moment, they could get dangerous when there is weakness in the immune system owing to stress or some other causes. I don't think it'd be wise to actually breed (leave them undisturbed) them.

They are potential parasites waiting to parasitize on you when the immune system keeping them in check is destablized.

It's just like your mouth. The flora in the teeth are innocuous but get parasitic when dislocated to another site. Hence, the need for you to brush, floss and wash your mouth regularly to manually reduce their population. The same applies for the microbes down there.

2 Likes

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by UcLloyd: 8:34am On Jul 01, 2014
Liars! Majority of u females saying u don't use cuz ur clean down there are lying jor! How about I do the verification? Who's 1st? grin

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by UjSizzle(f): 9:10am On Jul 01, 2014
I've always been a soap and water person, but I did try Femfresh once and it didn't suit me. Those things have a way of altering the Ph level of your privates, disrupting the growth of healthy bacterias, and thereby promoting the growth of unhealthy ones. Just stick with mild toilet soap and warm water, eat healthy, drink lots of water, and you'll be good.

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by UjSizzle(f): 9:11am On Jul 01, 2014
Dannylux:
It's been awful long. Hope you're good?

Still on the same vein, these seemingly innocuous micro flora and fauna could get harmful when translocated from their usual locations. Inasmuch as they are not posing any danger at the moment, they could get dangerous when there is weakness in the immune system owing to stress or some other causes. I don't think it'd be wise to actually breed (leave them undisturbed) them.

They are potential parasites waiting to parasitize on you when the immune system keeping them in check is destablized.

It's just like your mouth. The flora in the teeth are innocuous but get parasitic when dislocated to another site. Hence, the need for you to brush, floss and wash your mouth regularly to manually reduce their population. The same applies for the microbes down there.
What about those microbes with symbiotic relationship? Flush them out too
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Yoney007(f): 9:15am On Jul 01, 2014
datalossvictim1:

I think that is what is termed as douching. It is supposedly unhealthy as it wipes away the healthy bacteria in the vaginaaa. Douching produces disgusting and horrible health implications. I suggest you speak to a gynaecologist for further information. Apparently the vaginaaa is also self cleansing so humans need not bother with scrubbing inside.

I really need to speak to a gyna....Thanks.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 01, 2014
Ishilove:

yes just water is enough. Vagina itself is self cleansing.
Don't you wonder how come it becomes fresh and neat after menstruation.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by NewsINigeria(m): 9:29am On Jul 01, 2014
I Know this

Kaffy’s husband sends loving and raunchy message to her as she turns a year older >>>> http://www..com/kaffys-husband/
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by kaima1984(f): 9:31am On Jul 01, 2014
I use summer eve,I can't do without it,am 100% covered,I dnt like perceiving an unpleasant odor frm my pussy,SUMMER EVE is d best

2 Likes

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Dannylux: 9:36am On Jul 01, 2014
uj_sizzle:
What about those microbes with symbiotic relationship? Flush them out too

Not exactly. Some of the microbes in the mouth and genitals exhibit symbiotic association naturally but there is need to keep their population in check. That calls for the need to wash it regularly. Of course, it's practically impossible to totally terminate the population of microbes down there because there millions of them but what I'm emphasizing is the need to reduce the quantity.

It is important to manually reduce it in case they should turn from being innocuous to harmful owing to biochemical changes. In case something like that should happen, you'd have lesser friends- turned-enemies to fight.

People who suffer oral plaques is due to over-accummulation of mouth normal flora which used to be innocuous. Same thing applies for the V.

The washing is simply to control its population, not to exterminate them.

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Ishilove: 9:40am On Jul 01, 2014
softsparky:

yes just water is enough. Vagina itself is self cleansing.
Don't you wonder how come it becomes fresh and neat after menstruation.
Actually I noticed but it has never clicked until now cheesy
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Ishilove: 9:44am On Jul 01, 2014
San Miguel:

http://www.wikihow.com/Wash-Your-Vagina

1:Lather up a washcloth with some mild natural soap and water. Avoid using soaps with heavy perfumes, which may irritate the sensitive skin around your tomato.

Abeg don't mind them ooo.. Keep on using your soap. In fact with that Naija weather and the sweat wey dey come with am, you go need more than soap to make that una something smell good grin grin
Na joke i dey o...
Mscheeeew angry embarassed
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by NewsINigeria(m): 9:49am On Jul 01, 2014
SEE What We Are Doing To Christianity Today >>> http://www..com/what-we-are-doing-to-christianity-today/
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Ishilove: 9:55am On Jul 01, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Ha, lailai o. Mba, I no go gree that one o. Haba! I am still trying to cope with thought of using mere water, and now you're saying we shouldn't even use our fingers to scrub?? embarassed

I no gree o. We must use the fingers to scrub all 'scrubbables'. Get rid of all the orishirishi that might have accumulated during the course of the day. That is the healthy thing to do. Don't mind all these oversabi doctors. Most are men who don't have vagginas, therefore cannot fully comprehend our situation. angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) / Coronavirus: China Accuses US Army Of Bringing Virus To Wuhan, Sparks Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.