Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,681 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

HELP!!! Noise From Alternator Area Of 2007 Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP!!! Noise From Alternator Area Of 2007 Camry (3574 Views)

How To Diagnose Alternator Problems / Pimping My 2007 Camry SE! / Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! Noise From Alternator Area Of 2007 Camry by dinyelutochukwu: 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
I recently noticed noise from the alternator area of my 2007 camry, I took it to a mechanic for troubleshooting, but the mechanic was just guessing wether it could be the alternator bearing or timing belt tensioner.. I just can't gamble...
Pls, I'm counting on the house to bail me out here..
Re: HELP!!! Noise From Alternator Area Of 2007 Camry by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
dinyelutochukwu: I recently noticed noise from the alternator area of my 2007 camry, I took it to a mechanic for troubleshooting, but the mechanic was just guessing wether it could be the alternator bearing or timing belt tensioner.. I just can't gamble...
Pls, I'm counting on the house to bail me out here..

Have the serpentine belt removed by hand you can now check all rollable parts to find out if its from there.

More car tips here https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars-quick-response#24358753
Re: HELP!!! Noise From Alternator Area Of 2007 Camry by dinyelutochukwu: 11:10pm On Jun 30, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Have the serpentine belt removed by hand you can now check all rollable parts to find out if its from there.

More car tips here https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars-quick-response#24358753

GAZZUZZ, thanks for the response, a mechanic suggested that to me earlier today, but I was kind of sceptical cos I was expecting him to be able to mention the fault..

The reference thread was insightful but I couldn't find anything relating to my current challenge.
Re: HELP!!! Noise From Alternator Area Of 2007 Camry by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:10am On Jul 01, 2014
Updated

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Noise From Alternator Area Of 2007 Camry by sultaan(m): 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
With the engine running spray some water on each pulley if the sound change then that pulley is the one making noise

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rolls-royce, Ferrari, Lamborghini Abandoned In Lagos / Solution To Honda Babyboy Gear Problem. / Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.