Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths (12204 Views)

Stop Sending Your Deportees To Nigeria – ​FG Warns ECOWAS Member States / FG Warns Buhari Against Running Parallel Government / FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by rhazur(m): 5:11am On Jul 01, 2014
THE Federal Government has accused some youths in the country of encouraging terrorist activities on social media.
In a statement posted on Twitter, the Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, said the government was aware that some young Nigerians were on the verge of becoming “broadcast agents” of the violent Islamic sect known as the Boko Haram.
Obanikoro urged the youths not to sensationalise acts of evil and terror committed by the sect against harmless citizens on social media.
The minister warned that posting pictures and stories of terrorist attacks on social media would not only instil fear in the minds of the people but encourage extremists to continue to unleash terror on the society.
Describing the rise in suicide bombings by suspected members of the Boko Haram sect as an act of cowardice, Obanikoro said that Nigerians must be ready to join hands with the FG to check terrorism in the country.
He said, “The more you think about a threat or talk about it, the more worried you and the people around you will become. Don’t spread gory stories in the news and on the Internet. Terrorists love it when we sensationalise their acts of cowardice.
“We must not succumb to fear. Terrorism is the art of provoking terror and paranoia after every attack motivates terrorists. Be informed, yes, but don’t become a broadcast agent for alarmism, speculation, uncertainty and the grotesque. Citizens, world over, support their governments to fight terrorists. Nigerian citizens must not be an exception,” he said.
Obanikoro told the youth not to expect “quick results” from government in the ongoing war against terrorism.

Source: www.punchng.com/i-punch/stop-promoting-bharam-attacks-online-fg-warns-youths/

11 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 01, 2014
When they are destroying lives everyday this is what he has to say... sad

16 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by Macelliot(m): 5:23am On Jul 01, 2014
Then FG should stop sponsoring boko haram with their corruption...

41 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 01, 2014
Macelliot: Then FG should stop sponsoring boko haram with their corruption...
How do you know bout that? stop posting to what you do not know bout sir, the FG are doing their best to solve these conflict not every part of the FG has to do with the terrorist sect.

16 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by OmegaTise: 5:40am On Jul 01, 2014
"The minister warned that posting pictures and stories of terrorist attacks on social media would not only instil fear in the minds of the people but encourage extremists to continue to unleash terror on the society."

What? It's the fact that innocent people are suffering which is the reason people post up pictures, videos, and stories. I would urge the "minister" to stop the terrorist attacks from occurring if he wants people to stop showing the rest of the world what's happening over there. Also us refraining from spreading news of these tragic events won't stop them from harming the innocent just like hashtags won't bring back your girls.

“The more you think about a threat or talk about it, the more worried you and the people around you will become. Don’t spread gory stories in the news and on the Internet. Terrorists love it when we sensationalise their acts of cowardice."

This is stupidity. He's pretty much saying don't let anyone know what's going on. Just go about you're daily lives. That's cool until you become the next victim. Me thinks Nigeria should think about replacing this "minister". For all anyone knows he just might be part of Boko haram.

27 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by GabrielSuswam(m): 5:49am On Jul 01, 2014
True

4 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by Omexonomy: 5:52am On Jul 01, 2014
i hope you are not one of them

7 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by Omexonomy: 5:52am On Jul 01, 2014
i hope you are not one of them. Nairaland comes to mind
Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by Omexonomy: 5:53am On Jul 01, 2014
Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by Meestique: 5:58am On Jul 01, 2014
FG has always been the best when it comes to accusing nd pointing fingers. The minister can as well warn all the tv stations, radio stations nd newspaper houses to stop disseminating such news so dat only his family are informed of wat's happening while we remain unaware of the terror.. Isn't it better being a broadcast agent than a sponsor? Nonsense..!

23 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by jayseehe(m): 6:00am On Jul 01, 2014
So what do they want us to do? We shouldn't say anything if Boko Haram attacks again, we should keep shut as if nothing happened Stewpid FG!!!

10 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by estyvino(m): 6:03am On Jul 01, 2014
In as much that successive government have failed and now, I enjoin with the idea not to post such eye saw picture(viewer discretion adviced).
Not only does it promote bh(small letter) activities but also encourages zero regard for human life, thereby encouraging violence. Even on FB, if any of my friends keep pasting nasty pics on the wall, I will just block yu!
God help Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by Afrocatalyst: 6:29am On Jul 01, 2014
I support the FG on this cos it makes them want to do more. Bt how do we know places that have been attacked? It's a dicy situation. It has always been since the advent of internet.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by ojimbo(m): 6:48am On Jul 01, 2014
NORTHERN NIGERIA IS HELPING BOKO HARAM, thats what my hausa friend in lagos told me

10 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by kstyle2(m): 6:55am On Jul 01, 2014
With no attacks, they would be no promo

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by justi4jesu(f): 6:55am On Jul 01, 2014
Is this a joke or what undecided

2 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by sammieguze(m): 6:56am On Jul 01, 2014
Hahahahahahahahaha indeed. What message did he have for the sponsors
Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by hapiness44(f): 6:58am On Jul 01, 2014
Is this why nairaland was hacked?....just sayin ooo

3 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by otokx(m): 6:58am On Jul 01, 2014
They will always find an excuse for non performance.

8 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by DEngineer(m): 7:00am On Jul 01, 2014
A very confused government. Always seeking for the quickest way out.

Nigeria is a big joke.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by chelseabmw(m): 7:00am On Jul 01, 2014
FG stop deceiving us in reality..... where are our missing girls?

Do the needful and stop involving yourselves in unnecessary issues angry

3 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 7:01am On Jul 01, 2014
APC e-maggot slaves; You have been warned.

8 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by BrAkingNews: 7:02am On Jul 01, 2014
ok
Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 01, 2014
Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 01, 2014
okay
Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by buoye1(m): 7:04am On Jul 01, 2014
OK....
Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:06am On Jul 01, 2014
Apc guys here are taking bokoharam campaign to the next level. some even praise them and insult the Nigerian army. some thing like news filtration should been encouraged and pictures and videos should be reduced

4 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by benswagtt(m): 7:06am On Jul 01, 2014
You guys shud knw dat security task is 1 of d hardest task... All d 4c men risk dia life jst 4 d safety of all of us... (rememba dey hav love 1s like u nd i)when you appreciate sum1 4 doin sumtyn. D pesin wil try 2 do more let im dat tinkz he knws d job well, trow d 1st stone

4 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by paulworld(m): 7:07am On Jul 01, 2014
How sure are we that, the attack on nairaland does not have anything to do with this. Probably
what he is doing is to warm other forum admins

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:07am On Jul 01, 2014
Why do we always chase shadows in this country?

Super Eagles lost, Keshi blamed Enyama!

immigration recruitment stampede, applicants were blamed.

now social media and it's young users are now to be blamed for the failure of the Nigerian government to protect us,which by the way is the government's primary responsibility.

It's high time we started taking responsibility for our various actions and inactions if we are to make an progress in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting B’haram Attacks Online, FG Warns Youths by Cecediva(f): 7:08am On Jul 01, 2014
There are alot of them on nairaland

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Candidate, Obaze Casts His Vote (Photos) / Bukola Saraki: Sexual & Gender-Based Violence; Rising From This Low Point / Ayade’s Aide, Freeman Godwin Threatens Suicide Over Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.