Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

CBN To Commence Nation-wide Cashless Policy On July 1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN To Commence Nation-wide Cashless Policy On July 1 (601 Views)

FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide / EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves / N5,000 Will Strengthen The Cashless Policy – CBN Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN To Commence Nation-wide Cashless Policy On July 1 by oskaaay(m): 5:22am On Jul 01, 2014
The Central Bank of Nigeria has put in place modalities to introduce the cashless policy 30 states of the federation having completed phases 1 and 2 of the policy in six pilot states- Abia, Anambra, Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Rivers- and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

The CBN, in a notice by its Corporate Affairs Department to all stakeholders and the general public, said Phase 3 of the policy’s implementation would commence in the remaining 30 States of the Federation on July 1 as scheduled.

The apex bank also said it has mapped out modalities to ensure the cashless policy succeeds in other parts of the state as it did in the pilot states.

The Head, Shared Services at the Central Bank, Mr Chidi Umeano, who was a guest on Channels Television’s daily business programme, Business Morning, said the apex bank is doing all it can to deploy the needed infrastructure to support the policy.

According to him, the one year waiver of charges on withdrawals is one measure to give time for the infrastructure to be put in place.

He says the Central Bank has carried its sensitisation campaign to the rural communities and is still doing more to sensitise Nigerians.

The CEO, Cowry Assets Management Ltd, Mr Johnson Chukwu, who was also a contributor on the programme, said the cashless policy has benefited the economy in so many ways but urged the Central Bank to do more towards putting all that is needed in place to ensure its efficiency and success.
Sourced from http://www.channelstv.com/2014/06/30/cbn-to-commence-nation-wide-cashless-policy/

Are you prepared as a Nigerian?
Re: CBN To Commence Nation-wide Cashless Policy On July 1 by Afrocatalyst: 6:24am On Jul 01, 2014
Yes,I am prepared. Bt we'll still carry cash anyway cos if we wan buy pepper for market or gala and lacasera for traffic,how we go do am? Shey dey go give us POS machine?

1 Like

Re: CBN To Commence Nation-wide Cashless Policy On July 1 by shikshark: 9:45am On Jul 01, 2014
trust me.......this casless policy cannot work in oyo state
Re: CBN To Commence Nation-wide Cashless Policy On July 1 by oskaaay(m): 10:43am On Jul 01, 2014
shikshark: trust me.......this casless policy cannot work in oyo state

Chai....oga please light up the reasons so we can compare and contrast some with those places that it is now working ooooooo
Re: CBN To Commence Nation-wide Cashless Policy On July 1 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
They want to do cashless policy abi? Yet when you make an online transfer they charge you almost N120. undecided

So what will I benefit from registering for online banking, getting my password, paying for hardware/software token etc if at the end I'm still going to charged every time I make an online transaction

Nonsense people with nonsense policies.
Re: CBN To Commence Nation-wide Cashless Policy On July 1 by oskaaay(m): 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2014
Ujujoan: They want to do cashless policy abi? Yet when you make an online transfer they charge you almost N120. undecided

So what will I benefit from registering for online banking, getting my password, paying for hardware/software token etc if at the end I'm still going to charged every time I make an online transaction

Nonsense people with nonsense policies.

hmmmm...that is the trick on every transfer through current account to other banks oooooooo

(1) (Reply)

Shekarau, Adeyeye, Two Others Confirmed As Ministers / ‎​How Officials Steal Lagos Local Government Dry (part 2) / How Ex-governor Peter Obi Lost Bid To Become Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.