Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,392 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey (18088 Views)

The Importance Of Studying The Word Of God (the Bible) / Muslims Proving Islam Is God's True Religion By Seeking The Bible: / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 8:40am On Oct 23, 2014
I have learnt many things since I began this spiritual journey of seeking God, precious lessons and values that have helped me continue steadfastly in God so that I can boldly say seeking God is the best thing that has happened to my spiritual life.

However, there is one particular lesson of note about seeking God I have also come to learn through personal experience, and it is the fact that seeking God does not immune us from stumbling or falling.

Sometimes one loses focus of the journey being enticed by vain side attractions, and sometimes one falls (into temptation). As a result, some folks quit seeking God because, in their understanding, being gulty of either has automatically disqualified them from the journey.

On the contrary, our stumbling or falling or losing focus do not mark the end of our spiritual journey of seeking God. They do not and can never disqualify us from knowing God personally.

If anything, they are among the many difficulties and challenges we MUST encounter in our search for God. What is most important is that we never stay that way, we recognise and admit our wrongs and weaknesses, and continue our journey as though it were never interrupted. That is victory...that is seeking God faithfully.

For those seeking, those yet to seek, and those who may have stopped seeking for the same or similar reason, I hope you find this piece of writing quite useful.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 9:27am On Oct 23, 2014
WEEKLY UPDATE

Should I rightly call it that seeing it has been quite long since I made any updates?

Well, at least, I plan to be consistent with the weekly updates barring some circumstances. Besides, I prefer the weekly updates to any other timeframe.

So, yea, God seems to be a Master of silence, a very great contrast to the God whose voice dominated the entire Bible. Hmm. Will keep on till I know Him like Abraham, Samuel, David, Isaiah, Peter and many others did.

Another thing, I've incorporated Biblical meditation into my daily Listening Prayer. This is not to 'enhance' my spiritual perception of the voice of God but because it suits my circumstances quite well.

In seeking God, you can decide either to be consistent with Biblical meditation or plain listening prayer. None, I repeat, none is better than the other. The key to success in seeking God is CONSISTENCY.

Lately, I've been having problems with discipline, another important factor in seeking God. I have made decisions to help me return to maintaining discipline in my prayer life. Will see how it turns out this week and next. I'm very positive about it since it will not be the first of its kind.

Only God knows the appointed day of my journey's fulfilment. Till then, I pray He continually supplies me the grace to end this journey successfully because better is the end of a thing than its beginning.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Busybody2(f): 6:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
Woah, congrats Torchwave, you did it. God's promises are sure forever!!!

*Proverbs 8:17 - I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me.

*Deutoronomy 4:29 - But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.

*Jeremiah 29:13 - You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

*1 Chronicles 28:9 ...for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

*1 Chronicles 16:11 - Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!

Blessed are thou, Torchwave smiley

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 06, 2015
Thanks @Torchwave just like Paul.. *[[Phi 3:10]] KJV* That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
I have same passion Bro but the message of today is choking my Spirit..

I pray our hunger and taste is satisfied!
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 9:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
Saintlawr, that I'm sure as sure can be. He will grant the desires of the righteous. I am certain of that so I keep seeking till I find.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by bluish(f): 6:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
Gud day torchwave,Its been a long while u posted ur update on your journey in seeking GOD.I hope all is well.....I understand u might be busy,but try as much as possible to update consistently( as u said) cos u can never tell who it will be a source of encouragement to.......Thanks

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 2:24am On Apr 02, 2017
bluish:
Gud day torchwave,Its been a long while u posted ur update on your journey in seeking GOD.I hope all is well.....I understand u might be busy,but try as much as possible to update consistently( as u said) cos u can never tell who it will be a source of encouragement to.......Thanks
hi we started the journey together with torchwave since 2014..
I later lost out on nairaland and just registered again.. Just checked his profile an found out its been 2 years he last logged in..

Can we continue where he stopped?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How I Listen To The Audio Bible (my Advice) / Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? / Will Your Name Be In The Book Of Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.