Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey (18055 Views)

The Importance Of Studying The Word Of God (the Bible) / Muslims Proving Islam Is God's True Religion By Seeking The Bible: / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by chibwike(m): 8:48am On Aug 17, 2014
God, God, God what more can i say. In my quest to seek God, i rise and fall only to rise again and still fall again..one important i know is that every being one earth is obliged to seek for his face..we ve got little or no option..coz he owns us..i mean..he is the air we breath for Gods sake.

God has been so merciful and faithful to me..to the extent that sometimes i wonder why he loves me that much..

My dad is late...so i decided to make God my heavenly and earthly father...i talk to him as my Lord, my God and my Daddy,. i try my best not to offend him...coz he has neva offended me before..my dear friends let me say this to our hearing..God is not a wicked God, he is merciful God that loves his children dearly.

Seeking his face for me has not been quite easy, buh its worth it..God bless the owner of this thread

2 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by UjSizzle(f): 8:56am On Aug 17, 2014
What a breathe of fresh air smiley Sure dialogue with God is possible; even when i don't particularly look for it, i hear it. I think he's favourite medium with me is slipping the words into my consciousness very early in the morning, and other times through dreams--you know the kind that makes you come alert in nano seconds. Sometimes i get clear instructions, other times it's bible passages I'm supposed to decode, and the last one was humbling, i think i cried grin
On most occasions there is this inner nudge; it's quite easier to follow that one because it feels like an I'm an extension of something else.

God is always faithful even when we become faithless...this is the joy i find in serving him.
Knowing that even while i stray in stubbornness, God quietly waits and says "don't be stubborn like a mule that needs to be controlled with a bit and bridle. The only thing you'll find there is grief and i have much more to offer if you're willing to trust me".

I'm so glad I found this thread. Having faith and letting God Lord your life is really hard, but we than Him for grace smiley

6 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by basille(m): 9:22am On Aug 17, 2014
Lmfao, why should unbelievers keep out, is that how the bible taught Christians to behave?

Op, one advice for you. In your quest to seek whatsoever don't starve yourself so you won't end up mistaking the growl of an empty stomach for the voice of God.

Who knows, one of this days, i might consider seeking the face of amadioha.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 9:37am On Aug 17, 2014
SilentPsalmist: Hey brethren.
I'm encouraged to see this thread. I'm new. Its been 7 months for me. I'm still seeking. Its been discouraging lately but I won't give.

Lead me to the desert Lord
And teach me how to thirst
That I may not be quenched
Till I follow Thee in herst

Oh let me be the bush, My Lord
Whose flame always remains
The one that You've consumed
Yet who never fades away

Your hand is laid upon me
Before and behind
I'll wrestle with Thee ever
Until your face I find

I will not be quenched
Nor will be satisfied
Till your glory pass before me
And my face, like Moses', shines

So I'll ascend Thy mountain
On the rock of Christ I'll stand
I'll plead before You boldly
I'll not leave with empty hand

Wow. Very encouraging to hear that! Please don't give up. The salvation of hundreds or thousands of souls depend on the success of your journey.

Don't be discouraged. Truth is I've also felt like giving up, on many occasions, but when I remember the numerous giants of faith past and present like Richard Foster, Joyce Hugget, Mary Ruth Swope, Bishop David Oyedepo, etc, who searched for and found God, and the fact that God has promised that those who seek Him and hunger for Him shall be satisfied, I find strength to continue the journey. It is few people that see the Face of God - people like you who will not give up in their search for God until they find Him. Keep the fire burning.

Beautiful hymn! Just right because it captures the purpose of this thread. I don't know the song but the words speak volumes. We will not tire, give up, or quit till we see God face to face.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 9:42am On Aug 17, 2014
Johnnoo: Thank God I found this thread!!!
Men & Brethren greetings to you all...
Warm greetings to you, brother. You are much welcome to the journey of journeys.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 10:10am On Aug 17, 2014
engineerd: You are not Christ like....a true christian would not ask "Unbelievers" to keep out!
You will not be the first to say that. In the previous thread that was wiped out by the nairaland 'tsunami,' someone said the same thing, and I explained my reason for the title.

The thread is for and open to those who believe communion or conversation with God is one of the many privileges of the believers made possible by the death of Christ on the cross. It was created so we can learn from each other's experiences and challenges. It is meant for those who wish to contribute their knowledge or pieces of advice that will be valuable to someone out there in encouraging him or her to persevere in seekin God or learn how to seek God.

Unbelievers, on the other hand, have the natural tendency to dispute anything related to God since they have no interests in the things of God. They will try to engage one in unnecessary arguments which are unprofitable, derail the thread, and cause the purpose of the thread to be buried under heap of arguments so that others who would have benefited from it would be unable to do so. That is not the purpose of the thread.

They are free to say anything but turn the thread into another ground for argument.

3 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Johnnoo(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2014
crusader01: This is the right place to be. I need help seeking the face of God because I feel left alone after my sinful past.

Its very simple. God our father does not reject and forsake us. We are the ones forsaking God through our sinful ways. God loves us so much that He's ever-ready to give you a 2nd chance of reciprocating His love.
Just kneel down with all sincerety & ask him for to forgive you. Make a firm commitment that you'll never go back again to sin. Then ask the God to fill you with His power (Holy Spirit).
Despise not the gathering of the children of God and never neglect your daily encounter with God.
Remain bless

3 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2014
cushycute: Am happy to find like minds here. Av always crave for God , but not always surE of how to go about it. Thanks guys for the advices.

I wanna ask; when I read my bible, sometimes do drop in my spirit, can I say its d holy spirit that talks to me?
You're welcome. Glad you found them helpful.

About the bolded, it depends on what you receive while readin the Bible. If it does not contradict the Word of God, you can be sure it is God.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 10:25am On Aug 17, 2014
iceberylin: if its not jehovahs witnessis teachings am out :p
Jehovah Witnesses don't believe God talks personally to people today. I'm neither a Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Methodist, Lutherian, Catholic, or Wesleyan; I'm a Christian seeking a personal relationship with my Father.

3 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Johnnoo(m): 10:28am On Aug 17, 2014
UjSizzle: What a breathe of fresh air smiley Sure dialogue with God is possible; even when i don't particularly look for it, i hear it. I think he's favourite medium with me is slipping the words into my consciousness very early in the morning, and other times through dreams--you know the kind that makes you come alert in nano seconds. Sometimes i get clear instructions, other times it's bible passages I'm supposed to decode, and the last one was humbling, i think i cried grin
On most occasions there is this inner nudge; it's quite easier to follow that one because it feels like an I'm an extension of something else.

God is always faithful even when we become faithless...this is the joy i find in serving him.
Knowing that even while i stray in stubbornness, God quietly waits and says "don't be stubborn like a mule that needs to be controlled with a bit and bridle. The only thing you'll find there is grief and i have much more to offer if you're willing to trust me".

I'm so glad I found this thread. Having faith and letting God Lord your life is really hard, but we than Him for grace smiley
Thanks Sis!!! I'll never run again from God. My last incident was very humiliting. God really thought me some hard lessons I'll never forget all the days of my life. Thanks so much
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 10:59am On Aug 17, 2014
Atk1nson:
pls can u tell me what it took to start this journey and what it takes to sustain it. My email is rakintade@gmail.com, thanks and God bless
When I began this journey in January, my fuel was and still is simple, childlike faith. It is what it took to start, as well as what keeps me in the journey to know God besides the request for His grace to keep me consistent till I find Him. Faith is the first and most important requirement in seeking God - But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6).

You can also learn from reading spiritual books regarding seeking God such as How To Be Led By The Spirit by Kenneth Hagin, Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster, Good Morning Holy Spirit by Benny Hinn, Listening Prayer by Mary Ruth Swope. You will do well to get any of them, especially Richard Foster's, if you want to learn more about seeking God.

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by uzoexcel(m): 11:04am On Aug 17, 2014
If u tell 'em to open a reesearch group on nairaland to discuss health implications of ebola and how the youths in bio related course can do a research independently and bring forth ideas on trying to curb this menace, u wont see any of them there....when u finish pray so that the 'white people who are non xtians and infidels' would develop a cure and bring it to us free of charge
basille: Lmfao, why should unbelievers keep out, is that how the bible taught Christians to behave?

Op, one advice for you. In your quest to seek whatsoever don't starve yourself so you won't end up mistaking the growl of an empty stomach for the voice of God.

Who knows, one of this days, i might consider seeking the face of amadioha.

2 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 17, 2014
I love dis. Pls I really nid pple to help me in my spirirtual lyf, was very active in prayer and fasting bt since I married is very hard for me to pray@night nor to fast. I really luv communication wuth God am a living witness even my hubby was revealed to me 2 yrs before we married. I dnt know him nor have I seen him before bt God told me whom to marry and also did the same to him. This made us to immediately get married as we met. But now brethren to pray and have quite tym something I DESIRE with all my lyf is now difficult. Pls pray for me. Even if it means giving out my number so that some1 can always wake me up at nyt and we pray together offline at a particular tym I will appreciate it. Maybe torchwave u can plan towards dis if we can be upto 10pple to set aouselves apart to pray and fast I will lyk it.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by damianberry(m): 11:28am On Aug 17, 2014
Am so glad to be here and what a wonderful place to be. Remember brethren,the journey is not for the swift and not for the strong but to those who hold on to the cross of salvation and ask Jesus Christ to see him/her through. Jesus Christ do speak to those who diligently seeks HIM...in fact,I never see a voice so sweet like the voice of our beloved God in my life....I pray you all have encounter with hearing from God directly (Amen)

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by eldav(m): 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
I never knew what i had till i lost it. I used to have encounters with God almost everyday. Infact i have heard his voice speak to me many times,i hv seen him appear to me (not physically) more than once. All these were on a platter of gold.

I never worked for it,He simply chose to show me such amount of grace,mercy and priviledge but i took it for granted. Now its like the communication link is off. Cant count how many songs He gave me while asleep,but for months i hvnt heard any which i can remember when i wake. I guess i have to work for His voice this time around,and i'm ready to go all the way cos His grace is forever sufficient unto me.

I bless God for His spirit who has been my comforter,and true to my saviour's words,He (Holy spirit) will never leave me but will abide with me forever.

More grace to us in Jesus name,Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Revolva(m): 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
Pls Lord.Protect me from bitchs ass niggaz and bitches
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Elijah78: 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
Atk1nson:
pls can u tell me what it took to start this journey and what it takes to sustain it. My email is rakintade@gmail.com, thanks and God bless

@Atk1nson, I have sent to you an email to the above address.

Wishing you all the best as you start the most important journey in life.
I am happy to be in a fellowship of like-minded people.

N/B In our relationship with God, His purpose is to conform us to the image of His Son. And, He’s content to take as much time as necessary!

2 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hi all,
I've been begging God for months to help me find my way back to Him..
I backslided n did some unholy things
There r times I just sit n cry n tell Him to helpme cos I cnt do it all alone
Pls how to I go about finding my way back to God?
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hi everyone..i pray He meets us all at the point of all our needs..God bless.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Atk1nson(m): 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
Elijah78:

@Atk1nson, I have sent to you an email to the above address.

Wishing you all the best as you start the most important journey in life.
I am happy to be in a fellowship of like-minded people.

N/B In our relationship with God, His purpose is to conform us to the image of His Son. And, He’s content to take as much time as necessary!

thanks alot, I'm grateful

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by iceberylin(m): 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
[quote
author=torchwave] Jehovah Witnesses don't believe God talks
personally to people today. I'm neither a Pentecostal, Presbyterian,
Methodist, Lutherian, Catholic, or Wesleyan; I'm a Christian seeking a
personal relationship with my Father.
[/quote]
waitn come cunsine me
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Christmygoal(m): 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
pappyrose:

Amen
I agree with u on this. The experience is completely supernatural. More real than reality itself.
. Absolutely! Supernatural that's it.

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Danyl(m): 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
zeeayinita: Hi all,
I've been begging God for months to help me find my way back to Him..
I backslided n did some unholy things
There r times I just sit n cry n tell Him to helpme cos I cnt do it all alone
Pls how to I go about finding my way back to God?
Our God is a loving God He loves you but hates the sin you committed. God has seen how sorry you are all you just have to do is to deal with the guilt First, its d devil that condemn God has nevr condemn you, if you believe that Your mind will open to hear Him.
one thing I have discovered in my christian journey is that God is always talking to us bt our inner ears are too heavy to pick the reception. its like a 2- way communication where your radio is broadcasting on a particular frequency, you hv to tune in before you cab pick the signal. the voice of guilt can br so loud that you dont even knw that God is opening His arms wide to receive you. sometimes you it may come in the form of impressions on your spirit, sometimes visions, sometimes dreams & sometimes a Word. Faith comes by Hearing & Hearing by the SPOKEN Word (according to the original greek interpretation of that passage. I.e the Word- RHEMA God spoke to You personally not the biblically 'written word-LOGOS of ) God. so deal with guilt first, tell that bastard devil he has no place in your life, then you will realize that God has been speaking to you.....until the Word comes to you personally keep digging. Let God refer you to any passage of the scriptures-LOGOS He wishes, that is what makes the Word of God come to You as your personal RHEMA. God deals with us differently based on how we relate to him.
you can check that link to see how a 2-way journalling has helped so many christians.

sometimes I hear audible words while my senses are suspended and immediately i come out of dt subsconscuousness, God will explain what the Word meant, but I know I heard Him but during dos times VERY EARLY AROUND 4AM I could start speaking in tongues n then off I go....He will speak then I come up again and the interpretation follows. I dont stress so mug because He is too gracious to His children. just start with God very early. keep your journals of what U heard, be exoectant, pray in the spirit continuously n avoid distractions. let your mind b clear God doesn't speak when you are troubled He may first put you to sleep so that by the time you wake up the Word would b waiting for you. God doesn't speak when you are confused , confusion is of the devil. untill you clear your mind and turn to Him.

www.cwgministries.org/blogs/ill-be-maker-movie-you-be-movie-maker

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
Danyl:
Our God is a loving God He loves you but hates the sin you committed. God has seen how sorry you are all you just have to do is to deal with the guilt First, its d devil that condemn God has nevr condemn you, if you believe that Your mind will open to hear Him.
one thing I have discovered in my christian journey is that God is always talking to us bt our inner ears are too heavy to pick the reception. its like a 2- way communication where your radio is broadcasting on a particular frequency, you hv to tune in before you cab pick the signal. the voice of guilt can br so loud that you dont even knw that God is opening His arms wide to receive you. sometimes you it may come in the form of impressions on your spirit, sometimes visions, sometimes dreams & sometimes a Word. Faith comes by Hearing & Hearing by the SPOKEN Word(according to the original greek interpretation of that passage. I.e the Word God spoke to You personally not the biblically 'written word of ) God. so deal with guilt tell that bastard devil he has no place in your life, then you will realize God has been speaking to you.....until the W'ord comes to you personally keep digging. Let God refer you to any passage of the scriptures-that is what makes the Word of God to You. God deals with us differently based on how we relate to him.
you can check that link to see how a 2-way journalling has helped so many christians.

www.cwgministries.org/blogs/ill-be-maker-movie-you-be-movie-maker

Thank you so very much for this
I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
crusader01: This is the right place to be. I need help seeking the face of God because I feel left alone after my sinful past.
You can get all the help you need as regards seeking God. It is just a matter of asking or praying to God.

Besides, you're not alone. Daily repentance is one of the keys to abiding in Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Danyl(m): 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
zeeayinita:

Thank you so very much for this
I really appreciate
you are most welcome.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by uche13: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
Matthew 7:7 -8 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and HE who who seeks finds..."

This verses shows us that less people are ready to pay the price to seek God. From the scripture, everyone can ask, but when its time to seek God, the word "He" which indicates just one person out of the lot that asked is ready to seek.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
Christmygoal: What a Happy man I am!!!finding like-minded christians online is amazing. My thirst to walk with God is unquenchable. Sometimes I feel as if I'm been too demanding. I've for sometimes now assigned my mind to wander and trail only in christ, my beloved brethrens, its not been easy.........I call it "the practice of God's presence" this title became my watch goal everyday. Where ever I go I'm always aware that Christ is there right with me. Please brethren I'm not saying this to make myself look like a righteous man but I want us to understand something.......1. It is possible to live a sin free life 2.Its possible to enjoy incredible relationship with God. 3. It is possible to hear God speak to you. 4. It is possible to commune/discuss with God (to speak to him and he speak back to you). It may be demanding but surely it is! My desire came when I read Num 12:6-8. Where God told Miriam and Aaron that he speaks to his prophets through dreams and visions but with Moses he speaks with face to face(my paraphrase),,,,,,,,then Job 33:15, Deut 29:29......unfortunately I began praying @night and asking God to speak to me in my dreams! Although I've been a dreamer from childhood but this didn't work! I got tired and started asking 4 God to show me himself like he did to Moses, jacob,abraham,isaac daniel etc. Until when I read paul in phil 3:10.....that was when I started seeking his face. Though its been tough but His grace hasn't failed! I do enjoy uninterrupted fellowship with him and also hear him deliver small still voice to me.....somehow inaudible and often 'uncompelling' . Its been wonderful........may He give us the grace that we may speak with him face to face like Moses in Jesus name.
The pleasure is mine, brother, to meet another fellow, like-minded Christian.

Very encouraging and inspiring words.

The pursuit of God is not an easy task but it is the most rewarding one. Remain blessed and hope to hear more from you.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Christmygoal(m): 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
my brother, I feel compelled to talk 2 u on this issue. Every believer in Christ has/had a past like yours. Are u talking about paul, Peter, (the prophets:Moses,Isaiah,Jacob,Elijah etc)? All had ugly past that @ times made dem alone also. But the bible says "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" 2 Cor 5:17 (KJV). I want to assure you that if u sincerely confessed ur sin and accept Christ as ur personal Lord, saviour and Focus He won't let you down "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."I Jn 1:9 (KJV). God is looking earnestly for man and he always wonder why men to seek him . "16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him" Is 59:11 KJV "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls" Matt 11:28-29. He calls with open heart every moment.......if u feel lonely just trust that its a sign that u need someone to fill a space in your life.that space can only be filled by Jesus Christ. Invite his into your life and seek communion with him "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev 3:20KJV. One will definitely find God if he opens his heart in sincere prayers! One amazing thing about our God is that God is there right with you! All u need is 2 open your heart in prayer. Learn to pray, study the word and live life of purity through absolute obedience. If you really want to begin a sacred walk with God inbox me your email let me send you two books that will help your prayer life and commitment to God: 1. The kneeling Christian by unknown author 2. The practice of the presence of God by Lawrence they are all pdf copies....SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
pappyrose: Jeremiah 29:
12 "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. 13-14 "When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." GOD's Decree. "I'll turn things around for you.

When I discovered this scripture, I understood that going deep with God is serious business.
Friendship with God is so important that it is the greatest investment in life with abundant and immeasurable dividends in this life and in the age to come. It is serious business.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
chibwike: God, God, God what more can i say. In my quest to seek God, i rise and fall only to rise again and still fall again..one important i know is that every being one earth is obliged to seek for his face..we ve got little or no option..coz he owns us..i mean..he is the air we breath for Gods sake.

God has been so merciful and faithful to me..to the extent that sometimes i wonder why he loves me that much..

My dad is late...so i decided to make God my heavenly and earthly father...i talk to him as my Lord, my God and my Daddy,. i try my best not to offend him...coz he has neva offended me before..my dear friends let me say this to our hearing..God is not a wicked God, he is merciful God that loves his children dearly.

Seeking his face for me has not been quite easy, buh its worth it..God bless the owner of this thread.
God bless you, too, my brother.

God will strengthen you and give you the grace to help in times of your needs, and turn your challenges into stepping stones to attain your heart's desires.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Luciferean Series I: Understanding Christianity / Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? / When The Church Is No More Conducive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.