Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,608 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:36 AM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (268399 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2018
vedaxcool:

This pictures are painful to watch.

I hope you are not quoting right wing US propagandists desperate attempt at always confusing issues that are distinct? As much as killing the unborn is reprehensible and totally undefesible, what Trump is doing to people whose desperation pushed them into entering America illegally is just wrong. Separating kids from their parents is sick and just as sick as what colonial Australia did to the Aboriginals. The sad thing about evangelical hypocrisy in the US is the pretense that it cares about human beings once any of those aborted kid are born evangelical hypocrisy decrees that government should not provide health care or any subsidy that can make the child's life better can you believe cleft lips something common in developing nations also happens in the US because mother's cannot get affordable cares or access to proper meal? They simply don't care about those kids, they are contented the kids are born to suffer living an inferior life.
I am too far less concerned about whoever is preying on those aborted babies. I am only worried about what i believe is wrong. As for the evangelists, i thank God they used their bible to justify their action of separating families. That exposed their hypocrisy/evil.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:36pm On Jun 21, 2018
Demmzy15:
Seriously?! Leaning towards "rabbaniyun" you say? So this is why you support them? Who even told you I was talking about the USSR? Please read my posts clearly before assuming what I never meant.
No need for further argument bcus sissie summed it all. I am simply telling you that when you said Russia had been killing muslims way before us was born, that, that was USSR(Soviet Union). Since it breaks it has been gradually transformed but the transformation is a process yet to complete. But definitely modern Russia is a bit more godly than USSR. There are now christians that Quran talks about who have renounced the world in modern russia. You don't have the capacity to differentiate the two.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 6:22pm On Jun 21, 2018
Folks, please watch this priest abused a child before it is taken down.

https://m.facebook.com/search/top/?q=priest%20slaps%20baby&ref=content_filter&tsid=0.24366728736937127&source=typeahead

This is sickening

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by emekaRaj(m): 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2018
Sissie:
All of ”you” ruin and continue to ruin this section with too much sectarianism. It’s like many of us have forgotten what it is to just be Muslims.
It’s sad actually.

Shame to Saudi leaders, shame to Iran leaders.
Shame to hypocrisy
Shame to only seeing the evil on the other side
Shame to lack of objectivity

Shame shame shame.

Biko I don tire for all of una.

Thank u joor, u just said my thought...... Dats why I got tired of this section...... Nothing much to learn just some hypocrites trying to show of their little acquired knowledge in the wrong way actually.

I use to tink we are all Muslims as long as u hav taking the oath of shahada, until i joined this section.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2018
Empiree:
No need for further argument bcus sissie summed it all. I am simply telling you that when you said Russia had been killing muslims way before us was born, that, that was USSR(Soviet Union). Since it breaks it has been gradually transformed but the transformation is a process yet to complete. But definitely modern Russia is a bit more godly than USSR. There are now christians that Quran talks about who have renounced the world in modern russia. You don't have the capacity to differentiate the two.
When I meant Russia before the US was born, I was referring to the Russian empire. The Soviet Union was created early 20th century after the Russian Civil War, Russians from the start have always persecuted Muslims whether Russian empire or Soviet Union or present day Russia. If you're basing it on godliness (despite the fact that they're good in killing and exiling Muslims), then your choice should be the Russian empire because they were more godly than present day Russians. They wrestled the control of Palestine with Muslims.

And excuse me, what are the Christians the Qur'an talked about? undecided
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Sissie(f): 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2018
emekaRaj:

Thank u joor, u just said my thought...... Dats why I got tired of this section...... Nothing much to learn just some hypocrites trying to show of their little acquired knowledge in the wrong way actually.

I use to tink we are all Muslims as long as u hav taking the oath of shahada, until i joined this section.

I am MOD and me myself don tire. I don’t even know . Maybe I will create threads with serious warning about keeping sectarianism out for people like you and I
From Salafi to Shia I don tire
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2018
Demmzy15:
When I meant Russia before the US was born, I was referring to the Russian empire. The Soviet Union was created early 20th century after the Russian Civil War, Russians from the start have always persecuted Muslims whether Russian empire or Soviet Union or present day Russia. If you're basing it on godliness (despite the fact that they're good in killing and exiling Muslims), then your choice should be the Russian empire because they were more godly than present day Russians. They wrestled the control of Palestine with Muslims.

And excuse me, what are the Christians the Qur'an talked about? undecided
waste of time arguing.

Anyways

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:28am On Jun 22, 2018
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 8:12am On Jun 22, 2018
Empiree:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 10:20am On Jun 22, 2018
vedaxcool:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You got bright teeth this morning. You won lotto?

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 11:25am On Jun 22, 2018
vedaxcool:

Wallahi, I was so pissed yesterday. I still dey vex anytime I see that gibberish! grin angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
Demmzy15:
Wallahi, I was so pissed yesterday. I still dey vex anytime I see that gibberish! grin angry

Lol grin grin grin sometimes one prays he really is goofing around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 1:32am On Jun 24, 2018
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2018

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 11:32am On Jun 26, 2018
What can be done to curb the killings going on between herders and farmers? It's getting too much!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by FriendNG: 3:22pm On Jun 26, 2018
Demmzy15:
What can be done to curb the killings going on between herders and farmers? It's getting too much!

Call both party to table, listen to all grevencies.

For temporary measures, have an agreement with herdsmen that they will handover any person among them that trespass some1s farm and made to pay. On the other hand sign an agreement with farmers that dey will hand over any member of their community that either attack herdsmen or their cows and made them to pay for damages.

On the long term, I will go with Olu Falae suggestion. Restore the Sardauna ranches that was grab illegally by farmers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Mofpearl: 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2018
^^
Following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
FriendNG:

On the long term, I will go with Olu Falae suggestion. Restore the Sardauna ranches that was grab illegally by farmers.
what happened?. Herd's lands were taken before?.

And who are the farmers?

Either way, incessant killings is not the way to resolve dispute. It creates confusions. Asides, CAN and Christians aren't helping the situation by constantly nagging and harrasing muslims for the killings. That's senseless.

Besides, all concerned authorities shouldn't be sitting dumb and do nothing while citizens are butchered. And hence forth, herd's should have ranches across the country to keep their cows. Every Nigeria benefits from their herd's business. But cow shouldn't be roaming the streets. That's absurd.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by FriendNG: 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2018
Empiree:
what happened?. Herd's lands were taken before?.

And who are the farmers?

Either way, incessant killings is not the way to resolve dispute. It creates confusions. Asides, CAN and Christians aren't helping the situation by constantly nagging and harrasing muslims for the killings. That's senseless.

Besides, all concerned authorities shouldn't be sitting dumb and do nothing while citizens are butchered. And hence forth, herd's should have ranches across the country to keep their cows. Every Nigeria benefits from their herd's business. But cow shouldn't be roaming the streets. That's absurd.

History have it that the Sardauna of sokoto, Premier of northern Nigeria Sir Ahmad Bello set those grazing reserves to put an end to open grazing.

Along the line farmers start extending and occupying those grazing reserves until they become no more, then cows start grazing on peoples land. According what I heard this is the Genesis of the crises.

You don't know who are farmers? Herdsmen move from one grazing reserves to another grazing reserves using the grazing routes. While farmers are indigenous of each environment to which grazing reserves are situated.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:20pm On Jun 26, 2018
FriendNG:

History have it that the Sardauna of sokoto, Premier of northern Nigeria Sir Ahmad Bello set those grazing reserves to put an end to open grazing.
lots of men of wisdom have gone by. This was really a good idea back then that should have been maintained.

Along the line farmers start extending and occupying those grazing reserves until they become no more, then cows start grazing on peoples land. According what I heard this is the Genesis of the crises.
perfectly understandable because there wasn't red line to demarcate grazing lands. Succeeding govt should have followed up Sardauna's plan.

You don't know who are farmers? Herdsmen move from one grazing reserves to another grazing reserves using the grazing routes. While farmers are indigenous of each environment to which grazing reserves are situated.
I wanted to be sure farmers are not some obscure people from nowhere.

Basically farmers are locals. The same folks.

But how about SW and East where herdsmen kill people also?. Sardauna's plan didn't extend there. So why they have to kill farmers in Yoruba and igbo regions?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by FriendNG: 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
Empiree:
lots of men of wisdom have gone by. This was really a good idea back then that should have been maintained.

perfectly understandable because there wasn't red line to demarcate grazing lands. Succeeding govt should have followed up Sardauna's plan.

For you. I wanted to be sure farmers are not some obscure people from nowhere. Basically farmers are locals. The same folks

But how about SW and East where herd's people kill also?. Sardauna's plan didn't extend there. So why they have to kill farmers in Yoruba and igbo regions?

Ok. According to Vanguard, In 1965 he (Sardauna) established grazing reserves and stock routes in some Northern province (then we don't have State). He is Premier for only Northern Nigeria so I don't expect him to do such in southern states (although I don't know whether such was done)

Concerning the crises extending to sw and se. Before it's a different system of government. Each region have it autonomous Power, it's like we are different countries join together.

Due to the system of government we have now, they can also graze in Southern Nigeria. And since no grazing reserves in the south either, same issues will arise.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 6:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
FriendNG:

Concerning the crises extending to sw and se. Before it's a different system of government. Each region have it autonomous Power, it's like we are different countries join together.

Due to the system of government we have now, they can also graze in Southern Nigeria. And since no grazing reserves in the south either, same issues will arise.
I understand. That's why albaqir once said that Nigeria should rather return to regional govt.

Reality however is, we are now in New system of govt but doesn't rubbish the fact that lands in the East and West belong to the families. They are family owned not like Western world where govt own lands.

Therefore, it is unlawful for herdsmen to invade the West and Southwest to graze without proper permit from rightful owners.

Better still, like I have said earlier, they should rather buy lands in each state across the country for grazing rather than invading family owned properties and laying claims on them.

Fact is, this is Nigerian govt's fault not herdsmen by default. I would defend my lands in the South West too should herdsmen invade.

Solution is govt need to contact owners of those reserved lands across the country in each state and buy those lands specifically for ranch/grazing at large lump sum. If politicians could loot huge money, definitely govt can afford to buy those lands for grazing. The situation is so easy if you ask me. And those lands for grazing must be in the outskirts not in the major cities.

One thing we all can agree with is no one has grace to kill fellow human regardless of what goes on. This is very wrong on the part of herdsmen. There is something called dialogue. It is still in the dictionary.

Why not do that instead of killing?.

Finally, CAN and Christians must either stop involving Islam and muslims in this or their CAN of WORMS should be fined or dissolved for preying or taking advantage of situation for religious purposes.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by FriendNG: 6:26pm On Jun 26, 2018
@Empiree you're wrong they can graze anywhere in Nigeria except land obtain by someone. Regardless it's SW or SS. Land belongs to the state government.

Similarly you cannot blame only herdmen when it comes to the issue of dialogue. This issue is older than all living Nigerians. When an agreement is reach the parties broke it including the farmers. So you cannot say y can't dey dialogue.

You can check the frontpage headline where innocent 4 Fulani where killed and other stories related to Fulani being murdered. They reported to police but the communities shade the perpetrators from being arrested. And you expect them to say all is well.

300 cows were rustle by birom, they also reported to police, the community made sure those cows are sold down South.

It's hard to get land for grazing, opposition are arguing that why would the government purchase the land by itself? Rather the Fulani should buy by themselves. While the herdsmen argue that they rather pay the government for tax while grazing on the government reserves.

Regardless the federal government is proceeding with the establishment of reserves in the 2018 budget.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2018
FriendNG:
@Empiree you're wrong they can graze anywhere in Nigeria except land obtain by someone. Regardless it's SW or SS. Land belongs to the state government.
how does state own the land, just because they have to issue legal papers including C/Os?. Most lands in SW are owned by grandpa, great grandpa, great great and greater grandpa.greater grandma. And most don't have official c/o. Only in recent years govt decided to modernize the system of land and homeownership.

Similarly you cannot blame only herdmen when it comes to the issue of dialogue. This issue is older than all living Nigerians. When an agreement is reach the parties broke it including the farmers. So you cannot say y can't dey dialogue.
no, I didn't. I already indicated that. I only blamed them for the killings which they have no right to take anyone's life. Most of those farmers probably aren't even aware of the agreement. Many of them most likely inherited the land.

You can check the frontpage headline where innocent 4 Fulani where killed and other stories related to Fulani being murdered. They reported to police but the communities shade the perpetrators from being arrested. And you expect them to say all is well.
Again, I understand but it can be deduced that this is reprisal attack. Herdsmen most likely understood the agreement better than the farmers is the reason the laid claims.

300 cows were rustle by birom, they also reported to police, the community made sure those cows are sold down South.
this is really a matter of community dialogue and the govt like I have been saying. Maybe a new agreement needs to be reached.

It's hard to get land for grazing, opposition are arguing that why would the government purchase the land by itself? Rather the Fulani should buy by themselves. While the herdsmen argue that they rather pay the government for tax while grazing on the government reserves.
if this is true, herdsmen are right. This is the easiest way out. This is the way it is designed in America. If you buy a land you pay tax to the municipal or county. This is good one by the herdsmen. So who are the opposition to this?. Political parties?. See I was right when I said govt should buy the land away from the locals.

Regardless the federal government is proceeding with the establishment of reserves in the 2018 budget.

better
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by FriendNG: 7:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
Empiree:
how does state own the land, just because they have to issue legal papers including C/Os?. Most lands in SW are owned by grandpa, great grandpa, great great and greater grandpa.greater grandma. And most don't have official c/o. Only in recent years govt decided to modernize the system of land and homeownership.

That old system is no longer in the law. That's why you must without choice hand your land to government if the need arises and get compensation for it. The land belongs to government now.

no, I didn't. I already indicated that. I only blamed them for the killings which they have no right to take anyone's life. Most of those farmers probably aren't even aware of the agreement. Many of them most likely inherited the land.

No. I mean agreement reach between communities to avert crises not agreement of forefathers. Such of this agreement are broken within months after relative peace. Yes nothing can justify killing but to a herdman who live all his lives with cows thinks a cow life is same as that of human. That's y through out the history of Islam no "Al'aarab" (A villager) ever become a Prophet. Because they have different thinking than a person in the city. They live all their live with cows.

Again, I understand but it can be deduced that this is reprisal attack. Herdsmen most likely understood the agreement better than the farmers is the reason the laid claims.

That of herdsmen is also another reprisal attack. Let me tell you tell u something herdsmen have a foolish culture of not forgiving except if you settle with them via dialogue. And you cannot get away with it if you attack them. They may leave you for some months or years but they will surely come for you. They don't forget, they document all atrocities done to them and pass it to their children and childrens children except if you have reach a deal to settle the issue or be fighting a no ending war for generations to come. Have you seen Elrufai tweet?

Some of this fight predates Nigerian independence.

So who are the opposition to this?. Political parties?. See I was right when I said govt should buy the land away from the local

Parties are telling the locals not sell the land because it's Jihad by Muslims blalala.

To the issue of CAN. Do you Know that significant number of these herdsmen are not Muslim? They don't pray, they don't worrship?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2018
FriendNG:

That old system is no longer in the law. That's why you must without choice hand your land to government if the need arises and get compensation for it. The land belongs to government now.
see, we are saying the same thing from different percepective. I have a land for instance and govt approaches me that they need it and will be compensated for it. Definitely I'm always happy to help the govt to help us. I will take the money. I don't care about who inherited the land before me. This is very common in the SW and may be problematic. And there shouldn't be problem so long as the govt is willing to compensate.

No. I mean agreement reach between communities to avert crises not agreement of forefathers. Such of this agreement are broken within months after relative peace. Yes nothing can justify killing but to a herdman who live all his lives with cows thinks a cow life is same as that of human. That's y through out the history of Islam no "Al'aarab" (A villager) ever become a Prophet. Because they have different thinking than a person in the city. They live all their live with cows.
I understood the agreement thing. But the saying that herdsmen feel their cow is like human the point of killing fellow human if a cow is killed is rather insane.

That of herdsmen is also another reprisal attack. Let me tell you tell u something herdsmen have a foolish culture of not forgiving except if you settle with them via dialogue. And you cannot get away with it if you attack them. They may leave you for some months or years but they will surely come for you. They don't forget, they document all atrocities done to them and pass it to their children and childrens children except if you have reach a deal to settle the issue or be fighting a no ending war for generations to come. Have you seen Elrufai tweet?

Some of this fight predates Nigerian independence
no, I have not seen it.

Parties are telling the locals not sell the land because it's Jihad by Muslims blalala.
hahaha, this is what I have been saying about CAN. People need to sell the land to the govt at current market value plus compensation and other fees associated with it. Whoever is instigating this needs to stop or should face the law. I actually heard something like this on radio clip sent to my what'sup where the Christian man claimed the land belongs to Yoruba because it is located in Yorubland. I have to disagree with him unfortunately. This is not part to peace. But I get what he's trying to say on the other hand that it is the Hausa-fulani trying to take over the land. I don't see it this way. It is not always about grazing. This is 21century. If they want development then, they have to upgrade. Anyone should be able to buy land in any part of Nigeria without tribal restriction other than state and local laws. In America for instance, a New York resident can buy a land or house in any of the 50 states. This is how it should be in Nigeria if they want the country to move forward. So SW and SE need to relax the old sentiment including the north. And any northern, Western or Eastern who becomes president too should not give favoritism to any tribe.

To the issue of CAN. Do you Know that significant number of these herdsmen are not Muslim? They don't pray, they don't worrship?
I know. But you can say this to them a million time they can careless
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by FriendNG: 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2018
See the tweet. A person like him should not write this. Let's forgive and forget.

@Empiree

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:34pm On Jun 26, 2018
FriendNG:
See the tweet. A person like him should not write this. Let's forgive and forget.

@Empi.ree
I said it. Politicians are part of the problem. Shaking my head
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by FriendNG: 9:19pm On Jun 26, 2018
Empiree:
I said it. Politicians are part of the problem. Shaking my head

And you should know that's not the only issue. The biggest issue is matter of land.

Plateau States is roughly divided in two with Muslim Christian with Christians slightly grater in number.

The Christians say it's our land you should leave while the Muslim resist such. So any slight issues it change dimensions to religious crises. That's.why you will see killing of Muslim that are neither herdsmen nor Fulani.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2018
FriendNG:

And you should know that's not the only issue. The biggest issue is matter of land.

Plateau States is roughly divided in two with Muslim Christian with Christians slightly grater in number.

The Christians say it's our land you should leave while the Muslim resist such. So any slight issues it change dimensions to religious crises. That's.why you will see killing of Muslim that are neither herdsmen nor Fulani.
How true is highlighted phrase?. That's crazy if they said that. What the heck they mean it is their land. Aren't muslims there indigenes of the state too?. Don't they speak the same language and what did CAN say about this?.

Too much intolerance going on
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 6:55am On Jun 27, 2018
FriendNG:

Call both party to table, listen to all grevencies.

For temporary measures, have an agreement with herdsmen that they will handover any person among them that trespass some1s farm and made to pay. On the other hand sign an agreement with farmers that dey will hand over any member of their community that either attack herdsmen or their cows and made them to pay for damages.

Flexherbal:
May the souls of all those who died in Jos rest in peace!

That game did not take any life.

Let us all think of how to stop the killings all over Nigeria.
Our leaders are not doing enough.
@Flexherba,

See if you can deduce solution to the problem by clicking on this moniker i quoted and read to the last. Maybe you get a clue from there. You dont have to comment if you dont want to.

@FriendNG, thanks for this enlightement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 11:12am On Jun 27, 2018
FriendNG:

Abeg help with some sources, I want to share with some

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (234) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.