Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (248145 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 1:22am On Jul 28, 2014
subhanAllah, no one is advocating dropping the sunnah.. The moon has to be sighted still.

All i am saying is that, we can help with technology, we know now when it is impossible to see it and when there is a possibility of seeing it.

May Allah grant us wisdom.

I am not an advocate of a science only approach as you seem to be painting, I believe, we should apply it to the extent that it is helpful. The testimony of the one who sees the one is needed still.

Also the birth of a new moon does not mean, it can be sighted in Nigeria. Don't confuse the two. Visibility in Nigeria was impossible on the day announced.

Visibility is what we are concerned about, can we see the moon?

May Allah protect us and guide us.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 4:24am On Jul 28, 2014
ـ الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): يابنَ آدمَ، إذا رَأيتَ ربَّكَ سبحانَهُ يُتابِعُ علَيكَ نِعمَهُ وأنتَ تَعصيهِ فاحذَرْهُ.

Imam Ali (AS) said, ‘O son of Adam, if you see your Lord bestowing bounties upon you in continuous succession while you are disobeying Him, then be cautious of Him.’[Nahj al-Balagha, Saying 25]

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 4:36am On Jul 28, 2014
"Eid is for him whose fasts have been accepted by Allah, and whose worship has been appreciated by Allah. Everyday in which you do not disobey Allah is a day of Eid."
~Imam Ali (as)

Eid Saeed to all my Brothers and Sisters in deen. May Allah accept and magnify our insignificant ibaadat.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 4:50am On Jul 28, 2014
The day of Eid is meant for remembering
Allah. The Holy Prophet (s) says: "Give beauty to your Eid by doing Takbir" ~Bihar Anwar (Ocean of lights).

It is said that the Prophet (saws) himself used to come out of his home on the day of Eid, reciitng the Takbir and glorifying Allah in a loud voice.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 11:51am On Jul 28, 2014
tbaba1234: subhanAllah, no one is advocating dropping the sunnah.. The moon has to be sighted still.

All i am saying is that, we can help with technology, we know now when it is impossible to see it and when there is a possibility of seeing it.

May Allah grant us wisdom.

I am not an advocate of a science only approach as you seem to be painting, I believe, we should apply it to the extent that it is helpful. The testimony of the one who sees the one is needed still.

Also the birth of a new moon does not mean, it can be sighted in Nigeria. Don't confuse the two. Visibility in Nigeria was impossible on the day announced.

Visibility is what we are concerned about, can we see the moon?

May Allah protect us and guide us.

You stay in your house and say: ":no, we cannot see it". Another goes out and looks and tells us that he has seen it and is willing to swear by Allah that he has seen it. Bros. we will not listen to you.

At the very least we agree that the new moon had been born on Saturday, lack of visibility as you claim would make Sunday theoretically the 30th of Ramadan but once we have reports of a sighting we were bound to stop. Thank you very much.

4 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 11:53am On Jul 28, 2014
Al Baqir what is your basis for stopping fasting today? What guides you?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
maclatunji:

You stay in your house and say: ":no, we cannot see it". Another goes out and looks and tells us that he has seen it and is willing to swear by Allah that he has seen it. Bros. we will not listen to you.

At the very least we agree that the new moon had been born on Saturday, lack of visibility as you claim would make Sunday theoretically the 30th of Ramadan but once we have reports of a sighting we were bound to stop. Thank you very much.

Whoever claims to have seen it either made a genuine error or lied. Nigeria is not an island. Not a single country apart from Nigeria saw it.

I have no problem observing the Eid when it is announced by the authorities but we have to take into cognizance the FACT that we can tell when it is impossible to see it in countries with certainty.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
" our Lord, punish us not if we forget or fall into error". This solves the whole issues.

We dey celebrate Eld here now. Eld Mubarak!. Anyone dare post Eld pix?. wish I could but modern tech go redesign my figure. Make I
go join those bros take some pix nau.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 3:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
maclatunji: Al Baqir what is your basis for stopping fasting today? What guides you?

Quran is my guide, forever.
"O ye who believe! if a fasiq come to you with a report, look carefully into it..."

It is interesting that Sultan choose to shun his sworn, trusted committee on moonsighting rather choose to accept the claim of "unknown" identities.

"It was learnt that the chairman of the NMC, Hafiz Wali, from Kano, had on Saturday night forwarded the report of his committee to the Sultan and Prof. Oloyede (Sec. NMC), indicating that the moon had not been sighted"

"Assalamu Alaikum. As expected, the NMC has not received any credible moon-sighting report,” Dr. Wali said in a short message report to the NSCIA leaders.
“Our team in Gwandu has reported that the Moon has not been sighted.” Sultan Sa’ad could not be reached as at the time this report was published at 1:56 a.m on Sunday and it is not clear where he got the report that the moon was sighted."

Sheik Habibullah Al-Ilory, another member of the moonsighting committee said:
“As at 11:00 p.m. on Saturday, our committee advised that the moon was not sighted but the Sultan still went ahead to announce the end of Ramadan. I’m just wondering why we have to do this to Islam. Is our own moon different from the rest of the world? “As far as we are concerned, tomorrow (Monday) is Eid-El-Fitri.”
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by ShehuAba(m): 6:13pm On Jul 28, 2014
well the controversy continues. As far as am concerned I totally believe the sultan and his announcement. The fact that Nigeria is the only country celebrating Eid in the whole world doesn't hold water. Even the ulamaa says that: Every body should fast/break according to his locality. So if the moon is sighted in Nigeria and our leader announces it, then why must we disagree. Even the statement by oloyede that the moon can't be sighted on Saturday was made about two days before then. And he keeps on claiming science as if science is the beginning and the end.
I believe what has led us to this: Is lack of trust and the fact that we don't believe one another. Most people think that our brothers in the north are lying. sooner or later the truth will reveal itself.
I pray Allah helps us all
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by sino(m): 6:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
@Mac, i am surprised at your comments thus far, i believe you are not new to technology, and i also believe you do have those prayer time apps? If you do, then why would you then disregard reports from moonsighting. com that have more than 20years dedicated to the sighting of moon?

We all were alive when the prediction for the solar eclipse was announced, we witnessed the accuracy of the prediction. Allah has blessed us with the knowledge to accurately predict these events, there is no way it will replace the sunnah, rather it should enhance the sunnah and end this continuous back and forth every Ramadan.

I do not fault the Sultan, from the reports i have read so far, he was bombarded by reports of "true" sighting, as a result of that, he made the announcement, but i'll not go ahead with following such announcement, knowing fully well that it is impossible to see the moon with naked eyes on Saturday, and knowing the implication on "me" with following such a news...

For those who did follow the announcement, there is no blame on you, your fast and eid are valid...

Hisham ibn Urwah has related from Abu Salih from Abu Hurairah that the messanger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said:"After me governors would rule over you and those who are upright would rule you by their uprightness and those who are corrupt will rule over you by their corruptness: listen to them and obey them in everything which is compatible with the truth- if they are correct in their dealings then it will be to your benefits and theirs, and if they are incorrectly then that will still be to your benefit (in the next world) but will be held against them."

May Allah Guide us all, ameen.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by ShehuAba(m): 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
sino: @Mac, i am surprised at your comments thus far, i believe you are not new to technology, and i also believe you do have those prayer time apps? If you do, then why would you then disregard reports from moonsighting. com that have more than 20years dedicated to the sighting of moon?

We all were alive when the prediction for the solar eclipse was announced, we witnessed the accuracy of the prediction. Allah has blessed us with the knowledge to accurately predict these events, there is no way it will replace the sunnah, rather it should enhance the sunnah and end this continuous back and forth every Ramadan.

I do not fault the Sultan, from the reports i have read so far, he was bombarded by reports of "true" sighting, as a result of that, he made the announcement, but i'll not go ahead with following such announcement, knowing fully well that it is impossible to see the moon with naked eyes on Saturday, and knowing the implication on "me" with following such a news...

For those who did follow the announcement, there is no blame on you, your fast and eid are valid...

Hisham ibn Urwah has related from Abu Salih from Abu Hurairah that the messanger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said:"After me governors would rule over you and those who are upright would rule you by their uprightness and those who are corrupt will rule over you by their corruptness: listen to them and obey them in everything which is compatible with the truth- if they are correct in their dealings then it will be to your benefits and theirs, and if they are incorrectly then that will still be to your benefit (in the next world) but will be held against them."

@ bolded, I deduce you meant to tell us that what the sultan announced is incompatible with the truth. Well since you also stated up there that from all insinuations it was clear that the sultan received factual evidence that the moon was sighted. so it's now left for all to choose that which he thinks is right.
A final question if nature goes contrary to science, which is best to be followed.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by sino(m): 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
ShehuAba:

@ bolded, I deduce you meant to tell us that what the sultan announced is incompatible with the truth. Well since you also stated up there that from all insinuations it was clear that the sultan received factual evidence that the moon was sighted. so it's now left for all to choose that which he thinks is right.
A final question if nature goes contrary to science, which is best to be followed.

I quoted the hadith to dispel the wrong notion of following the authority absolutely, as i said, i do not blame the Sultan, Allah is aware of that which is hidden to us all...

Do you mean, by your question, that the moon is seen with naked eyes when it has been predicted not to be seen at all by science? if that is the case, then there is no problem, especially, i know from moonsighting .com, they do have registered members scattered over the world with their kits that are always on the lookout, not only that, then it would not be an isolated case such as we have witnessed in Nigeria. There is only one moon!

Unless it's a miracle, and Nigeria is a special country.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
sino: @Mac, i am surprised at your comments thus far, i believe you are not new to technology, and i also believe you do have those prayer time apps? If you do, then why would you then disregard reports from moonsighting. com that have more than 20years dedicated to the sighting of moon?

What an excellent and fair comment. May Allah support you for that.

sino:

Am sorry this hadith claimed to be reported from the prophet (saws) (the bolded part as also related to corrupt rulers) contradict so many verses of the holy Quran and actions of the prophet's ahl al-bayt (as), both the Legacy left for the Ummah.

Countless verses repeatedly urge the believers to stand and support the truth. Countless verses urged us equally to stand against falsehood and tyranny.

When Allah choose Nabi Ibrahim and his offspring to be Leader (Imam) over mankind, Allah said His promise will never reach the transgressor among his offspring.

Allah never choose transgressor and tyrant as Leader over people. Community (people), due to ignorance or corruption, do choose against the will of their Lord. However, the believer among them must stand up against tyranny, corruption and transgression. It is the responsibility of believers to established Allah's will and justice on earth.

Golden Example In History
Imam Hussain ibn Ali ibn Abi talib (as) stood against falsehood and tyranny of the "khalifa" of his time, the cursed Yazid ibn mu'awiyyah. This was a time when Yazid was already almost substituted the Sunnah of the prophet (saws) with innovations, corruption and evil doings. Many of the sahabas left then were in great trauma.

Another sound example of our time was the Iranian Revolution led by Imam Khomeini against Shah Pahlavi who for decades had turned a religious nation of Iran to "western corrupt and influenced" society. Islamic legacy, civilization and culture was going extinct at the time. Imam khomeini launched an Islamic Revolution, succeeded by Allah's will and establish an Islamic government.

The deadly blow and innovations a bad leader will spread for generations to come if not checked

Lastly, the narrator of this hadith was Abu Hurairah. Abu Huraira came to lime-light at the time of Mu'awiyyah Ibn Abi Sufyan, who made him one of his Governor and lavished him with riches.

Maulana Abu A'la Mawdudi in his "al-Khilafa wa Mulkiyah" exposed Mu'awiyah to the fullest of his atrocities and evil, and Abu Hurairah was always there to narrate "hadith" as seen above to cover him. It is interesting the harsh attitude of the 2nd khalifa, Umar towards Abu Hurairah for relating excessive hadith (during his time). Aisha, the wife of the prophet condemned him severally for ascribing lies against the prophet (saws). Imam Ali (as) never ever allowed him in his vicinity.

NB: Abundant evidences are available for my claims.

Salam.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2014
ShehuAba:

The natural course of alternation of day and night, the natural course of rotation of the sun and moon, the exploration of the sky are much talked about in the Quran; and researching through them is what is born to be "Science".

Countless Muslim Scholars established and laid foundation of some of this natural science in line with their understanding of the Quran and prophetic sunnah.

Our so-called leaders are either ignorant or lazy to marry the two.

Salam

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by sino(m): 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
AlBaqir:

What an excellent and fair comment. May Allah support you for that.
Ameen

AlBaqir:
Am sorry this hadith claimed to be reported from the prophet (saws) (the bolded part as also related to corrupt rulers) contradict so many verses of the holy Quran and actions of the prophet's ahl al-bayt (as), both the Legacy left for the Ummah.

Countless verses repeatedly urge the believers to stand and support the truth. Countless verses urged us equally to stand against falsehood and tyranny.

When Allah choose Nabi Ibrahim and his offspring to be Leader (Imam) over mankind, Allah said His promise will never reach the transgressor among his offspring.

Allah never choose transgressor and tyrant as Leader over people. Community (people), due to ignorance or corruption, do choose against the will of their Lord. However, the believer among them must stand up against tyranny, corruption and transgression. It is the responsibility of believers to established Allah's will and justice on earth.

Golden Example In History
Imam Hussain ibn Ali ibn Abi talib (as) stood against falsehood and tyranny of the "khalifa" of his time, the cursed Yazid ibn mu'awiyyah. This was a time when Yazid was already almost substituted the Sunnah of the prophet (saws) with innovations, corruption and evil doings. Many of the sahabas left then were in great trauma.

Another sound example of our time was the Iranian Revolution led by Imam Khomeini against Shah Pahlavi who for decades had turned a religious nation of Iran to "western corrupt and influenced" society. Islamic legacy, civilization and culture was going extinct at the time. Imam khomeini launched an Islamic Revolution, succeeded by Allah's will and establish an Islamic government.

The deadly blow and innovations a bad leader will spread for generations to come if not checked

Lastly, the narrator of this hadith was Abu Hurairah. Abu Huraira came to lime-light at the time of Mu'awiyyah Ibn Abi Sufyan, who made him one of his Governor and lavished him with riches.

Maulana Abu A'la Mawdudi in his "al-Khilafa wa Mulkiyah" exposed Mu'awiyah to the fullest of his atrocities and evil, and Abu Hurairah was always there to narrate "hadith" as seen above to cover him. It is interesting the harsh attitude of the 2nd khalifa, Umar towards Abu Hurairah for relating excessive hadith (during his time). Aisha, the wife of the prophet condemned him severally for ascribing lies against the prophet (saws). Imam Ali (as) never ever allowed him in his vicinity.

NB: Abundant evidences are available for my claims.

Salam.
The hadith is in no way contradicting the Qur'an, it is quite simple, there would come a time where corrupt people would become rulers, obey them only on the truth. This does not stop speaking the truth against their corruption, tyranny and oppression. That is where we need the upright scholars to do their work and call the leader to order...

All over the Muslim world, there had been a tyrant, corrupt and even a disbeliever ruling the Muslims, even the examples you gave points to the fact that there are corrupt leaders...So what do you expect the layman to do?

I am aware of your reservations for Abu Hurayrah, I'm not equipped to go into a detailed discussion in regards to him.

Salam
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
sino:
Ameen

The hadith is in no way contradicting the Qur'an, it is quite simple, there would come a time where corrupt people would become rulers, obey them only on the truth. This does not stop speaking the truth against their corruption, tyranny and oppression. That is where we need the upright scholars to do their work and call the leader to order...

All over the Muslim world, there had been a tyrant, corrupt and even a disbeliever ruling the Muslims, even the examples you gave points to the fact that there are corrupt leaders...So what do you expect the layman to do?

You are right brother. The area that made me go to such length is:
sino:
listen to them and obey them in everything which is compatible with the truth- if they are correct in their dealings then it will be to your benefits and theirs, and if they are incorrectly then that will still be to your benefit (in the next world) but will be held against them."

That underlined part preached, in my understanding, "seat don dey look" as against rising against corruption and evil of the leader.

Brother, there are countless hadith of such that "forbid" uprising against leader even if they are corrupt.

sino:
I am aware of your reservations for Abu Hurayrah, I'm not equipped to go into a detailed discussion in regards to him.

Salam

Fair enough brother. Salam
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
AlBaqir:

Quran is my guide, forever.
"O ye who believe! if a fasiq come to you with a report, look carefully into it..."

It is interesting that Sultan choose to shun his sworn, trusted committee on moonsighting rather choose to accept the claim of "unknown" identities.

"It was learnt that the chairman of the NMC, Hafiz Wali, from Kano, had on Saturday night forwarded the report of his committee to the Sultan and Prof. Oloyede (Sec. NMC), indicating that the moon had not been sighted"

"Assalamu Alaikum. As expected, the NMC has not received any credible moon-sighting report,” Dr. Wali said in a short message report to the NSCIA leaders.
“Our team in Gwandu has reported that the Moon has not been sighted.” Sultan Sa’ad could not be reached as at the time this report was published at 1:56 a.m on Sunday and it is not clear where he got the report that the moon was sighted."

Sheik Habibullah Al-Ilory, another member of the moonsighting committee said:
“As at 11:00 p.m. on Saturday, our committee advised that the moon was not sighted but the Sultan still went ahead to announce the end of Ramadan. I’m just wondering why we have to do this to Islam. Is our own moon different from the rest of the world? “As far as we are concerned, tomorrow (Monday) is Eid-El-Fitri.”

Sheikh Habeeb and Professor Oloyede's fast was 29 (for the sake of this debate) yesterday, so did they sight their own moon or like your posts say, they just chose today as their Eid by themselves? And you Al-Baqir are busy attacking what currently exists without explaining what you consider the "proper" procedure which we can point at from the Sunnah of the prophet. So, Muslim traditional rulers have become liars to Al Baqir and he is the determiner of whom we shall follow based on innuendoes and not detailed explanations.

The challenge I am giving you is simple, explain by the teaching of Islam how today is Eid ul Fitri not how yesterday was not Eid ul fitri #LOL
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2014
tbaba1234:

Whoever claims to have seen it either made a genuine error or lied. Nigeria is not an island. Not a single country apart from Nigeria saw it.

I have no problem observing the Eid when it is announced by the authorities but we have to take into cognizance the FACT that we can tell when it is impossible to see it in countries with certainty.

“Reliable reports of moon sighting were received from Muslim
leaders across the country, which includes, His Royal Highnesses,
the Shehu of Borno, Lamido of Adamawa, the Emirs of Katsina,
Daura, Zazzau, Hadejia, Minna, Kontagora, Talata Mafara, Tsafe,
Bogundu, Muri, Gusua, Anka and some parts of Sokoto State.

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/eid-el-fitri-confusion-over-sighting-moon-nigeria

Very soon, you might claim to know when the rain must fall.

I told you, it is going to be difficult for you to abandon your computer models even in the face of contrary evidence.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by sino(m): 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
AlBaqir:

You are right brother. The area that made me go to such length is:

That underlined part preached, in my understanding, "seat don dey look" as against rising against corruption and evil of the leader.

Brother, there are countless hadith of such that "forbid" uprising against leader even if they are corrupt.

Fair enough brother. Salam
Sidon look wetin? lol, Scholars of the past, were even more harsh to the rulers than the other citizens, a scholar who goes to the doors of the rulers is not respected at all...check for example these quotes...

Sufyan At-Thawri said:
“Even if they (rulers) ask you to read “Qul huwallahu ahad” for them, don’t go!”["Tabaqaat Al-Kubra", 6/372]

Ibn Rajab narrated:
Abu Haazim is narrated to have said: “The scholars of the past used to flee from the Sultaan, while the Sultaan used to chase them. Today, they chase the doors of the Sultaan, while the Sultaan flees from them!”
["Jami Al-Bayan", 2/280]

Al-Qazwiny narrates an incident about Ibn Abeed :
One day he was walking past some people who were standing , so he said: “Why are you standing here?” They said: “The king is cutting the hand of a thief.” He said: “So the thief who steals openly (the king) is cutting off the hand of the thief who stole secretly.”
["Athaar Al-Bilaad", 1/125].

To put those hadith you talked about into perspective, i believe it is a gradual process before revolt comes in, there should be adequate consultations and calling to order by scholars, either behind close doors or in the open. If we revolt on the basis of a rulers sinfulness, without following proper procedure, then there would be chaos, remember we are humans.

An-Nawawi says:
“And as for revolt – meaning against the rulers – and fighting them, then it is haraam by unanimous agreement (ijmaa’) of the Muslims, even if they are sinful oppressors. And the hadeeth are abundantly overwhelming with the meaning that I have mentioned. And Ahl us-Sunnah are united that the ruler is not to be removed, on account of his sinfulness”.
["Sharh al-Sahih Muslim", 12/229].

But if the ruler becomes adamant and unrepentant, then,

Al-Nawawi says:
“Al-Qadhi Iyadh said: “If he is adamant on Kufr, (and) in changing the shariah, or on innovation, then his obedience is invalid and it becomes a duty upon the Muslims to revolt against him, removing him and placing a just Imam (ruler) in his place IF THEY HAVE THE ABILITY”.
["Sharh al-Sahih Muslim", 12/229].

Ibn Battal says:
“When a sultan shows clear kufr, then obedience is no longer obligatory, in fact its wajib UPON THOSE WHO HAVE THE ABILITY to strive against him”.
["Fath al-Baari", 13/7].
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
maclatunji:

“Reliable reports of moon sighting were received from Muslim

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/eid-el-fitri-confusion-over-sighting-moon-nigeria

Very soon, you might claim to know when the rain must fall.

I told you, it is going to be difficult for you to abandon your computer models even in the face of contrary evidence.

None of those are 'reliable' if they saw any moon.

Other muslim countries make use of these advancements in moon sighting, including saudi.

Na only 9ja waka come.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 10:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
tbaba1234:

None of those are 'reliable' if they saw any moon.

Other muslim countries makes use of these advancements in moon sighting, including saudi.

Na only 9ja waka come.

Yes. Your argument defies logic. You are basically saying a truth needs many propagators to be valid. If it were that, Islam would not survive today because there was a time when all the "experts" said it was not true.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 10:14pm On Jul 28, 2014
maclatunji:

Yes. Your argument defies logic. You are basically saying a truth needs many propagators to be valid. If it were that, Islam would not survive today because there was a time when all the "experts" said it was not true.

We have a reliable way of detecting moon visibility. Unless you feel the moon only came to Nigeria. That is what defies logic.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by ShehuAba(m): 10:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
The fact still remains that: It's not a must for us to follow other countries' sighting of the moon. This is especially for those who claim that Na only Nigeria Waka come.
From the article posted by maclatunji above these are reliable sources, and if the moon has been sighted in their locality we must follow it, whether it's against science or not .
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 10:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
maclatunji:

Sheikh Habeeb and Professor Oloyede's fast was 29 (for the sake of this debate) yesterday, so did they sight their own moon or like your posts say, they just chose today as their Eid by themselves?

The scientific argument (which you hypocritically choose to object this time) and prediction was that the new moon of shawwal will be born by 11:45 - 47pm on Friday; and it can NEVER be visible by unclad eyes untill several hours (7hours above) if its not hinder by cloud. 7hours (atleast) + 11:45 = 7a.m the following day. It is impossible to sight
the new Moon in the morning i.e Saturday. And going by the hadith of the prophet (saws) which says "celebrate Eid when you sight the new moon", only Saturday evening is realistic.

NB: This scientific tools and deductions have been tested and used before Ramadan by this same moonsighting committee headed by Sultan.

If you use salat-timing applications and other technology to give accurate time of Salat despite change in weather condition that sometimes makes it difficult to determine the timing...

If you rely on Qibla finder to locate your Qibla for salat in a difficult areas and locations...etc

Why are you hiding under "sunnah" to shun what is scientific and technologically and rationally proven?

maclatunji:
And you Al-Baqir are busy attacking what currently exists without explaining what you consider the "proper" procedure which we can point at from the Sunnah of the prophet.

One of the debates among scholars is how one should sight the moon and call for the start and end of a month based on horizons. In Shahr Ramadhan you will find that there is no united date for Eid al-Fitr as some of the leading Marjas (clerics) will call it either one day earlier or one day later than each other. There are two leading views for whether the crescentmoon should be sighted based on the "Wahdat al Ufuq", meaning a unity of horizons, or "Ikhtilaf al Ufuq", a non-unity of horizions.

The Birth of the Moon explores the concept of Istihilal and focuses on, how and by what mean the new crescent moon is sighted and also what some of the current dilemmas are that people face when trying to sight the moon.

This is a very broad topic with dialogue and arguments.

maclatunji:
So, Muslim traditional rulers have become liars to Al Baqir and he is the determiner of whom we shall follow based on innuendoes and not detailed explanations.

Alhamdulillah you use the word "traditional rulers". Quran and Sunnah NEVER informed me to follow a traditional rulers but order me to follow a qualified Imam. Besides I never call muslim traditional rulers liars rather I refer to those unknown who came with the news of sighting the new moon while Sultan choose to shun his trusted committee who were reported to be at strategic locations with gadgets.

Our "Traditional rulers" are politically appointed as muslim leaders of which "qualified Ulamas" are sidelined and placed under them. I say that Mu'awiyyah - Yazid's Sunnah NEVER the Sunnah of Abal Qassim (saws).

maclatunji:
The challenge I am giving you is simple, explain by the teaching of Islam how today is Eid ul Fitri not how yesterday was not Eid ul fitri #LOL

I believe this has been answered above.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
maclatunji:

Reliable reports of moon sighting were received from Muslim

Maclatunji do u see the canceled part? grin
Even a devil will seek for prove to support his falsehood.
Don't twist my wording o I no call "muslim traditional rulers" devil o. grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 10:45pm On Jul 28, 2014
AlBaqir:

I believe this has been answered above.

No, it has not. You are still trying to prove how Sunday was not Eid ul fitri rather than explain how today is Eid ul fitri according to the rules of Islam. Forget my position for a moment, people already know it.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 10:53pm On Jul 28, 2014
ShehuAba: The fact still remains that: It's not a must for us to follow other countries' sighting of the moon. This is especially for those who claim that Na only Nigeria Waka come.
From the article posted by maclatunji above these are reliable sources, and if the moon has been sighted in their locality we must follow it, whether it's against science or not .

I am still pondering the day we became subjected to computer algorithms. It is laughable that some Muslims are following computers like some people follow their oracles. #Shocking
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:54am On Jul 29, 2014
Okay, bros. pls let's put this to rest. Just say wallahu allam. We disagree sometimes. Next topic.....
Makkah is really filled up this morning for fajr. ( i know as always) but this time is like no space at all. How about when hajj comes, will be extremely crowded isnt?. Despite additional spaces (the two-layer bridges). Sign that pilgrims increase every yr. Allahu Akbar.
Makkah and Medinal live http://www.searchtruth.com/tv.php.

Pix shortly after fajr

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:39am On Jul 29, 2014
Your help needed please. This is real story and i need sincere admonition on this. Everyone is welcome to contribute pls, including usermane guy, my friend. Religious point of view is mostly appreciated. Secular point is welcome too.

A friend of mine, 50 yrs old. Pls dont think im in my 50s though. He's just a very close friend and older. I have to come out publicly bcus it has got to unbearable point that im afraid of losing him. His father passed. He has mother, sisters. His sisters all married. He's the only one staying with their mother. His mom is in her 70s.

Case Study:

His character: awkward, quiet, can be agitated sometimes, doesnt mingle (no social life)
Religion: none
Believe in God: Yes
Generosity: stingy..gives only to mom....barely spend on himself. Others maybe
Self determination: a confused man, lacks focus

I dont know exactly how long he and his mom have being living together but pretty long enough. He takes care of his mom's needs including but not limited to medicals, appointments, financials, well beings, comforts, errands etc.

I am basically his only friend outside his job. We keep company. He's 50 and unmarried. Not sure if he's virgin cheesy. He has being recounting his domestic grievances with his mother to me but I usually ignore bcuz i detest involving in family affairs until yesterday after Eld. He simply said to me that he feels like committing suicide. I understand 100%. The man is fed up with his mom. His mother doesn't wants him marry according to him. She never asked him about wife. Children ke. He did try one day to discuss the issue but they always argue. She told him one day that "you are old and you dont need children anymore". She's simply saying it's too late for that, according to my friend.

He once told me about his affairs with a mother of a grown boy. They dated for a while. But his attitude like i said is kind of sucks when it comes to women. He is sincere in his heart to get serious with her but he's not practical. They just go out, talk a few and parted. One day, he saw the woman with another man who is actually coworker. He was upset when he heard the woman said "what's wrong if i have boyfriend". He had no idea what the conversation was about. He quickly vex-de-cool (lol). Whining like a baby. In short he lost the woman. He dated a Puerto Rican lady. They were "together" for long really. They've gone on vacation etc. Again his mind is pure but seems he doesn't know how to express himself to women. Women always thought he's not serious despite spending on them. It's after he 'lost' them he would call me asking what can he do?. They slept in hotel but different beds. No affections(not that i encourage zina). So he lost the lady as well.

Bear in mind that anytime he's not home his mom calls him every minute. "Where are you". I attest to that myself. She calls him like countless times. She does same thing when he's with intended women. She wants to see him in sight (if possible 24/7). I'd told him before to discuss the situation with her preferably midnight when she's cool off. He did that actually but things gone out of hand. Heated argument ensued in the house on marriage issue and other things. The man is not happy but he does everything for her regardless. It has gone to the point that he traveled to Trini last month, she followed him. And she made sure he returned to US before her.

I am really fed up too bcuz this man would call me in the middle of the night and pretty much everyday. It's always about what can i do or other silly stuff one should hear from baby. I get tired sometimes and refuse to answer my phone. Now i am afraid he may be reported dead by suicide if he has no comfort and I am getting sick of this. If i alert authority for his suicide statement he will be picked up and put on suicide watch. Something i think he wont appreciate.

A fifty yr old man, skinny, short and sad but rich. I am out of options. I knew that when he called me yesterday with gloomy voice they must have rumbled (verbally). I just said to him to seek Imam or Pastor whichever he feels to seek religious guidance if possible on situation like this. He's yet to respond to do that. I think any secular contribution on this issue needs critical review. Why?

A while back on Judge Judy, similar situation was presented to her that plaintiff's mother prevented him from marrying. Mrs Judy simply said "move out and move on (with your life)". Here we talking about mother. Thanks
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 6:28am On Jul 29, 2014
On the moon issue, I will go with mac on this, it doesn't just make sense that muslims would have sat down and sunken so low to the extent of farbricating citing the moon, I don't blame the sultan for any of this, he just worked with the information at his disposal. I expected oloyede should have handled the matter better rather than in such a brazen and rude manner, we find ourselves in situations that requires tack and wisdom, he should have applied both.

Did 12 mid night existed in the prophet pbuh? use to think lunar calender, evrry new day starts at night - dark- hence the dark only finishes when the dawn breaks not at 12 mid night?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.