Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (248018 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2014
A non Muslim respect you being Muslim or is captivated with the way Muslims greet each other " as-Salam alaykum" (peace be onto you). He decided to greet you "as-salam alaykum", can he or she be replied "wa alaykum Salam" (and unto you be peace)?

Pls kindly take into consideration the following ayah:

"When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally." -surah 4, ayah 86

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
For Deols

I also have the privilege of working with teenagers and young adults in Nigeria. Many of them watch shows like Naruto, South Korean dramas, Bleach, Death Note, Avatar, Disney Channel live-shows etc. Many of these shows are foreign and have no religious content. Animes like Naruto and Death note are Japanese and have a very trivial notion of "God". It should also be noted that Japanese and South Koreans are very atheistic in beliefs.

These shows affect both christians and muslim children. I had a discussion with a group of older teenagers (15-19) about the South Korean dramas that they watch. Many of the girls liked one South Korean actor, whom they felt was very handsome. I asked them if they would get married to the actor if he proposed to them. All of the girls that were fans of the actor agreed. I then added that the guy is probably an atheist or a Korean pagan, and yet, they still agreed. There were 2 muslims among them. Now, consider that in islam, it is forbidden for a muslim woman to get married to a non-muslim.

Naruto is an interesting cartoon because many youth watch it despite it have a parallel culture to that of Nigeria. First off, Naruto (the main character in the cartoon) himself is a pork-eater and is probably a pagan since there are different gods in the cartoon. The oddest thing about Naruto is that he has a demon inside of him and yet he is the good guy in the cartoon. How many Nigerian parents would like to know that their children are cheering for a demon-infested pagan boy?
https://www.nairaland.com/1859032/60-middle-class-rich-children-nigeria#25500337

Visit the thread if you have the chance cheesy
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by deols(f): 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2: For Deols

https://www.nairaland.com/1859032/60-middle-class-rich-children-nigeria#25500337

Visit the thread if you have the chance cheesy

Seen
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
deols:

Seen

Reference to the link above ( i dont want to comment there). It's such sorry state. This is where parents have responsibilties. Tv programs, Internet or access to it and all other forms of media must be regulated in homes by parents. Like BigUrban said, i am afraid the next generation of Nigerians will be godless. We see appearance of that in Nigerian movies especially "English" section of so called Nollywood where sacredness is trashed.

Western civilization didnt just happen by accident. It is aimed to destroy religious way of life. EU was once religious before zionism emerged and secularized it. TheBigUrban2 and other so called atheists on NL were at some point believers in God. Most turned atheists btw 1999 and now (period of democracy). In my house, Tv and any forms of media including entertainment (music) are restricted to certain degree. I barely watch tv and i am careful of my net activities.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
Empiree:

Reference to the link above ( i dont want to comment there). It's such sorry state. This is where parents have responsibilties. Tv programs, Internet or access to it and all other forms of media must be regulated in homes by parents. Like BigUrban said, i am afraid the next generation of Nigerians will be godless. We see appearance of that in Nigerian movies especially "English" section of so called Nollywood where sacredness is trashed.

Western civilization didnt just happen by accident. It is aimed to destroy religious way of life. EU was once religious before zionism emerged and secularized it. TheBigUrban2 and other so called atheists on NL were at some point believers in God. Most turned atheists btw 1999 and now (period of democracy). In my house, Tv and any forms of media including entertainment (music) are restricted to certain degree. I barely watch tv and i am careful of my net activities.

grin grin

Zionism secularised Europe?

Western Civilization is aimed to destroy the religious way of lifE?

Excuse me, but I think that you should watch some more TV and also do some more browsing
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

grin grin

Zionism secularised Europe?

Western Civilization is aimed to destroy the religious way of lifE?

You were once believer in God, The Supreme Being. You were not born atheist. You become atheist through influence. In my opinion, atheists are jokes. Deep down somewhere in their heart they know God exists. And I have provided a crash course to test atheists. Load them up on a plane. At cruise 35000 altitude, dive the plane toward the ocean and see their reaction. They would scream Oh God Oh my God. They would never say Oh nothing.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
Empiree:

You were once believer in God, The Supreme Being. You were not born atheist. You become atheist through influence. In my opinion, atheists are jokes. Deep down somewhere in their heart they know God exists. And I have provided a crash course to test atheists. Load them up on a plane. At cruise 35000 altitude, dive the plane toward the ocean and see their reaction. They would scream Oh God Oh my God. They would never say Oh nothing.

I was born an agnostic. Everyone was born without a belief in God until indoctrinated by parents and society.

If I throw a new born baby in a jungle and it is raised by monkeys, that baby would never become a muslim if he/she doesnt meet other humans
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdH: 8:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
Please, I've read where people have maintained that they exchange e-mails via nairaland but I have tried that to no avail for the past one year now. Can you put me through or at least direct me to a thread that can help? Jazakumullahu khayran.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
AbdH: Please, I've read where people have maintained that they exchange e-mails via nairaland but I have tried that to no avail for the past one year now. Can you put me through or at least direct me to a thread that can help? Jazakumullahu khayran.
Which email did you register with? The pm goes into the inbox of the mail you registered with.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdH: 10:24am On Aug 17, 2014
onegig: Which email did you register with? The pm goes into the inbox of the mail you registered with.

I registered with a gmail account. Let's assume that I want to send you a pm, I go to your account and click 'send E-mail message to onegig'. I get there and realize that I can't edit the subject nor edit the body of the mail.

What I saw there is:

''Hello onegig,

AbdH would like to send you an email message, but since you're not connected, you'll need to contact AbdH by replying this email.

Regards,
Nairaland Team,
For: https://www.nairaland.com/abdh''

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 6:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
I replied your pm with brief explanation.. I hope you have seen it now. Been kinda busy would have responded early.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdH: 2:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
^^^ Yes I saw it, thank you. I would not have known if you had not told me though. No notification was sent but I think I can get around it from your explanation.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 6:01pm On Aug 18, 2014

Islamic state group 'executes 700' in Syria
http://m.aljazeera.com/se/2014816123945662121
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
See evil woman. Heartless bitch with no shame. When i googled her name, Wikipedia said she died on August 19, 2014. Few minutes later they removed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIibX4Drzxs#t=37
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
Empiree: See evil woman. Heartless bitch with no shame. When i googled her name, Wikipedia said she died on August 19, 2014. Few minutes later they removed it.

She is just speaking out of her ignorance someone as old as her should value life more, but guess in her head he assumes owning a pencil is the same as making a sound decision, this will be too much to ask.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by abuhalima(m): 7:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
Empiree: See evil woman. Heartless bitch with no shame. When i googled her name, Wikipedia said she died on August 19, 2014. Few minutes later they removed it.

I watched this video few days back, I was like WHAT?! A woman? Speaking this way?, its sad, really. Women are suppose to be more compassionate, but I guess the old lady has lost all sense of humanity...

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 7:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
abuhalima: I watched this video few days back, I was like WHAT?! A woman? Speaking this way?, its sad, really. Women are suppose to be more compassionate, but I guess the old lady has lost all sense of humanity...

It seems many muslims dont watch American TV

That woman is Joan Rivers- a nasty old comedian with so much plastic surgery that her face is like rubber. No one likes her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lKS-Et-VmE
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by abuhalima(m): 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

It seems many muslims dont watch American TV

That woman is Joan Rivers- a nasty old comedian with so much plastic surgery that her face is like rubber. No one likes her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lKS-Et-VmE
oh!, her case is a pitiable one even...

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
@abuhalima,
Madeleine Albright and Ann Coulter are more horrendous...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTkFr_xcRNk
Ann Coulter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGqyXUrbb4A

March Lamont tears on Gaza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C36o2Ymestw
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
@AlBaqir, I got it. Pls give me time to review it. Thanks
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 5:58am On Aug 20, 2014
Empiree: @AlBaqir, I got it. Pls give me time to review it. Thanks

Ma sha Allah dear brother. Take your time. May Allah give us taofiq for much understanding.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
Salam alaikum,

Question:

Are menstruating women allowed to pray salat?.

Detail explanation may be needed if answer is NO
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
Empiree: Salam alaikum,

Question:

Are menstruating women allowed to pray salat?.

Detail explanation may be needed if answer is NO

In addition to your question, I also came across these hadith:

Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 6:
Menstrual Periods

Volume 1, Book 6, Number 304:

Narrated Asma' bint Abi Bakr:
A woman asked Allah's Apostle, "O Allah's
Apostle! What should we do, if the blood of
menses falls on our clothes?" Allah's Apostle
replied, "If the blood of menses falls on the
garment of anyone of you, she must take hold of the blood spot, rub it, and wash it with water and then pray in (with it)."

Volume 1, Book 6, Number 305:
Narrated 'Aisha:
Whenever anyone of us got her menses, she, on becoming clean, used to take hold of the blood spot and rub the blood off her garment, and pour water over it and wash that portion thoroughly and sprinkle water over the rest of the garment. After that she would pray in (with) it.

My view? In sha Allah I'm coming back. I need to hear people's opinion first.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
AlBaqir:

My view? In sha Allah I'm coming back. I need to hear people's opinion first.

Shukran.

So far, evidences indicate they can offer Salat. Those who say menstruating women cant, their evidence is not strong but I understand why they say that. In sura 4:43, no mention of menstruating women. But the other opinion (that they should not offer salah) seems to be system of meaning.

For example, Quran describes menstruation as unclean, harmful to husband. I think those of different opinion believe that since menstruation is unclean, and Allah only desires tayyib, is where the clause lies. Like you said let's hear from others.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 7:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
Empiree:

Shukran.

So far, evidences indicate they can offer Salat. Those who say menstruating women cant, their evidence is not strong but I understand why they say that. In sura 4:43, no mention of menstruating women. But the other opinion (that they should not offer salah) seems to be system of meaning.

For example, Quran describes menstruation as unclean, harmful to husband. I think those of different opinion believe that since menstruation is unclean, and Allah only desires tayyib, is where the clause lies. Like you said let's hear from others.

No there is no evidence that indicates that they can pray... The hadith talks about stained clothes. Totally different issue.

A'isha ra relates that the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wasallam said: "I do not make lawful the masjid for menstruating women or for one who is in a seminally defiled state [junub]. (Sunan Abu Dawud)

Umm Salama ra related that the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wasallam entered the courtyard of the masjid and announced aloud, "The masjid is not permitted for the seminally defiled and for the menstruating women." (Tabarani)

Also in bukhari:

Hadith 321/06. Menstrual Periods/Volume 01/Sahih Bukhari (English)

Narrated Aiyub:

Hafsa said, 'We used to forbid our young women to go out for the two `Id prayers. A woman came and stayed at the palace of Bani Khalaf and she narrated about her sister whose husband took part in twelve holy battles along with the Prophet and her sister was with her husband in six (out of these twelve). She (the woman's sister) said, "We used to treat the wounded, look after the patients and once I asked the Prophet, 'Is there any harm for any of us to stay at home if she doesn't have a veil?' He said, 'She should cover herself with the veil of her companion and should participate in the good deeds and in the religious gathering of the Muslims.' When Um `Atiya came I asked her whether she had heard it from the Prophet. She replied, "Yes. May my father be sacrificed for him (the Prophet)! (Whenever she mentioned the Prophet she used to say, 'May my father be sacrificed for him) I have heard the Prophet saying, 'The unmarried young virgins and the mature girl who stay often screened or the young unmarried virgins who often stay screened and the menstruating women should come out and participate in the good deeds as well as the religious gathering of the faithful believers but the menstruating women should keep away from the Musalla (praying place).' " Hafsa asked Um `Atiya surprisingly, "Do you say the menstruating women?" She replied, "Doesn't a menstruating woman attend `Arafat (Hajj) and such and such (other deeds)?"

Muslim, Book 004, Number 1932:
Umm 'Atiyya said: He (the Apostle of Allah) commanded us that we should take out unmarried women and purdah-observing ladies for 'Id prayers, and he commanded the menstruating women to remain away from the place of worship of the Muslims.

It is clear that a woman in her menses is not supposed to go to the prayer area talk less of praying.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 7:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Is it not the case that when a woman is menstruating, she neither prays nor fasts?” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (304)]

Also, `A’ishah said: “When this came upon us, we were commanded to make up our fasts but not our prayers.” [Sahîh Muslim (335)]

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
tbaba1234:

No there is no evidence that indicates that they can pray... The hadith talks about stained clothes. Totally different issue.

It is clear that a woman in her menses is not supposed to go to the prayer area talk less of praying.

Jazakallahu khyran. This is sufficient. This is the view i actually held all my life. I just notice yesterday that Usermane holds different view on his website that's why i confronted him.
https://www.nairaland.com/1863386/quran-iron-57#25651764
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 7:55pm On Aug 21, 2014
Empiree:

Jazakallahu khyran. This is sufficient. This is the view i actually held all my life. I just notice yesterday that Usermane holds different view on his website that's why i confronted him.
https://www.nairaland.com/1863386/quran-iron-57#25651764

Usermane is a 'quranist'... He does not even call himself muslim..

Wrong place to get any information.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
tbaba1234:

Usermane is a 'quranist'... He does not even call himself muslim..

Wrong place to get any information.

i know. I just like talking to him see what he's up to. He has mind of his own.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
tbaba1234:

Really while I agree with tbaba that a woman cannot pray during menses, I totally disagree on the bolded part ^that the hadith from Bukhari (those 2 I quoted earlier) only talks about "stained clothes".

Unless he's reading something else entirely. I bet this is the reason why Empiree says after reading those hadith:
Empiree:

So far, evidences indicate they can offer Salat.
Those who say menstruating women cant, their evidence is not strong but I understand why they say that.

Empiree:
In sura 4:43, no mention of menstruating women. But the other opinion (that they should not offer salah) seems to be system of meaning.

Quran 2:222 reads:
"They will ask you about menstruation. Say, 'It is harmful, so keep away from women during it. Do not approach them until they are purified of it, when they are purified you may approach them as Allah has ordained."

The word used by Allah is "Ahdha" meaning "hurt, harmful, pollution etc". Coupled with another word "atah yat-hur'na" - until they are purified from it (the pollution)).

There is no doubt Menstration is both physical and spiritual pollution.

Quran 4: 43: "O ye who believe! Approach not prayers with a mind befogged until ye can understand all that ye say, Nor in a state of ceremonial impurity until after washing...

This ayah esp the underlined part clarify in a general term using the word "wala Junuban ilah...atah tagtasilu" - underlined part above

No doubt one of the state of Junub - impurity is menstration and after-birth because of the "constant" flow of blood/fluid.

And in the ayah of ablution (Maidah: 6/7), Allah legislate "purity" before salat and also declares:

"...if ye are in a state of Junuban (impurity), bathe your whole body..."

Lastly, with tens of hadith just quoted by tbaba1234 on NO SALAT FOR A MENSTRUATING WOMEN, the case is closed.

Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 3:23am On Aug 22, 2014
Empiree: @abuhalima,
Madeleine Albright and Ann Coulter are more horrendous...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTkFr_xcRNk
Ann Coulter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGqyXUrbb4A

Coutler is more like someone with a loud and shitty thinking. The kind of thrash that comes out from her is legendary. You would think her brain is still new from non usage.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.