Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,413 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:29 AM

Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple - Pets (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple (139198 Views)

Snap And Upload Your Dogs Here [season 3 2016 Edition] / Snap and upload your pet here [season 1] / Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 7:09am On Sep 17, 2014
oluomoadebayo: Feeding raw meat with dry food same day could be harmful to your dog digestive system and these could leads to bacteria infection. If you are feeding raw feed it for the whole day.
What's the scientific basis for this? IMHO, some dogs can't handle it but most dogs can. If his dog couldn't handle it he would've noticed.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by kuzee(m): 7:43am On Sep 17, 2014
Mckandre: totally. mine loves it with passion due to the fact that once anything raw touches her mouth, it lives her energetic and agile.
lol..
i tell you..jux wagging tail to nd fro at the sight of raw meat.
if i dnt provide the meat,they bite my leg with force all the time.
i jux seem to wonder why my own dog go bite owner leg nd tearing off my clothes i wore.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by mayorall(m): 8:28am On Sep 17, 2014
kuzee:
lol..
i jux seem to wonder why my own dog go bite owner leg nd tearing off my clothes i wore.

Don't let this last long. You should have a corrective tone, word or looks.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 9:13am On Sep 17, 2014
kuzee:
lol..
that attitude should be frowned on. mine gave me that attitude too;she will tug on my jeans each time I play with her and suddenly stop. whenever yours does that, give her not too painful kinda slap on the backtail with the word No or Stop it ,sooner than later such behavior will be quenched.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by kuzee(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2014
Mckandre: that attitude should be frowned on. mine gave me that attitude too;she will tug on my jeans each time I play with her and suddenly stop. whenever yours does that, give her not too painful kinda slap on the backtail with the word No or Stop it ,sooner than later such behavior will be quenched.
oh,dnt you think the dog will be less friendly with you?
or if it goes on will they become more aggressive to their owners?
what could likely happen if that is not corrected
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 10:06am On Sep 17, 2014
kuzee:
oh,dnt you think the dog will be less friendly with you?
or if it goes on will they become more aggressive to their owners?
what could likely happen if that is not corrected
Mehn, you better not wait till that moment arrives. remember you feed yours raw and once you have a lick from the bite wound, your dogs senses will rise and the biting might escalate. depending on the kind of breed,the next thing that might occur will run to censorship.
For the corporal punishment; the dog won't show any aggression or whatsoever on you the owner if only twas introduced at early stage, it will only make your pet passive you as the dormant one.
Always make sure it's immediately after or at the point of the ill act that you discipline him, not after a while when he most have forgotten the act otherwise, it will make your pet to be skittish whenever you're around. its acceptable to start it early at puppyhood
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by kuzee(m): 9:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
Mckandre: Mehn, you better not wait till that moment arrives. remember you feed yours raw and once you have a lick from the bite wound, your dogs senses will rise and the biting might escalate. depending on the kind of breed,the next thing that might occur will run to censorship.
For the corporal punishment; the dog won't show any aggression or whatsoever on you the owner if only twas introduced at early stage, it will only make your pet passive you as the dormant one.
Always make sure it's immediately after or at the point of the ill act that you discipline him, not after a while when he most have forgotten the act otherwise, it will make your pet to be skittish whenever you're around. its acceptable to start it early at puppyhood
i tried slapping the tail
for where,they didnt move an inch..
if not for seun saying no hitting on dog,i would ve landed them a dirty slap.
tear my new native clothes..chai..
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by aguizm(m): 9:34am On Sep 18, 2014
Kuzee you are doing yourself more harm than good.You are still new in dog ownership and you are feeding your dog raw meat based on the advice of pros who have lived with dogs all their lives and knows how to correct theirs unlike you.Bro better desist from raw feeding before you find your self living with wolves in dogs skin.I Feed my dog on 100% cooked food consisting of rice,indomie,spaghetti, boiled fish,sardine,meat and goat bones and she is growing perfectly well and healthy. I will never be in support of feeding raw.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by mayorall(m): 9:50am On Sep 18, 2014
Please I do find worms in my Dog's poo whenever I delayed it. is she due for de - worming? . The doctor told me last month the next is after 3months. My next appointment is November.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by arcbay(m): 11:19am On Sep 18, 2014
My Pleasure to introduce to you "Duchess", my 7weeks old Lhasa apso, she's a sparkling white adorable princess...I love her pieces

1 Like

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by aguizm(m): 11:19am On Sep 18, 2014
mayorall: Please I do find worms in my Dog's poo whenever I delayed it. is she due for de - worming? . The doctor told me last month the next is after 3months. My next appointment is November.
If your dog is below 6 months its best u deworm her every month till she is 6 months then once after every 4 months.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by kuzee(m): 9:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
aguizm: Kuzee you are doing yourself more harm than good.You are still new in dog ownership and you are feeding your dog raw meat based on the advice of pros who have lived with dogs all their lives and knows how to correct theirs unlike you.Bro better desist from raw feeding before you find your self living with wolves in dogs skin.I Feed my dog on 100% cooked food consisting of rice,indomie,spaghetti, boiled fish,sardine,meat and goat bones and she is growing perfectly well and healthy. I will never be in support of feeding raw.
thanks bro.
m till new coz i dnt really ve the time since i ve bin in school.
the feed u mentioned,i tried feeding the dog,they wnt jux eat it at all why?
the indomie,rice nd d odas.
are they nt dat hungry at all...
not all the time i feed them raw,lik wen i go to the market to buy meat or organs,i will jux throw some part to them,then later i cooked them,dat how i do that..
and i m till hearing frm oda thread it aint advisable to feed them household food coz it aint safe fr them only for the mongrel..
eating jux organ nd meat all the time..

1 Like

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by kendallhart(m): 9:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
Oga Seun,I bought a local dog today and its 3 weeks old and I'm not sure if it will survive so my question is should I return it and wait till its a month old or train it and allow it grow in my care?

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 9:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
mayorall: Please I do find worms in my Dog's poo whenever I delayed it. is she due for de - worming? . The doctor told me last month the next is after 3months. My next appointment is November.
If there are worms in your dog's poo then yes, she is due for deworming. The purpose of deworming is to remove worms, so if there are worms..
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
[quote author=Seun]
If there are worms in your dog's poo then yes, she is due for deworming. The purpose of deworming is to eliminate worms in the dog, afterall.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
kendallhart: Oga Seun,I bought a local dog today and its 3 weeks old and I'm not sure if it will survive so my question is should I return it and wait till its a month old or train it and allow it grow in my care?
Yes, please return it immediately. Young puppies need to be with their mothers. Don't wait until it gets sick; otherwise death is very likely.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by kendallhart(m): 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
Oga Seun thanks so how many weeks should I wait till I collect it.... 5 or 6 weeks?
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by mayorall(m): 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
aguizm: If your dog is below 6 months its best u deworm her every month till she is 6 months then once after every 4 months.

Thanks.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by mayorall(m): 10:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
Seun:
If there are worms in your dog's poo then yes, she is due for deworming. The purpose of deworming is to remove worms, so if there are worms..

Thanks. Will visit my vet tomorrow.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by kendallhart(m): 12:52am On Sep 19, 2014
The pup's keeping me up I haven't slept cos of the dog whining and am afraid it doesn't die
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 8:35am On Sep 19, 2014
kuzee:
i tried slapping the tail
for where,they didnt move an inch..
if not for seun saying no hitting on dog,i would ve landed them a dirty slap.
tear my new native clothes..chai..
it's because you didn't start early, your dogs were like ;what's this one doing and again I don't think there's anything like no corporal punishment,nobody will tell you the truth. the whites made that method for dogs because they no longer employ such on the human counterparts. they believe the psychological differences can be changed by behavior, actions, expression and words; not knowing that dogs are nothing like we humans; they don't think like we do, they don't act like we do and they don't talk about their feelings like we do
if you're the type that is based on words and facial expressions, I tell you today your dogs will overwhelm you,if you like shout on top of your voice and make face like pson wey done see accident victims,even if they stop at that very moment, that their attitudes will still keep on pushing.
if your dog is still behaving that way,mehn it only means one thing, you're no longer the park leader. All you have to do is to regain it back by doing what needs to be done.
NB: don't hit your dog in such a way that will make it scream in pain, just a small but effective patting... besides, how old is your dog?
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by kuzee(m): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2014
Mckandre: it's because you didn't start early, your dogs were like ;what's this one doing and again I don't think there's anything like no corporal punishment,nobody will tell you the truth. the whites made that method for dogs because they no longer employ such on the human counterparts. they believe the psychological differences can be changed by behavior, actions, expression and words; not knowing that dogs are nothing like we humans; they don't think like we do, they don't act like we do and they don't talk about their feelings like we do
if you're the type that is based on words and facial expressions, I tell you today your dogs will overwhelm you,if you like shout on top of your voice and make face like pson wey done see accident victims,even if they stop at that very moment, that their attitudes will still keep on pushing.
if your dog is still behaving that way,mehn it only means one thing, you're no longer the park leader. All you have to do is to regain it back by doing what needs to be done.
NB: don't hit your dog in such a way that will make it scream in pain, just a small but effective patting... besides, how old is your dog?
chai i don suffer
four month old now
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by mayorall(m): 12:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
Bad omen. Wanna go get a Rott today. This my dog just chop my NEPA bill. Adiye to da fa nu, E je e Lafi ma ko. when Electricity agency show face, I go carry am give them make them carry am dey go.

German plus American rott mix. A good one?.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 11:09am On Sep 20, 2014
mayorall: Bad omen. Wanna go get a Rott today. This my dog just chop my NEPA bill. Adiye to da fa nu, E je e Lafi ma ko. when Electricity agency show face, I go carry am give them make them carry am dey go.

German plus American rott mix. A good one?.
bobo, abeg no try m
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
my babe's growing. will be 5 at 25th of the month

1 Like

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
kendallhart: Oga Seun thanks so how many weeks should I wait till I collect it.... 5 or 6 weeks?
8 weeks is the normal time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by adewasco2k(m): 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
smart guy wink

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by destante(f): 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
arcbay: My Pleasure to introduce to you "Duchess", my 7weeks old Lhasa apso, she's a sparkling white adorable princess...I love her pieces
Wow she is so cute cheesy
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by destante(f): 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
Daisy who will be three months on the 28 says hello cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
Seun: 8 weeks is the normal time.

Please review my pending ads. Thanks sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (44) (Reply)

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd / How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.