Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple (138301 Views)

Snap And Upload Your Dogs Here [season 3 2016 Edition] / Snap and upload your pet here [season 1] / Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
Mckandre: dry food, as in dog food?

Yes.. Denkadog to be precise...
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 9:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
jbonito1:

Yes.. Denkadog to be precise...
can she eat the kibbles without being soaked in Milk?
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
Mckandre: can she eat the kibbles without being soaked in Milk?

Pretty much yes. Just have little milk prepared or water. That way the dog can process the dry food easily. Mine always neglect dd kibbles previously, n when I soak it, it gets waisted if she doesn't eat it immediately. So I started mixing boiled egg with d kibbles and she could eat it all. Gradually I could give her dry food alone now.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by dlox01(m): 12:34am On Jul 19, 2014
Mckandre: haaa, bros haba. wetin he come do na? see as him dey beg you.chy there's God o

He has been naughty of late...hahahahaha! Na only him waka come na
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 7:17am On Jul 19, 2014
jbonito1:

Pretty much yes. Just have little milk prepared or water. That way the dog can process the dry food easily. Mine always neglect dd kibbles previously, n when I soak it, it gets waisted if she doesn't eat it immediately. So I started mixing boiled egg with d kibbles and she could eat it all. Gradually I could give her dry food alone now.
just like mine, I was beginning to think the kibbles was too hard for her to chew cos she always get tired of it easily. if I give her some ,she will just pick about 3 of it and live. mehn, the thing could be so frustrating Atimes cos you will spend alot to buy a bag only for her not to give a damn about it.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 19, 2014
Mckandre: just like mine, I was beginning to think the kibbles was too hard for her to chew cos she always get tired of it easily. if I give her some ,she will just pick about 3 of it and live. mehn, the thing could be so frustrating Atimes cos you will spend alot to buy a bag only for her not to give a damn about it.

I bought a bag when I picked my dog at 7 weeks and I can tell u as a matter if fact that she has consumed the whole bag now. I am just waiting for my salary to buy another one. So within April 22 to first week of July my cute little doggie consumed it all. It was hard at first and frustrating but then she got used to it and loved it. I even use it as treat during training, but then I make sure she is really hungry.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by mayorall(m): 9:20am On Jul 19, 2014
Mckandre: just like mine, I was beginning to think the kibbles was too hard for her to chew cos she always get tired of it easily. if I give her some ,she will just pick about 3 of it and live. mehn, the thing could be so frustrating Atimes cos you will spend alot to buy a bag only for her not to give a damn about it.

I go spend big money buy food, she wasted it at first, when I soak it, it get wasted, I stopped soaking it so she can eat it some other time, I will lock her in the cage with the food, before getting back in the evening nah empty plate I go meet, thats the way she learnt to it dry food. Now she knows where I keep the food, if I didnt give her early she will go there and eat the way she likes. I saw her getting longer with the dry food.

1 Like

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 19, 2014
mayorall:

I go spend big money buy food, she wasted it at first, when I soak it, it get wasted, I stopped soaking it so she can eat it some other time, I will lock her in the cage with the food, before getting back in the evening nah empty plate I go meat, thats the way she learnt to it dry food. Now she knows where I keep the food, if I didnt give her early she will go there and eat the way she likes. I saw her getting longer with the dry food.

Nice.. They do like to waste dry food at first for sure.... Also i think you should move where you keep the food so your dog doesn't just eat without you giving him/her. As this can leave an impression for the dog that it can get food by itself, your dog need to keep understanding that you are the provider, and food is a key instrument. You own the food, you give him/her when you like and want. That way, you remain the dominant one. I hope your dog does not raise his/her pawns on you ( like trying to hump on you ) cos that the first trait of a dog trying to impose dominance on you... It must be stopped...

By the way whats the breed , would love to see a pic..
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by mayorall(m): 11:51am On Jul 19, 2014
jbonito1:

Nice.. They do like to waste dry food at first for sure.... Also i think you should move where you keep the food so your dog doesn't just eat without you giving him/her. As this can leave an impression for the dog that it can get food by itself, your dog need to keep understanding that you are the provider, and food is a key instrument. You own the food, you give him/her when you like and want. That way, you remain the dominant one. I hope your dog does not raise his/her pawns on you ( like trying to hump on you ) cos that the first trait of a dog trying to impose dominance on you... It must be stopped...

By the way whats the breed , would love to see a pic..

Boss she does it early in the morning when I opened her cage and When am back from outing, I thought she is trying to welcome me and being happy. Jump on my laps ETC. She will be 3 months old in 10 days. She is a GSD. Hope she is pure?.

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 11:51am On Jul 19, 2014
mayorall:

I go spend big money buy food, she wasted it at first, when I soak it, it get wasted, I stopped soaking it so she can eat it some other time, I will lock her in the cage with the food, before getting back in the evening nah empty plate I go meat, thats the way she learnt to it dry food. Now she knows where I keep the food, if I didnt give her early she will go there and eat the way she likes. I saw her getting longer with the dry food.
funny, I'll try this
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
mayorall:

Boss she does it early in the morning when I opened her cage and When am back from outing, I thought she is trying to welcome me and being happy. Jump on my laps ETC. She will be 3 months old in 10 days. She is a GSD. Hope she is pure?.

Well, it happened to me too and I had to keep researching to find out it's not so good. Though we can argue that our dogs are always happy when we are back but it's a dominant trait. What u will do is whenever she does this just calmly push her down and if she comes up again pull her down and calm her down by by laying ur hands on her head so she stays down. Always say No!! Emphatically when u push her down or Stop!! Depending on the word u like to caution ur dog. Mine has learned how , doesn't do it on me anymore, but when pple visit me, still happens but am working on it.

About the breed, here is what I wrote on a thread, hope it helps.

I think we all need to understand that 100% pure gsd is rare in naija. Except of course anyone with imported male n female. Cos in d long run, if u have a imported female and it mates with a not so pure bred gsd, u cannot have a 100% gsd puppy. Having said that, gsd is either Working line german( straight back ) or Show line American ( slant back ). Am sick of hearing pple say straight back gsd are not pure breed. Nonsense. Go n study well about gsd and u will realize the Americans made their breed of gsd have slant back cos of shows which causes the hip problem in the future for d dog. If u have a gsd that is well behaved, nice temprament, probably black n tan, balanced legs and paws, and intelligent, u do av a at least 70%gsd on ur hand. Care for the dog and love him or her. Feeding also determined how big or small a dog will turn up at d end. ( gsd should not turn out fat n lazy oooo. They need to look smart n agile).

I stand corrected.

2 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by mayorall(m): 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
jbonito1:

Well, it happened to me too and I had to keep researching to find out it's not so good. Though we can argue that our dogs are always happy when we are back but it's a dominant trait. What u will do is whenever she does this just calmly push her down and if she comes up again pull her down and calm her down by by laying ur hands on her head so she stays down. Always say No!! Emphatically when u push her down or Stop!! Depending on the word u like to caution ur dog. Mine has learned how , doesn't do it on me anymore, but when pple visit me, still happens but am working on it.

About the breed, here is what I wrote on a thread, hope it helps.

I think we all need to understand that 100% pure gsd is rare in naija. Except of course anyone with imported male n female. Cos in d long run, if u have a imported female and it mates with a not so pure bred gsd, u cannot have a 100% gsd puppy. Having said that, gsd is either Working line german( straight back ) or Show line American ( slant back ). Am sick of hearing pple say straight back gsd are not pure breed. Nonsense. Go n study well about gsd and u will realize the Americans made their breed of gsd have slant back cos of shows which causes the hip problem in the future for d dog. If u have a gsd that is well behaved, nice temprament, probably black n tan, balanced legs and paws, and intelligent, u do av a at least 70%gsd on ur hand. Care for the dog and love him or her. Feeding also determined how big or small a dog will turn up at d end. ( gsd should not turn out fat n lazy oooo. They need to look smart n agile).

I stand corrected.

Thanks boss. Will work on that.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 6:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
A friend's GSD and my mr destroyer

3 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by henry007(m): 7:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
oluomoadebayo: A friend's GSD and my mr destroyer
that's the head of a malinois. I stand corrected

1 Like

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 11:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
henry007: that's the head of a malinois. I stand corrected
The first picture is GSD 100% while the second is a pure mali.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by arcbay(m): 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
That's a 6weeks old boerboel...Contemplating selling her though.

2 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
arcbay: That's a 6weeks old boerboel...Contemplating selling her though.
Please sell her through Nairaland if you're selling her. The community's participation will help to ensure that she goes to the right new owner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by mayorall(m): 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
Seun: Please sell her through Nairaland if you're selling her. The community's participation will help to ensure that she goes to the right new owner.

So passionate for pets. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 2:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
arcbay: That's a 6weeks old boerboel...Contemplating selling her though.

Are you the breeder?
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by arcbay(m): 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Are you the breeder?

yea i'm a breeder...Been breeding since i was 10years of age, a trait i got from my mom...it runs in the family though...we're a lover of petsi'm so passionate about dogs
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
arcbay:

yea i'm a breeder...Been breeding since i was 10years of age, a trait i got from my mom...it runs in the family though...we're a lover of petsi'm so passionate about dogs

Can you show the parent?
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
The breed standard for a Rottweiler

1 Like

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 6:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
oluomoadebayo: The breed standard for a Rottweiler
His muzzle is far too short. He will not able to keep his body cool as his black coat absorbs heat from the sun. He will have no stamina.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by mayorall(m): 6:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
arcbay:

Wanna join you. Can I have your whatsapp details.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by jeff1607(m): 7:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Seun: His muzzle is far too short. He will not able to keep his body cool as his black coat absorbs heat from the sun. He will have no stamina.
I wanted to kw if there are other breeds of rotts a friend was sayin there are 2types the german rott with the box head and the american rott which has a medium sized snout.pls is this true.though I have tried searching for answers on the web.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by mayorall(m): 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
jeff1607:
I wanted to kw if there are other breeds of rotts a friend was sayin there are 2types the german rott with the box head and the american rott which has a medium sized snout.pls is this true.though I have tried searching for answers on the web.

Yes. its true. search American Rottweiler on google, search German Rottweiler in Another tab. But how do we differentiate the puppies when the adult is not easy differentiated?.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
Seun: His muzzle is far too short. He will not able to keep his body cool as his black coat absorbs heat from the sun. He will have no stamina.

I don't think you own one of this before, fit as you couldn't imagine.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by arcbay(m): 10:15am On Jul 22, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Can you show the parent?

Both imported with necessary papers as proof...Can spend any amount on my pets, i see them as a part of me...I don't mind going to the extreme to achieve this.

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by hunthsmankennel: 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mine is a boerboel female. Very muscular and very quick. she is a 1yr 6mths now. She eats indomie / fish or chicken and canned food and egg every day. what i do basically is boil a pot of indomie, sprinkle chicken of fish parts inside( i buiy them from a cold room weekly), one egg, and put a half can of dog food in the mix. i feed her once a day ie early in the morning before i go to work but she eats the food throughout the day because i serve her massive quantities ie like a small bucket. she is the only girl in my life right now, so i try to treat her right.

whenever, i come back fromwork, she does this little dance of welcome. Any time babes come to see me my dog acts very hostile. she has chased at least 2 exes away. One tried to give her food , my dog cut the chain, and the babe had to climb ontop of my car .LOL.

PS, mine is the female in the pic

3 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 4:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nice dog you ve got there but I don't understand why you guys always cut the tail.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by hunthsmankennel: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
Its called docking. Its a practice that is commonly carried out on a lot of mastiffs
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
hunthsmankennel: Its called docking. Its a practice that is commonly carried out on a lot of mastiffs
for what purpose?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd / How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.