Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Women: Stop Complaining! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women: Stop Complaining! (3810 Views)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / Why Do Women Stop Taking Care Of Themselves After Childbirth? / Women:stop Serving The Men Dead Food And Claiming You Know How To Cook. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: @Op.. and if a man loses his job or something...while the wife is working..?

I hope the man won't expect the woman to lift up a pin inthe house since she had been at work all day.. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/1795267/women-stop-complaining#24397905
Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by baby124: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
Chillisauce:

My dear, what do they know smiley. Housewife is different from stay at home mom. For someone that has tasted both, my dear, drop off in crèche and pick up at evening. All hands should be on deck where kids are involved. They need you as a parent to play with them, they need you to teach them the homework with love and patience, bath time, they wanna play. Raising a child is not easy esp in this part of the world. While you are busy cleaning, picking up toys every minute to avoid trip, feeding every two hrs , changing, laundry, cooking, etc. My dear, I doff my heart to stay at home mothers with no help and who the husbands refused to assist . Mothers with little babies is 24 hrs operation. Guess who will wake in the middle of the night to sing, rock the little one, who wakes in morning to bath clean feed. One person!

ThankGod for my hubby, you are the best kiss. My next world I choose you. God forbid I marry man that will sit his a ss and watch me toil 24 hrs. I go pour hot water for him belly, I swear. smiley
It's not easy at all. Na me first wake the next day, wear cloth. Afara! Definitely not planning to be a housewife. I even bought my mama gift with a big kiss after that experience. Even though she was never a house wife. I will rather be intellectually challenged than mentally exhausted. Little kids are very demanding.
Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 02, 2014
baby_123:
It's not easy at all. Na me first wake the next day, wear cloth. Afara! Definitely not planning to be a housewife. I even bought my mama gift with a big kiss after that experience. Even though she was never a house wife. I will rather be intellectually challenged than mentally exhausted. Little kids are very demanding.

My dear, let them run their homes as they deem fit. E no consign me cheesy.
Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by shizzle11(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: @Op.. and if a man loses his job or something...while the wife is working..?

I hope the man won't expect the woman to lift up a pin inthe house since she had been at work all day.. undecided
This assumption is absolutely unnecessary, but if the bolded is what you envisage for yourself simply because you want to justify the laziness of a house wife, then good luck to you

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by nnekaregy(f): 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2014
2buff:

Read my last post madame tongue
All these things can be done by one person. It's called TIME MANAGEMENT.

Now everyone deserves a day off from work and all and I certainly never ruled out helping...but if you're bishing about it so badly to people, It's either you just don't want it OR you don't know how lucky you are to have that job. Ask the 45 year old single woman who has never been married.
. You must be a very mean person, u think the job @ home is easy?, u have never been there so keep mute.

2 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by shizzle11(m): 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2014
You don't work, you don't earn, you contribute practically nothing financially to the table, you have the whole time literally on your hands, at home 24/7, a sit-at-home wife, your hussy provides every daily family needs, goes uot probably early morning comes back at night, yet you complain of him not helping in chores, what exactly is wrong with some women?

2 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2014
shizzle11:
This assumption is absolutely unnecessary, but if the bolded is what you envisage for yourself simply because you want to justify the laziness of a house wife, then good luck to you
Lol.. calm down!.Its the truth na... In conclusion(from this post), who ever is working and picking up the bills shouldn't help out at home. So if at any point, the person that is working is the woman... and the man has to stay at home.... She is automatically immune @picking up any pin to help out in the home. Q.E.D

6 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: Lol.. calm down!.Its the truth na... In conclusion(from this post), who ever is working and picking up the bills shouldn't help out at home. So if at any point, the person that is working is the woman... and the man has to stay at home.... She is automatically immune @picking up any pin to help out in the home. Q.E.D

This is generally why argueing with women today is always a pointless thing because one party is coming from logic and reason while the other just wants to latch on to abstract histrionics and oppose because it "feels" like the appropriate response to any call of duty placed upon said party.

There is a difference between being helped and EXPECTING to be helped.
Because of love, the one in charge of providing MAY CHOOSE to assist in the domestics, but that in no way means the one in charge of the domestics should be EXPECTING said help from the provider, to the point of complaining if it doesn't come as often as he/she'd like. Don't get it twisted. That is just arrant 21st century shamelessness.

IF the assistance comes, take it as a pleasant surprise. Use that pleasant surprise to boost your mood.
Moderate your expectations (i.e. stop expecting stupidly) to yield the maximum joy from being a house wife/husband if that is your current course. Just set your mind that "This is on me. I'm doing this." and you will find that your mind will automatically include it in it's time management plans. But if your mind is always on "he will do that one, he will do this one, I will leave this one for him" mode then when he comes and doesn't do it, you will now be dissapointed and that dissapointment will lead to all sorts of wahala in your marriage that could easily have been avoided if you had simply just managed your own expectations. Women who are wise will understand what I am saying.

If you feel you need assistance, then go work/make money so that there can be more money which you can then use to hire yourself a househelp i.e. employee. But I find that with all the devices and appliances that we have today, all that is really no longer necessary. A lazy woman with terrible home training is a lazy woman with terrible home training....and she will ofcourse blame her husband for said lack of training on her part lest she take responsibility for it.

4 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by shizzle11(m): 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: Lol.. calm down!.Its the truth na... In conclusion(from this post), who ever is working and picking up the bills shouldn't help out at home. So if at any point, the person that is working is the woman... and the man has to stay at home.... She is automatically immune @picking up any pin to help out in the home. Q.E.D
i have never taken such a position and I don't believe in absolutism. The fact that either spouse is working and the other is not doesn't mean one shouldn't help at all, NO! depend on the nature of the mans job and the time he gets back from work, if he has ampletime away from work, he can actually assist especially during weekends, but some of you are making sound like its the mans duty or that the house chores should be shared and that is unacceptable
Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by shizzle11(m): 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
2buff:

This is generally why argueing with women is always a pointless thing because one party is founded on logic and reason while the other just wants to oppose because it "feels" like the appropriate response to any call of duty placed upon said person.

There is a difference between accepting help and EXPECTING help.
Because of love, the one in charge of providing MAY CHOOSE to assist in the domestics, but that in no way means the one in charge of the domestics should be EXPECTING said help from the provider, to the point of complaining if it doesn't come as often as he/she'd like. That is just arrant 21st century shamelessness.

IF it comes, take it as a pleasant surprise. Use that pleasant surprise to boost your mood.
Moderate your expectations (i.e. stop expecting stupidly and don't get it twisted) to yield the maximum joy from being a house wife/husband if that is your current course.

If you feel you need assistance, then go work/make money so tehat there can be more money which you can then use to hire a househelp.
Exactly my point! even when they are expecting help they should ask for it with modesty, and not asking for it like its a must they they share domestic duty together neglecting the fact that the woman in question isn't even contributing one naira to the family expenses, every man with conscience will appreciate the fact to help out in the home whenever available but not in the way you want, in the scenario you gave, imagine the time they must have spent gossiping and saying all what not that will add no value whatsoever to her family, guess that is part of the house chores....yeye dey smell
Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by cococandy(f): 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2014
bukatyne:

Cococandy wink

This your new moniker invokes thoughts
grin smiley
Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Ewuro1: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
All these yeye chores y'all shiarin ... Chai diaris goduohhh grin

Yeye tins. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2014
Can a mod please put this on the frontpage so we can get a wider perspective on this?
Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 02, 2014
soul_glo:

What's hard in having a job. People do it all the time. Heck I had two when I was 18. So you see it's only a big deal to earn money to a lazy person

Are you seriously asking that question?
And do you think it's the money from your two "macdonald" jobs at 18 that will financially run a family in these times of inflation?

Obviously if finding and working a tangible job is easier for you, you'd be working and hiring a househelp.
It you ain't, then agidi-continua according to the measure of your hand.

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by soulglo: 12:42am On Jul 03, 2014
2buff:

Are you seriously asking that question?
And do you think it's the money from your two "macdonald" jobs at 18 that will financially run a family in these times of inflation?

Obviously if finding and working a tangible job is easier for you, you'd be working and hiring a househelp.
It you ain't, then agidi-continua according to the measure of your hand.

If my husband decides not to work in the best interest of our family i can assure you that we would be fine financially. Either way it goes he would not be the type who thinks he has achieved something earth shattering because his income pays all the bills. So you go ahead and look down your nose at women who keep the home. Make sure your wife knows that her position in life being shackled to you is to be nothing more than a baby wielder. As you so eloquently put it.

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 03, 2014
soul_glo:

If my husband decides not to work in the best interest of our family i can assure you that we would be fine financially. Either way it goes he would not be the type who thinks he has achieved something earth shattering because his income pays all the bills. So you go ahead and look down your nose at women who keep the home. Make sure your wife knows that her position in life being shackled to you is to be nothing more than a baby wielder. As you so eloquently put it.

Never said that. That's all you.

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 03, 2014
Seriously, i dnt understand why the bolded is causing brouhaha here. Like thats a very logical conclusion. Any man who has no job and has resolved to allow his wife work to care for the needs of the family should care for the home. whatt is a man a househusband for for goodness sake? What has he been doing at home all day since he doesnt go out to work? Is he expecting his wife that goes out to work from morning till night to come back home and start doing chores again? what sort of wickedness is that? Why is this an issue when there are men who are doing it already? If we can condemn housewives who complain, why should househusbands be an exception? I dnt get it.

4 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Seriously, i dnt understand why the bolded is causing brouhaha here. Like thats a very logical conclusion. Any man who has no job and has resolved to allow his wife work to care for the needs of the family should care for the home. whatt is a man a househusband for for goodness sake? What has he been doing at home all day since he doesnt go out to work? Is he expecting his wife that goes out to work from morning till night to come back home and start doing chores again? what sort of wickedness is that? Why is this an issue when there are men who are doing it already? If we can condemn housewives who complain, why should househusbands be an exception? I dnt get it.

They just want to look for reasons to keep complaining.

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by cKaiser: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
Thats why its better for both to work and finance the house equally while also doing the chores equally. That would ensure that there is no cheating

2 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by cococandy(f): 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
If only it were that black and white smiley
cKaiser: Thats why its better for both to work and finance the house equally while also doing the chores equally. That would ensure that there is no cheating
Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by bukatyne(f): 5:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
cKaiser: Thats why its better for both to work and finance the house equally while also doing the chores equally. That would ensure that there is no cheating

The issue is not sharing chores/finances 'equally'; the issue is everyone pulling their own weight

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
Moderator. Abeg knack this thing put for FrontPage O.
They must learn today angry

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
The lady clearly felt overwhelmed for whatever reason. Why take it upon yourself to complain about her complaints?

It's not rocket science to be considerate to one another.
Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by sholay2011(m): 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
While I agree with OP's point with respect to this particular case, I am more bothered about his intention for creating this thread.

I wonder how the family section degenerated into this.

4 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
sholay2011: While I agree with OP's point with respect to this particular case, I am more bothered about his intention for creating this thread.

I wonder how the family section degenerated into this.

And what is my intention for creating this thread, pray-tell?

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by sholay2011(m): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
2buff:

And what is my intention for creating this thread, pray-tell?
Are you asking me

Please face front and continue eavesdropping for more gossips so you can create more wonderful threads like this. grin

3 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
sholay2011:
Are you asking me

Please face front and continue eavesdropping for more gossips so you can create more wonderful threads like this. grin

undecided undecided Thanks for your contribution Sir. The door is that way undecided

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by sholay2011(m): 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
2buff:

undecided undecided Thanks for your contribution Sir. The door is that way smiley
You are welcome.

Btw, I know where the door is; I ain't blind. wink

Thanks all the same but please, face your work.

3 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by armyofone(m): 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
sholay2011:
You are welcome.

Btw, I know where the door is; I ain't blind. wink

Thanks all the same but please, face your work.

Good. Use it, and stop derailing this thread. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
grin nti elephants.

Tee hee hee.

grin cheesy
Re: Women: Stop Complaining! by sholay2011(m): 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
2buff:

Good. Use it, and stop derailing this thread. undecided
I didn't mean to derail your hard-earned work thread.

No vex abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? / Sigh! / Man That Cut Off Wife's Ear With Pliers Tells His Own Side Of The Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.