Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: (4871 Views)

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: / The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / Photos: Ocean Of Travellers Today At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 02, 2014
The upcoming Lekki airport will be a massive upgrade cool

1 Like

Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by eaglechild: 7:23am On Jul 02, 2014
All I can get from the article is that Lagosians are touts who cannot behave in an orderly manner.

People queue in all parts of the world and you do not need an armed batallion to maintain order. undecided

3 Likes

Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 02, 2014
yinchar: I just cant but weep for my beloved country, been ruled over by useless PDP rats for the past 16 years, and yet some south easterners will be shouting GEJ till 2019, dont you guys have brain at all, only a fool will keeping doing the same thing again and again, just because he's from your region dosent meant you guys shouldn't know this man is a slow poke, and his party has no good agenda for this blessed country than to loot it..Its only in this country that you have to pay to use a TROLLEY, who does that?, after been charged VAT on your flight ticket, things are just simply disgusting in this country, and the younger generation that are suppose to see this have either sold their soul for peanut or divided along religious and tribal line..chai

Shattap dia Mr. Man. I bet you would also blame Jonathan and the PDP for your failure to impregnate your wife. . .everything that is wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians must be Jonathan's fault abi? How is Jonathan responsible for the entrenched and well-known corruption, incompetence, crudeness, and disorderliness of the average Nigerian? Is it a policy of the Jonathan administration that people should pay for using trollies? So you mean these things didn't happen under your brother Obasanjo?

Besides, how are things any better in the APC controlled states? For instance, is the BRT system, introduced by your îdiotic APC hero Fashola in Lagos, not a spectacular failure - characterised by inefficiency, corruption, and sheer despoilment? Have you seen how terrible the state roads are in several major parts of Lagos - from the inner recesses of Oshodi to areas such as Okota, Iyana Ipaja, and Okokomaiko,. . . .and so on and so forth? Are these failures also attributable to the PDP or Jonathan?

The OP's experience is clearly an indication of how crude and incorrigible we are as Nigerians, and has nothing to do with the individual at the helm of affairs. If you see this as another opportunity to bash the president, then you need to have your head checked.

4 Likes

Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Freewilly(f): 7:43am On Jul 02, 2014
Rich4god: Am sure there is a transformer close to your area.... Do the needful...

Too easy, I need something more dramatic.
Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 02, 2014
eaglechild: All I can get from the article is that Lagosians are touts who cannot behave in an orderly manner.

People queue in all parts of the world and you do not need an armed batallion to maintain order. undecided

Alas! Those rascals would somehow find a way to blame Jonathan for their rascality. If they don't find enough oil in their ewedu soup, it must be Jonathan or the PDP's fault.

3 Likes

Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by LeGull: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2014
CFCfan: The upcoming Lekki airport will be a massive upgrade cool

I am hoping you are being sarcastic

Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Cecediva(f): 8:00am On Jul 02, 2014
pro01:

Alas! Those rascals would somehow find a way to blame Jonathan for their rascality. If they don't find enough oil in their ewedu soup, it must be Jonathan or the PDP's fault.
chaii dia is god oo grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by MaziOmenuko: 8:39am On Jul 02, 2014
icebeatz:
Wooooow.... well, I didnt know my aunt paid for them. She was lamenting about how she came back with 0.0naira.
Besides, personally, I have never used a trolley so I just assumed its free.

Thanks for the heads up. How much is it??

Trolleys aren't free at the airport! You pay for them; imagine paying for a trolley? That's how bad things are at the airport. The shameless FAAN don't even consider it inhumane to exploit travelers!
Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 02, 2014
Naija we hail thee. Hopefully we get there some day but the big question is WHEN?
Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by DobraDobra: 8:47am On Jul 02, 2014
My problem with this write up is that its about people coming into the country from God knows where. One thing for sure is that they obeyed all rulles and regulations from those countries if they are told jump they ask how high. But once we get into nija we drop all decorum because I can't see why we need to rush into d bus and we don't need police or soldier to tell us what to do. I have met nigerians at atleast 4 airports abroad we are d most gentle and most behaved why why why do we misbehave in our own country. Yes wwe can blame d government for lack of facilities but I remebered we once obey rules in dis country with out anybody looking over our shoulders

3 Likes

Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by IAMBREEZY: 9:33am On Jul 02, 2014
The state of that airport is exceedingly hellish,although that was my last time their,am even surprised what of the millions they are making in that airport , can't they use that same money to renovate the airport. Smh

1 Like

Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 02, 2014
Ilekere:

hahaha I was shocked.

True talk dear, Naija's airport is a disgrace. How are you?
Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by netotse(m): 11:47am On Jul 02, 2014
Mazi_Omenuko:

Trolleys aren't free at the airport! You pay for them; imagine paying for a trolley? That's how bad things are at the airport. The shameless FAAN don't even consider it inhumane to exploit travelers!
naija is not the only country where you pay for trolleys.

1 Like

Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
Mazi_Omenuko:

People also pay for trolleys in some airports here in the US. At my nearest airport, a trolley costs $5.
Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by armyofone(m): 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2014
Maybe when traveling, we should just carry our handbags only. I did that, no clothes just handbag, a bra and pant.
next day, i went shopping at aleshinloye. Good thing, was able to blend in apart from my oyoyo skin cheesy

As Nig turn, we should turn follow am.

1 Like

Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by MaziOmenuko: 10:25pm On Jul 02, 2014
CFCfan:
People also pay for trolleys in some airports here in the US. At my nearest airport, a trolley costs $5.

Haven't been to the US yet but the places I've been, trolleys are free upon request!
Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by DobraDobra: 10:45pm On Jul 02, 2014
Mazi_Omenuko:

Haven't been to the US yet but the places I've been, trolleys are free upon request!

Places like? In heathrow d normal ones like that of nija are free but if u have to u a longer and bigger one its not free
Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by DrDre1(m): 2:49am On Jul 03, 2014
Hmm...this write up is making me dread my trip home already. I wonder why we can't just get our acts together in Nigeria. It's so unfortunate that after our trips from different airports from around the world, the place we dread most is where we call home. IMO, it's not even worth being called an airport. I see it as a landing strip.

@ OP
Please, is it more convenient to use a taxi from the airport than having a private car brought down there? It sounds like it will be hellish to get to the private car park with my luggage going by your story. Thanks
Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 03, 2014
I am sorry for the way you suffered but allow me to play devils advocate here.

I fly from MMA at least once a month and I have seen vast improvements in the last two years.

I have experienced what you experienced three times since the new car park was opened and believe me it is not funny.

We all need to be patient until the permanent car park is completed. All I can say is that since the new car park was opened, the traffic in front of the airport has reduced greatly as most of the time people block the road while picking up passengers.

In most countries you park, go to the terminal building, pick your passenger and return back to the car park.

I believe that there is a sign there that says waiting time should not exceed 5 mins at peak periods and 10 minutes during off peak periods.

When I landed last week, I didn't wait for more than 10 minutes after the first bus left till another bus returned. Most of the problem here is caused by people refusing to queue properly and jumping into the bus and excarcebated by the muddy end of the waiting platform.

At least the shuttle is free...at some airports you can also pay for an express shuttle.

It's not as bad as you make it sounds but I feel your pain. All I'm saying the people who use the airport the most aren't the ones complaining because we can see the changes take place even if it is slow and painful.

cheesy

7 Likes

Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by worry359(m): 7:35am On Jul 16, 2014
snip09
Since you are new please learn the rules.
Do not post with silly characters from mobile phone!
Re: How I Suffered At Murtala Mohammed Airport Today::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Goldenboy007(m): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
ahonohai: I am sorry for the way you suffered but allow me to play devils advocate here.

I fly from MMA at least once a month and I have seen vast improvements in the last two years.

I have experienced what you experienced three times since the new car park was opened and believe me it is not funny.

We all need to be patient until the permanent car park is completed. All I can say is that since the new car park was opened, the traffic in front of the airport has reduced greatly as most of the time people block the road while picking up passengers.

In most countries you park, go to the terminal building, pick your passenger and return back to the car park.

I believe that there is a sign there that says waiting time should not exceed 5 mins at peak periods and 10 minutes during off peak periods.

When I landed last week, I didn't wait for more than 10 minutes after the first bus left till another bus returned. Most of the problem here is caused by people refusing to queue properly and jumping into the bus and excarcebated by the muddy end of the waiting platform.

At least the shuttle is free...at some airports you can also pay for an express shuttle.

It's not as bad as you make it sounds but I feel your pain. All I'm saying the people who use the airport the most aren't the ones complaining because we can see the changes take place even if it is slow and painful.

cheesy

I should commend your public relation skills! fantastic reply! In fact I was almost dreading my visit to Nigeria but this reply gives comfort. Then I think we are jointly responsible for the status of our public facilities, although the govt should get more of the butts end! Even if we blame GEJ and the ministry for the state of affairs, is it GEJ collecting the bribe at the airport? Is GEJ the unsympathetic soldiers? Is GEJ the corrupt FAAN staff that charges extra for trolley? Is it GEJ that jumps queue or rush the Shuttle? We Nigerians our own sef plenty !!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Minister, NCAA, And Police Complicity In Mma2 Shutdown / Schorlarship For 12 Nigerian Students For Studies In The U.s / Nigeria: International Flight Resumption Date To Be Out Soon — Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.