Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training - Fashion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training (84711 Views)

Check Out Your Nigeria Brides On My African Bride Episode -1 / Photo: Check Out This Funny Head Gear(gele) A Woman Wore To An Occasion / This Is Me In My African Print Dress. I'd Like To Read Your Comments. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 8:14am On Mar 18, 2015
More pictures.....

Maternity gown, but can also be used as a casual gown fro shopping or lounging at home. i used the smallest size of elastic to gather the upper part. i dont like using elastic thread i feel its not firm enough.The lower part is purple chiffon but it appears blue on my camera.

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 8:16am On Mar 18, 2015
Maternity top with cut out applique flowers.

1 Share

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 8:19am On Mar 18, 2015
Esther (one of my students) in her first off-shoulder puff sleeve blouse.

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by bimbam(f): 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
larosa:

Good job, Esther!

2 Likes

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by bimbam(f): 6:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
@larosa

Are your contact details still current and working? I would like to "talk" to you offline. Thanks!
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 8:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
bimbam:

@larosa

Are your contact details still current and working? I would like to "talk" to you offline. Thanks!

Yes 08033304712.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by bimbam(f): 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
Thanks!
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 2:41pm On Mar 21, 2015
More pictures ....

Ankara and chiffon skirt suit mix with mandarin collar. The skirt has a fishtail at the back.

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2015
Hmmmm... things are really heating up over here at la Rosa, those of you that have not registered are missing o grin

Wedding and bridesmaid gown training in progress. below is a students work. A wedding gown with a fully draped front. The dress is very much in progress. Watch this space for the concluding part of the dress.

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 2:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
Insertion of boning strips into the bust area of wedding gowns. Not many people understand this technique. Registeration still on....call, sms or whatsapp 080 3330 4712.

1 Share

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
larosa:

@esther :kudos! The sky is your starting point.
@madam and other instructors : can a tutorial on how to cut this puff sleeves be made?
Thanks

P. S: how about creating a group page on WhatsApp. I think it would making questions and answers easier and more interactive.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2015
juicypetal:

@esther :kudos! The sky is your starting point.
@madam and other instructors : can a tutorial on how to cut this puff sleeves be made?
Thanks

P. S: how about creating a group page on WhatsApp. I think it would making questions and answers easier and more interactive.

Thanks for your comments Esther will hear.

I would have to make out time for the tutorial but expect it soon.

About the Whatsapp group, good idea but this forum has such a wide exposure. I will keep that in view. Thanks.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by fionana: 2:51am On Mar 23, 2015

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by gtswt(f): 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
larosa:
Hmmmm... things are really heating up over here at la Rosa, those of you that have not registered are missing o grin
Wedding and bridesmaid gown training in progress. below is a students work. A wedding gown with a fully draped front. The dress is very much in progress. Watch this space for the concluding part of the dress.

What u are doing her is beautiful.. God bless u
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by gtswt(f): 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
larosa:

What u are doing here is beautiful.. God bless u

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by goforwardagu: 8:24pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hello larosa,am proud to say that I know you and I have met you in person.what you are doing here is awesome.teaching without holding back.
Esther is really doing well,thanks to you
Hope to see you soon wink

What fabric did u use for the blue dress and what do you have for us next grin
Am still your student oh cheesy

God bless you real good

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2015
@gtswt and @goforwardagu thanks so much ladies you have really made my day.

I used chiffon for the blue dress and ankara print for the waist.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 2:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
Juicypetal asked for tutorial on the puffed off shoulder sleeve, i intend to tackle that over the election weekend (this weekend)
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2015
More pix, students work...Long sleeve basic Ankara jacket.

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2015
Shawl collar 3/4 sleeve, double breasted jacket.

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by bimbam(f): 3:54pm On Mar 25, 2015
Wow! Your students are really doing a great job... their work is neat and professional looking...

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 5:45am On Mar 27, 2015
bimbam:

Wow! Your students are really doing a great job... their work is neat and professional looking...

Thanks so much my sis, it makes all the effort worth it when I see the smile on my students faces after competing a project.

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 5:53am On Mar 27, 2015
I just want to use this time to say a big thank you to all you wonderful ladies and men out there that have encouraged me all this while.

I have made so many friends along the way especially Bimbam and goforwardagu. May God continue to bless you real good.

Thanks for all the calls and tips, those that have registered a big thanks.

please ladies, its very important we note that its not humanly possible to teach everything online for free here. I strongly advise you register for at least a one month foundation course. You would be amazed how much easier sewing would become especially when it comes to pattern making and design.

2 Likes

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 5:55am On Mar 27, 2015
watch out for the off shoulder sleeve tutorial this weekend .

Stay blessed.

Call, SMS, whatsapp 080 3330 4712 for any enquiries.

4 Likes

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by ademisgirl: 1:14pm On Mar 28, 2015
It's weekend, and nothing yet. Madam larisa, when do we start

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 29, 2015
ademisgirl:
It's weekend, and nothing yet. Madam larisa, when do we start
As in eh, been refreshing this page for the tutorial. I am still very much in. Thanks Ma'am Larosa
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 12:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hello dear ladies, please accept my apologies for the delay, lets jump right in.

The first thing you would need to do is have your front and back paper patterns ready. Please refer to the instructions i gave while we were working on the blue dress. we would be using the exact same pattern with a few alterations.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 12:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
1. The pattern goes all the way to the hip so i would advise you shorten it to about 3 inches above the hip level.

2. On the front, mark out your neckline. This style is off-shoulder but i prefer to leave a little bit of the shoulder. You could use any shape of neck you like but in ours we used a very deep round neck. (red line in figure 2)

3. Draw a line from the neck to join the armpit (yellow line)

4. Do same at the back pattern.

2 Likes

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2015
5. we need to create our princess dart next. draw a line from the bustdart tip to the neckline. Cut through the line stopping at the bustdart tip (bust point)

6. Close the bust dart completely.

7. You would notice that the new line would curve at the neck area. Take the line down to the hem of the blouse (follow my white line in the drawing below.

8. If you want princess darts at the backjust draw a line from the neck, through the waist darts down to the hem.

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 1:08pm On Mar 29, 2015
9. Cut off what you dont need at the neck area.

10. If you look at my drawings, you would notice a yellow line connecting the armpit and the neck line. The area above the yellow line is the foundation for our sleeve. Label it front and back carefully and cut it off from the rest of the blouse. Join the two of them along the shoulder area.

11. The sleeve foundation should look like this after joining. To give it the desired fullness, we slash and spread the sleeve pattern lengthwise.

2 Likes

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 1:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
The more you spread the pattern the fuller the gathers on the sleeve would be.Place on your fabric and cut two, also cut the lining if you are using lining.

12. Run gathering stitches along the neck area and the bicep area of the sleeve and pull it back to its original measurement.
13. To cover the rough edges, you would sew a small strip of fabric to cover the edges of the gathers. ( please refer to the picture i posted earlier of the blouse to understand what i am saying.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
Back to our blouse, Seperate the pieces and place the centre front on folded fabric.

You would need to tighten the neck area at the front by removing at least 1/2inch on either side of the princess dart.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ladies: Share Pictures Of Your Natural Hair Here / Mexican Woman Looks Like Real Life Vampire After 49 Body Modifications (Graphic / Some Men Are No Longer Behaving And Dressing Like Men (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.