Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,704 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:03 AM

THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti (5905 Views)

Alex Otti Dancing With Ladies (Photo) / Abia : Dr Okezie's Selling Points / Abia Guber: Dr Alex Otti Vs Okezie Ikpeazu. Who Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by Kponkwem(m): 12:21am On Aug 15, 2014
dukaz: First and foremost, the retired Chief of Army Staff retired as a Lt. General, therefore the person that addressed him as a Lt.Col needs to kindly correct that! The list of candidates here is not even half of the contenders for the position of Abia governor come 2015. There are at least Five other serious contenders who have been left out and any analysis that excludes these people is simply and incomplete one, lets include the other contenders so that we do a better job of comparing who fits the bill.

Yes, there is Friday Nwosu, Okezie Ikpeazu, Dr Onyeama etc.
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by asha80(m): 6:41am On Aug 15, 2014
Kponkwem:

okezie ikpeazu the 'dustbin man'?
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by onyfrank: 7:07am On Aug 15, 2014
Kponkwem:

yes we have them, but can they deliver?
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by DeeMain(m): 7:29am On Aug 15, 2014
Yes, Abia needs a credible technocrat and good leader like a dying man needs oxygen.

Alex Otti seems to be the one!

16 wasted years of the corrupt and clueless Orjis no bi beans. Chai!! God help His own state!
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by Kponkwem(m): 9:26am On Aug 15, 2014
The people posting here don't know that Abia has a 30 year Charter of Equity on Power Rotation. No matter the good intentions of the Ihejirikas, Ottis and Ogah's they are all from the Abia North, Bende or Ogboo-speaking area of the state.

The charter has codified the mode of power rotation.

Even when APC leader Dr Ogbonnaya Onu was gov, he ruled from the North-Afikpo axis. Orji Kalu is an Ogboo-North man, Theordore Orji is from Umuahia-the Ibeku-speaking Central Senatorial District. Justice demands that an Abia South-the Ukwa-Ngwa speaking, real Niger Delta part of the state produce the gov in 2015.

This is the only guarrantee of peace in Abia. I don't want to see a return to criminality and banditry in the Aba axis, which is also the most populated area.
#AbiaMustBeRescued
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by asha80(m): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2014
Kponkwem: The people posting here don't know that Abia has a 30 year Charter of Equity on Power Rotation. No matter the good intentions of the Ihejirikas, Ottis and Ogah's they are all from the Abia North, Bende or Ogboo-speaking area of the state.

Even when APC leader Dr Ogbonnaya Onu was gov, he ruled from the North-Afikpo axis. Orji Kalu is an Ogboo-North man, Theordore Orji is from Umuahia-the Ibeku-speaking Central Senatorial District. Justice demands that an Abia South-the Ukwa-Ngwa speaking, real Niger Delta part of the state produce the gov in 2015.

This is the only guarrantee of peace in Abia. I don't want to see a return to criminality and banditry in the Aba axis, which is also the most populated area.
#AbiaMustBeRescued
trash talk...so isiala ngwa north and south and osisioma are no longer ngwa because they are not from abia south abi?you guys in abia pdp are courting big trouble if you do not not know.real niger delta part of abia indeed.....and by the way abia charter of equity you are yabbing about of 30 yrs ago mean a-afikpo,b-bende,i-isiukwuato and a-aba so if we are to follow it to the letter is is an isiukwuato person that is supposed to contest now that ogbonayya onu,ouk,t a orji have taken the turns of afikpo and bende and not this concussion that pdp abia is offering.
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 15, 2014
onyfrank:
ok. But Alex Otti has everything it takes to b a good leader. Ihejirika just had 3yrs COAS experience, unlike Otti who has always being leader. A first class, he has d connections to attract investors. A harvard product, he has been in a world leaders serminars. Otti is extra qualified.

Don't know much about Otti. But don't assume that any officer is just picked by luck to serve as COAS without good track records. Ihejirika is a very intelligent and loyal army officer.

We have had retired captains, colonels and majors who have served as different state governors in the past, Ihejirika should be the best of that lot..

1 Like

Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by forgiveness: 10:28am On Aug 15, 2014
Although, the first two might be capable of ruling Abia State but it seem they are not in the frame of PDP candidates for now which I think is only Party on ground( there are other parties too) that might win election.

That is what I suppose is on ground now.
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 15, 2014
Otti will deliver....... His good work as md with diamond speaks for him
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by DeeMain(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2014
Please, where is Otti from?
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by Meringe(m): 11:52am On Aug 15, 2014
NL politics and analysis. There re many contenders to dt seat not just three you mentioned. Emeka Wogu is very much interested and has mobilized his resources too silently to achieve his ambition. We have Friday Nwosu, a PDP lawyer and close to Aso rock like Emeka nwogu. close to balyelsa gov and PDP guys. Ogah Uche has d finance and he has been spending. his philanthropic gestures will work for him, having doled out billions as gift in terms of house n donations. He singlehandedly built 168 storey buildings for villagers. many re on his scholarship. he's a grassroot man as far as this election is concerned. Ihejirika is force to reckon if he decides to contest, he is still in charge of the military. you understand what I mean by being still in charge of d military during election. Alex otti is a good candidate but clinching PDP ticket without grassroots mobilization is difficult, he should as Chris Ngwota wat Abaribe did to him during the last election primary. Acho Nwakama is contender but he has limited resources to push his primary campaign. there re so many others in this category, who wants to be governor but no financial backing. we ve Nkechi Nworgu who wants to exchange her seat at d Senate with the Governor. She has the finance but the woman factor will not favour her considering typical ngwa man thought on a woman being the head.
there re two things here to decide on who gets PDP ticket. one, its the presidency backing. two, financial cum grassroots mobilization. the Governor will not decide on who clinch the ticket cos he's not actually in charge of the party. His choice will have problems with the Abuja politicians that are closer to presidency and National party helm. which eventually, will favour the Abuja politicians cos the Governor will not want to offend d party in Abuja n presidency cos of his pending corruption case and very poor performance in office. he will bow.
Don't overlook the silent power of the former governor Orji Uzor Kalu. The PDP national chairman is his close friend. reflect back when they were governors. He might secretly be controlling the structures through the party helm man in Abuja.

coming to the main election, if ihejirika vie through Apga as rumoured, his military boys will aid him. morethan half of Abia population is in the commercial city of Aba, the city is now clamouring for an Ngwa Candidacy. other governors from other zones didn't do much in Aba especially the current government.
PDP said it has zoned the ticket to Abia south, but I thought zoning died during 2011 elections with the candidacy of GEJ. anyway, weeks from now will decide who will deliver Abia.

2 Likes

Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by onyfrank: 12:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
DeeMain: Please, where is Otti from?
4rm Umuru in isiala ngwa!
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by onyfrank: 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
@Meringe. Wat u said is obvious. Like Peter Obi said, Abians don't need a core politician if they want to develope. All this core politicians ar after their pockets, they dnt have much to give the state/ppl
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by DeeMain(m): 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
onyfrank:
4rm Umuru in isiala ngwa!

Thanks. So, why are some folks here talking as if he's not an Ngwa man? Or are some people more Ngwa than the others?
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by onyfrank: 10:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
DeeMain:

Thanks. So, why are some folks here talking as if he's not an Ngwa man? Or are some people more Ngwa than the others?

na wao o. Na fear dey catch them. They know Otti is not a mediocre
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by konjakonja(m): 11:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
DeeMain:

His ngwaness is not pure. He says he is an ngwaman but I see him as an arochukwu man.
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by DeeMain(m): 11:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
konjakonja: His ngwaness is not pure. He says he is an ngwaman but I see him as an arochukwu man.

Pure and impure Ngwa kwa. Pls, explain further. Is he not from Isiala Ngwa?

Na wah o, you go fear for 'racial' discrimination na! angry
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by conyema12(m): 5:17am On Aug 16, 2014
Kponkwem: The people posting here don't know that Abia has a 30 year Charter of Equity on Power Rotation. No matter the good intentions of the Ihejirikas, Ottis and Ogah's they are all from the Abia North, Bende or Ogboo-speaking area of the state.

#AbiaMustBeRescued

this is a typical Ngwa man talk....
can't you see the impressive Resume of the Dr Otti.
He should be allowed to put the state on its feet.
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by konjakonja(m): 6:22am On Aug 16, 2014
DeeMain:

Pure and impure Ngwa kwa. Pls, explain further. Is he not from Isiala Ngwa?

Na wah o, you go fear for 'racial' discrimination na! angry
If you're from Ngwa clan you should know about iko "awara". He was born and brought up in Arochukwu only for him to claim recently that his late father hailed from Isiala-Ngwa. If the elders in the so called Ngwa village has verified his claims and accepted him as a true Ngwa blood, then I stand indifference bro.
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by EasternLeopard: 6:35am On Aug 16, 2014
Ikengawo: Who ever will focus on ABA has my support -though i'm an imolite so it's not my matter.
Aba has the power to modernize the whole south east, it just needs someone that's serious in power. Ihejirika is my man but idk Otti and everything sounds good about him so far. That senator can go and rest. I know what type of criminal mentality it takes to make it into the Nigerian Senate because the position is typically a pay off for rigging for governors, so I can't support him.

Until Justice and Fairness is practiced in Abia, progress might elude them

Have the people of Abia south (Ngwa people) be given their right.

Take a look at states that encourages power rotation and those that don't. You will see that those that practice marginalization don't make it eg Abia Benue Kogi Borno etc

Ihejirika and Alex are wise admnistrators but the Abia curse might work against their effort

To me the most important thing for Abians is that they should copy Imo and Anambra power rotation policy
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by DeeMain(m): 9:03am On Aug 16, 2014
konjakonja: If you're from Ngwa clan you should know about iko "awara". He was born and brought up in Arochukwu only for him to claim recently that his late father hailed from Isiala-Ngwa. If the elders in the so called Ngwa village has verified his claims and accepted him as a true Ngwa blood, then I stand indifference bro.

Ok o, if what you say is true, we await his proofs
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by asha80(m): 10:28am On Aug 16, 2014
konjakonja: If you're from Ngwa clan you should know about iko "awara". He was born and brought up in Arochukwu only for him to claim recently that his late father hailed from Isiala-Ngwa. If the elders in the so called Ngwa village has verified his claims and accepted him as a true Ngwa blood, then I stand indifference bro.
are you sure he was born and brought up in arochukwu guy?abeg read this biko http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/features/policy-a-politics/167264-ngwa-people-receives-otti-urge-him-to-join-abia-guber-race
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by gebest: 10:54am On Aug 16, 2014
pictures or forget them all.
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by onyfrank: 11:10am On Aug 16, 2014
pls Abians, dnt allow T.A Orji to impose any candidate who wil do worse than he did. I learnt thats what he wana do.
Dr. Alex Otti is d right candidate abian needs
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by asha80(m): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2014
onyfrank: pls Abians, dnt allow T.A Orji to impose any candidate who wil do worse than he did. I learnt thats what he wana do.
Dr. Alex Otti is d right candidate abian needs
pleading on the internet is not going to give otti the pdp ticket my friend...he should do groundwork and grassroot mobilization.
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 17, 2014
asha80: pleading on the internet is not going to give otti the pdp ticket my friend...he should do groundwork and grassroot mobilization.
i c abia's incredible future wit d presidency "masters energy"
UCHECHUKWU SAMPSON OGAH!!!
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by onyfrank: 11:16am On Aug 17, 2014
Bobskylo:
i c abia's incredible future wit d presidency "masters energy"
UCHECHUKWU SAMPSON OGAH!!!
hmmm, Mr Uche is a businessman. Like somebody said, "OUK comes to mind."
Otti should be the right man. He is already a leader. Go through his profile.
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by Nobody: 1:22am On Aug 18, 2014
onyfrank:
hmmm, Mr Uche is a businessman. Like somebody said, "OUK comes to mind."
Otti should be the right man. He is already a leader. Go through his profile.
check Ogah's profile too den u compare n contrace
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by onyfrank: 8:19am On Aug 18, 2014
Dr Alex Otti graduated
from the University of
Port Harcourt with a
First class honors
degree in Economics in
1988 and an MBA from University of Lagos in
1994. At the University of
Port Harcourt, he was
the best graduating
student in the
department of
Economics and won the subject prize. He was
also the best
graduating student in
the faculty of Social
Sciences and won the
Dean’s Prize, as well as the overall best
graduating student for
the year and the
valedictorian. He started his banking
career with Nigeria
International Bank
Limited, a subsidiary of
Citibank N.Y. in 1989.
Towards the end of 1996, he moved to
United Bank for Africa
Plc as Principal Manager
and Head, Corporate
Banking Sector, South.
His major responsibility was the development of
the Oil and Gas business
for the Bank. In the
year 2000, he was
promoted Assistant
General Manager. In May 2001, he joined
First Bank of Nigeria Plc
as an Assistant General
Manager with
responsibility for the
Bank’s Energy Group. In April 2004, he was
promoted to Deputy
General Manager and in
September 2005, he
was appointed
Executive Director Commercial Banking. In
October 2006, he was
redesignated Executive
Director (South), and
given the responsibility
to oversee the bank’s businesses in both
South-South and South
Eastern geo-political
zones of Nigeria. On March 1, 2011, he
assumed duties as the
Group Managing
Director/CEO of Diamond
Bank Plc. In less than 2
years of his leadership, Diamond Bank has more
than doubled its
customers deposit and
total assets while
profitability has grown
by over 600%. Under his watch, shareholders
confidence in the bank
was restored as the
stock price reached its
highest level for 20
months, in January 2013. Dr. Otti has served in
the following capacities
on the board of various
institutions and
companies amongst
which are: Director, Airtel Nigeria
Limited (2005 – 2011); Director, FBN Mortgages
Limited; Director, First Pension
Custodian Nigeria
Limited; Member, Governing
Council of the University
of Port Harcourt (2007
– 2012); Chairman, Economics &
Statistics committee,
Lagos Chamber of
Commerce and Industry; Member, Governing
Council of Babcock
University; Fellow, Chartered
Institute of Bankers of
Nigeria; Member, Institute of
Directors; Chairman, Body of Bank
CEOs, Chartered
Institute of Banking. He is an Alumnus of
Harvard Business School
(AMP 177), and has also
trained at Graduate
School of Business,
Stanford University California, Wharton
Business School,
University of
Pennsylvania and
Columbia Business
School, Columbia University New York. He
has also been honored
with a Doctor of
Business Administration
degree by Babcock
University in 2009, a Doctor of Science
degree by the
University of Port
Harcourt in 2012, and a
Doctor of Public
Administration degree by the University of
Nigeria, Nsukka in
January 2013. In recognition of his
commitment and
contributions to
community development,
he has been given
several chieftaincy titles and honors,
including: Ugwu Ngwa of Ngwal,Ugwu Aro of Arochukwu,
kingdom; ochudo of udi kingdom,Ikemba of Aba, Opia Egbe Imenyi of Nkwere. Married with 3 children
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by onyfrank: 8:26am On Aug 18, 2014
Dr Alex Otti is the winner of USAFRICA best of Africa1st International Banker of the year 2013
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by onyfrank: 8:37am On Aug 24, 2014
..Uchechukwu Sampson
Ogah is the President, Masters Energy Oil &
Gas Limited, an indigenous petroleum
marketing company. He
is a Chartered
Accountant (ACA) and a
Chartered Banker (CIBN)
with over 15 years' experience withZenith Bank Plc. Mr. Ogah holds the following academic
degrees: Masters of
Business Administration
(MBA) from University of
Lagos, Bachelor of
Science (Banking & Finance) from Ogun
State University, Post
Graduate Diploma (PGD)
fromUniversity of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) and HND (Distinction) in
Accountancy from the
prestigious Institute of Management and
Technology, Enugu. A member of various
professional bodies
includingChartered Institute of
Accountancy, Nigeria (ICAN) and Chartered Institute of Bankers
of Nigeria (CIBN),Mr. Ogah has attended several Senior
Management
Development
programmes both locally
and abroad.
.Uche is a seasoned
banker and a go-getter.
He was a Business Focus
Group Head withZenith Bank Plc. His areas of core competence are
Business Development,
Internal Control, Human
Resources and Strategic
planning. Mr. Ogah won several awards inZenith Bank Plc. He was the highest award winning staff in
2004 including MD/CEO
commendation; the best
overall Branch Manager
in 2006 and Special
commendations from the MD/CEO for
managing the fastest
growing branch of the
Bank.Mr. Ogah is a member of various
professional bodies and
associations
Re: THINK ABIA! Dr Alex Otti by onyfrank: 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ahia omaaa na ere onwe ya, Dr Alex Otti -i -i, ahia oma na ere onwe ya, adighi ekwe ya onu u-u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... / How Many States Have Peter Obi Gotten 25% / PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.