Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? (2070 Views)

FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup / Caf Unveil 2014 World Cup Qualifying Format / Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by shumuel(m): 11:34am On Jul 02, 2014
Tim Howard, Guillermo Ochoa, Julio Cesar and Vincent Enyeama.

In this year World cup some goal keepers have showed the world that not only strikers or mid-fielders can be the man of the match or the best player on the field. Some deserves an honorary medals like the above metioned keepers, so who do you think among these best Four should FIFA Honour ?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by QweenMercy(f): 11:37am On Jul 02, 2014
Who else if nt d Hero himself...the grt saver...VINCENT ENYEAMA

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by colossus2: 11:41am On Jul 02, 2014
You no go let the world cup finish before you begin find who be the best undecided
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by shumuel(m): 12:00pm On Jul 02, 2014
colo$$u$:
You no go let the world cup finish before you begin find who be the best undecided

thats because the best keepers are already out of the World cup, only Julios left.
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by majamajic(m): 12:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
For now its tim howard, 15 saves against Belgium only.
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by majamajic(m): 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
shumuel:

thats because the best keepers are already out of the World cup, only Julios left.

The award can still go to a looser team , when the final best 11 comes out u will see players that didn't even play in semi finals.
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by shumuel(m): 12:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
majamajic:

The award can still go to a looser team , when the final best 11 comes out u will see players that didn't even play in semi finals.

datz what am saying, these are the four best in 2014WC
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by colossus2: 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
shumuel:

And where did you place Hugo Lloris and Manuel Neuer undecided
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by colossus2: 1:53pm On Jul 02, 2014
QweenMercy: Who else if nt d Hero himself...the grt saver...VINCENT ENYEAMA
Guillermo Ochoa conceded just 3goals in the tournament (1 in group stage, 2 in knockout phase) and you say Enyeama is the best shocked
Enyeama was outstanding but not better than Ochoa.
Even Rais M'bolhi was outstanding.
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
The top ones are
Enyeama
Ochoa
Howard
Navas (costa rica)
Neuer
Mbohli
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by QweenMercy(f): 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
colo$$u$:

Guillermo Ochoa conceded just 3goals in the tournament (1 in group stage, 2 in knockout phase) and you say Enyeama is the best shocked

Our thinking is diff....One man's food itz anoda Man poison..Shey U get?
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by cheguevera: 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2014
TIM HOWARD FOR PRESIDENT 2016
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by omar22(m): 5:36pm On Jul 02, 2014
colo$$u$:

And where did you place Hugo Lloris and Manuel Neuer undecided

I thought Neuer was a Sweeper?
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by ebamma(m): 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2014
Keylor Navas is still number 1 for me
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by colossus2: 6:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
omar22:

I thought Neuer was a Sweeper?
Lolz....sure
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by colossus2: 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2014
QweenMercy:

Our thinking is diff....One man's food itz anoda Man poison..Shey U get?
Oh I get!!!
Very soon you will tell me that someone who failed 5 courses is better than someone who failed 3 courses.
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by M4gunners: 8:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
For the remaining Teams, i gave it to Neuer
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
colo$$u$:

You keep on using number of goals conceded. it is not reliable. Tim Howards conceded two goals against Belgium yet he made more than 15 saves in that match. Howards has set a world record for the most saves in a singular world cup match yet he conceded 6 goals in four matches. I bet he is presently rated above Ochoa who conceded just 3. It is by the number of saves not goals conceded.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by colossus2: 5:16am On Jul 03, 2014
hifaif:

You keep on using number of goals conceded. it is not reliable. Tim Howards conceded two goals against Belgium yet he made more than 15 saves in that match. Howards has set a world record for the most saves in a singular world cup match yet he conceded 6 goals in four matches. I bet he is presently rated above Ochoa who conceded just 3. It is by the number of saves not goals conceded.
He's not rated above Ochoa anyway. Why I brought the issue of goals up was cos someone rated Enyeama above Ochoa.
Ochoa conceded less goals and made more saves compared to Enyeama.
I'm not saying Howard and Enyeama were not excellent cool
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by shumuel(m): 8:13am On Jul 03, 2014
i came across, 'i blive' the Fifa 11 of 2014 and Ochoa was the Goal keeper.
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by tuffgongjo(m): 8:19am On Jul 03, 2014
shumuel:

.u are wrong we still have Kaylor Navas of Costa Rica.
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by shumuel(m): 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
who do u tink whould remain after d Q-finals ?
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by tuffgongjo(m): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
M4gunners: For the remaining Teams, i gave it to Neuer
.julio ceaser has performed better than Neuer so far,not saying he aren't good though.
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by Princecalm(m): 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ochoa of course
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by shumuel(m): 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
tuffgongjo: .julio ceaser has performed better than Neuer so far,not saying he aren't good though.

i was thinking the same too o
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by tuffgongjo(m): 7:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
shumuel:
i was thinking the same too o
.against Portugal he was a spectator,against Ghana baba no too try,but Julio has been saving the brazilian defense line errors.IMO
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by seankay(m): 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
colo$$u$:

He's not rated above Ochoa anyway. Why I brought the issue of goals up was cos someone rated Enyeama above Ochoa.
Ochoa conceded less goals and made more saves compared to Enyeama.
I'm not saying Howard and Enyeama were not excellent cool
I must be having problem with my ear cos I think I heard the commentator say Enyeama had highest number of saves so far at d tournament against France
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by M4gunners: 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
tuffgongjo: .julio ceaser has performed better than Neuer so far,not saying he aren't good though.
Your opinion ba?
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by tuffgongjo(m): 8:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
M4gunners: Your opinion ba?
.yeah
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by shumuel(m): 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
Julio still in the Game, Navas gone
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by Emmaesty(f): 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
For me, It's that Costa rican keeper. E be like say the guy dey use jazz
Re: Who Is Your Best Goal Keeper Of The 2014 World Cup ? by tuffgongjo(m): 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
M4gunners: For the remaining Teams, i gave it to Neuer
.u don't "gave" u can "give"(present not past tense).

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will the Super Eagles Make the 2006 Soccer World Cup? / ~ England Pool Winning Solution Formula Join The Trend Of Poology ~ / See What Cristiano Ronaldo Told Fernando Torres When They Clashed Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.