Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans (25002 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: New FIFA President Has Just Been Elected! / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by koredelomo(m): 10:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
Mikel has just got lots of hits here and there as far as his performance in the ongoning wold cup in brazil is concerned. To me his performance is well below average for a player of his status.
He really showed us his not the kinda player we think he is, going back to chelsea and standing his ground will take a lot to achive,based on his performance lately.

11 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by bamishow(m): 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2014
Mikel is nothing but a flop.....his days are numbered @CFC

26 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by koredelomo(m): 5:20am On Jul 03, 2014
bamishow: Mikel is nothing but a flop.....his days are numbered @CFC
you guess is as good as mine not wit the recent signing of fabrigas

1 Like

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by justi4jesu(f): 5:51am On Jul 03, 2014
yes....he is just a SNAIL

27 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by DEngineer(m): 5:52am On Jul 03, 2014
I hate his tactics especially back passes......e may b overrated

1 Like

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by kobonaire(m): 5:53am On Jul 03, 2014
So Chelsea will be paying him because of NL Chelsea fans? What mugûness be this oh?
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by wisolf(m): 5:55am On Jul 03, 2014
I'm a chelsea fan but d truth must be told,Mikel has failed woefully 2 improve as a player,I hope he buys a seatbelt 4 his bench position in chelsea while coming back..

76 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by eph12(m): 5:56am On Jul 03, 2014
Very overrated. I just hate him

3 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 03, 2014
HE IS THE BIGGEST FRAUD OF THE CENTURY....END OF....HE LACKS FOOTBALL SENSE AND HE IS AS SLUGGISH AS A SLOTH

25 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by 9jahubcom(m): 5:58am On Jul 03, 2014
abeg ee
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by hardizzle: 5:58am On Jul 03, 2014
Mikel's fan shld b ashame of him, real flop

3 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Danielotuya(m): 5:58am On Jul 03, 2014
Truth be said, if u watched d Youth Championshp dat brought Mikel to d limelight,u will knw dat boy had d talent to be one of d best midfielders in d world. I really think d transfer to Chelsea didnt help in his development, and add to what seems to be his attitude. Watch Messi and you will still see d desire to do more, achieve more bt Mikel, jezzz he plays like he owns Nigeria alredi.

So to answer your questn, chelsea fans will alws protect their own bt yes...they over-rate it

36 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by 3Dimension: 5:58am On Jul 03, 2014
Costa had a Bad world cup appearance too was Costa overrated by athletico fans?

OP ur arguement has an undertone In respect to chelsea. YES.

Truth is Mikel has refuse to develop as a player and its evident even @ the club side.
Mikel at the afcon 2013 was better then the Mikel @ World Cup.

He has had is own moment too.

10 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 03, 2014
Mikelis Obilis..smh..he ended his career the very day he moved to chelsea..and to think that some chelsea fans were screaming "robbery" when he lost the african's best to yaya toure..lol..

16 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Asek1(m): 5:59am On Jul 03, 2014
Yes! angry
He is just plain overated.
I pity him sha cos with his performance, he has solidified his bench warming role. I trust Mourinho on that

3 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Lilprincey(m): 6:00am On Jul 03, 2014
Mikel is a gud player but was a complete mess at the world cup...if he stays at chelsea nah only league one cup dat guy go d play #fact#

2 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by hensben(m): 6:00am On Jul 03, 2014
as for me, mikel is overrated, you know, our players do excel at under 17 and 20 because they are playing with real under age meanwhile, they themselves are overage for the tournament(i.e, they are stronger)and are still hungry for money so they play with their heart but after those stage, they face their real peer group and fade out as a player
back to mikel, he was lucky to have a good football agent(danny shittu), who hyped him to stardom.

12 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 03, 2014
IHEANACHO IS 100times BETTER THAN MIKEL...

Mikel is a MONKEY POST/FOUR POST kind of player...

Nff/chelsea should pls reserve him for ONLY a monkey post tourney...if there is any...

They should even make him the SKIPPER gan sef!!!!!!!

16 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Yoney007(f): 6:03am On Jul 03, 2014
They know better now grin

2 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by NickiRoman: 6:03am On Jul 03, 2014
I don't hate him but I do think he is overrated

3 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by metorichmond(m): 6:03am On Jul 03, 2014
Yes he is overrated, mikel killed is own career with his own hand..... meanwhile brothers n sisters today is ma bthday, kindly help me thank the Lord for adding another year to maa years. HBD TO ME.

76 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by abdulkayus(m): 6:03am On Jul 03, 2014
It still use to baffled me that its this same Mikel that was second to Messi in 2005 that he has now retrogress while Messi keep on progressing, law of inverse proportion. I felt pity and also partially blame Chelsea and Mourinho for his decline. Mikel is lazy and need to buckle up

10 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by pelvicky(m): 6:03am On Jul 03, 2014
wetin concern me,,wen enyeama or wat..cn u jst imagine fumble wit france

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by abdulkayus(m): 6:04am On Jul 03, 2014
abdulkayus: It still use to baffled me that its this same Mikel that was second to Messi in 2005 that he has now retrogress while Messi keep on progressing, law of inverse proportion. I felt pity and also partially blame Chelsea and Mourinho for his decline. Mikel is lazy and need to buckle up
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by hensben(m): 6:05am On Jul 03, 2014
tsolz84: Mikelis Obilis..smh..he ended his career the very day he moved to chelsea..and to think that some chelsea fans were screaming "robbery" when he lost the african's best to yaya toure..lol..
bro mikel should be gratetful he chose chelsea instead man u, if he were to been in man u SAF would sell him for long, who knows, mikel would have been playing for division 2 in england or cardiff city, what i am trying to say is that, chelsea as a club, have a good relationship and believe in african players thats what is keeping mikel till now.

6 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by sohl7(m): 6:06am On Jul 03, 2014
He is overrated.don't know the reason why keshi used him throughout.

1 Like

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Fatdon(m): 6:06am On Jul 03, 2014
This is what John Obi Mike is like to me.

20 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by listica(m): 6:07am On Jul 03, 2014
Mikel hahahahahahaha man united 4 life,Mikel football died many years ago.4 me,Mikel is mothern 37 years old,world cup revealed everything about age in Mikel

1 Like

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by alotofgrace(m): 6:08am On Jul 03, 2014
ferarri with keke napep engine

3 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by konjakonja(m): 6:08am On Jul 03, 2014
Mikel na confirm JB

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 03, 2014
Mikel is not overrated by Chelsea fans, majority of Chelsea fans dislike the guy including myself. He has already lost his place in the Chelsea team to Matic, to me Mikel is a big flop.

2 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by abdulkayus(m): 6:09am On Jul 03, 2014
hensben: as for me, mikel is overrated, you know, our players do excel at under 17 and 20 because they are playing with real under age meanwhile, they themselves are overage for the tournament(i.e, they are stronger) but after those stage, they face their real peer group and fade out as a player
back to mikel, he was lucky to have a good football agent(danny shittu), who hyped him to stardom.

I love this. Many of our U17 and U20 are far way above their claimed age. That is y after a while they start declinin while their counterparts in other countries at d youth championship keep on progressin for many years. Where is Stanley Okoro now.
Am sure many African players reduce their age by 7 to 10 years.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup / Meet Asisat Oshoala's Mother In Her Shop (Photos) / Wayne Rooney Announces Retirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.