Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba (1351 Views)

The Niger Delta Avengers Dares Buhari, Vows To Cripple Nigeria's Economy / Airforce Junction In Port Harcourt Flooded (Photos) / Ige Street At Iyana Ipaja Flooded After Rains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba by NewNigeriaMind: 10:17am On Jul 03, 2014
Today in Nigeria, there are governors who use chattered aircrafts for their journeys that amount to billions of naira, tax-payers’ money, in order to equivocate travelling on the pit-of-hell called Nigerian roads that the governments have refused to construct or reconstruct.

In the city of Aba, Abia State, Odimegwu Onwumere, a Port Harcourt-based media expert took this picture of a cripple in his wheelchair struggling through a flooded road at Omuma Road of the area.

Source: Ladun Liadi Blog

My Opinion:

Until every Nigerian begin to realize it is foolhardy supporting any party in Nigeria is the day we will begin to demand what is right and just from our leaders. The ruling elite in Nigeria are taking us for granted. This is 2014 and it will appear Nigeria roads are in the 1960s. Yet every month these state governors run to Abuja for allocation and every year the ministry of works budget billions of naira for road. so I ask where are the roads.

Before you all castigate me, I know the government is trying, but there is still a big room for improvement. if only the power at the top will realize corruption is stealing and that is why nothing works in any state in Nigeria.

Kudos to the few doing the right thing.

Re: Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 03, 2014
Governor of abia state, T.A Orji is a dumb A$$... Quote me anywhere... I reside in aba and can confirm that what the OP said is true and undisputable... The governor has spent over 8yrs in office without providing the primary need of the masses(social amenities)

#T.A-ORJI-SHOULD-BE-PROBED

3 Likes

Re: Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba by Polaris1: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2014
Did that pickup driving alongside stop to render a helping hand?
If he has done that, this picture would have made my day. sad
Re: Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba by lakpalakpa: 10:44am On Jul 03, 2014
APC has brought untold poverty to Ibo land.

No room for APC in AlaIbo..

Jona-daft/PDP till suffer kill una!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 03, 2014
I really want to be governor one day, maybe governor of Delta or Lagos.

I really want to alleviate all the pains of the people caused by ineffective administration.

Money has never been my problem, and I will pray to God to keep my eyes on him, so that money wouldn't blind me.

I want to execute all the brilliant plans most nairalanders have, and all those with commonsense.

I want to make my white friends in the U.S and U.K jealous of my country, or at least maybe just my state.

I'm talking:
-Sealed up drainages like in the U.k were ppl can walk on them confidently and not just slabs.

-Education for all children, because I'll be damned if someone can buy a vote of one of the denizens of my state with bags of rice.

-Law and f**king Order, because again I'll be damned if hawking, reckless driving, thugging, and other lawless acts are free to go unpunished in my state.

I pray a nairalander(not just me) with good intentions gets to the mantle one day.

1 Like

Re: Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 03, 2014
lakpa lakpa: APC has brought untold poverty to Ibo land.

No room for APC in AlaIbo..

Jona-daft/PDP till suffer kill una!!!

grin grin grin grin grin
The PDP government of T.A Orji has ruined Abia state, the erstwhile commercial capital of iboland.
unfortunately the politically naive ibos would still vote for PDP in the next election

2 Likes

Re: Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
Flood is normal in SW, yet these mofos came here to report a set city .
smh

5 Likes

Re: Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
This is just a flooded street in Aba but in Ibadam 12 people died because couldnt fix a 7feet bridge and citizens resorted to makeshift bridges in plank form yet this tigerclawed faces will not cover thier face in shame.

Evergreen123: Flood is normal in SW, yet these mofos cane here to report a set city .
smh

5 Likes

Re: Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
one thing I know for sure....

T.A orji would die a shameful death.
Re: Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba by etebefia: 12:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
no proof to show that is aba, nevertheless T.A orji is a goat.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
Shameful.
Re: Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba by eggheaders(m): 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
Evergreen123: Flood is normal in SW, yet these mofos cane here to report a set city .
smh

cane here? ngozieverolodo you need new set of goat brain. flood wey finish aguleri and umuleri last year ko?? how far with the erosion everywhere in alaigbo.

1 Like

Re: Photo: A Cripple Struggling Through A Flooded Road In Aba by NewNigeriaMind: 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
OkijaAmaka: This is just a flooded street in Aba but in Ibadam 12 people died because couldnt fix a 7feet bridge and citizens resorted to makeshift bridges in plank form yet this tigerclawed faces will not cover thier face in shame.

You need deliverance

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Transformation Ambassadors Of Nigeria (TAN) / Bomb Blast In Kaduna / We Grind Human Heads To Make Powder For Ladies - Native Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.