Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,079 members, 7,957,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:51 AM

Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe (1660 Views)

Mugabe's Lavish $1m 92nd Birthday Celebration-Photos / 92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2014

PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe on Wednesday ratcheted up pressure against few hundred white remaining farmers saying they too must go adding whites would no longer be allowed to own land in Zimbabwe.

In an address filled with anti-western rhetoric at the launch of the A1 Model Settlement Tenure Permit in the Zanu PF heartland of Mashonaland West, Mugabe said Zimbabwe was no country for whites as far as the land was concerned.

“There are white farmers who are still on the land and have the protection of some cabinet ministers and politicians as well as traditional leaders,” he said.

“That should never happen and we will deal with ministers but as for our chiefs we do not want to harass you.

“Chief Charumbira (Fortune and president of chief’s council), you need to help us on this one because we respect you and your members. We do not want trouble.”

He added: “I have been given a list of 35 white farmers in Mashonaland West alone and in just a few districts that have been audited. We say no to whites owning our land and they
should go.

“They can own companies and apartments in our towns and cities but not the soil. It is ours and that message should ring loud and clear in Britain and the United States.”

The new tenure system will confirm land ownership and, according to Mugabe, the government will create modalities within the financial services sector to allow farmers to access
funding.

In typical anti-western rhetoric Mugabe took a dig at former British Premier Tony Blair.

“We had an agreement with the Margaret Thatcher government and when Tony Blair came he reneged on that agreement. I pleaded with him to review his decision but he
was a boy from the street with no experience so he stuck to his guns,” said the veteran leader.

“I was not amused and told him to keep his England and we would keep our Zimbabwe. We will not pay for our land and we will not ask our people to pay for it because they never
paid for it in the first place.

“They were selling to each other amongst themselves and we will not recognise any of that nonsense. They were living like kings and queens on our land and we chucked them out. Now
we want all of it.”

Mugabe’s latest pronouncements are likely to send jitters across the agricultural sector and the remaining white commercial farmers some who have argued that they never
benefitted from colonialism.

At the turn of the century, Mugabe unleashed veterans of the country’s liberation struggle on the country’s white commercial farming sector at a time his hold on power was threatened by the emergence of a strong opposition in the form of the MDC led by firebrand unionist Morgan Tsvangirai.

What followed was a chaotic and violent exercise which saw a handful of white farmers killed in a development that angered the West which reacted with devastating sanctions.

Destruction of a once thriving agricultural sector and the impact of the sanctions triggered a decade-long economic recession that forced millions of Zimbabwe to leave the
country.

Mugabe has argued that he is correcting colonial land imbalances skewed in favour of a few thousand white farmers.
Source
Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by gunuvi(m): 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
God bless you Mr Mugabe. anyone that has been to Zimbabwe or cape town will know that's the best decision

2 Likes

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 04, 2014
gunuvi: God bless you Mr Mugabe. anyone that has been to Zimbabwe or cape town will know that's the best decision
Really? How?
Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 04, 2014
imagine the US telling all black farmers to leave, things like this are supposed to happen tens of years ago not now.i think he's still living in the ancient world. there're better ways to drive them away without insults.

3 Likes

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by iconize(m): 5:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
Southern African leaders are just dumb to the bone. Will sending back white farmers make Zimbabweans to stop buying bread at 1billion zimbabwean dollars per loaf?

2 Likes

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by OmoLisabi(m): 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
Elliotwiz1: imagine the US telling all black farmers to leave, things like this are supposed to happen tens of years ago not now.i think he's still living in the ancient world. there're better ways to drive them away without insults.
The current US inhabitants are not the owners of the land, the real owners are the red indians

4 Likes

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 10, 2014
OmoLisabi: The current US inhabitants are not the owners of the land, the real owners are the red indians
that's obvious you need not mention it.
Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by igbo2011(m): 3:05am On Jul 11, 2014
Elliotwiz1: imagine the US telling all black farmers to leave, things like this are supposed to happen tens of years ago not now.i think he's still living in the ancient world. there're better ways to drive them away without insults.

Africans were there first the Europeans stole the land. How much land do Africans own in Europe? Why do Europeans want to own us but they will not allow us to own there?

4 Likes

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Garvey1: 4:23am On Jul 11, 2014
Drive the white dogs out!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
igbo2011:

Africans were there first the Europeans stole the land. How much land do Africans own in Europe? Why do Europeans want to own us but they will not allow us to own there?
Africans Don't Own Lands In Europe Because They Don't Have The Money And Not Because They're Banned From OwnIng Them. You Dig?

3 Likes

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by charlos14: 2:21am On Jul 12, 2014
Apatheist:
Source

WOW, I am still surprised at the level of ignorance displayed here.....Those farmers happen to be white Africans.......where the Bleep would they go to?

#dumb-ass Mugabe

1 Like

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Garvey1: 5:52am On Jul 12, 2014
They can go back to Europe. To be African mean you belong to a Specific ethnic group. That is like saying a Black European.They are Europeans born in Africa because there fore parents were colonisers. It always amaze me that these whites talk about how underdeveloped Africa is yet you all won't leave?You believe your own lies.

1 Like

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 12, 2014
charlos14:

WOW, I am still surprised at the level of ignorance displayed here.....Those farmers happen to be white Africans.......where the Bleep would they go to?

#dumb-ass Mugabe
Thank you.
The level of ignorance here is stifling.
Everyone is praising Mugarbage.
If Europe did it, they'll be shouting racism.
Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Garvey1: 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
What about the land thief Cecil Rhodes?You Europeans need to go back to your modernized Europe and leave us uncivilized Africans alone....we don't need your help it is not benefiting Africans it only benefit you..
Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
Garvey1: What about the land thief Cecil Rhodes?You Europeans need to go back to your modernized Europe and leave us uncivilized Africans alone....we don't need your help it is not benefiting Africans it only benefit you..
What of the land thieves, the Bantus of Southern Africa? The land they claim do not belong to them, it belongs to the Khoisan, yet they claim it, and are xenophobic. An African is set on fire everyday in Johannesburg. You do not talk about that.

You said they should leave Africa? How many Europeans are in the whole of Africa? How many Africans are in the USA alone? Find the figures, then shut up.

1 Like

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Garvey1: 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
Africa for the Africans.....those at home and those abroad.......words of Marcus Garvey.....Father of African Nationalism.....
Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
Garvey1: Africa for the Africans.....those at home and those abroad.......words of Marcus Garvey.....Father of African Nationalism.....
Europe for the Europeans!
So white people can kill niggers and send them back to Africa? smiley
Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
“I have given my life to alleviate the sufferings of Africa. There is something that all White men who have lived here like I have must learn and know: that these individuals are a sub-race. They have neither the mental or emotional abilities to equate or share equally with White men in any functions of our civilization. I have given my life to try to bring unto them the advantages which our civilization must offer, but I have become well aware that we must retain this status: White the superior, and they the inferior. For whenever a White man seeks to live among them as their equals, they will destroy and devour him, and they will destroy all his work. And so for any existing relationship or any benefit to these people, let White men, from anywhere in the world, who would come to help Africa, remember that you must maintain this status: you the master and they the inferior, like children whom you would help or teach. Never fraternize with them as equals. Never accept them as your social equals or they will devour you. They will destroy you.”

-- Dr. Albert Schweitzer-
Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Garvey1: 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
You revealing your true colors now.

1 Like

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
Garvey1: You revealing your true colors now.
I had fake colors before?

1 Like

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Garvey1: 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
Your sick tongue!!!
Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
Garvey1: Your You're sick tongue!!!
Thank me later. smiley

1 Like

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Garvey1: 11:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
You are trying to judge my intelligence by how well I have command if the English language.I don't pride myself on how well I have command of the slave master's tongue.
Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
Elliotwiz1: Africans Don't Own Lands In Europe Because They Don't Have The Money And Not Because They're Banned From OwnIng Them. You Dig?
You think the whites in Zimbabwe acquired those lands with money? Dumbito x1000.

3 Likes

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
charlos14:

#dumb-ass Mugabe
White Africans my asssssss. They are the most racist set of people you could ever hope to meet. Since they are white Africans to you, go dash them your village land.

1 Like

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
Prior to the land reform programme, one white guy would own a vast estate in Zimbabwe, crawling with black servants dressed in white uniforms, smiling from ear to ear, and serving tea and biscuits to all white visitors to the estate. The estate would contain golf courses, tennis courts, lakes, farms and multiple buildings. Sometimes the white landowner would not even live in Zimbabwe. He might even be a member of the House of Lords in the UK. Meanwhile blacks had no such luxury, struggling to survive on a mere pittance as servants, or as peasants tilling marginal, rejected soils. Comrade Mugabe put an end to all that and said "Not in Zimbabwe".

4 Likes

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
ROSSIKE: You think the whites in Zimbabwe acquired those lands with money? Dumbito x1000.
told you not to insult me when quoting me but it seems you never learn.you must learn to respect the idea of your opponent!.

on your question, do you think all the blacks living in the southern part of the united states of america all used money to buy the houses they live in?nope some were inherited. same way the whites inherited theirs in zim.

2 Likes

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by morpheus24: 5:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
Elliotwiz1: told you not to insult me when quoting me but it seems you never learn.you must learn to respect the idea of your opponent!.
on your question, do you think all the blacks living in the southern part of the united states of america all used money to buy the houses they live in?nope some were inherited. same way the whites inherited theirs in zim.

Elliotwiz

The descendants of the white settlers who followed cecil rhodes in his quest of british imperialism are who you are refering to as "white Africans". These people have no culturual or spiritual affinity to the land they presumably "bought" and conviniently refer to themselves as such only for the economic benefits they attain from the resources they control in Africa.

African Americans on the other hand were forcefully removed from their homelands without consent or any sense of a better life where they were gong to, treated like scum for decades despite all the "labour" they put into building America an only just in recent history have been afforded equal rights as other Americans.

There is no comparison. Apples and oranges my friend.
Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
morpheus24:

Elliotwiz

The descendants of the white settlers who followed cecil rhodes in his quest of british imperialism are who you are refering to as "white Africans". These people have no culturual or spiritual affinity to the land they presumably "bought" and conviniently refer to themselves as such only for the economic benefits they attain from the resources they control in Africa.

African Americans on the other hand were forcefully removed from their homelands without consent or any sense of a better life where they were gong to, treated like scum for decade
what's the difference? it's called naturalization once you stay in a country for a certain number of years you automatically become recognized as a citizen of that country. mugabe made this law because he's trying to kick back at america, their sanctions made his country a currencyless country and he's trying to kick back. and his method of kicking back is barbaric.

1 Like

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by igbo2011(m): 5:06am On Jul 16, 2014
ROSSIKE: Prior to the land reform programme, one white guy would own a vast estate in Zimbabwe, crawling with black servants dressed in white uniforms, smiling from ear to ear, and serving tea and biscuits to all white visitors to the estate. The estate would contain golf courses, tennis courts, lakes, farms and multiple buildings. Sometimes the white landowner would not even live in Zimbabwe. He might even be a member of the House of Lords in the UK. Meanwhile blacks had no such luxury, struggling to survive on a mere pittance as servants, or as peasants tilling marginal, rejected soils. Comrade Mugabe put an end to all that and said "Not in Zimbabwe".

Have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3aGgktbGyY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HZfDKTdJto

1 Like

Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Rossikki: 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
morpheus24:

Elliotwiz

African Americans on the other hand were forcefully removed from their homelands without consent or any sense of a better life where they were gong to, treated like scum for decades despite all the "labour" they put into building America an only just in recent history have been afforded equal rights as other Americans.

There is no comparison. Apples and oranges my friend.
You have time, honestly.
Re: Remaining White Farmers Must Go- Mugabe by Rossikki: 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
Elliotwiz1: what's the difference? it's called naturalization once you stay in a country for a certain number of years you automatically become recognized as a citizen of that country. mugabe made this law because he's trying to kick back at america, their sanctions made his country a currencyless country and he's trying to kick back. and his method of kicking back is barbaric.
My God you're dumb. How old are you even? You don't sound like you're a day older than 12. Do us all a favour and stop posting. You really are stinking up the place with your horse manure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch Obama Shouting At Bill Clinton Recently On Air Force One / Female Secret Service Agent Hiding Behind Trump / American Police Brutality Of Black Teen (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.