Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? (22274 Views)

Former Tottenham Boss Favourite For Eagles Job / Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / Ross Berkley Of Everton Could Play For Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by lloydtruth: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
A top brass of the Nigeria Football Federation Federation (NFF), who lead the panel that interviewed Sunday Oliseh Six years ago for the Eagles job before Amodu Shuaibu was appointed head coach has exclusively, told SL10 on the condition of anonymity that most members of the NFF are leaning towards the Ex-Eagles captain taking over from Stephen Keshi and contrary to claims by the Keshi the NFF are not persuading him to stay despite offering him a new two year deal.

"It's not a secret that Sunday Oliseh is the anointed one among us at the NFF, and the reason is obvious six years ago with Keshi in attendance as well,Oliseh came out top after an interview session but we were scared of gambling on him because he has no coaching experience prior to that interview, we asked him to understudy Amodu Shuaibu but he refused"

"The closest after him was then under-23 coach Samson Siasia but at that time he was preparing the Olympic team for the Beijing Olympics and we asked him to pick one as he can't combine both, he opted for the Olympic team, We had no choice than to give it to Amodu Shuaibu"

"With all due respect to Keshi back then he came last in the interview among them all, but before Samson Siasia was appointed they were the only two in contention, so when Siasia failed we hired him but we still have it at the back of our mind that Sunday Oliseh will one day be our coach and there is no better time for it to come to pass than now"

On claims Keshi was been persuaded to continue in his role, our source said there is no substance to his claims.

"We have made our position known to Keshi two year deal with certain clauses accept it or leave it,we can't beg him or persuade him because he is not doing it for free, he gets paid for his job and if the conditions are not favourable to him we have options and Oliseh is our top choice."

http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/south-africa/sunday-oliseh-in-pole-position-for-super-eagles-job/168104

12 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Isiterere(m): 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
let's see how he will turn analysis to coaching

Without any effort and for the FUN of it; FTC

ALL IZZ WELL

8 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by jnrbayano(m): 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sunday Oliseh to me look a perfect fit for the Eagles.

The few times he was at Supersport as one of the analysts, he showed that he has knowledge of the game. His ideology is one who believes that proper players ought to be fielded to achieve result because football is such a result oriented game.

I have also heard him talk about tactics, technicalities of the game and that in my opinion is what has plagued African football. The vast majority of Nigerians are only concerned with "ifs" and "what ifs", juju, fortune-telling, reaping where they have not sown, permutations, luck etc over playing with the right attitude, training/practising right, selecting right, teamwork, proper study/knowledge of the opposition etc.

I think he will pay attention to every detail of each player, make them work on their set-play deliveries, work on our fullbacks/wingers crosses and overlaps etc.

With the experience of being the skipper of the Eagles at one time coupled with the training he got abroad, one would say our future looks bright.

He also has the banter to oust Mikel Obi or any other big name/ego player for that matter when they are below par just like Luis Filipe Scolari did to an in-form Romario in 2002 despite the president's plea for him to be selected, and with such defiance went on to win that world cup.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by naijagudz(m): 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
IF U WANT TO KNOWN ALL CAN'S OF FOOTBALL NEWS, POOL COUPON, MERRY BET AND WORLD CUP

ENTER HERE

¤ www.pooldraws.ml ¤
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by 190: 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
wow 4th to comment

slowly slowly i would make it

Its not easy doe but with God possible one day i go make first spot!

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by lalaboi(m): 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
Personally I feel Oliseh is a good 'Analyst'. He has no track record/Achievements in managing and i'd rather they employed someone who has experience than experiment wih Oliseh.

Who's suitable for the Job>? at the moment i dont see any Nigerian Coach on Keshi's level. For continuity sake? maybe just give Amokachi a chance. . The worst that could happen is a bad defence to the Afcon title. Then we can look at changing thing.

10 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by ojuafact: 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
This is mal insatiability in its sesquipedelian
bizzare velocity devoid of seraphic ethicality,
purity, perfectionistic perspicacity.

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by dejt4u(m): 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
Oliseh..my favourite

5 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by stevenson007: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Same old story. Let them try Jose Mourinho, and behold #Nigeria world champions. Come 2018.

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by dorange(m): 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Click like, if u want David Moyes as super eagles coach....lol....

28 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Onyefoto: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Well....i love d guy but keshi is stil my choice but if keshi refuses d offer den olise should....

5 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Willgates(m): 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
I know?

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by AbuMikey(m): 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
I like Sunday Oliseh sha.

Me thinks he's gonna make a good coach. cool

12 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by felai: 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hmmm, OLISEH

A JOKE I LIKE (Source Copied)

After their return from Brazil World cup, the Super Eagles were so ashamed of their defeat that they decided to disguise themselves so as not to be recognized. Mikel disguised himself as a monk and was walking on the street when suddenly an old lady walked up to him and said "Mikel how far na?". Mikel was so surprised that he ran away annoyed that the old woman could recognize him despite his disguise.
Disappointed, he went home and dressed as a pregnant woman, again he bumped into the same old lady and she said, "Mikel how far na, see as you just run the other day". Confused and frustrated Mikel asked "but mama how do you keep recognizing me despite my disguises"? The old lady replied: "Hahaha, Mikel na wa for you oh, look me well na, It's me Yobo" grin grin grin

55 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Osyxcel(m): 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
I like Sunday Oliseh tho

6 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by SpanishExpat(m): 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
Perhaps the spanish coach? Del Bosque.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by gbeseun(m): 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
Bring back siasia

12 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by rattlesnake(m): 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
i hope he has a shield
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Onyefoto: 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
dorange: Click like, if u want David Moyes as super eagles coach....lol....
holy ghost!....fire!!

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by EmmaOgbu(m): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2014

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by iceberylin(m): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
uhmmm..its awkward buh i prefer Okocha Jay Jay

4 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by AwesomeRomeo: 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
No! I prefer Okocha to take super Eagles.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by saasala(m): 8:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
He is overrated. Let GEJ put a beggy call to Keshi to come back. Please read this interesting article on Keshi and his achievement, you will know his kind is rare to come by. Read it here: http://www..com/groups/football/forum/topic/stephen-keshi-troublemaker-pathfinder-legend/

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by dabossman(m): 8:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
lloydtruth:

"We have made our position known to Keshi two year deal with certain clauses accept it or leave it,we can't beg him or persuade him because he is not doing it for free, he gets paid for his job and if the conditions are not favourable to him we have options and Oliseh is our top choice."

http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/south-africa/sunday-oliseh-in-pole-position-for-super-eagles-job/168104

Point of correction, he gets owed for several months to do his job.

15 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Onyefoto: 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
felai: Hmmm, OLISEH

A JOKE I LIKE

After their return from Brazil World cup, the Super Eagles were so ashamed of their defeat that they decided to disguise themselves so as not to be recognized. Mikel disguised himself as a monk and was walking on the street when suddenly an old lady walked up to him and said "Mikel how far na?". Mikel was so surprised that he ran away annoyed that the old woman could recognize him despite his disguise.
Disappointed, he went home and dressed as a pregnant woman, again he bumped into the same old lady and she said, "Mikel how far na, see as you just run the other day". Confused and frustrated Mikel asked "but mama how do you keep recognizing me despite my disguises"? The old lady replied: "Hahaha, Mikel na wa for you oh, look me well na, It's me Yobo" grin grin grin
though funny but stil abusive,they tried,i see no reason y dey shuld be ashamed

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Ezioku247: 8:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
Yes oliseh!

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Ajibel(m): 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
These guys that havent even coached any clubside in Nigerian league sef...

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by AwesomeRomeo: 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
190: wow 4th to comment

slowly slowly i would make it

Its not easy doe but with God possible one day i go make first spot!
. And what will be the benefit?
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
Give the job to me, I promise to make the Super Eagles the best team on earth.......
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by hensben(m): 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
felai: Hmmm, OLISEH

A JOKE I LIKE (Source Copied)

this shiiiiit is stale already

8 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Eyepencil: 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
I just shot my landlord now...please help me

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by hensben(m): 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
wrong choice if u ask me, we all know theory is different from practical, so he wouldnt do jack with the SE

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Offers Alvaro Morata Plus €55m For Gonzalo Higuain and Daniele Rugani / Taiye Taiwo Joins Swiss Club Lausanne Sport(photos) / Elderson Echiejile Releases New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.