Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,894 members, 7,844,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? (22280 Views)

Former Tottenham Boss Favourite For Eagles Job / Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / Ross Berkley Of Everton Could Play For Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by dapsoneh: 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
ojuafact: This is mal insatiability in its sesquipedelian
bizzare velocity devoid of seraphic ethicality,
purity, perfectionistic perspicacity.
bros, av u taken ur pills 2day? Na so caze dey start oo

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by posquare(m): 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
Which ever way it goes is not my problem. all I need are result

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by texaco1: 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
abeltolu: Coaching is not all about analysis, it takes more than that.. It takes courage, good leadership as well to be a good coach.. If good analysts were better coaches, Andy Townsend of the English premier league should be a coach by now.
bros thank u jare , they don't know that it is very easy to sit down in a fully aircon ac studio and criticise,but when you are the one in the thick of it All it is a different issue entirely. We don't need a coach that will use our national team to gain experience or groom himself and that is what oliseh will do. Oliseh may be a good coach to a youth team but not yet the super eagles. When the chips are down it is experience that will set the pace . Amodu is even better than oliseh

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Fulaman198(m): 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
I think Oliseh would be a good coach, however he would need help from other members who were also a part of our excellent 94 and 98 teams. NFF needs more funding, and that funding needs to not be chopped by corrupt fools. We need to set up a scouting programme in Nigeria in all 36 states that analyses youths at an age of 5 to 15. With that, we will always have a strong football programme and people to replace elderly players wherever we want to.

We need to emphasis a stronger home league so that we do not have to rely on players who play in Europe. Nigeria's league should be as strong as Brazil, Argentina's and even Mexico's league. If Nigeria has a strong home league, we will always have a plethora of home based players to choose from.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by stagger: 9:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sunday Oliseh will never take the job. He makes far more money from the job he is doing with FIFA at the moment than would ever be paid him by the NFF. Who even wants to come back to suffer unpaid salaries for months on end like Siasia and Keshi endured?

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by asidere(m): 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
i would prefer that keshi should stay cos of continuity,if oliseh takes the job then there will be overhauling of the team and change of the long term plan of keshi 4 d eagles
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by shigoslim(m): 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
For you fans of keshi, am sorry keshi are'nt best coach. He won AFCON luckily, qualify for word cup narrowly escaped with controversial goal. Keshi simply lack tactical substitution, tactical way of converting chances to goal scoring. A case study Nigeria vs France, Nigeria vs Ethiopia e.t.c

For me siasa is the best man for the job.

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
felai: Hmmm, OLISEH

A JOKE I LIKE (Source Copied)

After their return from Brazil World cup, the Super Eagles were so ashamed of their defeat that they decided to disguise themselves so as not to be recognized. Mikel disguised himself as a monk and was walking on the street when suddenly an old lady walked up to him and said "Mikel how far na?". Mikel was so surprised that he ran away annoyed that the old woman could recognize him despite his disguise.
Disappointed, he went home and dressed as a pregnant woman, again he bumped into the same old lady and she said, "Mikel how far na, see as you just run the other day". Confused and frustrated Mikel asked "but mama how do you keep recognizing me despite my disguises"? The old lady replied: "Hahaha, Mikel na wa for you oh, look me well na, It's me Yobo" grin grin grin

Bros, no worry. U bad! Kai! U na rili badt guy!
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
If NFF like;make dem employ Mr Ibu;IDGAF!all i know is dat keshi and da modafuvkin Bull are killing our football...keshi aint gonna change if his contract gets renewed;his problem is hs ego;he wont invite the best players cox he feels dey re indiscipline;go to hell mofo...and dont 4get to take mikelis obilis;calamity yobo and invisible reuben along with you on your trip to hades

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by vislabraye(m): 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
felai: Hmmm, OLISEH

A JOKE I LIKE (Source Copied)

After their return from Brazil World cup, the Super Eagles were so ashamed of their defeat that they decided to disguise themselves so as not to be recognized. Mikel disguised himself as a monk and was walking on the street when suddenly an old lady walked up to him and said "Mikel how far na?". Mikel was so surprised that he ran away annoyed that the old woman could recognize him despite his disguise.
Disappointed, he went home and dressed as a pregnant woman, again he bumped into the same old lady and she said, "Mikel how far na, see as you just run the other day". Confused and frustrated Mikel asked "but mama how do you keep recognizing me despite my disguises"? The old lady replied: "Hahaha, Mikel na wa for you oh, look me well na, It's me Yobo" grin grin grin

Hahahahahha. I can't stop laughing.
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
Football as we know it is under 200 years. How long did it take all these countries to develop their coaches.?? When did football reach Brazil?Let us stick to NIGERIAN coaches that is the only way we will develop. If it takes us 50 years so be it. If you have a child you must allow him to learn how to eat by himself even if he pours some on the ground. There is no other way to develop. Compared to Nigeria of 1990 the fact that we have a KESHI today is PROGRESS. What did the other African Countries achieve with their foreign coaches and even better plyers -Cote d'Ivoire
There is always room for progress but we can do it. If we encourage our own in another 24 years we will tell another story. Right now the problem is we are not blessed with a goal scorer or any real world class talent but that is a grassroots issue not National coach issue. If we had the same caliber of players that Westerhof had; Ikpeba Okocha Finidi Oliseh it would have been different story.Musa is fast but is too small unfortunately .It says a lot that Osaze was one of our best. I think Keshi did very well.Imagine working fo an Employer that wants you to fail ,it is not easy.
I do not see Oliseh having good relationship with NFF and even with players because of pride and temper

4 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by emiye(m): 10:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
Good analysis on super sport does not necessarily translate to good national coach.

It might be a good gamble sha, i learnt he is also an UEFA certified coach

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by searay(m): 10:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
Be sincere to yourself, do you understand what you have posted above?

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by vislabraye(m): 10:18pm On Jul 03, 2014
shigo slim: For you fans of keshi, am sorry keshi are'nt best coach. He won AFCON luckily, qualify for word cup narrowly escaped with controversial goal. Keshi simply lack tactical substitution, tactical way of converting chances to goal scoring. A case study Nigeria vs France, Nigeria vs Ethiopia e.t.c

For me siasa is the best man for the job.
May be Siasia. At least he has some experience.
I'm not sure about Oliseh, though he looks polished and well spoken. He should have atleast gathered some experience under Shuaibu Amodu. The job I think he should be given now is the U23 or thereabout.
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by kobonaire(m): 10:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
Forgive my ignorance but has Oliseh actually coached any football team? He does have paper qualifications from what I read.
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by omajali2003(m): 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
;DWhy not Sunday Mba

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by vislabraye(m): 10:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
iwonbaoko: Football as we know it is under 200 years. How long did it take all these countries to develop their coaches.?? When did football reach Brazil?Let us stick to NIGERIAN coaches that is the only way we will develop. If it takes us 50 years so be it. If you have a child you must allow him to learn how to eat by himself even if he pours some on the ground. There is no other way to develop. Compared to Nigeria of 1990 the fact that we have a KESHI today is PROGRESS. What did the other African Countries achieve with their foreign coaches and even better plyers -Cote d'Ivoire
There is always room for progress but we can do it. If we encourage our own in another 24 years we will tell another story. Right now the problem is we are not blessed with a goal scorer or any real world class talent but that is a grassroots issue not National coach issue. If we had the same caliber of players that Westerhof had; Ikpeba Okocha Finidi Oliseh it would have been different story.Musa is fast but is too small unfortunately .It says a lot that Osaze was one of our best. I think Keshi did very well.Imagine working fo an Employer that wants you to fail ,it is not easy.
I do not see Oliseh having good relationship with NFF and even with players because of pride and temper

I agree with your last paragraph. Oliseh looks like someone who may not be able to handle conflict properly though he may be intelligent. I feel his first job should not be managing the senior National Team.
W
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Martini101(m): 10:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
For continuity sake Keshi should continue if he agrees. Oliseh might be good in Football analysis but coaching is an entirely different ball game.
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by sicily4u: 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
sack keshi, hire oliseh or foreign coach, we will keep on trying until we get it right, even if it will take us several years

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by nestaAK(m): 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
Has any one ever thought of Nwakwo Kanu as a fit forthe SE job

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by henryubani(m): 11:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
All we need is consistency in this coaching jon, keshi tried shaa he should be given room to harness the potentials of this players nd move ahead
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by tundabolt(m): 12:35am On Jul 04, 2014
so what have you said?
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by tundabolt(m): 12:43am On Jul 04, 2014
Talk is cheap! Bring back Siasia, He's. Still the right man for the job
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by PaulSteve: 3:24am On Jul 04, 2014
Keshi should be encouraged to continue with the SE! Consistency is key. We keep sacking and it's not in our best interest. The man has his lapses,but his ability far outweigh his inability. He's got the credentials joor.
All we need now is to strengthen our local league so we can have more options!
Just check out the south Americans..

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Godsdelite: 3:34am On Jul 04, 2014
why is no one in NFF revealing what those inserted clauses are? Hope it's not something like you must keep mute even if you are not paid for a year?
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by M4gunners: 5:09am On Jul 04, 2014
dorange: Click like, if u want David Moyes as super eagles coach....lol....
Chei i don die for laugh, David wetin? Keshi is 100*better dan that Clueless Moyes.
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by fydence: 5:22am On Jul 04, 2014
Na Oliseh I just dey sorry for... Oya make we dey watch oh..
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by dorange(m): 6:21am On Jul 04, 2014
M4gunners: Chei i don die for laugh, David wetin? Keshi is 100*better dan that Clueless Moyes.
lol, hope u know dere is GOD sha....David moyes sees the future.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by dohiswill: 8:42am On Jul 04, 2014
don't hirer a foreign coach that's my own. A foreign coach that will just come and be claming huge allowance for nothing but his afin colour
Re: Oliseh Favourite For Super Eagles Job? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 04, 2014
me personally like Oliseh and I do not think his lack of experience will hamper him.

I wish Keshi will come down from his ego trip and just do the job. If he refuse then let Oliseh carry on.

Being very tactical or a great strategist is a thing of the mind. It can be improved with years of experience but if you have not got it you just have not got it.

Coaches thrive on various qualities, some have charisma, some have a great philosophy, some are tacticians and some are just good men.

Sunday Oliseh will be a tactician. He has got the intelligence to be one. He is a great student of the game. If he is not given the Super Eagles job I hope he accepts to be an assistant or at least take Nigeria to Olympics in 2016. He needs to start from somewhere is he does not get the Eagles job.

I will not however advise him to go down to U-17 or U-20 level because he will not learn much at that level. Nigeria seems to do well at that level by default and I doubt Oliseh will learn much about himself working at that level

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Offers Alvaro Morata Plus €55m For Gonzalo Higuain and Daniele Rugani / Soldiers Brutalize FC Taraba Players For Protest Over Unpaid Salaries / Taiye Taiwo Joins Swiss Club Lausanne Sport(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.