Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,538 members, 7,823,353 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. (1897 Views)

Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence / Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by kurt09(m): 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Edo State Government has reversed the planned competency test for teachers in the state and recalled the 936 teachers whose names were deleted from the payroll over certificate discrepancies
and age falsification. Government also announced the immediate extension of the relativity to teachers in the state public schools. Making the announcements
Thursday, Governor Adams Oshiomhole during a meeting with the Nigeria Union of Teachers [NUT] and the Nigeria Labour Congress [NLC] said “On assumption of office, it was very clear to me and my colleagues that our future is defined by the level of investment in education and the quality of the basic education we provide for our children and that is why we have devoted resources to the rebuilding of our Primary Schools, Junior and Senior Secondary Schools. “For me, it was clear coming from my own background, I had obligation to restore dignity to the educational sector in the state. Basic education is like the foundation of a house. If the foundation is weak, the building will collapse but if the foundation be strong, it will withstand the test of time. It is easier to re
roof than to re build a complete house” He said the need to ensure the future of the
state is not by compromising the future of the Edo child, but the necessity and action to redefine the educational system in the state, He said this was why the state government was committed to carry out competency test. Oshiomhole however, noted that having discovered that some of our teachers were not qualified or up to date with recent teaching methods, government insisted that competency test must be seen in this light. “But having listened to all suggestions and consultations with various groups, government has agreed to set aside the competency or assessment test in order to re assure Edo workers that government has no intention to sack anyone”, he stressed.
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/edo-cancels-teachers-competency-test-recalls-936-sacked-teachers/182582/
Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by iluvnaija: 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
Medicine after death!

4 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by OmoLisabi(m): 8:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
iluvnaija: Medicine after death!
Go and d..
Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by Lusola15: 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
Why now grin grin

So who is clueless now cool

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by luvinhubby(m): 8:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
The era of postulating like the emperor of Edo state is over, now is Oshiomhole`s turn to curry the favour of the teachers, civil servants and the populace of Edo state that are grossly disgruntled against him.
Better late than never.

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by tit(f): 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
APC! OUT!

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by Nosurrenda: 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
Osho baba's days are numbered even his deputy speaker has decamped to PDP. Edo people says no to APC, a vote for APC is a vote for Boko haram.

4 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by 175(m): 8:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
The fear of what Civil Servants did to Fayemi in Ekiti is the begining of wisdom for these APC GAYvernos

5 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by kurt09(m): 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
175: The fear of what Civil Servants did to Fayemi in Ekiti is the begining of wisdom for these APC GAYvernos
APC GOVERNORS ARE CLUELESS O

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by kurt09(m): 8:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nosurrenda: Osho baba's days are numbered even his deputy speaker has decamped to PDP. Edo people says no to APC, a vote for APC is a vote for Boko haram.
Even two of his aides decamped to PDP yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by kurt09(m): 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
tit: APC! OUT!
Uprooting every supporter of APC spirits

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by kurt09(m): 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
After thought.
Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
Very disappointing.

So you mean even the teacher that couldn't read her own certificate will be allowed to teach? In the name of politics?

I'm fearful for Nigeria's future.

5 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by emiye(m): 1:42am On Jul 04, 2014
HNosegbe: Very disappointing.

So you mean even the teacher that couldn't read her own certificate will be allowed to teach? In the name of politics?

I'm fearful for Nigeria's future.
A big shame.

I guess Lagbaja was not wrong calling us Mumugerians.

We all want positive change, thinking it will come via mystic forces . SMH. Renowned Chike obi recommended a benevolent dictator as the best for Nigeria, he is probably right

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by OmoLisabi(m): 2:54am On Jul 04, 2014
emiye: A big shame.

We all want positive change, thinking it will come via mystic forces . SMH. Renowned Chike obi recommended a benevolent dictator as the best for Nigeria, he is probably right
What Nigeria needs is a sincere and decisive military dictator that civil servants will not be able to vote out when he start doing things they way it ought to be done.
Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by kurt09(m): 7:24am On Jul 04, 2014
OmoLisabi: What Nigeria needs is a sincere and decisive military dictator that civil servants will not be able to vote out when he start doing things they way it ought to be done.
I strongly disagree

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 04, 2014
emiye: A big shame.

Honestly I'm very disappointed in Adams Oshiomhole. He has shown, with this action, that Nigerian politicians are all the same. Utterly lacking in principle and not standing for anything. It's all about power as far as they're concerned.

He should have gone ahead with the sacking of those incompetent teachers while designing a programme to equip them with some new skills to take care of themselves, maybe start a business or something. But leaving them to continue to "teach" our kids is a recipe for disaster.

Teacher don't teach me nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by sCun: 7:34am On Jul 04, 2014
Fayose na only God go punish you for this thing wey you do APC governor.
An APC governor can eat his own shyte now if his people ask him to.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by cyril83(m): 7:40am On Jul 04, 2014
kurt09: I strongly disagree

Why? What are your views?
Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by Sijo01(f): 7:45am On Jul 04, 2014
Oshiomole is gradually turning to a loner......smh.
Na my route wey dem spoil in the name of dualization dey pain me.

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by crusader01(m): 7:52am On Jul 04, 2014
Nigerians are the most confused people on earth. They don't want change and they are crying for change. Sometimes we encourage our leaders to ignore what they are elected to do.

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by emiye(m): 9:47am On Jul 04, 2014
HNosegbe:

Honestly I'm very disappointed in Adams Oshiomhole. He has shown, with this action, that Nigerian politicians are all the same. Utterly lacking in principle and not standing for anything. It's all about power as far as they're concerned.

He should have gone ahead with the sacking of those incompetent teachers while designing a programme to equip them with some new skills to take care of themselves, maybe start a business or something. But leaving them to continue to "teach" our kids is a recipe for disaster.

Teacher don't teach me nonsense.
You shouldn't really be disappointed, He had no choice than to play the survival game , he was not selected but elected, and dont be surprised that parents with children in public schools will be convinced by evil politicians how the governor is a wicked man for sacking incompetent teachers. The Stockholm syndrome plaguing the populace persists.

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 04, 2014
emiye: You shouldn't really be disappointed, He had no choice than to play the survival game , he was not selected but elected, and dont be surprised that parents with children in public schools will be convinced by evil politicians how the governor is a wicked man for sacking incompetent teachers. The Stockholm syndrome plaguing the populace persists.

Well like I said, he should have gone ahead with the dismissal while designing a scheme to retrain them in some new skills or a soft loan to start a business. Recalling them because of political considerations is not a good course of action at all. Why should we sacrifice the future of our kids on the altar of political expediency?

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 04, 2014
The people are no different from the politicians that rob them of their wealth and dignity. Nigeria can never be good with the number of regressive elements within it.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by Sweetlemon(f): 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
No No No No No!

This is quite heartbreaking!!!!!!!!

Ha! The fear of PDP taking over has now made APC governors start acting like PDP governors? Ha! So teachers who cannot even read their own certificates should retain their jobs because of the fear of PDP?

Ha! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by Sweetlemon(f): 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
HNosegbe:

Well like I said, he should have gone ahead with the dismissal while designing a scheme to retrain them in some new skills or a soft loan to start a business. Recalling them because of political considerations is not a good course of action at all. Why should we sacrifice the future of our kids on the altar of political expediency?

Exactly!

Let's just hope he has this in mind.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by Sweetlemon(f): 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
tit: APC! OUT!

Yes o!

Then PDP in. The PDP that will allow teachers who cannot spell their own names continue all in the name of grass roots politics. Then what do we later get, 1/4 baked graduates who can hardly construct simple sentences without major grammatical errors.

up PDP!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by Tobbie9(m): 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
I always say Nigerian leadership is not d major problem, the followership is far worse people like Fayemi,oshiomole & co though not perfect are too sophisticated to survive the kind of politics in this zoo called Nigeria. God i hate this country

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by lafuria1(m): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2014
Sweetlemon: No No No No No!

This is quite heartbreaking!!!!!!!!

Ha! The fear of PDP taking over has now made APC governors start acting like PDP governors? Ha! So teachers who cannot even read their own certificates should retain their jobs because of the fear of PDP?

Ha! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Agreed, he shouldn't have canceled it but do you blame him? You saw what happened in ekiti, Fayemi insisted on the competency test but they voted him out. Most Nigerians are only interested in short term goals even if leads to a terrible long term effect. The reason people vote for who in Nigeria is very very trivial, to some oh he distributed milo during Ramadan, oh he distributed fowl during Xmas, it really disheartening.

I read fashola article on the ekiti elections and he was perplexed at the ekiti people.

We are so underdeveloped that any long term goal is a no no.

If you intend to fight corruption in ground level starting from the local government, they people will hate, the prefer they should be left while you concrete on some aimless project like building mall, roads etc don't just touch the daily bread.
I want a better nigeria. But we Nigerians are not ready.

I'm just tired of Nigerian people. For now governors can do whatever they like. Can't you see even osun governor is reverting some of his policy. Smh

Sigh!

3 Likes

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by Tobbie9(m): 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
la furia:

Agreed, he shouldn't have canceled it but do you blame him? You saw what happened in ekiti, Fayemi insisted on the competency test but they voted him out. Most Nigerians are only interested in short term goals even if leads to a terrible long term effect. The reason people vote for who in Nigeria is very very trivial, to some oh he distributed milo during Ramadan, oh he distributed fowl during Xmas, it really disheartening.

I read fashola article on the ekiti elections and he was perplexed at the ekiti people.

If you intend to fight corruption in ground level starting from the local government, they people will hate, the prefer they should be left while you concrete on some aimless project like building mall, roads etc don't just touch the daily bread.
I want a better now Nigerians are not ready.

I'm just tired of Nigerian people. For now governors can do whatever they like. Can't you see even osun governor is reverting some of his policy. Smh

Sigh!
It's called d politics of poverty my brother, pdp and even apc to an extent thrive on such mode of politics

1 Like

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by Sweetlemon(f): 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
la furia:

I want a better now Nigerians are not ready.

Sigh!

This whole thing is really an eye opener.

I have made up my mind never to criticize politicians anymore. I have seen that Nigerians themselves are their own worst enemies and there's nothing much one can do about this than to just sit back and watch as the last piece crumbles.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Cancels Teachers Competence Test. by Olastep(m): 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
To be honest, and impartial. I'll say Fayemi/APC lost in Ekiti state because they are bound to lose. My brother, forget the media propaganda and unskilled journalism out on the internet. I live in Ekiti and its disappointing though not surprising that some folks would abuse the intelligence of ekitis.

The winner, Fayose/PDP may not be the best but they are right. We voted for you because we believed in you than the masquerades. You meant development and there is fair play. This life is just toooo short for a crook in the name of change to deceive us.

I hope and pray such plays out in Osun state.

I believe its for our good. Trust me.

No to APC. NO! Not in this world. Change your name 81 times, it won't change anything.

All we want is true democracy and only for the people.

God Bless Ekiti State
God Bless Osun State
God Bless Nigeria

---Olastep

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyo NURTW Groups Clash In Ibadan / Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old / Photo Of The Day | See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.