Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,738 members, 7,955,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:38 PM

Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? (1517 Views)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / Does Keshi Also Need A Vote? / Patrick Obahiagbon Congratulates The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
Just read in a thread that made front page

https://www.nairaland.com/1797663/nff-offers-keshi-n168-million

that NFF is offering Keshi a new contract worth #168 million for two years.

To me it's baffling considering the poor performance of his selected boys (leaving behind better players even after being forced to pick a player that turned out to be his best asset) in the world cup.

He may have won the nations cup and qualified us for the world cup, let's not forget that these feats, he achieved, putting all football loving Nigerians on their toes.

So the question is "Does he deserve a second chance with even so much an incentive"? angry
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2014
Tocheagle: Definately he needs to be retained . And not all the players are bad

This isn't about the players but about his ability to deliver with a convincing performance. Football is more than just assembling players to play.
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by Allohrandy(m): 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
yes. kechi is the best Nigerian coach ever. he should be retain till after the next world cup

1 Like

Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by padeolu: 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
Yes, he deserve to be retained (offered a contract extension), though its obvious he's a "substandard" manager.
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
Allohrandy: yes. kechi is the best Nigerian coach ever. he should be retain till after the next world cup

I tend to disagrEe with you. Apart from few games, how well have the eagles played under him?
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
padeolu: Yes, he deserve to be retained (offered a contract extension), though its obvious he's a "substandard" manager.

Do we continue to pay him that much for being a substandard coach?
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by padeolu: 11:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
korel9:

Do we continue to pay him that much for being a substandard coach?
Definitely not. But what else was excepted of him that he didn't do? It wasn't asif anyone expected him to win the world cup. He won the AFCON, 2nd round of world cup; isn't that enough to earn him a contract extension?

1 Like

Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 12:37am On Jul 04, 2014
padeolu: Definitely not. But what else was excepted of him that he didn't do? It wasn't asif anyone expected him to win the world cup. He won the AFCON, 2nd round of world cup; isn't that enough to earn him a contract extension?

Not when you have a team like Costarica making the quarter final stage
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by Allohrandy(m): 4:26am On Jul 04, 2014
korel9:

I tend to disagrEe with you. Apart from few games, how well have the eagles played under him?
We won the Cup of nation under him, we qualify for the world cup without much stress like previous qualifications, we won our first world cup game since 98, we qualify for the round of 16 in the world cup for over 20 years. Kechi is the only African coach to play in the knock out stage in the world cup, The only African coach to qualify two different African teams to the world cup. Kechi is arguably the best coach in Africa. No one expected Nigeria to win the world cup this year with our current players. not even sir Alex Ferguson would win the world cup with our current crop of players but kechi got the best from this team. He should not be let go because it would put our football by 20 years backward. we need continuity with this team. I believe they would do much better with time. Remember that this team is less than 3 yrs unlike France and other teams

1 Like

Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by Allohrandy(m): 4:35am On Jul 04, 2014
korel9:

Not when you have a team like Costarica making the quarter final stage
we played well against France. we lost that game due to injuries and silly errors. We don't lose the game due to kechi coaching tactical errors. besides France would beat coastarica if they meet.
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 6:17am On Jul 04, 2014
Allohrandy: we played well against France. we lost that game due to injuries and silly errors. We don't lose the game due to kechi coaching tactical errors. besides France would beat coastarica if they meet.

Did you watch the match with France or you were just told the result? The French team played below expectation which gave the Eagles better control of the game.
A good coach would have read d game and figure out the missing link before losing. I swear I would have won that game by 3-0 as the Eagles coach if I had taken over from the 2nd half.
It wasn't as if we lost chances that we would have attributed the loss to a no luck thing. A good coach studies a game, rises from his bench, makes some tactical changes and wins the game.
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by Allohrandy(m): 6:39am On Jul 04, 2014
korel9:

Did you watch the match with France or you were just told the result? The French team played below expectation which gave the Eagles better control of the game.
A good coach would have read d game and figure out the missing link before losing. I swear I would have won that game by 3-0 as the Eagles coach if I had taken over from the 2nd half.
It wasn't as if we lost chances that we would have attributed the loss to a no luck thing. A good coach studies a game, rises from his bench, makes some tactical changes and wins the game.
what would you have done differently if you were the coach? The truth is that the French players are far better than our current players. we don't even have any world class player in our squad. kechi tried his best with the current players he had to work with.

1 Like

Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 6:44am On Jul 04, 2014
Allohrandy: what would you have done differently if you were the coach? The truth is that the French players are far better than our current players. we don't even have any world class player in our squad. kechi tried his best with the current players he had to work with.

Believe me bro, it doesn't take "world class" players to produce a good result in football these days (ask Spain). You don't want to hear what he should have done.
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by Allohrandy(m): 6:54am On Jul 04, 2014
korel9:

Believe me bro, it doesn't take "world class" players to produce a good result in football these days (ask Spain). You don't want to hear what he should have done.
Bro, In Football it matters to work with good players. No matter how good a coach is. he cant win the world cup with a team fill of mediocre players. our team is filled with average players and most of them don't play first team football.

1 Like

Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 7:03am On Jul 04, 2014
Allohrandy: Bro, In Football it matters to work with good players. No matter how good a coach is. he cant win the world cup with a team fill of mediocre players. our team is filled with average players and most of them don't play first team football.

But judging from what they played against France it's obvious they could have won that game init?
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by Allohrandy(m): 7:15am On Jul 04, 2014
korel9:

But judging from what they played against France it's obvious they could have won that game init?
like I said before, we lost that game due to injuries and silly mistakes from our players. France did not score any goal due to their players effort but error from yobo and Enyama

1 Like

Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 8:01am On Jul 04, 2014
Allohrandy: like I said before, we lost that game due to injuries and silly mistakes from our players. France did not score any goal due to their players effort but error from yobo and Enyama

The French team made more mistakes than we did but we had no goal to our credit! undecided
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 11:51pm On Jul 05, 2014
Allohrandy: like I said before, we lost that game due to injuries and silly mistakes from our players. France did not score any goal due to their players effort but error from yobo and Enyama

My brother, do you now see what it takes to be a good coach? You see what Van Gaal did to beat the Costa Ricans?
Not just to sit down chewing gum like a goat chewing paper. grin grin grin
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by MrMac10(m): 12:13am On Jul 06, 2014
FRANK RIJKAARD FOR NIGERIA JOB
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 06, 2014
I want a Nigerian to carry on either Keshi or someone else.

Keshi made a very reckless squad selection

We need to have a coach in place from now until the next World Cup

Either Keshi carry on with better assistants or we appoint someone else. It can not be all about Keshi's terms too because we put all the cards in his hand and he decided to repay us by taking a weak midfield to Brazil!
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by Allohrandy(m): 12:25am On Jul 06, 2014
korel9:

My brother, do you now see what it takes to be a good coach? You see what Van Gaal did to beat the Costa Ricans?
Not just to sit down chewing gum like a goat chewing paper. grin grin grin
The same Argentina that kechi almost won will beat Holland hands down

1 Like

Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by tonytony208(m): 6:50am On Jul 06, 2014
You are either very dumb or full of hate. You mr coach OP, would you call the performances against Bosnia, Argentina and France a poor performance? Then pple like you should be banned from commenting on football till you die. In the history nigerian football, had there been anytime you were not on your toes when eagles play? This was the case even when white coaches were in charge. I am certain you know keshi is better in achievements more than the oliseh or siasia you are subtly campaigning for. How come you eediots never brought these nonsense before the france match? I feel like cursing you this morning for daring to intentionally cover up the truth and start spewing what you know to be untrue about a man who had transformed the eagles to a team that could play the likes of Argentina and France so gallantly. But thank your star it is Sunday morning.

1 Like

Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 7:45am On Jul 06, 2014
Allohrandy: The same Argentina that kechi almost won will beat Holland hands down

My brother haba, you and I watched that game nah. If you had said we almost beat France that would have been partially true, but the Argentine game that we had to come from behind to get the goals we had? There was no almost there.
But honestly, I can't predict that game now. grin
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 7:50am On Jul 06, 2014
mikeansy: I want a Nigerian to carry on either Keshi or someone else.

Keshi made a very reckless squad selection

We need to have a coach in place from now until the next World Cup

Either Keshi carry on with better assistants or we appoint someone else. It can not be all about Keshi's terms too because we put all the cards in his hand and he decided to repay us by taking a weak midfield to Brazil!

Let the truth be told, Keshi has not done a bad job (judging by the lucks he's had).
He can do better so can anybody else.
As for that goat tonytony who just bumped into human conversation angry I will get back to him.
Our ratings on the global scene speaks volume of his performance so let the wise be the judge and not he-goats like tonytony.
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 8:06am On Jul 06, 2014
tonytony208: You are either very dumb or full of hate. You mr coach OP, would you call the performances against Bosnia, Argentina and France a poor performance? Then pple like you should be banned from commenting on football till you die. In the history nigerian football, had there been anytime you were not on your toes when eagles play? This was the case even when white coaches were in charge. I am certain you know keshi is better in achievements more than the oliseh or siasia you are subtly campaigning for. How come you eediots never brought these nonsense before the france match? I feel like cursing you this morning for daring to intentionally cover up the truth and start spewing what you know to be untrue about a man who had transformed the eagles to a team that could play the likes of Argentina and France so gallantly. But thank your star it is Sunday morning.

Now to this he-goat scally wag of a dumb, I am a very objective person who wants value for his money.
I've once watched the eagles play with so much confidence and less pain even after a loss (in the 80s and 1994-1996), you were either a baby then or never knew what football was all about. So when I'm talking football you sit down and keep shut.
I am a local coach here and if I had the opportunity of coaching a nation so richly blessed with local stars like Nigeria, I will sign a contract of "fail and dismiss".
The likes of Colombia, Costa Rica are countries with little or no known star that you can say tried and not Eagles that could have beaten the French team so easily but failed to do so because they have a coach who fears his players or has no technical ability to change a game. There's a BIG difference btw a coach and a technical adviser (you can ask Clemens Westerhof or even Siasia). Keshi's downfall was apparent when he rejected the proposal by NFF to get him a technical adviser. Even greats like Alex Ferguson and Mourinho succceeds in their coaching career with the help of a technical adviser that you hear little or nothing about.
Why am I even wasting ma time addressing an animal like you as if you're human?

Next time you want to comment on a social platform, visit a doctor for a brain transplant you buffone.

Wait, I thought "Buffone" is the name of a goalkeeper? grin grin grin
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by OYIBN: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2014
korel9 you are full of hate. Apart from what you wrote, Keshi qualified Nigeria for Nations cup for local players for the first time and won the bronze medal. He won Mandela cup which we had lost on at least one occasion when South Africa defeated us 1-0. He won a cup when we played Catalonia. In 2002we did not get out of group stage at the world cup and we had a local coach. In 2006 we did not qualify. In 2010 with a foreign coach we did not win a single match at the world cup. Siasia failed to qualify us for Nations cup in 2012. Keshi is building a team with mostly average players. When last did any Nigerian player win African footballer of the year? At best lke Uche is an average striker playing in a modest club. Is he playing for Barcelona or Real Madrid? Why are these clubs not falling over themselves for his services. Korel9 are you one of the hateful sport journalists disguising here? Please get a life.Keshi more than merits to be retained.

2 Likes

Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 11:53am On Jul 06, 2014
OYIBN: korel9

Mr Gbeborun or is it Gbefila?
Issues like this are discussed constructively. You have the rights to your opinion.
You don't opine starting with insults. It only shows the level of home training in you! angry

The question is simple
Does Keshi deserve to be retained as the Super Eagles coach?

You answer either in the affirmative or in the negative and not to come throwing tantrums like tonytony208 angry
You dick head angry
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by korel9: 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
Where's tonytony28 and OYIBN?

Now you see what happens when you have a coach dat doesn't read a game well?
Also what happens when you have a team that knows how to take advantages of d opponent's weakness?

How can a reasonable coach who watched the champions league where Munich were humiliated feature Dante and Luis as central defenders?
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by DECOtech(m): 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
Is Keshi interested in being retained as Super Eagle's coach? Pls save your collective breaths joor!
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
Allohrandy: We won the Cup of nation under him, we qualify for the world cup without much stress like previous qualifications, we won our first world cup game since 98, we qualify for the round of 16 in the world cup for over 20 years. Kechi is the only African coach to play in the knock out stage in the world cup, The only African coach to qualify two different African teams to the world cup. Kechi is arguably the best coach in Africa. No one expected Nigeria to win the world cup this year with our current players. not even sir Alex Ferguson would win the world cup with our current crop of players but kechi got the best from this team. He should not be let go because it would put our football by 20 years backward. we need continuity with this team. I believe they would do much better with time. Remember that this team is less than 3 yrs unlike France and other teams

But those people will never believe in him because his skin is black.
If he had a white skin, they would put his name on the Hall of Fame and call him the Messiah.
What a shame
Re: Does Keshi Deserve To Be Retained As The Super Eagles Coach? by jireh250: 11:19pm On Jul 08, 2014
Yes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Manchester And Celtic Fight For Bidemi Afolabi / PICTURES: Amodu's Remains Taken From Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin City / Nigerian Finishes 2nd To Usain Bolt As He Qualifies For 200m Semis In Rio(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.