Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

7hours Before Dawn (scary) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 7hours Before Dawn (scary) (6729 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Story: A New Dawn / Kole Omotosho's Just Before Dawn E-book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by 2map(m): 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
Xtarxhyne: this nt it tongue
Truly
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
tmx21: This is my first story here on NL and am so dedicating this to my e-family: lanicky cheriepet, charijee kingphillip, jefferyjames king tom, sucobaba Miracy xtarxhyne lorlaahlozz, prettyspicy missyhorlah, jennimma, dave p, *who else* and also a big thank u to sammy hoe.
I'll be updating constantly and seriously, your comment and undiscriminating criticism is welcomed. Leggo...

Wow!!!
Pls do update as promised o... so when my foodstuff is running out, the ebiagees can come here to eat as well...lemme call some of them...

*screaming their names with megaphones*
Akinkudin, Dammygoody, Talk2riel, Mcgixz, Luckidoc, Canme4u, Jigsawkillah, Cho25bc, Zeenab, Elantracey, 01emek, Kingso23 etc...
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Let's get started

U no dey call person to kon chop abi angry
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Lorlaahlozz: 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

U no dey call person to kon chop abi angry
chop kini...he made a mistake oo..it's not my bday
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by dammygoody(m): 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

Wow!!!
Pls do update as promised o... so when my foodstuff is running out, the ebiagees can come here to eat as well...lemme call some of them...

Akinkudin, Dammygoody, Talk2riel, Mcgixz, Luckidoc, Canme4u, Jigsawkillah, Cho25bc, Zeenab, Elantracey, 01emek, Kingso23 etc...
heard my name!!!! Lemme go and read..
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Cheriepet: 4:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
*Officially signing in*

Present sir... n tanks for d dedication
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by JigsawKillah(m): 6:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

Wow!!!

sammy hoe, abeg tuale for u jor
u be cheerful giver lol dorosammy

tmx21 for allowing others to take d front row, i go charge u to ebiagees court room

SAW

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2014
JigsawKillah:

sammy hoe, abeg tuale for u jor
u be cheerful giver lol dorosammy

tmx21 for allowing others to take d front row, i go charge u to ebiagees court room

SAW
am on my knees o pleading... Forgive my ignorance
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by JigsawKillah(m): 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
tmx21: am on my knees o pleading... Forgive my ignorance

lol expect my lawyer na

SAW
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2014

~Anabella~

The door sign flicked from 'open' to 'close' with the help of my fingers. I let out an exaggerating sigh as I just finished tidyng up my dad's room although there was really nothing to tidy up, I just need to finish the chore.
It was really bored at home as there was no light but it was a very bright day, perfect enough to experience the warmth outside.
I went into the bathroom to take my bathe. I dressed elegantly with my favourite yellow top and my black skinny pants. I did the neccesary arrangements needed in my room and moved out of the house pondering on what to do. After few minutes of deep thought, I decided to visit a n old friend. I crossed to the other side of the road expecting a taxi. I signal at the sight of a new yellow taxi and the cab stopped very close to me at the end of the tarred road. "where to damsel" I was schocked staring at the taxi driver who was in turn staring at me. "hey" he waved his hands towards my eyes to distract my attention. I moved backward and had a second view of the taxi to be so sure if it was a taxi. The fellow man in the driver's seat does not look like a driver. A good looking fair skinned young guy. His facial skin wasn't different from mine - spotless, he has a well trimed teddy that forms a perfect nice bears; I was almost calling for the angels when he lowered his sun shades and I instantly imagined in my head how perfect it would be if I really can see him standing upright before me. I was so lost and captivated with the figure sitting in front of me. "Am sorry cutie ...is everything okay?" he asked. "Bad of me, am I really staring?" I thought but I comported myself before getting things out of hand. "Avril road" i said despicably, "then hop in". I overcame the temptation of opening the front door by forcing my had on the back door. "Am fine" I said, giving him the hint to move after sitting comfortably on the cream but brownly line seats.
I wanted to start a conversation but I think that would be very odd of me ...I wouldn't just let my thought rest cos i was way much thinking about this man driving than my destination.
Heavens who knew how much I would have loved a conversation helped by making my phone ring. I was dipping my hand in my bag when the ringing stopped, "so ...you're a fan of carly" the taxi driver asked, I was confused at first before realising that 'call me maybe' which happens to be my ringtone was sang by Carly Rae Jepsen "Oh ..sure, I love her voice and naturality" I responded, "she's not bad and funny enough that's my ringtone also" I laughed after hearing that. "I don't really have a thing for foreign hiphop but she's an exception" I told him. He puts on his car digital player and played the song. He was singing to it and thank God am good with the lyrics also, I would have been left out.
I finally got to my destination and he applied the brake. I brought out my purse and hand over the fare to him; "you can keep that" he said "and this too" he brought out his complimentary card and stretched it towards me. "how nice of you" I smiled and collected the card, "catch ya some other time" he said as he drove off leaving me by the roadside woundering. "He is ...is surely not from this planet" I said walking towards my friend's house.

~Rita's POV~

I was doing some washing in the bathrrom when I heard the doorbell rang "just a minute" I shouted washing my hands in a clean water. I left the batroom and went towards the door of the sitting room. "coming" I said. I opened the door and "wooooow!" I shouted at the top of my voice seeing that my visitor was my long old friend, Bella. We did our kid-jumping before hugging each other, it took us almost half a minute before seperating.
"Runaway friend" I said holding her and; collecting her bag and bringing her inside. She couldn't stop smilling and that was one thing that brought us together. Back in school Bella was the jovial type, full of life and with her, there's no such thing as sadness. I can't believe we have't seen in almost half a year.
"you are looking more beautiful" she said touching my cheeks and he face full of those wonderful smiles. She was talking and i was busy looking all over her body, "what are you searching for" she asked suprisingly but I never replied and continued the search. After few seconds I yelled "I trust you die ...shebi na you, no be small thing o, till now no single spot for this your flesh ...chai diaries Gooodu oo" she couldnt stop herself from laughing.
I left her in the sitting room and went straight to the bar.

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by sucobaba(m): 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
tmx21: This is my first story here on NL and am so dedicating this to my e-family: lanicky cheriepet, charijee kingphillip, jefferyjames king tom, sucobaba Miracy xtarxhyne lorlaahlozz, prettyspicy missyhorlah, jennimma, dave p, *who else* and also a big thank u to sammy hoe.
I'll be updating constantly and seriously, your comment and undiscriminating criticism is welcomed. Leggo...
Kudos...
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 06, 2014
Nyc update
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by kingphilip(m): 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
Xtarxhyne: Ur switat ws here cheesy
Leave room matters for room matters n serious issues for men
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
kingphilip:
Leave room matters for room matters n serious issues for men
tongue..Whr v u bin
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by kingphilip(m): 7:24am On Jul 07, 2014
Xtarxhyne: tongue..Whr v u bin
On a sick leave jare but back nw
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by kingphilip(m): 7:26am On Jul 07, 2014
Tmx you de really do well here o but abeg e b like say update scarce yesterday o
Kudos to u sha
Hope u de backup sha
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Cheriepet: 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
still here sir...
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Cheriepet: 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
Charijee me c u...

howdy babes
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by charijee(f): 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
Cheriepet: Charijee me c u...

howdy babes
Fine dear. ....JJ is still not okay
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
kingphilip:
On a sick leave jare but back nw
Pele swit
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by charijee(f): 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nice one tmx!!!Now following full time
Watch out for typographical errors
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by dammygoody(m): 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nice work...
#following
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Canme4u(m): 4:49am On Jul 08, 2014
SammyHoe:

Wow!!!

nah incantation u take call my name ni grincheesycheesycheesycheesy a fi bi i gba ti abiamo i gbekun omo e ko ma tatiwere cheesycheesycheesy nah even private Jet I borrow take rush come here #gbam #canme4u
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Lorlaahlozz: 10:39am On Jul 08, 2014
Oya update oo.....Btw...make sure u edit bfr posting
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 08, 2014
SammyHoe:

Wow!!!

as u forget to call me..I come call myself
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Canme4u(m): 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
Divepen:
as u forget to call me..I come call myself

lol.
Welcome on board sir.
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
Canme4u:

lol.
Welcome on board sir.
thanz boss
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 3:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
To all readers of this story I am so sorry that I haven't been able to update as promised, I had little problem with my account and couldn't log in ...I am so so sorry. Ama update later tonight. Love ya'll

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by dammygoody(m): 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
Update? It's night already now...
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 10:52am On Jul 10, 2014

CHAPTER 3
Day 6
~Anabella~

I don’t really know if I should be happy about moving or not. Today is the last day we are probably going to stay in this our soon-to-be-old house.
I’ve done many visitations to lot of friends and I really find it hard telling them am moving - it’s not like am getting out of this country!
I was doing my usual movie-watching when a call came into my phone
“Hello!”
It was Stephen, the taxi driver I met 4days ago. I called him the following day and we really had a nice introduction. Actually, he wasn’t a taxi driver, a friend of his was to feature in a street race and that was the car he was to use, little wonder it looked like a taxi.
“Hey Stephen” I replied
“You said you were going to give me a call yesterday and you kept me hoping”
I remembered I promised to call him but we did a lot of preparation yesterday and it took a lot of time to rest.
“Oh I – I am very sorry, the preparation got me all over”
“That’s no big deal – er –er I guess you aint that busy today – right?
“erm- y-e-a-h” I said not really sure when mum’s going to come home “actually, am kind of free now but I can’t judge what the next couple of hours will be like”
“Oh if that it is, will you be very kind to give the next couple of hours to me?” He asked timorously
“I’m not so sure about the height of my kindness but I guess giving you some time shouldn’t be a great deal” I replied
“You are making that sound like a yes – is it?”
“Sure” I said with a lot of smile on my face. “Where are we going?” I asked
“Road 42, house 6, there is a restaurant there, I’ll be waiting – impatiently” he said as he hung the call.
I went to my room and put on a nice outfit.
“They have good customer service relationship here” Stephen said after I took a sit beside him in the well constructed restaurant.
“You have a good taste …are you a regular?” I asked raising my brows
“Of course not” he shrugged “I saw the scene between you and that staff” He said pointing to the staff that opens the door.
“Oh you saw that” I said forcing out a smile” it was a little bit of embarrassing scene, I was opened the door for to come inside, I came in and stood still, close to the door trying to figure out where Stephen was seated, my earring dropped and before I could even notice, a staff was already reaching for it. He gave it with a warm smile to me.
“I love it” I said with uncertainty hoping to change the topic.
“So … your friend, the race, the result”
“Daniel’s such a die-hard racer, he came 3rd out of 15 racers, I picked the car so he dedicated his speech to me – not his award” Stephen said jokingly.
“That was a very great one …say me hi to him next time you meet”
“I’ll sure do that”
I kept on staring at him puzzled and he asked of what I would like to take
“Seriously – nothing …I am kinda filled up” I said with a long face
“Fine, but can you handle a mile?” he asked
I laughed “I handle more than that everyday while exercising.
Stephen took my hand and “Good let’s go”
“I’m with you.”
We passed a series of majestic building and started into the woodland. We were completely alone wrapped in the greeny of beautiful fields and old trees. It was a sun-kissed day filled wit itself. The wind was warm and caressing and there was a cloudless sky above.
“Wow! This scenery is beautiful” I commented.
“It’s lovely and am used to spending ten percent of my living hours here”
I remembered something “aren’t you supposed to be in school today?” I could vividly remember him telling me last time when we spoke on phone that his institution has resumed and he will go back to school in one of the weekdays.
“I decided to procrastinate” he said
“Oh!”
We were still walking deep when I asked “How far are we going to go?”
“As far as I have the courage to say what’s on my mind.”
I hit him on the back “funny you, you don’t wanna be a jerk – do you?”
“Not really …but there is a spot ahead that I like. We are almost there”
Some minutes later we emerged into a glade with an enormous oak tree in the center.
“Here we are” Stephen said
“It’s too peaceful”
“I loved it here since I was a kid. My mum and I will come out at every sunrise and have a good view of it”
I sensed some moaning in Stephen’s voice and his eyeballs were changing – changing to red. I could see tears filled up in his eyes and the redness of his face forthcoming.
“I – I – I loved her so much” Stephen stammered and broke down into tears.
“Hey Stephen, what is happening” I held him close and made him sit beside me at the root of the oak tree.
“This is the best memory I could possibly have with my mum before she left me.”
I was confused “Will you stop speaking in parable and make things clearer to me” I said in a very placid tone.
He suddenly stopped crying and looked into my eyes “I lost my mum while I was 6.”
I couldn’t hold it any longer, tears rolled down my eyes and I was crying. I didn’t know what to do; I hid my face away from him and comforted myself, wiped off the tears on my face whit my handkerchief and faced him.
“Stephen, It’s gonna be ok – I know what it you’re passing through but – but” I fumbled.
I moved him very close to me and hugged him; placing his head on my shoulder and I patted him on the back saying nice words to him.
It was a very pitiable situation and I felt really sorry for him.
“I’ll be there for you – ok?”
He nodded
“I don’t really have what it takes to be a mother but I’ll try as much as I can just to make you happy and – just to make you happy.”
He nodded again “you don’t really need to do that cos from the moment I saw you back on that road, I knew you were sent just to make me happy …I don’t really know how you or we are going to accomplish that but I just have that hope of sunshine with you.”
I was speechless and dumbfounded at his speeches.
“Do you play tic-tac-toe?” I asked
“No one beats me at that” he said as I pick out a smear of elation on his face.
“We’ll see to that” I looked around and picked a stone, I drew the frame and we played.
“Wow! You really play well” he confessed after beating him ten – to –three.
“That’s just me being lenient” I smiled.
I stared at my wrist watch “O my goodness”
“What was that” he was shocked.
“I am late, my dad is not around and I should have gone to pick my brother an hour ago”
“Aaw! That’s really selfish of us” He said hurrying up from his sitting position.
I stretched my hand to him and he drew me up with great force and we collided. I was standing very close to him, his hands wrapped around my waist. I have read a lot of novels and watched a lot of films; I was trying to guess what would probably happen.
He drew me extremely close to himself and I was feeling the magic in the atmosphere.
He dipped his right fingers into my loosed hair and was holding me very close with his left. Silence enclosed the atmosphere and I was deaf to whatever noise might be going on. I could feel the urge to kiss him and.
He was looking straight into my eyes without blinking, and I couldn’t also move my eyes away from his. The urge was getting edgy and I was filed with anxiousness. His head was moving closer to mine and my whole mortal body became numb, frozen and cold.
His head was really close to mine and he was slanting his head – getting closer at each seconds –each seconds and even more closer.
I was scared, almost shivering and I suddenly became nervous. A part of me wanted him but I don’t know what’s going on in my head.
I stationed myself and immediately felt his nose touching mine.
“Oh - my – goodness” I thought and closed my eyes.

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 10, 2014
interesting, keep it coming and weldone bro
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Bholutife18(f): 11:27am On Jul 10, 2014
wow! this is a grat writeup. This is my first time reading any of your stories but I must confess, I like your choice of words and you are capable of making your reader see through your heart. I love this. keep it up #Following fervently

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Creative Writing Courses For Beginners / Life Of A Copper / Forbidden Fruits (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.