Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,380 members, 7,826,485 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

7hours Before Dawn (scary) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 7hours Before Dawn (scary) (6732 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Story: A New Dawn / Kole Omotosho's Just Before Dawn E-book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 11:28am On Jul 10, 2014
Omortolah: interesting, keep it coming and weldone bro
thanks.

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 11:29am On Jul 10, 2014
Bholutife18: wow! this is a grat writeup. This is my first time reading any of your stories but I must confess, I like your choice of words and you are capable of making your reader see through your heart. I love this. keep it up #Following fervently
lolz, thanks a lot and thanks for reading.
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 10, 2014
No update cry
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 11:36am On Jul 10, 2014
Xtarxhyne: No update cry
I just did, flip to page 1
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Bholutife18(f): 11:36am On Jul 10, 2014
tmx21: lolz, thanks a lot and thanks for reading.
you welcome
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 11:40am On Jul 10, 2014

~Anabella~

He kissed me so passionately and I see myself returning the kisses.
I felt so pleased that I held him with my hands, drew him close and we had a long kiss.
It was much of a fantasy as I tried opening my eyes but couldn’t until he stopped kissing me.
He brushed my cheek with his two thumbs and whispers into my hear faintly
“Thank you.”
Wow! I wasn’t expecting that. I was expecting something stronger, a confession or something similar. I was back into consciousness and I kept staring at him.
Kissing him really looks odd but I think I like it and I was wondering if I haven’t fallen in love with him.

“Bella”
“Yeah” I answered
“Seriously I don’t know what to say” he said “I am going to tell you three things and before that, I want you to promise me something.”
Everything after the kiss was really not balanced. I feel very bothered and nervous.
“Stephen” I called. “I am sure you realize that this is the second time we are meeting of which this is officially the first time.”
He nodded
“I don’t want us to take anything too …”
He put his index finger on my lips “We ain’t taking anything too far” he removed his finger and we kept on walking “and moreover, I don’t want you to discuss what just happened. All I need you to do is just promise never to leave me till i tell you all I want to tell you”
“I am not promising you that Stephen, but am sure going to do my best. I really need to hurry, Samuel will be mad at me by now”
“Its ok, call me as soon as you move tomorrow.”

We went back to the city and we bade our different farewell not discussing any further about what transpired between the two of us.

By the time I got home along with Samuel, I saw an unusual vehicle parked beside my dad’s official car in the middle of the compound.
“So we are really moving” Samuel asked
“You just saw that big vehicle that will help transfer our luggage, that’s a YES, we are moving” I replied him.
We got inside and figured out that mum was around. Samuel ran to greet and sat beside her while I knelt with my two knees to greet her.
“Are you just coming from school?”
Initially, I would never lie to my mother; even if I tell her that I was with a friend she wouldn’t see any problem to that; but this time my instinct tells me not to tell her that I was with a friend with the fear of she asking what type of friend it was – that will make me pick Samuel so late in school.
“No ma” I lied “We are leaving tomorrow so I went to pick Samuel from school and we stroll around the streets – you know …the kind of goodbye stroll”
I gave Samuel a play-along look and he acted indistinctly.
“That’s a good one” she said. She stretched a bag towards me and I collected it.
“That’s Samuel’s” She said
I put the bag on the two-seater chair and opened it. It was full of new clothes. I brought them all out of the bag and examined them carefully.
“But mum” with a long face “None of these looks like mine. They all are for Samuel and also I guessed you just went shopping for these.” I moved closer to her
“the last time I checked, you were no longer a kid. Do you expect me to shop for you” she said stretching a brown envelope towards me. I collected it and opened it.
“yaay!” I shouted and gave her a very big hug.
“That’s for you. Go do some shopping before time runs out.” She left the sitting room and went to her room.
I was very happy and took out my mobile phone and dialed my friend’s number.
“Hello Rita, guess what?”
“Hey bestie why are you all cheery?” she asked.
“Can you believe that my Mum just handed me an envelope with the sum of twenty thousand JUST –FOR –SHOPPING?” I said stressing the last three words. “Where in the world are you right now, we need to go out” she could catch the glimpse of happiness in my voice.
“Awww bestie, I no dey area o, na my aunt place I dey now and the place far no be small, as if dat one no reach, na so so work she wan take kill me for hia”
She explained that she couldn’t come and I guess am just going to go alone.

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 10, 2014
tmx21: I just did, flip to page 1
alryt grin

Typo.error
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
@ladyprada any comment?
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Ladyprada(f): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
aww just been caught nice story am enjoying it @tmx
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by JigsawKillah(m): 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
Where d scary part na?
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Ladyprada(f): 2:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
same here@ tmx were Dey scary part, nah can't wait to hide under my blanket *winks*
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ladyprada: same here@ tmx were Dey scary part, nah can't wait to hide under my blanket *winks*
hehehe d scary part is on d way
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
tmx21: hehehe d scary part is on d way
I hope it arrives on time!
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 1:05pm On Jul 20, 2014

DAY 7
ANABELLA

I couldn’t experience a good night rest, I took most of the hours thinking how moving will be like.
I summed all the moment I’ve had in this recent house and it was a little bit above average. I was 5 when we moved in and I couldn’t remember much then.
I started my education here and it was so nice, met a lot of friends who I had never thought will be easy to miss them.
Rita was my bosom friend and we shared a lot of things in common. She’s brilliant, friendly and also intelligent.
I could remember the first time we met.
I was coming out of the classroom when I heard the bell being jingled for lecture break. I was hurrying out of the class as I was so much pissed with Mrs. Akinfemi, my Biology teacher.
I ran out of the class and ran collided with Rita whom I knew to be a very lousy girl.
“Are you blind? Do you have a problem with your sight”
I was supposed to respond but I started laughing uncontrollably.
She looked at me awkwardly and couldn’t control her anger.
“Were you not taught how to say sorry” she was yelling and was calling for attention.
“I still didn’t know why but I couldn’t stop myself from laughing”

She stared for some minutes looking closely at my craziness and she went into the class.
I went out to get what I wanted to buy but instead of getting mine alone I bought everything in twos.
I went back into the classroom and gave her what I bought. It was her turn to mock me. She laughed so loud that all attention was drawn to her.
“Thank you dear but you don’t try to please me with these junks.”
I really felt bad but insisted she collects it.
“Ok I go act like your elder sister, I go collect that thing from you and tell you make you no dey disrespect again.” She collected the snacks and she smiled.
I was brought out of my reverie with a knock on my door.
Who could be knocking at this time of the day?
I stretched my hand and took a good glance at the table-clock right on my television set and was startled with the time.
“7:30am” I screamed after remembering that dad has instructed us all to wake up very early so as to get our luggage in the bus.
“Coming” I said and stood up from the bed.
I went to where I kept my luggage and dragged them to the door. It wasn’t that much, just four traveling bags.
I opened the door and saw my dad standing in front of my room.
He stared at his wrist watch “you have twenty minutes to get prepared.” He turned back.
I rushed everything else I had to do and helped mum and Samuel with transferring their luggage from their various rooms to the bus. It was a very nice work and I did enjoy every bit of it.
After few minutes we were set to leave.
I went back into the house and everything was empty. Empty as if no one has ever lived there. I was caught in the view when my mum came in.
“We have to go. Your dad is impatiently waiting in the car”
I was woken from my reverie and I followed mum to the vehicle.

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2014

We drove through series of unknown and remote roads and I kept wondering if we were really going to our new house or an adventure at the top of a mountain surrounded by thick forest. The road was not so poor but a little bit rocky that it made our vehicle bounce here and there. There were trees acutely planted by the road sides and there were not much traffic on the road.
I was so curious to know what this house would really look like and I could sense some glair of same in Samuel.
My dad suddenly grasped the car against a rock and all we could hear was ominous scrapping somewhere beneath.
“Damn!” My dad finally said, getting down from the vehicle.
My mum was so dumbfounded that she could literarily neither do nor say nothing. She’s not much of a talker, unlike me.
I came down from the vehicle also and went to check what might have went wrong with the vehicle.
“Just get in, nothing actually happened to the car” Dad said, closing the boot of the vehicle. “Just a little crash” he said. “Besides we are almost at our destination” .
On hearing the word ‘destination’ I took a deep stare at the surrounding and I see just scanty and abandon-like houses.
We both went back into the vehicle and my dad ignites the vehicle.
“What was that?” Mum asked looking straight into my eyes,
“What? The vehicle” I said not understanding the question she asked.
“No! I mean that person in white that walked swiftly behind you and your dad while you are repairing the vehicle”
“You …you saw someone walk behind us?” I asked
“Sure, I thought you exchanged greetings”
I was surprised and astonished. Dad couldn’t hear our conversation cos he was the only one sitting at the driver’s seat while we were al seated at the back row.
“Maybe I saw that wrongly” Mum said with a serene voice
“Yeah… Maybe it was your imagination” I said trying not to be scared.

We finally came to the entrance of our new house but to me it doesn’t look new. It was constructed like one of the antique house built back in the 30’s.
I came down from the vehicle and took a proper look at the surrounding.
It was a mighty house, well bricked and with a shapeless shape. Looking at the rear view, it doesn’t seem like it has the entrance door fixed onto it. It was covered with huge trees and I wondered if the sun shines in this part of the country.
The atmosphere was warm and calm.
Dad brought out a bunch of keys from his pocket and went straight to open the door.
We moved our luggage from the car into the house and it was a stressful job.

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
I am sorry i haven't been able to update as promised, but stick to the update i made today till tomorrow. My beat was just changed to the court of law and you know nigerians na, there is always a case that i have to report to my oga at the top. I will soon be through thoug... till then
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by JigsawKillah(m): 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
If u nor complete dis story ehn.....na goat go rrape u lol
i done ready for the part wey i like most. Abeg try ur best to update when u can

SAW
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
JigsawKillah: If u nor complete dis story ehn.....na goat go rrape u lol
i done ready for the part wey i like most. Abeg try ur best to update when u can

SAW
thanks man! Ama try hard
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 21, 2014
tmx21: I am sorry i haven't been able to update as promised, but stick to the update i made today till tomorrow. My beat was just changed to the court of law and you know nigerians na, there is always a case that i have to report to my oga at the top. I will soon be through thoug... till then
Didn't want to comment but yea, you seem to have reached the juicy part. Good job, keep it up and keep the updates flowing. It's "tomorrow" already and we expect updates today. Thanks.
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 9:28am On Jul 21, 2014
candy:
Didn't want to comment but yea, you seem to have reached the juicy part. Good job, keep it up and keep the updates flowing. It's "tomorrow" already and we expect updates today. Thanks.
i will. Besides, u have a funny sig there.
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 21, 2014
tmx21: i will. Besides, u have a funny sig there.
Thanks @ siggy, bigger thanks at the promise of an update smiley
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Odward(m): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2014
#following till da end........stormybucci come see beta story o

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Bholutife18(f): 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
thanks for the update dear. i cant really wait to get frightened. hope it wont give me insomnia sha?
waiting for today's update. well done!

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by charijee(f): 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
Now you wanna get me scared. ......keep the update flowing. ....nice work keep it up
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2014

CHAPTER FOUR
~Anabella~
The following morning, Dad was off to work and also mum, off to her shop. Samuel and I were the only one left at home.
Since we came in I have not had the time to take a look around the house and I think this is a great opportunity to know what this huge antique house looks like.
I went outside through the back door trying to observe the size, style and the liveliness in the house.
To start with, it was really huge and I remembered my dad saying wile we were moving our loads down that the house has twenty-four rooms. I was amazed at that, wondering how many bungalows will have so many rooms in it.
The outer part of the house was well constructed. A fence of short flowers demarcating each angle. Brightly colored flowers and with a very pleasant fragrance.
There was a small hut-like construction at the left-view of the house and it was really fascinating. It makes me remember the time we travelled to the village to visit my gram. She had a lot of beautiful flowers planted around her garden.
I saw an old deep brown bench neatly placed under an apple tree. I sat on it and it was comfortable.
I was deeply in thought about how funny our new house was when I felt a strange wind blew past me like a person has run so fast behind me.
I stood up sharply
“Who’s there?” I asked knowing that I probably wouldn’t get a reply.
“Anybody there?” I ran back into the house just to see Samuel who has been watching a movie lying on the tiled floor.
I was so scared that I couldn’t even have the courage to call out his name.
“Samuel! Samuel.” I went close to him and lift his head up. I felt his pulse and realize that he was only sleeping. I carried him into his room.
I went straight into my room, marveled about what happened while I was under the apple tree.
I flashed back to what I read from the internet about the Irish house and began to think negatively.
“Could this really be true” I asked myself.
I took my phone and made a call to Stephen.
“erm Stephen, are you free?”
“Sure! What’s going on, you don’t sound good”
“”It’s nothing …Road 42, house 6, there is a restaurant there, I’ll be waiting – impatiently” I said and he giggled over the phone.
I dropped the call and went into my room to get dressed.

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2014

I was really anxious to know what might be going on in our new house and was also eager to discuss it with Stephen.
It was a long journey down to my destination and I made sure I took Samuel along.
He was so inquisitive during the journey.
“Bella, where are we going to?”
He’s such a spoilt kid that he wouldn’t add any form of respect when conversing with me.
“Somewhere to meet a friend” I answered.
“A friend? Who is she?”
I was getting fed up of his questions but since I was the one taking him out, I needed top answer his questions.
“Just a very close friend of mine and also he is not a she”
“You mean she is a he?”
“Yes” I answered reluctantly.
“Is he your husband?”
“What!” I exclaimed. “What do you know about that? Is that what you are being taught in school?” I became heated with him.
The taxi driver laughed and saved him from getting some serious talks.
“The world is moving rapidly and there is nothing we can do to change that fact.” The taxi driver said, diverting my attention.
“He has friends, watches movies between many factors. All you need to do is make him understand what is good and what is bad …that’s all”
I was moved with what the taxi driver just said and decided to keep mute after giving him my little “thank you.”
We finally got to our destination and we highlighted from the taxi.
I wasn’t comfortable going with Samuel into a restaurant but I don’t look like a person with alternative choice.
Stephen was already in the restaurant waiting for me.
Getting into the restaurant, the first place I glanced at was the place I saw him sitting the last time I came and fortunately, he was there.
“Welcome dear” He said adjusting the chair for Samuel and me to sit.
“And I guess you are Samuel” He said childishly, looking straight into Samuel’s eyeballs with a welcoming gaze.
Samuel nodded.
“But …why are you good looking than your sister?”
I wanted to laugh out but I covered my moth with my palm
“That’s the same thing that mummy say always …she said she was happy having me and that I am beautiful than my sister” Samuel said softly
Stephen laughed.
“NO! You are not beautiful, you are handsome …is that ok?”
Samuel nodded in agreement.
“What would you like to take” Stephen asked looking straight into my face.
I couldn’t answer his question, rather, I was wondering how perfect his eyeballs were. How perfectly they are fixed and painted enough to make him look even more attractive.
Stephen looks much better in his attire this noon. His check lemon shirt was properly worn as if it was designed mainly for him. His broad chest was shooting out and it makes a perfect upper part of his body.
There is nothing more that a girl would crave for more in a man that is not present in Stephen.
His tiny bears were accurately shaped to make him look more stunning. His
He has a glossy pink lips and a moderate nose. His jaw isn’t too large and hairy. His whole body makes a perfect arrangement.
“Bella!”
“erm …what?” I had been lost in my thought.
“I said what would you like to take?” He asked again “And Samuel” he added pointing at him.
“Anything simple will be ok” I winked at him.

He called for the menu list and ordered for crunch meal.
The waitress left our table and we continued our discussion.
“Bella, some hours ago when you called me on phone, you weren’t sounding any good.”
I have been here for t he past few minutes and from the look of things, Stephen was really looking good – looking extremely happy and I thought to myself that it wouldn’t be a good idea if I explained to him what I think was actually going on in our new house; as it may kill his happiness untimely.
“Wasn’t sounding good? It’s nothing of such” I lied.
I just remember you telling me to inform you once we’ve made our trip”
“Oh! IS that it? He said with a look of relief and a very encouraging smile.
“hmmm hmmn!” I answered.
“So …gist me. How does you new house looks like”
“Big, antique, worrisome, and full of suspense” my mind was answering.
I swayed my heads to watch if no one was staring at us and I moved my head closer to where he was sitting opposite me.
“It’s one hell of a big house” I whispered. “Big enough to house a whole extended family” I added with a smile on my face.
He laughed.
“Funny you, maybe I’ll come over with my luggage and stay with your family” he joked. “Will that be ok?” he asked turning to Samuel.
Samuel nod in disagreement “my dad is a soldier, he will beat you.”
We both laughed while the waitress came around with our menu.
It was a very lovely afternoon with Stephen and I promised him that I’ll invite him over during the week.

We went back home to find dad already back from work.
I greeted him and walked past him.
“Bella” he called.
I was at first nervous when I heard his husky voice called me but all my worries went away when I noticed that he called “Bella” and not “Anna”
“Sir” I said, coming back to where he was sitting.
“Your mum needs to go get some goods from South Africa and I will be going with her and we are going to spend a couple of days over there.”
South Africa? Goods? A couple of days? This sounded like another fixed honeymoon.
“Sir?” I wished I didn’t hear him say that.
“You heard me right.” He said. “And we will be going with Samuel also.”
Now I get it. My whole family is going on a holiday trip and I am being left back to take care of this huge unfriendly house.
I have gone with my mum to South Africa on a business trip twice while Samuel was taken to live with my Uncle, Mr. Akinbo for the main time but now I guess I will be the one to stay behind while they all go on their trip.
I wasn’t feeling too good about it as I decided not to give my dad a straight answer; instead I went straight to my room.
I was in my room throughout the day, expecting my mum to come back so that I would give her the list of my wants that I already compiled.
I stared at the new wall clock place in my big room and it ticks quarter past Seven.
I was worried mum hadn’t come back from work so I jumped out of my bed straight to the kitchen.
I heated the stew that I had prepared in the morning before we all moved to our different disposition and I prepared rice.
I went to my dad’s room to serve him and I took Samuel into my room so that we could eat together and at least he could cure my lonesomeness.
We finished eating late in the night and I decided to tell him some good bed stories.
After listening to few uninteresting stories, he was feeling drowsy and I told him to go to his room.
“Is mum not coming back tonight?” He asked
“She will, maybe she’s stuck in traffic congestion and you know, she might not be too familiar with this environment.”
“Ok” he said.
“Now be a god boy and go to bed … and make sure you pray before sleeping.”
He nods his head and went straight to the door.
“Samuel! Help me put off the light” I implored.
I am used to sleeping with the lights off. It makes me sleep earlier and I am so much addicted to it to the extent that it would take me almost an hour to sleep off after getting on bed if the light is on.
Luckily enough, the switch was placed very low on the wall that leads to the exit; it was easy for him to make use of the switch without stress.

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by charijee(f): 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
Hmmmm. ...another suspense. .....Well done bro
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
charijee: Hmmmm. ...another suspense. .....Well done bro
thanks cheesy
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by dammygoody(m): 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
Wonderful updates...
Please unsuspense us asap...
Keep up the good work.
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
dammygoody: Wonderful updates...
Please unsuspense us asap...
Keep up the good work.
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by JigsawKillah(m): 12:15am On Jul 24, 2014
Tmx abi na dmx
no lemme mention ur name again ooo
u dey find wahala

SAW
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by kingphilip(m): 12:41am On Jul 24, 2014
nice one boss fire on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Life Of A Copper / Forbidden Fruits (18+) / Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.