Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

7hours Before Dawn (scary) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 7hours Before Dawn (scary) (6705 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Story: A New Dawn / Kole Omotosho's Just Before Dawn E-book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by St8updiva(f): 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
abeg tmx when is d next update now. Ur a genius. I love scary movies and novels, so cnt just wait 2 c d end of dis season film
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2014
St8updiva: abeg tmx when is d next update now. Ur a genius. I love scary movies and novels, so cnt just wait 2 c d end of dis season film
wednesday. I'll be off school then.
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by charijee(f): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
tmx21: wednesday. I'll be off school then.
And pls don't fail cos if you do. .........
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 11:58am On Jul 31, 2014

~Anabella~
I was on bed as usual but this time even with the lights out I couldn’t grab a sleeping posture.
I was turning all over the soft and conducive bed.
“This isn’t usual” I thought to myself.
I was supposed to be fast asleep and after two hours and counting, I was still wide awake. I went to the bulb switch hoping to put it back on and continue my novel.
I took of my cover and put on my Dunlop slippers which were under my bed.
I moved towards the entrance to my room and I was feeling very uneasy – a feeling that I had not have in the past years. I moved slowly and carefully to the switch and flipped the switch.
The room was immediately illuminated by the light. I turned my head to go back to my bed and suddenly, I saw a figure positioned on my bed.
I was shocked and stunned. I just stood up from the bed some few seconds ago and I remember not having anything beside me while on the bed. I took a close look at the figure and it resembles a little girl squatting on my bed. Her hair was long and loose and it was covering her face she was putting on a violet grungy short gown and I could see her back because she was facing the wall and backing me.
I started shaking; every muscle in my bone got tensed. I couldn’t think of what next to do. I was enticed to move towards her.
I moved with great fear and was controlling my unstable heart. The light was still off and I moved slowly to where the figure was laying. I forced my legs towards the figure.
When I almost got to where the figure was laying, the figure swiftly turned its back to me.
“It was a little girl; her face was rough as if she had got marks from a fight. She was looking both sorry and scary.
“Help me! Help me!! Help me!!!” she said painfully.
As she was talking, the ceiling fan that was already of started to roll in a very murderous manner. It was so slow that the sound that it made adds a terrific background theme to the scene. I was scared to death. I heard footsteps of many kids moving towards me and I looked around but there was nothing.
“Why have I put the lights off?” I asked myself
I was filled of tremor and I screamed above my voice. I was shivering as I was staring at the figure in the bed.
I couldn’t control myself as I screamed loud but I couldn’t even hear myself scream. I ran back to the bulb switch In order to put back the light on.
I was staring at the figure on my bed, backing the switch and was blindly looking for where the switch was so that I could put the light off.
I couldn’t control my breath any longer. I closed my eyes and finally put the light back on.
Every sound that have been getting into my head stooped abruptly. I gradually opened my eyes and everything was back to the way it was before I turned off the light.
I couldn’t believe what just happened. Was it real? Was it my imagination? I ran out of my room and went to Samuel’s room.
He was fast asleep and I lay beside him. It was hard to sleep and I would say I couldn’t sleep through the night.

I stood up when it the time reads 5:20am. I went back to my room and it was looking very peaceful. I was so careful with my footstep and I was scared to touch my bed.
I sat on the wooden chair and was looking around the whole room.
The atmosphere in the room was hot. I went to the bulb switch and put off the lights. I came back to where I was sitting and I started to think about what happened.
I heard a knock on my door.
“A knock?”
Everything that I could think of was similar to what happened last mid-night.
I didn’t respond to the knock and I grew louder. I was scared and later realized that I had just switch off the lights.
I ran back to the switch and was about to put the light back on when the door was forced open.
I was afraid and I turned back to look at the person that forced my door open.
“For how long are you going to sleep without waking up?”
“Oh!” I said with a huge relief. It was my mum.
“What is going on with you nowadays?” she asked moving towards my bed.
“You have been acting weird lately. Are you ok?” she asked trying to sit herself on my bed.
“No!” I scream. “I – I mean yes –yes, I am ok” I muttered. I never wanted her to sit on the bed.
“No? Yes? Which of these am I to believe” she asked.
I shrugged and sat back on the chair.
“Mum, you know… it won’t be easy to adapt to this new apartment plus this place is so boring, scanty and abandoned house, no neighbors, no friends and the environment is even not too friendly. Is this not enough to act weird?” I said with a pale look.
“ yeah I know. You just need to endure for a little bit. I told your dad that I don’t really like anything about this house…”
“And what was his response?” I cut in.
“He said in no mean time you would be leaving for school and after a successful return from South Africa, there is a possibility of us relocating back to South Africa finally.”
“And you expect me to school here in Nigeria while you all move to South Africa? Does that make any sense?” I asked standing up from where I was sited.
“No it’s not going to be like that” she said holding my hands and trying to make me sit down beside her on the bed.
“And how is it going to be?”
“We won’t be moving that early …not till the next couple of years”
“Ok but when are you going to South Africa?”
“In the next three days. Your dad is on leave and he is going to be a helping hand over there”
I can’t just imagine myself staying alone in this scary house. I tried to persuade my mum to allow me bring in a friend so that I won’t be just alone.
“We both know I can’t approve that” She said with a hard look. She stood up from the bed and headed out of the room.
“Talk to your dad concerning that” She slammed the door.
She hates it when I make her approve an order without dad’s consent. She has done that for me several times and it has never been a good story to tell.
I stood up from the chair and comfortably sat on the bed hoping nothing bad will occur to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by JigsawKillah(m): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Good but make the light on light off scene clearer

she got up to turn on the light
she turned it on and saw the ghost
hw come she's regretting turning it off?

SAW
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by charijee(f): 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
Sup dear friend...no update for us?
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by charijee(f): 9:34am On Oct 30, 2014
Don't tell me you've abandoned this story cos I won't take it tmx21
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by St8updiva(f): 9:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
tmx pls nah make it a 2015 story gift... Pls
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by charijee(f): 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
St8updiva:
tmx pls nah make it a 2015 story gift... Pls
Abeg help me beg am o......tmx21 remember your promise angry
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 01, 2015
ewoo..I Dun enter one chance oo..

so he didn't complete it...and I've been digesting this gradually...

eeh tmx biko come and finish before I starve to ...?!
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
tmx21:
Don't just read please, your idea, comment and criticsm is welcomed

Exactly what I say. I love your story, sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SOLUTION TO ALL THE 2012 NIGERIAN ESSAY COMPETITIONS / Creative Writing Courses For Beginners / Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.