Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,708 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (34161 Views)

Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here / Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 04, 2014
Here I come again nairalanders all my cassava trend got lost in transit,but life continues all the experience I have gain here are second to none,let's start all over again cassava sellers and buyers let's meet here what are the challenges , problems you encounter, in the next few days ill update this trend with loads of pictures of. My farm and does of nairalanders i manage for, so far we have cultivated about 721 acres of land..we cultivate maize and cassava on some and only cassava on the Rest..also hastom. Nigeria limited has bought all the 1000 acres we lease last year, so we no longer have land for lease, we can hook you up with them if you are interested in buying cheap land for just for just 60k if you are buying more than 10acres and 58k if you are buying more..if. You also want to buy more than 50acres I can hook you up king and baales who will sell to at a cheaper rate of 50k per acre,am also happy to inform you. That hastom nigeria. Limited has release a fund of. 8million naira to acquire some equipment start a cassava processing company,they will be processing garri,starch,chips. Etc..ill create a different trend. For that when we start work on site, its a good new for us because they are ready to sign mou with us to buy all our cassava harvest,the company will be sited in tewure ogbomoso...so. Far we have achieved a lot we met with lots of nairalanders all over the country some which am already managing there cassava farm in ogbomoso..kindly follow this trend has I start posting pictures of how we start and where we are presently..ill appreciate comments. from fellow cassava farmers,and people who are yet to start also..call me on 07032056416 or 08072261485 email sunmonuolawale@gmail.com or bbm 24d031f7

4 Likes

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by dyttt: 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
following
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
We start cutting down the trees

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
More

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
The nearest village to the farm

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Realdeals(m): 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
Nice thread!

Do you need farmland at a location near Lagos? Click Here

There is huge demand for cassava in the area, which have several cassava processing cottages. Beside there is Allied Atlantic Distilleries Ltd (AADL) in Agbara, the first ethanol production plant in Africa in that axis, they produce ethanol using cassava. The factory has installed capacity for 240,000 tonnes of cassava per day.
The managing director of AADL was lamenting on the scarcity of cassava at the Ogun state economic forum held in May this year. They have trucks that will visit your farm to pack the produce, there is a time frame for the produce to arrive their factory before it outlive its usefulness for ethanol production. So they prefer farm that is sited around their location.

Pics of farmland we secure for a client in the area

4 Likes

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
Following. It's a pity that all those useful threads were lost.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
before i continue lets enlighten our self about various type of cassava species we have so we can know the best and time of harvest,most cassava harvest are due for harvest between 6-14months TME 419 and TME 0326 are widely grown in western nigeria and are known to contain large percentage of starch and its average yield per hectare is 25-40 tons per hectare, also very common is TME 7 also known as oko iyawo....for those interested in supplying cassava to starch companies this are the best specie to plant TME 419, TMS 97/0162 and TMS 98/0505...lets share address of starch company that buy cassava if you have such..

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
i was going through iita website and i saw this 3 specie UMUCASS 44, UMUCASS 45, and UMUCASS 46 which they say yield 36tons and above i believe they are research institute although i have not tried this particular specie but hope to do so in future it also contain vitamin A.....has anybody tried this particular specie lets here your view
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by 2baga(m): 6:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
@drisa:
hello good day to you i have been looking for ways to linkup with you that was just before the tsunami (of NL)
thank God for his mercies, please what is the procedure involved in leasing like 5-10 hectares pls
all info would be highly welcomed

i believe many farmers also would benefit from your services
thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
2baga: @drisa:
hello good day to you i have been looking for ways to linkup with you that was just before the tsunami (of NL)
thank God for his mercies, please what is the procedure involved in leasing like 5-10 hectares pls
all info would be highly welcomed

i believe many farmers also would benefit from your services
thanks
thanks for your comment sir leasing a hectare of land is 7500 a year minimum lease is now 3-5 yrs...this is so because of the stress you pass through in cutting down trees in the first year so you can enjoy the same land for long..

3 Likes

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by carzim(m): 10:28am On Jul 08, 2014
am interested in leasing of about 5 hectares for the cassava farming
where is the location of the land (state)?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
carzim: am interested in leasing of about 5 hectares for the cassava farming
where is the location of the land (state)?
ogbomoso oyo state you can call me for extra details or you ask here
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by bawelat: 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
doctorisa: thanks for your comment sir leasing a hectare of land is 7500 a year minimum lease is now 3-5 yrs...this is so because of the stress you pass through in cutting down trees in the first year so you can enjoy the same land for long..
pls try and be more detail the price quoted is it for an acre per year.tanz

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by 2baga(m): 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
doctorisa: ogbomoso oyo state you can call me for extra details or you ask here

Thanks a lot there is a big difference btw the doers and the talkers #doctorisais a doer grin grin grin

it actually makes more sense for you to be able to retain your hold on a parcel of land you spent some good money to clear and maintain for much longer than just a single planting season. It helps you to plan ahead and even consider expansion for more productivity the following seasons.

you are a real gem.
so now for the benefit of those reading out there,

I need 10 hectares

1). 10 hectares X #7500 = #75,000
2). Survey fees (if applicable) = ?
3). Any agency fees = ?
4). Settlement of Baales (or is it govt land?)
5). Clearing of land (per hectare) = ? (i believe we can get tractors in the locality?)
6). Please how accessible is the land from the main road (is there a motorable road to the farm? )
7). Please any other relevant info will be appreciated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by bawelat: 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
pls what do u charge to manage a farm for a.year and what are the cost implication of planting cassava on an acre of land starting from the lease money including land clearing and any other misselanous or hiden cost tanz.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
bawelat: pls try and be more detail the price quoted is it for an acre per year.tanz
its for a hectare per year

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
2baga:

Thanks a lot there is a big difference btw the doers and the talkers #doctorisais a doer grin grin grin

it actually makes more sense for you to be able to retain your hold on a parcel of land you spent some good money to clear and maintain for much longer than just a single planting season. It helps you to plan ahead and even consider expansion for more productivity the following seasons.

you are a real gem.
so now for the benefit of those reading out there,

I need 10 hectares

1). 10 hectares X #7500 = #75,000
2). Survey fees (if applicable) = ?2000*10
3). Any agency fees = ?10%
4). Settlement of Baales (or is it govt land?)You don't need to settle anybody for this its a company land
5). Clearing of land (per hectare) = ? (i believe we can get tractors in the locality?)Tractor is 75k per day which is on a high side..uprroting of trees and clearing will cost you 8000 per hectare
6). Please how accessible is the land from the main road (is there a motorable road to the farm? )The farm is abt 5min drive from the main express
7). Please any other relevant info will be appreciated. You will need to plough apply herbicides,and buy your cassava stems with planting that's all

2 Likes

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
bawelat: pls what do u charge to manage a farm for a.year and what are the cost implication of planting cassava on an acre of land starting from the lease money including land clearing and any other misselanous or hiden cost tanz
to cultivate a acre of land leasing of land is 3k per year,uprooting and clearing of trees is 3500 , 1st and 2nd plough is 7000, application of herbicides 4000,survey 1000,buying of cassava stems per acre is 8000, planting 3500 ...what I state above apply for a acre of land...a acre of land planting TME419 should yield 10tons averagelly selling of a ton depends on season also..but within 14-22k. Management fee is 6k per month

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by maafen: 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
doctorisa: ...what I state above apply for a acre of land...a acre of land planting TME419 should yield 10tons averagelly selling of a ton depends on season also..but within 14-22k. Management fee is 6k per month
pls how can ℓ get tђε̲̣̣̣̥ TME419 cassava stem am in Benue State.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
maafen: pls how can ℓ get tђε̲̣̣̣̥ TME419 cassava stem am in Benue State.
you should be able to get from neighbouring farmers...please anybody around benue state and have TME419 should plz contact maafen ...

2 Likes

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
After cutting down of the trees we start packing and we do the first plough to turn around the weed
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Davedavy: 7:58am On Jul 10, 2014
doctorisa: to cultivate a acre of land leasing of land is 3k per year,uprooting and clearing of trees is 3500 , 1st and 2nd plough is 7000, application of herbicides 4000,survey 1000,buying of cassava stems per acre is 8000, planting 3500 ...what I state above apply for a acre of land...a acre of land planting TME419 should yield 10tons averagelly selling of a ton depends on season also..but within 14-22k. Management fee is 6k per month

6k per month or 6k per stage? kindly clarify this.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by kwammy5000(m): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hello house, good to see this forum is back. I have about more than one Acre of cassava farm ready for sell. Though I don't know the spec yet. Right now I need some1 to link me with good buyer of cassava, the farm is located at moniya ibadan.

Thanks
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2014
Davedavy:

6k per month or 6k per stage? kindly clarify this.
6k per. Month
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
kwammy5000: Hello house, good to see this forum is back. I have about more than one Acre of cassava farm ready for sell. Though I don't know the spec yet. Right now I need some1 to link me with good buyer of cassava, the farm is located at moniya ibadan.

Thanks
tryand get intourch with iita u might get buyers there, I would ve link you up with someone in ogbomoso. but transport to. This place will cut of the gain...
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by James27: 6:15am On Jul 11, 2014
I would venture into agric business someday.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:31am On Jul 11, 2014
doctorisa: i was going through iita website and i saw this 3 specie UMUCASS 44, UMUCASS 45, and UMUCASS 46 which they say yield 36tons and above i believe they are research institute although i have not tried this particular specie but hope to do so in future it also contain vitamin A.....has anybody tried this particular specie lets here your view
dnt worry urself dr.isa, I av a direct link to mr. Peter who is charge of the cassava depatment. They only have tme 416, 2324, and 5032. Tme 419 is in abundant...2324 too could be arranged, but the the 5032 is has not been replanted.

And the TME 419 with 2324 are almost of the same yield.

Besides, from the price, it cld be concluded that labour is very cheap up there.
The only problem is the buying of a ton of cassava for 12k up there from middle men. It's rampart.

But with the MoU u jes signed, I biliv things cld change.
Thumbs up man

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by chelseabmw(m): 6:47am On Jul 11, 2014
I like casava
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 11, 2014
Please how do we identify the 419 species. And how can we get the stalk/stem.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 11, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: dnt worry urself dr.isa, I av a direct link to mr. Peter who is charge of the cassava depatment. They only have tme 416, 2324, and 5032. Tme 419 is in abundant...2324 too could be arranged, but the the 5032 is has not been replanted.

And the TME 419 with 2324 are almost of the same yield.

Besides, from the price, it cld be concluded that labour is very cheap up there.
The only problem is the buying of a ton of cassava for 12k up there from middle men. It's rampart.

But with the MoU u jes signed, I biliv things cld change.
Thumbs up man
thank you mr slidewaxie can you give us the contact of mr peter of cassava department ,incase we have someone here interested in buying the stems, I also have Tme419 stems in abundant here in ogbomoso
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 11, 2014
chukwuma101: Please how do we identify the 419 species. And how can we get the stalk/stem.
TME is an IITA genebank number..you can get the stem in IITA or any agric institute closer to you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Planting Ugu This Month On An Acre Of Land / ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry / See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.