Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (34214 Views)

Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here / Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by suxes2005(m): 4:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
Can one buy the land out rightly?

Also, what's watermelon bix like there?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
suxes2005: Can one buy the land out rightly?

Also, what's watermelon bix like there?
shobay how u dey, u self won do farming, you can buy the land out rightly sir and water melon biz is good all over nigeria..we can chat further on this...
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by suxes2005(m): 11:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
doctorisa: shobay how u dey, u self won do farming, you can buy the land out rightly sir and water melon biz is good all over nigeria..we can chat further on this...

Bro, so you catch me here abi?

Sure, I have ann acre of land here in Ogun state
but I need something bigger.

A land for pure farming... you know?

We will talk on chat bro.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 09, 2014
suxes2005:

Bro, so you catch me here abi?

Sure, I have ann acre of land here in Ogun state
but I need something bigger.

A land for pure farming... you know?

We will talk on chat bro.

no problem bro
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by kennysbst(m): 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
Dr isa,I never knew u has a big project at hand i could have also venture.anyway planning towards my harvest b4 august ending.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Burmak: 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hello everyone pls i need to raise money to start cropping can anyone get me like farm work i stay in ibadan but can live in any farm settlement thanks my no is 07032936895
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:11am On Aug 11, 2014
some of our cassava are doing well

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:13am On Aug 11, 2014
our maize we planted some months back are even ready for harvest

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by wisemanj(m): 9:58am On Aug 11, 2014
doctorisa: some of our cassava are doing well
please I need advice I live in benin city my sister has a land measure by 50by100 I want to use it for cassava farming actually I have not don it before but I believe I will get the help I need here. A land measure 50by 100 is it up to an hacher and pls what do I need to do before planting and what cassava stem is best for plating factilizer,planting season, etc waiting ur respone
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
wisemanj: please I need advice I live in benin city my sister has a land measure by 50by100 I want to use it for cassava farming actually I have not don it before but I believe I will get the help I need here. A land measure 50by 100 is it up to an hacher and pls what do I need to do before planting and what cassava stem is best for plating factilizer,planting season, etc waiting ur respone
@wisemanj 100by50 is a plot of land you can still plant cassava just clear the land and do the ridges..
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by wisemanj(m): 12:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
doctorisa: @wisemanj 100by50 is a plot of land you can still plant cassava just clear the land and do the ridges..
thanks please how many tone of harvested cassave are my expecting
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
wisemanj: thanks please how many tone of harvested cassave are my expecting
from a hectare of land you should be able to harvest 25tons and above with proper management if TME419 is planted, there are 15plots in a hectare of land..you can do the calculation of what you will get from that sir..
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Welder(m): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
@OP, Are you in anyway related to Hotmas?

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by wisemanj(m): 1:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
doctorisa: from a hectare of land you should be able to harvest 25tons and above with proper management if TME419 is planted, there are 15plots in a hectare of land..you can do the calculation of what you will get from that sir..
I'm very greatful thanks
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by amarawa: 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
doctorisa: from a hectare of land you should be able to harvest 25tons and above with proper management if TME419 is planted, there are 15plots in a hectare of land..you can do the calculation of what you will get from that sir..
Dr Isa, how in the world will someone get 25 tons from 100x50 that is less than a plot of land? Or ma i mistaken? i was just laughing. Pls dont raise the guy's hope o.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
amarawa:
Dr Isa, how in the world will someone get 25 tons from 100x50 that is less than a plot of land? Or ma i mistaken? i was just laughing. Pls dont raise the guy's hope o.
just read what I post again...if you still don't understand read over it again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
There is no 15 plots in an hectare of land. That's a lay man terms. An hectare is not up to 15 plot. An hectare is 100m by 100 m in the farm.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by amarawa: 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2014
1 hect  = 2.47 acre = 10,000 square metres = 100m x 100m
36 inches = 1 yard ; 39 inches = 1 meter

144 inches = 1 square foot= 12inches
multiplied by 12 inches.

I thought then guy was asking how many tons he could get from his 100x50 land.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by amarawa: 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
My Oga at the top Jethro2, this is yours truly from Abuja. I saw your great works on Facebook. How was your meeting last week?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
amarawa: My Oga at the top Jethro2, this is yours truly from Abuja. I saw your great works on Facebook. How was your meeting last week?
Good evening sir.
How is the cooperative?. Hope your meeting was good too? Ours was great. For the first time in past months we were able to make a major decision. I pray God help us through. Thank you
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by amarawa: 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
Our meeting was great. Most of us seem to be on the same page so far. I'm sure it's because we are still small. Our active members now should be about 11. We are seriously looking for land. We are also seeking for support from govt and development partners.
God will help us all. Amen.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 8:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
amarawa: Our meeting was great. Most of us seem to be on the same page so far. I'm sure it's because we are still small. Our active members now should be about 11. We are seriously looking for land. We are also seeking for support from govt and development partners.
Wishing you all the best. Please don't put much hope on the government side. If it comes fine, if its not you are still fine. Our government are too much of propaganda and promises. Speaking from experience. We will surely get there. The sky is the beginning. Well done
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
jethro2:
There is no 15 plots in an hectare of land. That's a lay man terms. An hectare is not up to 15 plot. An hectare is 100m by 100 m in the farm.
can u plz tell me how. Many plot is in a hectare of land..and also explain to the person above..
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
amarawa: 1 hect  = 2.47 acre = 10,000 square metres = 100m x 100m

multiplied by 12 inches.

from your explanation sir 1 hectare is 2.47 acres=14.82plots that's what the person who ask the question wants you to break down for him,not in meters madam jethro..
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
amarawa: 1 hect  = 2.47 acre = 10,000 square metres = 100m x 100m
multiplied by 12 inches.
@ Doctorissa, Please could you kindly point out where plots was mentioned in this post
When did inches and square foot equals plot.
Except 1 square foot equates 1 plot
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
jethro2:
@ Doctorissa, Please could you kindly point out where plots was mentioned in this post
When did inches and square foot equals plot.
Except 1 square foot equates 1 plot
but why is it difficult for you to convert meter and foot to get plot..when you no a plot is 100feet by 50feet
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 12:29am On Aug 13, 2014
doctorisa: but why is it difficult for you to convert meter and foot to get plot..when you no a plot is 100feet by 50feet
Real farmers measure farmland in metres, not inches, foot or watever method you decide to adopt. The truth still remains that there is no 15 plots in 1 hectare. Please confirm from real farmers and stop misleading people. Get your facts right
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by hotmas911(m): 5:46am On Aug 13, 2014
amarawa: Our meeting was great. Most of us seem to be on the same page so far. I'm sure it's because we are still small. Our active members now should be about 11. We are seriously looking for land. We are also seeking for support from govt and development partners.
you are still looking for land when i have thousands of hectares you can benefit from.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 13, 2014
jethro2: Real farmers measure farmland in metres, not inches, foot or watever method you decide to adopt. The truth still remains that there is no 15 plots in 1 hectare. Please confirm from real farmers and stop misleading people. Get your facts right
how will you explain to the guy above who want to start. Farming. And don't no abt hectare but only have a land that measure 100by50..
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by amarawa: 9:52am On Aug 13, 2014
The issue is that the guy did not mention the unit of his measurement. Is it 100mx50m or 100ftx50ft?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
hotmas911: you are still looking for land when i have thousands of hectares you can benefit from.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by amarawa: 11:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
[quote author=doctorisa][/quote]
Well our catchment areas now are FCT, NASSARAWA AND KOGI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Planting Ugu This Month On An Acre Of Land / See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm / ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.