Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court - Education (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court (58491 Views)

Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC / First Degree And Masters Opportunity In The Usa- No Sat I, Sat Ii, Toefl Or Gre / Is Futy"s 2008/2009 Admission List into first degree programs out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by dellaziz(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
I
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by dellaziz(m): 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
ju

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by spafu(m): 11:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
Adewunmi84: I know some university degree holder who graduated with cgpa below 2.5/ some who are still battling to know their CGPA in 400 level or below/ some who their scripts or marks are still missing will flood this thread and start spewing gibberish.The fact remains polytechnic students and graduates will never cease to remain the best in their field and I know that the government of this epileptic country will one day put a smile on the faces of polytechnic graduates and students.its a matter of time.I don't want to say much because I remember I taught a FUTA graduate where to locate start button on a keyboard in 2009 and also told a UNAAB graduate he cannot see a recycle bin on desktop CUG phone when I tricked him to find a deleted number on the phone which he searched for almost 45 minutes sweating.It is not a matter of professor or grammar..Its what you were taught and what you possess upstair..Back in UAC then,I worked with my ND and I trained at least 15 graduates on the use of excel,words,sage pastel,IDRS and so on.University graduates for that matter..Universities in Nigeria breed and produce semi-illiterares and idiots as graduates(imagine an OOU graduate of ILR asking a question"Am I ur children?"wink..Good night
A typical Yoruba, who thinks he has monopoly of knowledge.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
spafu:
A typical Yoruba, who thinks he has monopoly of knowledge.
brother Ode..I only contributed to the topic..Idiot

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by haywire07(m): 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
dellaziz: just a question... how come d cut off marks 4 universities are higher than polys... and most movers and shakers of industries attend. unis as opposed to polys...... most poly studs and grads that I know can't even hold talks with secondary school students... most are P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C
U comment mumu gan o......d cut off to polytechnics are low quite alright bt are the final products not better?
2. The cut off mark is low bt hav u 4gotten dat MPCE used to be over 300 b4 d introduction of UTME?
PS:U are the Pathetic contributor here

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by dellaziz(m): 11:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
O
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by dellaziz(m): 11:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
[q

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by haywire07(m): 7:18am On Jul 14, 2014
dellaziz:
IҒ Σ DΣΨ PΔIΠ U SΔΨ PΩLΨ ΠΔ 2nd CLΔSS GΩ CHΣω. LIҒΣ ωIRΣ.. ΩK...HΩω MΔΠΨ PΩLΨ STUDΣΠTS R βILLIΩΠΔIRΣS.. GΩVΣRΠΩRS. MΩVΣRS ΔΠD SHΔKΣRS .. ehn ҒIΠISH PRΩDUCT KΩ βΨ PRΩDUCT ΠI ....
PΔTHΣTIC SCUM... mumu
I guess u are a billionare..mumu..or u are from a billionare family and ur mumu sense didn't tell u that money is not made by certificate but by what u are able 2 offer 2 ur world.
Bros enter street and hustle and stop sitting on one useless certificate.
And its dis ur types dat usually study courses like "transport managent" all in d ame of Uni.certificate.
PS: ur end product na garage if u dnt wake up frm ur slumber

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by tosyne2much(m): 9:06am On Jul 14, 2014
haywire07:
I guess u are a billionare..mumu..or u are from a billionare family and ur mumu sense didn't tell u that money is not made by certificate but by what u are able 2 offer 2 ur world.
Bros enter street and hustle and stop sitting on one useless certificate.
And its dis ur types dat usually study courses like "transport managent" all in d ame of Uni.certificate.
PS: ur end product na garage if u dnt wake up frm ur slumber
hahahahahahaha chairman u wicked ooooo... Shey una get beef b4 ni ?

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by dellaziz(m): 10:27am On Jul 14, 2014
K

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by haywire07(m): 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
dellaziz:
we know say no b certificate.. buh how poly grads ni dey move and shake..in short uni drop outs make far much more waves in d world than poly grads...Kpele. ti e olodo poly
Yea correct..far waves in d world like drug dealers, NURTW chairman.
Can sm1 tell dis olodo dat ND graduate can stand on their own ? if he's ready to learn about the poly system.

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2014
dellaziz: its not a coincidence dat universities are rated more Dan polytechnics...mehn 90% of d ones in MAPOLY can't construct simple sentences and they brag d most about graduation... a lot of them are airheads...

my 2cent

Have you wondered why none of the Nigerian universities is not rated amongst top 500 in the world?

Have you even considered that there is discrimination between universities in Nigeria?

Do you remember that there was a time when Unijamb was separate from Polyjamb? And as such, you cannot claim superiority based on the current misguided jamb system?

Do you know your argument is weakened when you use one regrettable instance to generalize the inferiority of the polytechnic system?

My 2 kobo

3 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by tosyne2much(m): 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
kovak:

Have you wondered why none of the Nigerian universities is not rated amongst top 500 in the world?

Have you even considered that there is discrimination between universities in Nigeria?

Do you remember that there was a time when Unijamb was separate from Polyjamb? And as such, you cannot claim superiority based on the current misguided jamb system?

Do you know your argument is weakened when you use one regrettable instance to generalize the inferiority of the polytechnic system?

My 2 kobo
I love to hear wise ppl speak.... U ar a wise man bro.... As far as am concerned, nobody in Nigeria is exempted frm dis discrimination... However, it's part of our culture in Nigeria dats why we import ridiculous tins such as toothpick, toothbrush, cotton wool and so on... If the success of Chinese leading in technology we marvel at today is based on degree, wld dey stil be dependent as Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by smithsammy(m): 2:49pm On Jul 14, 2014
smithsammy: Really, we have profound students in the polytechnics. That one goes to polytechnic doesn't mean that he/she doesn't have what it takes to go the university. Some times, circumstances plays the negative part. I have a lot of university students and graduates has friends, and I can tell you, they all respect and compliments my academic prowess. I believe, I know and I'm very sure that I'm very proficient in my field - Business Administration.
you know, Nigerians are no longer after productivity, all they now regard is certificate. Like "Mettew Briggs" said: "it's not how far you have been coming; it's what you have been able to achieve." Hence, it's not the certificate you are holding, but, what you can bring to the table.

My junior brother is an ND holder, and he currently works in a manufacturing farm. he had initially applied for IT, but after going through their written and oral screening, he was recruited as the main accounting officer. The recruitment officer remark was that: he did exceptionally well, and his screening results shows that he can perform the major professional duties.

The sales of the company before his appointment was 1million plus, but now, it's 2million plus. This was achievable through his recommendations and some fraud loop-holes he was able to detect (which his predecessors could not detect). He developed an accounting mechanism which he used to curb and forestall any future fraud occurrence in the firm.

He said one day, the C.E.O of the firm called him and said: "i know by the time you leave here, you will be able to handle big organisations"

So, the summary of my epistle is that: Attending a university is only/just a privilege. hence, should not be use as a yard stick to measure brilliancy.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by dellaziz(m): 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
JO
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by haywire07(m): 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2014
dellaziz:
thhhaaHhh.. name any poly on d level of Harvard... Stanford... Oxford... Cambridge... then I go gree say poly na baba...
DEY DER DEY JONZE
First of all, ur post didn't answer my last comment..maybe u dodged it sha.
Dats by d way.
I think u are a fresher in d uni. Or possibly haven't gotten admission sef..bt since u re forming Uni.prof, maybe u shld equally name a university on d level of d schools u listed above.

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by haywire07(m): 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
tosyne2much: hahahahahahaha chairman u wicked ooooo... Shey una get beef b4 ni ?
Make una no vex jare...ema binu
Bt u and" Kovak " fkup na
Ask me how
*How?..hw una go dey allow dat admission nd atention seeker dey yarn "oro rirun" ontop dis page
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by mikedimeji(m): 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
Are people still on this subject matter. No now I think by now everybody should have rested their cases. We've all agreed that the education system of the country is an apology and we've also all agreed that the institution u attended has little or nothing to do with ur output ( ability). And by now we've also agreed that polytechnic and university and two different institution awarding two different certificates. Diploma(higher & ordinary) and Bachelor ranging from Bsc,BA, BPharm, BEd, BEng., MBBS, DVM and so on. And these certificates are not in any way equivalent simply Becos there are two different act that establishes these institutions and it's clearly stated the reason for the establishment of these institutions and what they are to do, how to do it and what to offer at the end. Forget about the fact that HND spend 5years including IT NCE too spend 4-5 years including teaching practice they can't come and say NCE is equivalent to Bsc. Am neither speaking for nor against just clearing peoples mind and saving them of unnecessary argument.

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
mikedimeji: Are people still on this subject matter. No now I think by now everybody should have rested their cases. We've all agreed that the education system of the country is an apology and we've also all agreed that the institution u attended has little or nothing to do with ur output ( ability). And by now we've also agreed that polytechnic and university and two different institution awarding two different certificates. Diploma(higher & ordinary) and Bachelor ranging from Bsc,BA, BPharm, BEd, BEng., MBBS, DVM and so on. And these certificates are not in any way equivalent simply Becos there are two different act that establishes these institutions and it's clearly stated the reason for the establishment of these institutions and what they are to do, how to do it and what to offer at the end. Forget about the fact that HND spend 5years including IT NCE too spend 4-5 years including teaching practice they can't come and say NCE is equivalent to Bsc. Am neither speaking for nor against just clearing peoples mind and saving them of unnecessary argument.

Well articulated write up. Succinct and balanced view of the matter.

However, my misgiving toward the unjust discrimination is based on the misguided enactments which prolong the tenor of polytechnic education from a reasonable 2years period! The internet is readily available, so I implore you to visit the web site of University of Manchester, or any other prominent university in the UK.

These universities offer 2-year courses in management sciences and award such graduates with HND. For engineering students, they would have to go for 3 years.

In Nigeria (remember that our education system was carved out of the British system), you'd have to spend 5 years of your life running a similar program that would take only two years in the UK!

Now this is the most interesting part: in the UK, if you proceed to spend an extra year writing your thesis (project), you'd be awarded a BSC!

So my question is: what is the basis for this unjust discrimination? If the polytechnic apologists are fighting from this standpoint, then I'm in full support angry

4 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
kovak:

However, my misgiving toward the unjust discrimination is based on the misguided enactments which prolong the tenor of polytechnic education from a reasonable 2years period! The internet is readily available, so I implore you to visit the web site of University of Manchester, or any other prominent university in the UK.

These universities offer 2-year courses in management sciences and award such graduates with HND. For engineering students, they would have to go for 3 years.

In Nigeria (remember that our education system was carved out of the British system), you'd have to spend 5 years of your life running a similar program that would take only two years in the UK!

Now this is the most interesting part: in the UK, if you proceed to spend an extra year writing your thesis (project), you'd be awarded a BSC!

So my question is: what is the basis for this unjust discrimination? If the polytechnic apologists are fighting from this standpoint, then I'm in full support angry

Well said! I love objective views, balanced with logical reasoning. When an arguement is being analyse, we have to think in 3D in order to propagate clear and convincing picture so as to arrive at acceptable agreements!

This is what you have done.

Well, my main objective has been attained if I should confess grin. For the records, though preposterous, it's known that the HND/Bsc comparison often breed hot, ego-centric views which erupt like magma in volacanoes. I kew this was going to be another war and that was why I created this thread... And I exited(unfollow) when it got to page 2 until now.

Thanks to everyone for their time.

But Kovaks, you did a wonderful job in your last post that I quoted, quite elaborate and insightful.

Long Live Nairaland!

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by seuner: 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2014
dellaziz: just a question... how come d cut off marks 4 universities are higher than polys... and most movers and shakers of industries attend. unis as opposed to polys...... most poly studs and grads that I know can't even hold talks with secondary school students... most are P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C
You are limited in your research, oga, (movers and shakers of industry) what industry? petroleum industry,construction industry, where the shakers are expatriates....answer me oga....

the only industry u can claim d nigerian graduates are shaking is d banking industry and the HND holders are ussually at d fore front of operations in most of the commercial banks. just walk into any of. these bank branches GTB, First bank, access bank, skye e.tc., those faces you will meet at d customer care unit and also accross the transaction desk; apart from d bsh, are all HND holders....do they speak good english? was there error when they carried out ur transaction? if u have issues with ur account, are they not the ones u will meet for solution? so what point are u trying to raise.

mind u, bisi onasanya, the MD of the oldest nigerian bank, first bank is an alumni of LAGOS STATE POLYTECHNIC, my alma matter.

oga my advice, when u are successful, nobody will care about ur qualification. have u cared to find out the qualification of dangote, otedola, adenuga....oga, find ur purpose, stick to it and stop running enmity in ur veins...
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by seuner: 11:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
dellaziz:
IҒ Σ DΣΨ PΔIΠ U SΔΨ PΩLΨ ΠΔ 2nd CLΔSS GΩ CHΣω. LIҒΣ ωIRΣ.. ΩK...HΩω MΔΠΨ PΩLΨ STUDΣΠTS R βILLIΩΠΔIRΣS.. GΩVΣRΠΩRS. MΩVΣRS ΔΠD SHΔKΣRS .. ehn ҒIΠISH PRΩDUCT KΩ βΨ PRΩDUCT ΠI ....
PΔTHΣTIC SCUM... mumu
you are really a fresher.........Aregbesola, the governor of osun state is an HND holder.........bisi onasanya, md of first bank graduated from Lagos state polytechnic,
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by seuner: 11:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
dellaziz:
PΔTHΣTIC SCUM... mumu
you are really a fresher.........Aregbesola, the governor of osun state, gov ibikunle amosun of ogun state, governor rabiu kwankwanso of kano state are all HND holders.........bisi onasanya, md of first bank graduated from Lagos state polytechnic,....
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by dellaziz(m): 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
L
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by dellaziz(m): 11:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
[q
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by dellaziz(m): 11:55pm On Jul 14, 2014
seuner: you are really a fresher.........Aregbesola, the governor of osun state is an HND holder.........bisi onasanya, md of first bank graduated from Lagos state polytechnic,....
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Localamos(m): 6:17am On Jul 15, 2014
2sExy1:

Well said! I love objective views, balanced with logical reasoning. When an arguement is being analyse, we have to think in 3D in order to propagate clear and convincing picture so as to arrive at acceptable agreements!

This is what you have done.

Well, my main objective has been attained if I should confess grin. For the records, though preposterous, it's known that the HND/Bsc comparison often breed hot, ego-centric views which erupt like magma in volacanoes. I kew this was going to be another war and that was why I created this thread... And I exited(unfollow) when it got to page 2 until now.

Thanks to everyone for their time.

But Kovaks, you did a wonderful job in your last post that I quoted, quite elaborate and insightful.

Long Live Nairaland!

The author of this thread has laid this matter to rest na. Please let's all close this chapter of bickering and egotism.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by dellaziz(m): 9:46am On Jul 17, 2014
[qout
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by kayusbrown(m): 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
kovak:

Thanks for re-emphasizing the crux of the matter. I emphasized these points too in my previous post. The BTEC-HND of the UK is equivalent to the Nigerian ND (National Diploma).
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
mcpat: If e too pain una for jeje enter university... Using engineering as a case study, which lecturer would u remember from a polytechnic that has made wave, but u will surely remember prof. Mowete of unilag and prof. Ibahdodhe of uniben who won the NLNG prize for science.. In economics and other fields professors and senior lecturers from nigerian universities have impacted more, because sey dem dan join PCE with UME now una wan they follow us talk now.. I think the recruitment method is fair enough
B.ENG,B.SC = MANAGERIAL POSITIONS
HND = ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
lets leave it that way, if e too pain u.. Send ur child to a uni
You are a Uniben Graduate, I've noticed your comments so far have not been impressive possibly because there are still some experiences you should get to shape the way you buttress your points. People from my great school don't talk the way you do. Except something else is happening there now!...

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Hndholder(m): 8:14am On Oct 02, 2014
The policy maker knows better. Let us celebrate the Unemployment that follow the rejection of technical education in NIGERIA
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Kowor(f): 7:34am On Nov 04, 2014
tosyne2much:
hahahahahahaha chairman u wicked ooooo... Shey una get beef b4 ni ?
I wonder o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Study In Ghana - Admission Is Opened This January: / The Ancient Pyramids - I Know How It Was Built, Why It Was Built, Who Built It. / Amotekun Is Cheetah Not Leopard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.