Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,775 members, 7,820,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court (58493 Views)

Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC / First Degree And Masters Opportunity In The Usa- No Sat I, Sat Ii, Toefl Or Gre / Is Futy"s 2008/2009 Admission List into first degree programs out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
Uni students yapping their mouth like wtf!!

Someone said they are buying textbooks of 2500 and so, pls come to my school and see how much we buy textbook in HND level, none of them is less than N2000.

I study computer science and all these Uni computer science students in dia 400L can't stand an average student in ND in my state, that's Abia Poly.
No wonder they always come to ND students to create softwares they use in their project.

These guys talk as if they r d best, they carry courses over from their first year and they settle it with money in there last year, who tries that in POLY, two COs and u spend two more years at home.

For me, until a uni student beat me in my course, they r nt better than me and my colleagues in Poly.

Meanwhile I enjoy the money these Uni guys pay me and my guys every semester break to come teach them, and something I started since I was in ND2.

HND nt equal to degree ni, Degree big cert no brain ko.

5 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by sevendays2web: 10:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
Admission...... ADMISSION........ ADMISSION
THE POLYTECHNIC, IBADAN. FORM IS OUT.
Post UTME. Application Starts - 3rd July 2014, Deadline -
18th July
2014. Post-UTME Application Fee - ₦5,000
HND. Application Starts - 3rd July 2014, Deadline - 15th
Aug.
2014. Application Form - ₦7,500 + CBT - ₦5,000.
PART TIME. PT-ND, PT-HND & PT-PGD Application Starts -
3rd July
2014. Application Form - ₦12,000 + CBT - ₦5,000.
To do the ONLINE REGISTRATION , just come over to the
opposite of micro finance bank, the polytechnic, main
campus and ask of 7days2web. Or wasapp on 08036971155.
Bbm, 7E14A590. Or call on. 08120235555.
Please re-broadcast it..... more blessing and Good luck to u
all...

TO REGISTER BY YOUR SELF YOU CAN LOGIN TO www.admission.polyibadan.edu.ng
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by tosyne2much(m): 12:12am On Jul 06, 2014
Tosdam61: The case would remain in the old shape it was. Right from admission process, the dichotomy has been made cleared and set. Ninety-nine percent of students who are in Polytechnic today wish they gain admission in University from the onset of their admission hurdle but due to thier inability to get there they have no other choice than switching to where their ability lies.

Let set the record straight without being biased. A University has it mode of impacting likewise Poly does. I heard some people making reference to themselves that they teach a university student likewise so many university students do.

An institution can only build a man and it is left to the man to convince the world that he has built himself. Truly we have some uni students that can't defend their certificate just like the way some poly student can't stand the knowledge of some secondary school students.

Some polytechnics in Nigeria are not even worthwhile to be called Higher institution but a mere advanced secondary school base on their facilities and products.

What I think we should be concerned about is the adulterate condition of our education in Nigeria not the dichotomy in degrees. We have some polytechnic students who are better paid or employed than their counterpart.

A degree doesn't makes a man but a man makes a degree.
A university or polytechnic graduate should be made to create Jobs with their mindset not to just be a doll looking for job alone....
u ar a man of wisdom

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by tosyne2much(m): 12:26am On Jul 06, 2014
Frm d comments av read so far, only few persons who claim to be university graduate cld reason to a high degree.. Can imagine some fools wasting
their time to argue if a University
Graduate is superior to a Polytechnic
Graduate or not.
Whoever told you that your greatness
or success is attached to HND or Bsc must have told you the biggest lie.. When has Bsc becom an automatic passport to success ? U ar bad mouthing polytechnic graduates wen som illiterates out there ar makin cool cash..... Most of you dnt av clear understanding of life.. God says I wil show mercy on whom I wil show mercy on and not those wit HND, Bsc or Phd... My advice to all Polytechnics stdnts is, develop urslf and prove ur Bsc counterpart dat u ar beta dan dem

9 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 06, 2014
Handcuff:
Which polytechnic is that ?
Yabatech
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 06, 2014
FrancisTony:

Jamb cutoff mark can never be used to judge but employer of labour should engage both degree holder in a battle of intellect.

At least, we have people that used expo to score 260 in jamb and entered University with runse.
And some brilliant student with 240 in jamb settled for Polytechnic because they don't have money for University runse i.e they got admitted to poly easily.

#Enough said.

To me, degree doesn't really matter if you have connection. Three of my cousin that studied in YABATECH are working in a big company while some University graduate are busy roaming the street.
Bros help me tell am oo, i scored 242 in jamb 2012, i went for futo post utme and i scored 264, the normal cut off for computer science was 200 but because of how people used runs to pass the exam they increased to 265, because of 1 mark, i didn't get dat admission. Meanwhile one senior lecturer was telling me to pay 150k, i just forgot about it. People are rushing university because think that because you hold a B.sc you get work sharp sharp, dat is super story.

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 06, 2014
Weselion: Bros help me tell am oo, i scored 242 in jamb 2012, i went for futo post utme and i scored 264, the normal cut off for computer science was 200 but because of how people used runs to pass the exam they increased to 265, because of 1 mark, i didn't get dat admission. Meanwhile one senior lecturer was telling me to pay 150k, i just forgot about it. People are rushing university because think that because you hold a B.sc you get work sharp sharp, dat is super story.

Exactly!! I am just sobbing for some ignorant posters here.

Not everybody in polytechnic didn't score 200+ in jamb.

Atleast, if they claim to be better academically than Polytechnic student, why are they scared of competition when they can easily beat them in aptitude test.

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Soclose007(m): 8:38am On Jul 06, 2014
Evestar200: HND cert can not be parallel with degree becuase goverment made it so, bt in reality HND cert is far better than degree. A PTI graduate is more respected accepted and honor than any any universities graduate in Nigeria.
u just blow out my mind.i remember vividly when i went for an interview,both poly and uni graduate.honestly speaking the poly beat everyone hands down.this girl from PTI warri was just something else on that day.i respect that school P.T.I

3 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Soclose007(m): 8:43am On Jul 06, 2014
FrancisTony:

It's now called a University.

FUPRE- Federal University of Petroleum Effurun.
guy u got it wrong P.T.I (petroleum training institute) is different from FUPRE (federal university petroleum resourceses effurun)...but they are both in the same location....effurun warri delta state
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Soclose007(m): 8:51am On Jul 06, 2014
chigo9: why are my even replying this fool!
as u reply na good,,u knw atimes,some pipo dnt knw that are mad or foolish until u remind them.that guy has a fish like brain.guy,he will learn from ur reply nw
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Soclose007(m): 8:56am On Jul 06, 2014
Evestar200: dont mind d guy, he think sch is abt degree, he shld carry his degree and go and look 4 a job with a PTI HND holder, if he will not be put in d backyard and see d PTI HND holder been employed.
bro HND too far,i am telling you PTI OND dust everybody away,there are some people who came with various Degree from west and North

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 06, 2014
Evestar200: Professors ko confessor ni, it must be equal or poly shld be scrap and turn all poly to uni

Why must they be equal? that would be so unfair, 80% Of those in in polytechnics are those who couldn't make it into the university not their fault though, maybe cos of insufficient mental and intellectual resources. go and check this year's. utme statistics and see how people have changed from universities to polytechnics after checking their results. the university is a much higher place. and this people complaining were not forced to go to the polytechnic in the first place, but like i said earlier, maybe they couldn't make it.

3 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 06, 2014
akpur1: Poly this uni dat. Ave been 2both there is more work there than the universities. You can never compare Fed poly auchi to uniport,unilag,unical,delsu,convenat,bells,landmark,Rsust,AAU etc. Cos federal poly auchi is second best tetiary institution in Nigeria and best polytechnic in Africa. Where were universities?

second best in terms of what? so it was rated above oau, ui, unilorin, unilag, uniben etc. post the link here or tell us the organization that rated it so
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 06, 2014
donphilopus:

What's this guy spewing now?! When we were buying textbooks at the rate of #2,000/2,500 in my school and poly students were buying handouts #300/400, you're here telling us that there's no difference!

well in the college of medicine, some books are as expensive as 15k
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 06, 2014
Soclose007: u just blow out my mind.i remember vividly when i went for an interview,both poly and uni graduate.honestly speaking the poly beat everyone hands down.this girl from PTI warri was just something else on that day.i respect that school P.T.I
grin grin Proudly PTI !

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by omodway: 11:18am On Jul 06, 2014
I undestand you all, it is tru dah UNI acpt 200 in jamb while poly go 4 150. Buh 1 tin u guys dnt knw is dah, 200 is 4 Degree straight while 150 is jst 4 OND. There is clear difference between HND and OND. When u finishd OND u go 4 HND if u hv a good grade.. THIS IS MY VIEW. IF dia x anybdy dah can shed more lite on my view, u're welcome.

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by akpur1(m): 11:32am On Jul 06, 2014
SAPEDRO:

second best in terms of what? so it was rated above oau, ui, unilorin, unilag, uniben etc. post the link here or tell us the organization that rated it so
check best tetiary institutions in Nigeria
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Mcbussy(m): 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
Weselion: Is 150 an abysmal low mark? Remember that uni's are now 180. Universities students spend 4 years in school, polytechnic students spend more than that with serious emphasis on praticals. Some Unilag students come to my school for assistance in projects and assignments

I did practicals too dude...trust me,practicals are easier than cramming 450 page textbooks and journals.

3 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Muktar05(m): 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
Can somebody with HND in SLT(physics option) go for PGD in Accounting pls?
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Evestar200(f): 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
Soclose007: u just blow out my mind.i remember vividly when i went for an interview,both poly and uni graduate.honestly speaking the poly beat everyone hands down.this girl from PTI warri was just something else on that day.i respect that school P.T.I
that sch is one of the best sch in Africa, many companies dont joke with their graduate,, i have see many pple with PT1 OND result employed and receiving millions every month end

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Evestar200(f): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
Soclose007: bro HND too far,i am telling you PTI OND dust everybody away,there are some people who came with various Degree from west and North
true, i just used HND for d guy. Companies employ PTI OND graduates than Universities graduates bt d disadvantage is that ur job is not safe with that OND cuz some1 with HND result will come and take that job away 4rm u, thats why many companies always tell them to go for their HND, that they will employ them when they are tru with their HND.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Orikinla(m): 4:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nigerians are the funniest creatures on earth. grin
And majority of them are intellectually re-tarded.

8 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Youngzedd(m): 4:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
O set

Phyno
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Evestar200: true, Auchi poly was ranked 2nd best institution in Nigeria last year and if am not mistaken it was d 12 best institution in Africa and also the best poly in Africa follow by Namibia poly. And if u are talking abt ranking, unilag is no where near top cuz schools like OAU, uniben, Auchi, Unilorin, UNN, UI,AAU are ranked above unilag

madam where did you get this from?
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by zicoraads: 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
MissIndependent: When i heard and saw the way HND certificate holders were harrassed all in a bid to participate in WAEC marking or WAEC examiners, that was when i knew that they are really on a long thing. May God help una. sad
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by josite: 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
the court will throw out the suit.the court cannot force any employer to give u a post or a particular salary or promote you.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by lukaino(m): 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
Weselion: School is School whether profs or no profs. After all, polytechnic students stay longer in school.
What professors? those who cannot speak correct English?
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by numericalguy(m): 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
Sheenor: i read it too.........i hope they do something about it . HND cannot forever remain second to degree.....they have to be equal....yeah!.....they most be equal.

Hmm..
I can see you are repping your HND folks.

5 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
I don't support the discrimination, i pity the poly graduates a lot - but my own problem be say...why are poly graduates somehow gullible and local? Their package dey tire me, the way they talk, even if there is something in their head, dia packaging always comes out wrong.

9 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by deeonlyme: 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
IS IT POSSIBLE FOR AN ENGINEER TO BE WORKING UNDER A TECHNICIAN

4 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
How can you ever compare HND to Bachelors? cheesy

So inotherwords you are telling me that Ibadan poly and University of Ibadan is the same in graduates and quality of education undecided undecided

Clowns. grin

7 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
Normality: Uni students yapping their mouth like wtf!!

Someone said they are buying textbooks of 2500 and so, pls come to my school and see how much we buy textbook in HND level, none of them is less than N2000.

I study computer science and all these Uni computer science students in dia 400L can't stand an average student in ND in my state, that's Abia Poly.
No wonder they always come to ND students to create softwares they use in their project.

These guys talk as if they r d best, they carry courses over from their first year and they settle it with money in there last year, who tries that in POLY, two COs and u spend two more years at home.

For me, until a uni student beat me in my course, they r nt better than me and my colleagues in Poly.

Meanwhile I enjoy the money these Uni guys pay me and my guys every semester break to come teach them, and something I started since I was in ND2.

HND nt equal to degree ni, Degree big cert no brain ko.
hehehe, calmdown and leave Abia poly out of this. Am from Abia state i base in Aba, inshort Abia poly dey near ma house...them dey do IT for ma bank, they are the most gullible set of poly undergraduates av seen. They don't speak well, they don't dress well. Shey na Abia poly students dey enter bank and dey can't write amount in words. Abeg, mention anoda poly except u trying to tell me majority of dem are like that or am meeting the rong 1s.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Study In Ghana - Admission Is Opened This January: / The Ancient Pyramids - I Know How It Was Built, Why It Was Built, Who Built It. / Amotekun Is Cheetah Not Leopard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.