Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

How To "Emasculate" A Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To "Emasculate" A Man (5062 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To "Emasculate" A Man by zboyd: 12:48am On Jul 05, 2014
Some women know how to hit men where it hurts the most - the ego. Following are 10 Ways women can shred a man's ego to pieces, whether unconsciously or out of spite.

1. Turning Your Nose Up At What He Does For A Living - If you have an issue with what your man does for a living - leave. If you decide to stay put, know that belittling your man's profession is akin to laughing at the size of his Mr. Johnson. Keep it up and you may find yourself single again.

2. Criticize His Salary - Under no circumstances, should you disparage your husband's salary, even if you feel justified in doing so. It makes you look greedy, materialistic and unloving. It's not uncommon for a wife to bring home more bacon than the husband but, to constantly throw that up in his face, especially in the midst of an argument is beyond insensitive - it's downright mean and nasty. Is that the way to talk to someone you claim to love?

3. Undermine His Efforts To Help You When You Asked Him To - Why did you ask your husband to help you and then turn around and do it your way? When you do this you are, in effect, sending the message that he is incompetent and unreliable - thereby undermining his manhood.

4. Reading Him The Riot Act In Public - To some onlookers, a woman going off on her man in public, for whatever reason is funny, but not to the man. Most times it's assumed he's at fault. If he turns tail and walks away, he looks weak and hen-pecked. If he retaliates, he looks like an verbally abusive brute. With no way out, he might as well castrate himself, salt and pepper his family jewels and hand them over to his woman on a silver platter. What else can he do? Tame that shrew in you while in public. Perfect that "Wait until we get home" look, so that he'll quickly recognize when you're displeased. Then, when you get home, let him have it, if he deserves it.

5. Being Bossy And Controlling - If you don't like to be bossed around and controlled, neither does your husband. Constant critiquing, belting out instructions and hovering over everything he does not a happy husband make. However, some men love to be dominated - especially in the bedroom. If you discover you aren't married to a man like that - tread carefully. Most men don't like bossy, controlling women. You are not his slave master.

6. Asking Another Man To Do What He Considers "His Job" - Most men take pride in doing what they consider "their job". But they take offense, if you go over their head and bring in another man to do that job. When you do this, you are sending the message that you think him incapable of doing the job right. To your man, this can be perceived as the height of disrespect and shows you have no faith in him. If there is a specific job to be done, he should be the one to call in another man to do it - not you. How would you feel, if he called his Mum (a more experienced woman) to ask advice on the best way to do what you consider "your job"?

7. Hurting His Feelings - Some husbands can be just as sensitive as their wives. It's one thing to voice your feelings or opinions about certain issues, quite another to be verbally abusive when expressing your feelings and opinions about certain issues. Your berating, fault-finding, humiliating, mocking, and biting sarcasm are all forms of verbal abuse. Are you aware of the resentment and even hate, you may be breeding within the heart of your husband? Are you prepared for the day he lashes out?

8. Kicking Him When He's Down - Did you forget how supportive and generous your man was when you were dealing with family issues, struggling through school, had little or no money to pay for school fees, buy clothes, toiletries, food and etc. and everything in between? Yet the minute your man is faced with job loss or some other life-altering event that causes him to lose his income, you are quick to badmouth him to your family and friends. Isn't turnabout fair play? If you have always been treated well by your man and, he's proven to be a hard worker and faithful to the core, why can't you support him, if you're capable of doing so, when he needs it most? Surely you can't be that selfish - could you?

9. Leaving Him For A Man With Deeper Pockets - Did you marry him for love or money? Of course, it's understandable for you to marry a man who seemed more than capable of supporting you and your future children. But why cast your eyes upon a man who is more successful than the man you married and vowed to love and honor for the rest of your life? Will the next man suffer the same fate as your first husband? Are you that shallow? What do they call women, like you, who sell their wares to the highest bidder?

10. Belittling His Performance In The Bedroom - You fraud you! You baited your husband-to-be with your tiger-cat tendencies but, after the "I Dos" and honeymoon period (usually 1 year), you have as much interest in intimacy as an 80-year old. After several annoying encounters, you've determined that intimacy is a necessary evil you must endure to maintain the lifestyle you are accustomed to, even if you have to fake it. Good luck, Madame. The consequences are yours alone, unless you have children who will surely suffer from your fickleness. Pray that your husband will never wake up and smell the scent of your scat.

Most men will move heaven and earth to please you, if they determine you are "The One". If you're messed up in the head, steer clear of any relationships, until you get your head together. The last thing you want to do is add to the population of "damaged men". It's unfair to you and them.

3 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 05, 2014
Nah, that's only being a strong, independent black woman. Zboyd, you're just a pathetic, misogynist slave rider. How can a man be a real man if he can't take all this in his stride? grin

3 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by zboyd: 1:32am On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: Nah, that's only being a strong, independent black woman. Zboyd, you're just a pathetic, misogynist slave rider. How can a man be a real man if he can't take all this in his stride? grin

I'm neither pathetic nor am I a misogynist. I don't hate men. I will never hate men. Hatred is very destructive. Best see the best in people. This doesn't mean you ignore the worst in people. Know the difference.

Address your issues, poster.

I refuse to be your scapegoat.

5 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by pickabeau1: 1:34am On Jul 05, 2014
grin grin grin grin

actually zboyd is a anti-naija, misandrist

I wont be surprised if she is the product of an intellectual mum who took her for feminist rallies.. upon maturity she finds out she is the product of naija fada who abandoned her mum due to that one's uncontrollable ways..

Coupled with the fact that the man was untraceable... common themes across her threads

Man Hating, Daddy issues, abandonment syndrome.. a lethal cocktail

Lawd help her

2 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Ewuro1: 2:27am On Jul 05, 2014
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by cococandy(f): 2:42am On Jul 05, 2014
Am I on the same thread?
I was thinking the tone is otherwise.
As in the don't-do-these-things-if-you-love-your-man kind of tone?

9 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Ewuro1: 3:39am On Jul 05, 2014
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy: Am I on the same thread?

My sister, the reasoning of some nairalanders. They will just read only the topic and pounce on the poster not minding to read across the message.

Nice points at Op, sometimes people do somethings unknowingly. Need to check these things out and continue with life, adjust where needed . Just like a typical advice you get from churches or family members.

Keep your head up, don't let some frustrated beings get to you. smiley

8 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by lomaxx: 6:54am On Jul 05, 2014
Chillisauce:

My sister, the reasoning of some nairalanders. They will just read only the topic and pounce on the poster not minding to read across the message.

Nice points at Op, sometimes people do somethings unknowingly. Need to check these things out and continue with life, adjust where needed . Just like a typical advice you get from churches or family members.

As in ehn ...

I was beginning to think I was on the wrong thread. I had to read the post thrice to be sure I saw what the "sabi-too-wells" saw.

So much for poor reading attitude.

7 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by zeb04(f): 7:31am On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: grin grin grin grin

I wont be surprised if she is the product of an intellectual mum who took her for feminist rallies.. upon maturity she finds out she is the product of naija fada who abandoned her mum due to that one's uncontrollable ways..

Coupled with the fact that the man was untraceable... common themes across her threads

Lawd help her
that is wrong btw did you read the 0p's post at all

2 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 05, 2014
Nice points OP!
Being a supportive spouse doesn't belittle your ego neither does it make you less-human! Do unto others what you want them to you!

1 Like

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by cococandy(f): 8:47am On Jul 05, 2014
I wasn't even insinuating anyone's mind. Lol.
I read the thread and the posts that followed got me confused.
I know the Op does focus the heat on men many times so I was even happy this time that she balanced it by calling out the women too.

Hence my question.
Goodmorning.
Ewuro1: And What's wrong with the comments? undecided Are we now confined abi restricted ni to a specific way of writing posts on NL?

Overthinking and insinuating people's mind at this time of the night ( Naija time) is no good cococandy, everybody's entitled to their opinion. smiley

#If ANY SANE woman prefers to punish her man according to OP then I don't see the purpose of that union in the first place undecided

3 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by pickabeau1: 9:30am On Jul 05, 2014
zeb04: that is wrong btw did you read the 0p's post at all

I did...

Go through her profile her posts

Make your conclusions

Topic
Frustration really must be setiing in on some people's lives.only a frustrated person will see it

make your point and move on..
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 05, 2014
English must be veeeeeeeerrrrrry dificult to comprehend by some people sha o. Nice points Op.

1 Like

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 05, 2014
Chillisauce:

SMH.
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 05, 2014
zboyd:

I'm neither pathetic nor am I a misogynist. I don't hate men. I will never hate men. Hatred is very destructive. Best see the best in people. This doesn't mean you ignore the worst in people. Know the difference.

Address your issues, poster.

I refuse to be your scapegoat.
Hey hey hey, calm it sweety, no need to be all defensive I was only being sarcastic. I, actually, am on the side of your post. smiley

1 Like

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 05, 2014
Is sarcasm lost on nairalanders? How would I, "a man", appreciate my woman doing all that to moi? Isn't that what we, men, almost always complain about? Is it being disrespected in public or not being "submissive" that would make me jump for joy? Shior, "intelligent and well-schooled people" of nairaland, I greet una.
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by pickabeau1: 9:46am On Jul 05, 2014
The way some NL females reason

Some talk of English comprehension when you can't make a comprehensible post..

laughable

2 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by 5minsmadness: 9:52am On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy: Am I on the same thread?

I swear I thought the same way o. This is zboyd speaking up for men! You guys should support her and not castigate her!

This nairaland rapture really did a lot of things o shocked
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by cococandy(f): 9:54am On Jul 05, 2014
She's fully supported.
5minsmadness:

I swear I thought the same way o. This is zboyd speaking up for men! You guys should support her and not castigated her!

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 05, 2014
5minsmadness:

I swear I thought the same way o. This is zboyd speaking up for men! You guys should support her and not castigate her!

Thank you jare!! Better person wey e head dey work well. she is actually speaking for men.

1 Like

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by 5minsmadness: 10:10am On Jul 05, 2014
8. Kicking Him When He's Down - Did you forget how supportive and generous your man was when you were dealing with family issues, struggling through school, had little or no money to pay for school fees, buy clothes, toiletries, food and etc. and everything in between? Yet the minute your man is faced with job loss or some other life-altering event that causes him to lose his income, you are quick to badmouth him to your family and friends. Isn't turnabout fair play? If you have always been treated well by your man and, he's proven to be a hard worker and faithful to the core, why can't you support him, if you're capable of doing so, when he needs it most? Surely you can't be that selfish - could you?

All the points are very important but I just wanted to stress on this a little bit.
A thread was created here a while ago on a lady who said her husband was eating into her finances. She was angry that the mam seemed not to be doing anything for the family again and she was the one now bringing in the money. In no time other females and some males swooped in, insulting the man, saying what a deadbeat he was how African mentality was bad, how she should cater for herself only and leave the man to suffer.

Nobody saw the part in her story where she said he supported her while they were courting. Nobody saw the part where the man took care of her when they got married until he lost his job and she in turn found a job. It amazes me how some women can be so shallow and selfish. Now they want him to 'be a man' and go out even if its labour work to find a job, regardless of who he was before.
Happily though I think the complaining woman later realised people were projecting their own problems on her marriage and decided to seek better advice elsewhere.

Women should realise that not everything ends on the man's table. You married him didn't you? You loved him before you agreed to marry him, right? Do you know what 'love' entails? If you didn't love him why marry himin the first place and then start complaining or talking of divorce at the slightest signs of difficulty? Marriage is for life, you think problems won't crop up?

Hope I haven't derailed just wanted to get some bile off my throat. Una do-o.

2 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by 5minsmadness: 10:11am On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Thank you jare!! Better person wey e head dey work well. she is actally speaking for men.
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 05, 2014
lomaxx:

As in ehn ...

I was beginning to think I was on the wrong thread. I had to read the post thrice to be sure I saw what the "sabi-too-wells" saw.

So much for poor reading attitude.

You haven't seen nada. Parading every thread, going though people's profile, stalking posters everywhere.

Someone opens a thread, you don't read and you jump on the person talking thrash.
pickabeau1: grin grin grin grin
Lawd help her

An this is what normal being with clear head has to say undecided

So what if she was abandoned. Will she be the first or last? You really need to log off and cool that head of yours down. This is highly disgusting coming from you. Bully much!

6 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by pickabeau1: 11:07am On Jul 05, 2014
Smh..see pot calling kettle black

A renowned bully that resorts to cursing people's mothers and wives and even kids calling me a bully
Abi no be u dey curse some posts ago
grin grin

Because u called me out I will respond..

That is my opinion based on her posts before the tsunami
This zboyd has never had anything good to say about men particularly Nigerian men in relationships with AA women
Take time and read her posts

Maybe you also need to log off and cool your head
Clear your head too.. Some of your posts are also disgusting

3 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by 5minsmadness: 11:09am On Jul 05, 2014
Can we all just calm down? Am supposed to be the mad one here!
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 05, 2014
5minsmadness: Can we all just calm down? Am supposed to be the mad one here!
it would seem your madness is thread-borne. Hehehe grin. Don't worry, what you see is mutual attraction but because they're married to different people it's expressed as frustration.
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by 5minsmadness: 11:16am On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: it would seem your madness is thread-borne. Hehehe grin. Don't worry, what you see is mutual attraction but because they're married to different people it's expressed as frustration.
Oh...I see... tongue
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: Smh..see pot calling kettle black

A renowned bully that resorts to cursing people's mothers and wives and even kids calling me a bully
Abi no be u dey curse some posts ago
grin grin

Because u called me out I will respond..

That is my opinion based on her posts before the tsunami
This zboyd has never had anything good to say about men particularly Nigerian men in relationships with AA women
Take time and read her posts

Maybe you also need to log off and cool your head
Clear your head too.. Some of your posts are also disgusting

I don't look for trouble oh, but if you call me out, I will def respond, depending on the time I have on my hands, and believe me, I can go very messy and dirty wink.
However, I'm not gonna roll in the mud with you today, as I got my clean suit on. Maybe some other day.

Enjoy the thread, and keep up with my posts too.

5 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by pickabeau1: 11:25am On Jul 05, 2014
why should i call you out

if u want to be messy or dirty its your choice.. e Ink is free

enjoy the thread and keep up with my posts also wink

1 Like

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
Bwahahahahahahaahahaha, what did you eat zboyd?? Were u asked to repent from ur sins and quit the man hate so u can go to heaven Anyway, I look at ur post with a squint...

1 Like

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by zboyd: 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
njokusboy: Bwahahahahahahaahahaha, what did you eat zboyd?? Were u asked to repent from ur sins and quit the man hate so u can go to heaven Anyway, I look at ur post with a squint...

First, you no read well.

Second, pointing out men behaving badly is not man-hating - it's truth-telling.

Third, why would any good man object to criticisms aimed at bad men?

Fourth, squinting is just a step up from eyes closed.

Fifth, thanks for your opinion - it's well noted!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graphic photos: Woman Cuts Off Husband's joystick,Kills Him For Cheating On Her / Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans / Photo: Nigerian Woman, Temitope Adebamiro Kills Cheating Husband In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.