Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,597 members, 7,955,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:11 PM

How To "Emasculate" A Man - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To "Emasculate" A Man (5126 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
zboyd:

First, you no read well.

Second, pointing out men behaving badly is not man-hating - it's truth-telling.

Third, why would any good man object to criticisms aimed at bad men?

Fourth, squinting is just a step up from eyes closed.

Fifth, thanks for your opinion - it's well noted!
. Always complaining about men is not truthtelling, its an obsession, it invariably points to a fault in you rather than in the men you always complain about.... Your criticisms are not aimed at bad men, they are usually one sided, myopic postulations... Nd I squint because I am unsure of your intentions here.... Thanks...
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by pickabeau1: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
lol...
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by crackhaus: 2:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
Okay so what exactly is the purpose of the OP?
Listing ways to emasculate men or advising women against doing any of the things listed?

The title and first sentence contradict every other thing in that post.
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by bukatyne(f): 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
@OP,

Good points

Lol! at NLers cheesy
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by crackhaus: 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2014
bukatyne: @OP,

Good points

Lol! at NLers cheesy
Good points you want to try out OR good points to never try out?

I think this zboyd character needs to just state explicitly what the purpose of the post is.
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Ewuro1: 2:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by pickabeau1: 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2014
scoop...? grin grin... i will call this using bucket.... grin grin grin

one can only scoop from the excess they have

only from examples relevant in their own lives
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by rebella(f): 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro1 these things happen everyday in Nigeria. Frustrated wives stay in the marriage because of the society, divorce is like a crime in Nigeria. Unlike in developed countries where once a party can't tolerate the other in marriage and has tried all possible avenues to make it work its divorce. Ours will preach endure.

1 Like

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Ewuro1: 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
Badt man grin
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Ewuro1: 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
rebella: Ewuro1 these things happen everyday in Nigeria. Frustrated wives stay in the marriage because of the society, divorce is like a crime in Nigeria. Unlike in developed countries where once a party can't tolerate the other in marriage and has tried all possible avenues to make it work its divorce. Ours will preach endure.

OP lives abroad hence my question. smiley

Besides lets stop belittling Nigeria women to nothing, they have a choice to walk if it ain't working.
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by freecharles(m): 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
I dnt knw
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by rebella(f): 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro1:

OP lives abroad hence my question. smiley

Besides lets stop belittling Nigeria women to nothing, they have a choice to walk if it ain't working.

You are right, they do but not every one in a bad marriage is brave enough to make that leap especially with the stigma they'll face as divorcees

1 Like

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Ewuro1: 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2014
rebella:

You are right, they do but not every one in a bad marriage is brave enough to make that leap especially with the stigma they'll face as divorcees

Well that's too bad cos she laid her bed. Quantifying frustrated wives in Nigerian marriage to prove a point won't erase the fact that 'emasculating men' - OP ways , is pure evil and shouldn't be applaud.
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by rebella(f): 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro1:

Well that's too bad cos she laid her bed. Quantifying frustrated wives in Nigerian marriage to prove a point won't erase the fact that 'emasculating men' - OP ways , is pure evil and shouldn't be applaud.
True, its better to leave than to turn into a monster.
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by Kanwulia: 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
Tell him he has never MADE YOU TO "WAKA COME" in the bedroom! grin
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by bukatyne(f): 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
crackhaus:
Good points you want to try out OR good points to never try out?

I think this zboyd character needs to just state explicitly what the purpose of the post is.

I thought the OP was clearing against it?
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by crackhaus: 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
bukatyne:

I thought the OP was clearing against it?
Seems like that at first read.
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by bukatyne(f): 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
crackhaus:
Seems like that at first read.

The OP was very clear on that

Sure you were not reading with some bias against the thread starter (if any)?

2 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by crackhaus: 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2014
bukatyne:

The OP was very clear on that

Sure you were not reading with some bias against the thread starter (if any)?
Well she's not entirely known to paint men in good light.
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by cococandy(f): 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2014
So you were biased.
Ahhaa grin cheesy
crackhaus:
Well she's not entirely known to paint men in good light.

Well that's nairaland anyway. No one reads what you're saying at the moment. They read what they assume you mean. Because of their pre-formed ideas about how your mind works.

1 Like

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by crackhaus: 10:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy: So you were biased.
Ahhaa grin cheesy

Well that's nairaland anyway. No one reads what you're saying at the moment. They read what they assume you mean. Because of their pre-formed ideas about how your mind works.
I guess you trying to pass a message to someone else other than me with the second part of your post huh?

I hardly ever assume, which is why my first post was a question for clarity....still, this doesn't negate the fact that the OP has a war she wages with all things male and African.
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by pickabeau1: 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy
admit wetin.. which bias.. abi no this OP?

Instead of writing posts exhorting women to exalt their man, this poster is writing posts on how to emasculate

Note the word is even written in quotes,,, basically even bringing into disrepute and negating the feelings of the man - that he should 'suck it up' like a real man right?

Destroyers

Read up on the proverbs woman who uses her words to build up her man and home

1 Like

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by cococandy(f): 12:35am On Jul 06, 2014
crackhaus:
I guess you trying to pass a message to someone else other than me with the second part of your post huh?

I hardly ever assume, which is why my first post was a question for clarity....still, this doesn't negate the fact that the OP has a war she wages with all things male and African.
which makes it cool that this time around it's for the women to sit up

pickabeau1: cococandy
admit wetin.. which bias.. abi no this OP?
Instead of writing posts exhorting women to exalt their man, this poster is writing posts on how to emasculate
Note the word is even written in quotes,,, basically even bringing into disrepute and negating the feelings of the man - that he should 'suck it up' like a real man right?
Destroyers
Read up on the proverbs woman who uses her words to build up her man and home

And you dear my friend have a very weird way of comprehending people. If I read you correctly,you're saying she's giving women tips on how to actually emasculate men rather than discouraging them from it?
If that's what you mean,all I can say is 'WOW

So someone who calls guys out frequently can't one day chose to call women out? Is that an impossiblity?

If your conclusion was based on the fact that the word emasculate was in quote,then it may be a wrong conclusion.
Emasculate is not a correct english word. I don't know about the OP but anytime I'm writing I put words like that in quote because my device gives me auto-correct on them.

3 Likes

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by pickabeau1: 1:06am On Jul 06, 2014
My friend cococandy.... cococandy.. i love debating with you but at times... lipsrsealed

i will only respond to two things in ur post

Try and understand others' posts before u just respond.. understand the nuances tooo

Emasculate is correct grammar...and the quotes are the killer\
wink wink

e·mas·cu·late iˈmaskyəˌlāt/ verb
make (a person, idea, or piece of legislation) weaker or less effective.
"our winner-take-all elections emasculate fringe parties"
synonyms: weaken, enfeeble, debilitate, erode, undermine, cripple; More
deprive (a man) of his male role or identity.
"he feels emasculated because he cannot control his sons' behavior"
archaic
castrate (a man or male animal).

In English writing, quotation marks or inverted commas (informally referred to as quotes or speech marks) are punctuation marks surrounding a quotation, direct speech, or a literal title or name. Quotation marks can also be used to indicate a different meaning of a word or phrase other than the one typically associated with it and are often used to express irony. Quotation marks are sometimes used to provide emphasis, although this is usually considered incorrect

x

cococandy: which makes it cool that this time around it's for the women to sit up

And you dear my friend have a very weird way of comprehending people. If I read you correctly,you're saying she's giving women tips on how to actually emasculate men rather than discouraging them from it?
If that's what you mean,all I can say is 'WOW

So someone who calls guys out frequently can't one day chose to call women out? Is that an impossiblity?

If your conclusion was based on the fact that the word emasculate was in quote,then it may be a wrong conclusion.
Emasculate is not a correct english word. I don't know about the OP but anytime I'm writing I put words like that in quote because my device gives me auto-correct on them.

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by cococandy(f): 1:15am On Jul 06, 2014
It depends on if you're on american or british english.
My device definitely gives me the autocorrect on it.
Which means that I'd put it in quote too if I was typing.

But I'm not saying that's why she did. I'm saying it could be. And I'm saying if that's why,then we can't use the quoted word to discredit the whole post.

Meanwhile I'm not good at nuances. So give it to me straight oga.

pickabeau1: My friend cococandy.... cococandy.. i love debating with you but at times... lipsrsealed

i will only respond to two things in ur post

Try and understand others' posts before u just respond.. understand the nuances tooo

Emasculate is correct grammar...and the quotes are the killer\
wink wink

x

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by pickabeau1: 1:20am On Jul 06, 2014
You ?.. trying to twist?... that u confessed you dont read posts but just the title... wink

You agree I have a point but dont want to admit

Lets agree to admit we each have points...

PS that word is english... not linked to US or UK eh?

cococandy: It depends on if you're on american or british english.
My device definitely gives me the autocorrect on it.
Which means that I'd put it in quote too if I was typing.

But I'm not saying that's why she did. I'm saying it could be. And I'm saying if that's why,then we can't use the quoted word to discredit the whole post.

Meanwhile I'm not good at nuances. So give it to me straight oga.

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by cococandy(f): 1:31am On Jul 06, 2014
Na wa for you o.
It was only on one thread I said I didn't read the post but only the topic. So now that's my style? Phew.

Anyway the thing is you haven't made your point clearly.
I think she's calling out women here.

But you think what?
I don't know what to admit to.
Is the problem the emasculate in quote or don't you agree with the body of the post?
If it was someone else would you see it that way?
Or because you don't believe she'll ever call out women you doubt if this one is sincere?

I think each post should be taken as it comes and not misinterpreted because of the posters history.
Which is what it seems you're doing and is wrong. That's all.

If I see your point and agree with it,I'll tell you..
pickabeau1:
You ?.. trying to twist?... that u confessed you dont read posts but just the title... wink

1 Like

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by pickabeau1: 1:35am On Jul 06, 2014
ok.

cococandy: Na wa for you o.
It was only on one thread I said I didn't read the post but only the topic. So now that's my style? Phew.
Anyway the thing is you haven't made your point clearly.
I think she's calling out women here.
But you think what?
I don't know what to admit to.
Is the problem the emasculate in quote or don't you agree with the body of the post?
If it was someone else would you see it that way?
Or because you don't believe she'll ever call out women you doubt if this one is sincere?
I think each post should be taken as it comes and not misinterpreted because of the posters history.
Which is what it seems you're doing and is wrong. That's all.
If I see your point and agree with it,I'll tell you..
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by cococandy(f): 1:40am On Jul 06, 2014
When I'm typing my phone underlines incorrect words or those absent in it's dictionary.
Here's a screen shot from my phone to tell you that there could be a reason why that word is in quote and maybe not necessarily what you think.
I maybe wrong as to her reason why but I'm
Just saying give people the benefit of doubt ok?

Goodnight smiley

pickabeau1:

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by pickabeau1: 1:47am On Jul 06, 2014
cococandy: When I'm typing my phone underlines incorrect words or those absent in it's dictionary.
Here's a screen shot from my phone to tell you that there could be a reason why that word is in quote and maybe not necessarily what you think.
I maybe wrong as to her reason why but I'm
Just saying give people the benefit of doubt ok?

Goodnight smiley

hmm.. i have to applaud your sense of equitable consideration, though misplaced somewhat
But the loyalty counts
I hear you

Good debates today... some other day smiley

Sleep well... i have to finish Game of Thrones tonight
Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by zboyd: 8:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
njokusboy: . Always complaining about men is not truthtelling, its an obsession, it invariably points to a fault in you rather than in the men you always complain about.... Your criticisms are not aimed at bad men, they are usually one sided, myopic postulations... Nd I squint because I am unsure of your intentions here.... Thanks...

There are only TWO sides to a MAN COIN - good side - bad side - same for WOMAN COIN.

The only ones standing on their hind legs howling bloody murder are usually those who can't handle the truth about themselves (past or present) or those they know who are dirty birds. Why do SOME men start foaming at the mouth, at the very mention of the less than gentlemanly behavior exhibited by SOME of their fellow brothers, especially online? Very weird.

Ask yourself: Do good men call women nasty, degrading names, label them as liars, cast aspersions on their parents and heritage, insult their intelligence, aim vulgar remarks at them, talk under their dresses, call them lesbians, crazy, nutcase and everything in between - without knowing them from Eve? How many men hurling insults and invectives at women online would have the guts to bring that nonsense to them offline?

How many women do you know will jump to the defense of a sorry, trifling skank of a woman? She is who she is - true to her nature - and every woman knows her name.

The only intentions you should worry about are your own - whatever they are.

So please direct your squint elsewhere.

Go ride someone else's hindquarters!

What's good for the gander is good for the goose.

1 Like

Re: How To "Emasculate" A Man by zboyd: 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
Over here...

We use quotation marks around a word or phrase that we see as slang or jargon:

Ex. The police were called to a "disturbance" - which in reality was a pretty big fight.

We also use quotation marks around a word or phrase that we want to make "special" in some way:

⦁Note that sometimes we use "italics" instead of quotation marks.

Emasculate, in this case, means emotional/mental castration - verbal abuse.

I enclosed "Emasculate" in quotation marks, because it is one of those special words used to describe the process of demeaning and belittling men.

Just like verbal abuse, from a man can destroy a woman's confidence - same goes for women who verbally abuse men, thereby, destroying their confidence.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meconium Aspiration Syndrome: Help My Baby / Good News To All Gays And Lesbians / Photo..pretty Young Mum Breast Feeding Her Baby At An Even Goes Viral.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.