Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape (3220 Views)

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's Train Still Going Strong As Seen This Morning [photos] / PICTURES DON’T LIE: Buhari Rides In Jonathan’s Train For His Campaigns / Buhari Board Jonathan's Train (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 05, 2014

[img]http://3.bp..com/-820F-qgqwV0/U5cBARL1ERI/AAAAAAAAFW8/g0K675CT32c/s1600/PIC+24.JPG[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-pCwjpcZeMBE/U5cBB4J5vkI/AAAAAAAAFXE/3UHv9NZdK5U/s1600/PIC+25.JPG[/img]

[size=15pt]‘Eastern rail system to begin by August’[/size]

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/eastern-rail-system-begin-august/

[The NRC Managing Director] said work was at an advanced stage, adding that the corporation would soon open its doors to passenger traffic.
He said: “I can assure you that we shall begin the Port Harcourt to Maiduguri line by August. Specifically, we shall begin passenger services on the Port Harcourt-Enugu route, while the Enugu to Markurdi is progressing and the Makurdi to Jos would also be reaching completion stages at about same time.

“Kuru to Zungeru would also be almost completed and the only axis that would witness some delay would be from Gombe to Maiduguri, which would be affected by the activities of the Boko Haram insurgents.”
The five 68-seater air-conditioned cabin trains to be delivered in August, he said, would be deployed on the route.

[size=15pt]Abuja-Kaduna Railway (100 Kilometres of Track Laid)[/size]

Shown in the Pic is the Kaduna Terminal Under Construction.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by Nobody: 2:06am On Jul 05, 2014
Rose-the-dyke, I see you're still crumb-munching and revelling in your political jobbing with this scrap metal, no?

Anyway, be useful for once, mate. It's so hot in here and I've been trying to sleep for three hours but I can't. So, tell those fvckers to post the AC in that train to me asap.

Shalom! cool

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by lakpalakpa: 2:54am On Jul 05, 2014
Celebration of National fuckery....

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by PapaBrowne(m): 3:12am On Jul 05, 2014
Wonderful.

I see all these pictures of transformation and I keep asking myself this question: What were all our other leaders doing for the last 30 years since 1983?

How come its Jonathan revamping the dead railways and building brand new tracks?

How come its Jonathan rebuilding our horrific airports and building 5 brand new ones?

How come it's this same Jonathan fixing the death traps we previously called roads?

How come its Jonathan who privatized the power sector and is overseeing its massive redevelopment?

How come every other leader forgot to properly base our economy and suddenly Jonathan comes in and we are now by far the biggest in Africa?

How come Agriculture has finally come back and why is it happening in Jonathan's era?

And to think that all this is happening in the midst of the greatest security challenge Nigeria has ever faced?

What on planet earth did our leaders do in the last 30years where we had extraordinary peace? In 3 years Jonathan is doing what they didn't do in 30 years? This for me is a massive mystery!

31 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by gen2briz(m): 4:46am On Jul 05, 2014
Hummmm
Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:08am On Jul 05, 2014
Our leaders do things without a reason. What is the purpose of the next-generation locomotiv trains, huh? The truth remains that these were only bought because people laffed at the almost locomotive ones. What we want is a train to dis-congest cities where job availability congests. For example, I want to be able to live in my village in abeokuta and cat h a train to work by 6am and still make it to work in lagos, ibadan by 7am since I expect an express train to make the journey in just 30munites which will be 6:30am. I wanted to stay in my village and work in delta ondo state or kogi state. A bullet train will make it in 3 hours. 3 hours aint bad if I can sit and relax in a train well cushioned. And let nobody tell me 'we will get there' cos we sure have the money in this country. The truth is our leaders are seeing us as choiceless fools who will alwys celebrate a mediocre!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by KriTic24A: 6:29am On Jul 05, 2014
PapaBrowne: Wonderful.

I see all these pictures of transformation and I keep asking myself this question: What were all our other leaders doing for the last 30 years since 1983?

How come its Jonathan revamping the dead railways and building brand new tracks?

How come its Jonathan rebuilding our horrific airports and building 5 brand new ones?

How come it's this same Jonathan fixing the death traps we previously called roads?

How come its Jonathan who privatized the power sector and is overseeing its massive redevelopment?

How come every other leader forgot to properly base our economy and suddenly Jonathan comes in and we are now by far the biggest in Africa?

How come Agriculture has finally come back and why is it happening in Jonathan's era?

And to think that all this is happening in the midst of the greatest security challenge Nigeria has ever faced?

What on planet earth did our leaders do in the last 30years where we had extraordinary peace? In 3 years Jonathan is doing what they didn't do in 30 years? This for me is a massive mystery!

You didn't remember to ask:
How much do we sell oil now compared to 1983?
How much was in the treasury when he came on board and how much have we made but have been wasted by him since then?
How come we are the ones buying faced-out locomotives all over Europe expecially China when we have enough money to buy new and quality ones?
How come your so-called privatized power sector is making us pay more for darkness than we paid even under NEPA with the supervision of your Transformation Agenda's Manager?
They are giving us all this craps because they know we will never, NEVER fight for something better.
Don't forget o, we are in it together.
If we choose to celebrate mediocrity, it is our choice.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by jodeci(m): 6:45am On Jul 05, 2014
KriTic24_A++:

You didn't remember to ask:
How much do we sell oil now compared to 1983?
How much was in the treasury when he came on board and how much have we made but have been wasted by him since then?
How come we are the ones buying faced-out locomotives all over Europe expecially China when we have enough money to buy new and quality ones?
How come your so-called privatized power sector is making us pay more for darkness than we paid even under NEPA with the supervision of your Transformation Agenda's Manager?
They are giving us all this craps because they know we will never, NEVER fight for something better.
Don't forget o, we are in it together.
If we choose to celebrate mediocrity, it is our choice.

Cost if running govt in 1983 were cheaper compared to now,so even though oil prices were lower then it still would have achieved commensurate level of development.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by ojimbo(m): 6:47am On Jul 05, 2014
SLIDE waxie: Our leaders do things without a reason. What is the purpose of the next-generation locomotiv trains, huh? The truth remains that these were only bought because people laffed at the almost locomotive ones. What we want is a train to dis-congest cities where job availability congests. For example, I want to be able to live in my village in abeokuta and cat h a train to work by 6am and still make it to work in lagos, ibadan by 7am since I expect an express train to make the journey in just 30munites which will be 6:30am. I wanted to stay in my village and work in delta ondo state or kogi state. A bullet train will make it in 3 hours. 3 hours aint bad if I can sit and relax in a train well cushioned. And let nobody tell me 'we will get there' cos we sure have the money in this country. The truth is our leaders are seeing us as choiceless fools who will alwys celebrate a mediocre!
go and tell that to obasanjo, ask him what he did with eight years given to him

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by Micuilles: 7:21am On Jul 05, 2014
jodeci:
Cost if running govt in 1983 were cheaper compared to now,so even though oil prices were lower then it still would have achieved commensurate level of development.

I think you should also know that the country's population now is over six times it's population in 1983. GEJ has done quite well for me... wink

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by olorundimu(m): 7:48am On Jul 05, 2014
Micuilles:

I think you should also know that the country's population now is over six times it's population in 1983. GEJ has done quite well for me... wink

Also, remind him that naira and even dollar had better values then than now.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by ahaika23: 8:25am On Jul 05, 2014
Abeg, all of una wey no get sense but to still open dirt de call mouth and ask stupid trash de call question about GEJ's performance, make I no see una legs near our locomotives on de ply any of d roads him build or use any airport I beg una odawise make d facilities destroy una finish. Ediot we-know-it-all dem.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by jieta: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2014
SLIDE waxie: Our leaders do things without a reason. What is the purpose of the next-generation locomotiv trains, huh? The truth remains that these were only bought because people laffed at the almost locomotive ones. What we want is a train to dis-congest cities where job availability congests. For example, I want to be able to live in my village in abeokuta and cat h a train to work by 6am and still make it to work in lagos, ibadan by 7am since I expect an express train to make the journey in just 30munites which will be 6:30am. I wanted to stay in my village and work in delta ondo state or kogi state. A bullet train will make it in 3 hours. 3 hours aint bad if I can sit and relax in a train well cushioned. And let nobody tell me 'we will get there' cos we sure have the money in this country. The truth is our leaders are seeing us as choiceless fools who will alwys celebrate a mediocre!
am not disappionted, from ur speech. it shows how childish you are. if the then president could achieve what jonathan 've achieve i believe by now we should be in the same level with south african or other develop countries

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by 1United1: 8:33am On Jul 05, 2014
Why do you guys keep recycling these pictures over and over? Yes GEJ brought locomotive Trains, what next? Na like this we go dey die for Nigeria? Na like this dem go there steal our money?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by 1United1: 8:37am On Jul 05, 2014

Shameless liar! keep propagating falsehood!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by ba7man(m): 8:39am On Jul 05, 2014
I know these rail projects would be filled with corrupt inflated monetry figures and the handling of the monies generated will be highly questionable.......not to talk of long-term maintainance of those clean looking trains...................but G.E.J got this one right.

We know him to be a broken clock but he's having his moment with this Railway revival.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:40am On Jul 05, 2014
It will never be well with our past leaders who oversee the decay in our infrastructures for the past years.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 05, 2014
And I guess this thread that showcases nigeria's development that would benefit the entire mass isn't good enough for front page while the "hottest guys and gals in bells university" thread is....but I guess that's none of ma business tho
Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by Nonybb: 9:03am On Jul 05, 2014
If GEJ continues this way, then NO vacancy for Asiwaju Problematic Company, APC, comes 2015

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by ba7man(m): 9:15am On Jul 05, 2014
Nonybb: If GEJ continues this way, then NO vacancy for Asiwaju Problematic Company, APC, comes 2015
The offset to G.E.J's efforts is the increase in insecurity and deaths, oil theft and corruption under his watch.

He can't keep ignoring these problems.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by T4taiwo(m): 10:50am On Jul 05, 2014

because PDP as a political party does not havea good manifesto if any......driving without direction.they have hed us for ransom too long,I just hope our jonathan will not deviate because of 2015.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by jieta: 11:29am On Jul 05, 2014
liberty300: And I guess this thread that showcases nigeria's development that would benefit the entire mass isn't good enough for front page while the "hottest guys and gals in bells university" thread is....but I guess that's none of ma business tho

that is nairaland for you
Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by redsun(m): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2014
This is quite commendable,that looks like a serious project that will go a long way in shaping nigerian future for good.It numerous benefits will not only be realized today,but decades to come if successive leadership will not be obj or tinubu like.
Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
lakpa lakpa: Celebration of National fuckery....

grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by castrogee(m): 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
Your post on on GEJ's govt is clearly the best fair analytical opinion I've read on nairaland, I know that if up to 50% of the Nigerian youths think the way you do our country undoubtedly will be on its pathway to greatness.

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by mrjangaweed: 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
Thats the reason why i hate APC they don't care about the nation they only care for themselves.

Imagine tinubu colonizing Nigeria like he is doing in some south west.
May allah forbid!!!!

Death to APC
Death to the supporter of APC both online and offline.

Progress to Nigeria
Goodluck to Nigeria
Peace to Nigeria.

Finally

GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape by castrogee(m): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2014

Your post on on GEJ's govt is clearly the [i]best fair analytical [/i]opinion I've read on nairaland, I know that if up to 50% of the Nigerian youths think the way you do our country undoubtedly will be on its pathway to greatness.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

GEJ Vs. GMB: The Statistics / Buhari! I Want To Buy Fuel For 10 Naira! / Meet The Only PDP Governor Elected In The North On 11th April 2015: Dankwambo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.