Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? (5533 Views)

Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo / On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo / Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by patwilly(m): 11:29am On Jul 05, 2014
Flipping through a not-too-recent Nigerian army SOJA magazine, i noticed an inscription underneath the official logo of the Nigerian army. On closer inspection, i saw it to be an arabic one. Any reason why it should be so? Islamisation, arabinization, Northernisation of Nigeria's supposedly most "Nigerian" organisation? Matured comments please..
PS: sorry i cant upload pictures.i have a very slow internet connection here.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by dejt4u(m): 11:41am On Jul 05, 2014
patwilly: Flipping through a not-too-recent Nigerian army SOJA magazine, i noticed an inscription underneath the official logo of the Nigerian army. On closer inspection, i saw it to be an arabic one. Any reason why it should be so? Islamisation, arabinization, Northernisation of Nigeria's supposedly most "Nigerian" organisation? Matured comments please..
arabic and islam are very different.. Arabic is just the language of the arabians i.e the language is used by all irrespective of the religion..
That is the reason why you wil find arabic in all nigerian currencies

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by redsun(m): 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
Why do think boko haram armouries are primarily supplied by nigerian moslem soldiers?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by chaberry(m): 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
Please try and download the pix 4 easy enhancement
Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by thegoodone2(m): 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
yes its true.but i dont know d reason.
Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by patwilly(m): 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
dejt4u:
arabic and islam is very different.. Arabic is just the language of the arabians i.e the language is used by all irrespective of the religion..
That doesn't negate the strange fact that a language supposedly alien to any indigenous Nigerian tribe and which came about as a result of religious conquests by Arabian marauders should appear on a very important Nigerian establishment like the Nigerian Army. Methinks there is a second story to it!

9 Likes

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by dejt4u(m): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2014
Victory is from God alone

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
OP, would you say their motto, "victory is from God alone" is Yahweh (Israeli)?
Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by PapaBrowne(m): 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
dejt4u:
arabic and islam are very different.. Arabic is just the language of the arabians i.e the language is used by all irrespective of the religion..

Maybe its a good Idea we start using chinese on some of our national insignia. That would do I guess.

获取某种意义上先生. Thank You.

5 Likes

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by Oklander: 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
patwilly:
That doesn't negate the strange fact that a language supposedly alien to any indigenous Nigerian tribe and which came about as a result of religious conquests by Arabian marauders should appear on a very important Nigerian establishment like the Nigerian Army. Methinks there is a second story to it!

Go remove am from there...

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by patwilly(m): 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
Oklander:

Go remove am from there...
whats with you? You can at least reply politely..?

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by patwilly(m): 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
PapaBrowne:

Maybe its a good Idea we start using chinese on some of our national insignia. That would do I guess.

获取某种意义上先生. Thank You.
chinese? No thanks. I'll stick with pidgin.lol
Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by dustydee: 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
patwilly: Flipping through a not-too-recent Nigerian army SOJA magazine, i noticed an inscription underneath the official logo of the Nigerian army. On closer inspection, i saw it to be an arabic one. Any reason why it should be so? Islamisation, arabinization, Northernisation of Nigeria's supposedly most "Nigerian" organisation? Matured comments please..
Public display of ignorance. Arabic is a language not a religion.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by advocate666: 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
dejt4u:

it is also the official language of Allah.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by Paretomaster(m): 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
If we write in english, y not in any other language? I think ur bad belle make dem remove ajami an hausa way of writing from our currency, wen u mistake it for arabic.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by advocate666: 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
dejt4u: Victory is from God alone

sometimes, doGs also help. The russians used loads of doGs.
Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by patwilly(m): 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
dustydee:
Public display of ignorance. Arabic is a language not a religion.
i never said there was no distinction between the two. Learn to read properly my friend.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
Using Latin alphabets to write Yoruba language does not make Yoruba become Latin! What is(was) writen on our currency is(was) Hausa but writen with Arabic alphabet(it is actually called aljami), but this one on the NA logo, I dont know. Maybe those people think that everybody in Nigeria speaks or should speak Hausa language
Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by tmotmo: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
PapaBrowne:

获取某种意义上先生. Thank You.

I will agree with you on this. However the following should also be implemented alongside with your suggestion:

(1) Removal of all Crescent and/or Cross signs in all public Hospitals, Schools and other Government Buildings and Document

(2) Declaration of Sundays and Fridays and not Saturdays and Sundays as weekly resting days. This could show that the Country is not been Christianized as the present Saturday and Sunday weekend do not allow non-Christian to have full benefit of dedicated worshipping on other days. Example of this is the Friday Service by the Muslims and other days that might be for traditional worshippers.

Alternatively, maybe we should scrap this weekend stuff/ religious related holidays and do like they do in developed countries, and workers get paid on the basis of hours worked for. I can bet it, we might be a more productive Nation.

NB: Please don’t hide your response on the basis of "this what our colonial masters handed over to us". Remember, that colonial were not here alone, they came with the CRUSADERS otherwise called MISSIONARIES.

9 Likes

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by Idrismusty97(m): 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
tmotmo:

I will agree with you on this. However the following should also be implemented alongside with your suggestion:

(1) Removal of all Crescent and/or Cross signs in all public Hospitals, Schools and other Government Buildings and Document

(2) Declaration of Sundays and Fridays and not Saturdays and Sundays as weekly resting days. This could show that the Country is not been Christianized as the present Saturday and Sunday weekend do not allow non-Christian to have full benefit of dedicated worshipping on other days. Example of this is the Friday Service by the Muslims and other days that might be for traditional worshippers.

Alternatively, maybe we should scrap this weekend stuff/ religious related holidays and do like they do in developed countries, and workers get paid on the basis of hours worked for. I can bet it, we might be a more productive Nation.

NB: Please don’t hide your response on the basis of "this what our colonial masters handed over to us". Remember, that colonial were not here alone, they came with the CRUSADERS otherwise called MISSIONARIES.
I didn't even notice all these. You have good eyes. But of course the OP and many others wouldn't see this, they would only notice an Arabic Apellation under a "Nigerian army SOJA magazine". Arabic is just a language and nothing more. It is used to insult, for conversation and everyday life. It is even used in churches in Malaysia and Lebanon, By atheist also. There is nothing Islamic about it. It is just another language like English. You can use it for religious purpose if you like, just like Latin is used in Catholic churches. It doesn't suddenly make the language holy.

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by SporaD8: 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
Orlando Owoh: OP, would you say their motto, "victory is from God alone" is Yahweh (Israeli)?
You seem not to get the Op question.
Is Arabic Nigeria official Language?
Were we colonized by Arabs?
Do any indigenous tribe in Nigeria speak Arabic?
Do the Army get it's uniform, weapons, or training from Arabs?
Then what is the use or significance of an Arabic inscription on Nigeria Army(significant federal institution) Logo?

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by patwilly(m): 8:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
SporaD8: You seem not to get the Op question.
Then what is the use or significance of an Arabic inscription on Nigeria Army(significant federal institution) Logo?
Dont mind these people. They are only intelligent by half. So far nobody has answered the question.
Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by BUSHHUNTER: 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2014

Sorry to say u don't av work••••na inscription u dey find up nd down no go sell ur recharge card•
Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by Ahuitzotl: 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
The arabic inscription is a symbolic indicator of the overlordship of the hausa fulani nay northern moslems to those except igbos who they regard as their subjects in other climatic zones in Nigeria....
Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by dustydee: 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
patwilly:
i never said there was no distinction between the two. Learn to read properly my friend.
What then do you mean by "islamic appellation on Nigerian Army logo"? Where is the islamic appellation?

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by Oklander: 10:19pm On Jul 05, 2014
dustydee:
What then do you mean by "islamic appellation on Nigerian Army logo"? Where is the islamic appellation?

Bursted! U are Exposing his ignorance, hatred and bigotry!!!
Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by fr3do(m): 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
Dont mind those bloody imperialists up north!
They think Nigeria revolves around them.
What business does Nigeria have with arabic if not islam?

Even latin that has a stronghold in law and medical terms does not appear in logos of any of our governmental bodies.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by gadogado(m): 11:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
SporaD8: You seem not to get the Op question.

Arabic alphabets were used to write a Nigerian language...Hausa language long before Europeans came to Africa. The Arabic you see denotes Hausa language not Arabic. Even the Arabic on naira notes, an arab man will not make any sense of it because it is Hausa being spelled with Arabic alphabets. Like how we now spell Yoruba with English(Latin) alphabets. So the whole thing is tradition and cultural not religious! Some other languages that use Arabic alphabets to write include Farsi or Persian in Iran, Urdu in Pakistan, Pashto, Kurdish, Malay, Uighur and numerous others covering 30% of this earth in terms of area span. Besides, there is an arab ethnic group in Nigeria called the shuwa Arabs and there are a number of northerners that have arab blood or roots. This is one of many legacies of the Islamic penetration into west Africa. Another interesting legacy would be the Babban Riga or agbada....yes we got that from Arabs!

1 Like

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by TippyTop(m): 11:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
dejt4u:

When did we become an Arab country?
Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by SOUNDKING: 11:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
Fairy used donkey for sale.
Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by abdulkayus(m): 6:32am On Jul 06, 2014
gadogado:

Arabic alphabets were used to write a Nigerian language...Hausa language long before Europeans came to Africa. The Arabic you see denotes Hausa language not Arabic. Even the Arabic on naira notes, an arab man will not make any sense of it because it is Hausa being spelled with Arabic alphabets. Like how we now spell Yoruba with English(Latin) alphabets. So the whole thing is tradition and cultural not religious! Some other languages that use Arabic alphabets to write include Farsi or Persian in Iran, Urdu in Pakistan, Pashto, Kurdish, Malay, Uighur and numerous others covering 30% of this earth in terms of area span. Besides, there is an arab ethnic group in Nigeria called the shuwa Arabs and there are a number of northerners that have arab blood or roots. This is one of many legacies of the Islamic penetration into west Africa. Another interesting legacy would be the Babban Riga or agbada....yes we got that from Arabs!

Guy, baban riga is nt gotten frm d arabs bt frm d senegalize and Gambians. Which arab man did u c ever wearin baban riga? Shuwa arabs are nt arab bt where called that name cos dey are very fair and look like arabs, thats all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

OPC Leader Directs Yoruba To Confront Fulani Herdsmen / Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? / Fired Ministers ,Their State Of Origin & Reason(s) For Their Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.