Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,208 members, 7,839,114 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? (5543 Views)

Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo / On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo / Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by metapendrius(m): 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
The issue of writing Hausa in anjami is a different one. The writing on the crest is Arabic, not anjami, even if it were Anjami, that would be totally wrong since English is the official language not Hausa.
Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by fctboy: 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
dejt4u:

arabic and islam are very different.. Arabic is just the language of the arabians i.e the language is used by all irrespective of the religion..
That is the reason why you wil find arabic in all nigerian currencies

But using Arabic ? Our lingual franca is English and not Arabic
Why not adopt any of our indigenous language
Re: Islamic Apellation On Nigerian Army Logo! Meaning? by obidevine(m): 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
patwilly:
Flipping through a not-too-recent Nigerian army SOJA magazine, i noticed an inscription underneath the official logo of the Nigerian army. On closer inspection, i saw it to be an arabic one. Any reason why it should be so? Islamisation, arabinization, Northernisation of Nigeria's supposedly most "Nigerian" organisation? Matured comments please..
PS: sorry i cant upload pictures.i have a very slow internet connection here.
.... .. Notice the arabic writing under the eagle... Is the entity called "nigeria" an Arabic country?

(1) (2) (Reply)

OMG! See How Gov Amosun Is Constructing A Major Road In 2016! / The 1960 Interview Of Sir Ahmadu Bello: The Facts And Truths About Nigeria Unity / Re:re What Have Yoruba Ever Produced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.