Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,353 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) (2972 Views)

How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by Nobody: 3:25am On Jul 09, 2014
alexleo:

Romans 9 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

11 Before the children had been born or had done anything good or bad, Rebekah was told that the older child would serve the younger one. This was said to Rebekah so that God’s plan would remain a matter of his choice, 12 a choice based on God’s call and not on anything people do.[b] 13 The Scriptures say, “I loved Jacob, but I hated Esau.”
14 What can we say—that God is unfair? That’s unthinkable! 15 For example, God said to Moses, “I will be kind to anyone I want to. I will be merciful to anyone I want to.” 16 Therefore, God’s choice does not depend on a person’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.
17 For example, Scripture says to Pharaoh, “I put you here for this reason: to demonstrate my power through you and to spread my name throughout the earth.” 18 Therefore, if God wants to be kind to anyone, he will be. If he wants to make someone stubborn, he will.
19 You may ask me, “Why does God still find fault with anyone? Who can resist whatever God wants to do?”
20 Who do you think you are to talk back to God like that? Can an object that was made say to its maker, “Why did you make me like this?” 21 A potter has the right to do whatever he wants with his clay. He can make something for a special occasion or something for everyday use from the same lump of clay.
22 If God wants to demonstrate his anger and reveal his power, he can do it

Your rebuttal seems to turn the Christian claim that God is love (1 John 4:16) on its head. Why then would a loving God hate Esau who had done nothing to him? Just saying as you did here that he did it just because he could is simply hogwash.

I was made to believe you won't be punished by God unless you committed an offense but now you want me to believe that he punishes at his whims and caprices and that to you is "mercy." I think you simply have a warped sense of mercy.

Which definition of love or mercy is compatible with God hating innocent Esau? Surely he would have known that it would have been better for Esau to never have been born rather than hate him for no apparent reasons.

Reconcile your quoted scripture with the following:

There is a sense in which God loves everyone in the whole world John 3:16; 1 John 2:2; Romans 5:8. This love in not conditional—it is based only on the fact that God is a God of love (1 John 4:8, 16).

God’s love for all of mankind results in the fact that God shows His mercy by not immediately punishing people for their sins (Romans 3:23; 6:23). God is also a God of justice (2 Thessalonians 1:6).

It would appear to me and any reasonable person that God's love for Jacob who cheated, lied, and stole Isaac's blessing from Esau is not only contradictory to his teachings but is also unjust. If Jacob was the hated one for his conduct, it would be a different ball game. What did Esau do to deserve God's hatred? What type of "mercy," "love," or "justice" did God render to Esau? Answer these or forever hold your peace on this issue.
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by alexleo(m): 7:30am On Jul 09, 2014
^^^ young man I quoted the scripture. I diIdnt put my words there. If you are not satisfied with what the scripture said that's your business.
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by esere826: 8:00am On Jul 09, 2014
alexleo:
Read that scripture thoroughly and you will see that its not about some tower of Babel person.

Isaiah 14
How are you fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn. You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, I will ascend to heaven,...

..sounds more like the aspirations of the tower of Babel to me. From the earth they built upwards and were then dispersed. It might not be the case sha.

Compare to Ezekiel 28: 15
You were the anointed cherub who covers, And I placed you there. You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked in the midst of the stones of fire. 15"You were blameless in your ways From the day you were created Until unrighteousness was found in you. 16"By the abundance of your trade You were internally filled with violence, And you sinned; Therefore I have cast you as profane From the mountain of God. And I have destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the stones of ...

..Now this sounds more like Satan. Note there is a direct reference to cherub here, I also noticed that folks dont often use the Ezekiel verse. Many probably haven't seen this
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by esere826: 8:07am On Jul 09, 2014
Also for the sake of argument

if God exists in opposite. I.e love and wrath etc
then arguing using Paul's style, I could say that whereas the opposite of reward is punishment
the opposite of eternal life is death eternal
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by alexleo(m): 9:09am On Jul 09, 2014
esere826:

Isaiah 14
How are you fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn. You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, I will ascend to heaven,...

..sounds more like the aspirations of the tower of Babel to me. From the earth they built upwards and were then dispersed. It might not be the case sha.

Compare to Ezekiel 28: 15
You were the anointed cherub who covers, And I placed you there. You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked in the midst of the stones of fire. 15"You were blameless in your ways From the day you were created Until unrighteousness was found in you. 16"By the abundance of your trade You were internally filled with violence, And you sinned; Therefore I have cast you as profane From the mountain of God. And I have destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the stones of ...

..Now this sounds more like Satan. Note there is a direct reference to cherub here, I also noticed that folks dont often use the Ezekiel verse. Many probably haven't seen this

Both of them point to satan though Ezekiel is more specific. Read the account of the tower of babel in Genesiss 11 and you ll see that they are not related.
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by SalC: 9:10am On Jul 09, 2014
alexleo:

Your explanation is quite a good one. Now in the light of what you ve explained, will you attribute Lucifer's fall to freewill? How?
Strictly speaking I won't attribute his fall to free will , if I understood you, you are saying if there was not free will, there wouldn't have been any room for Lucifer's fall, ..... Probably, but I will also say, free will is not a licence to sin,

I prefer saying Lucifer's fall is attributed to how he chose to channel his free will. Notice that he is not the only one to whom this free will was granted, the angels who refused to join him where also exercising their free will, whereas they channelled theirs in the right way, Luciifer allowed pride take over the better part of him and that led to his fall. The free will is not really the issue but what he chose to do with it is.
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by torchwave: 11:02am On Jul 09, 2014
alexleo:

Your points are good. Now my question is-
If angels have free will, why didnt God make provision for forgiveness or salvation for them as he made for man who is also a free moral agent? And the scripture said that our redemption plan was made from the foundation of the world(which means at the very beginning). This could mean that God knew that man being a free moral agent could choose to sin therefore he made a way of salvation for us. But he never made such for angels, which could also mean that angels were not meant to choose like man. Or could it be that lucifer took God unawares?
God did not make provision for the redemption of angels who sin because, unlike man, they are immortal spirits created to dwell in the holy Presence of God. They see God, they have been in the Presence of God and can tell good from evil. Their privilege of being in the Presence of God and see His glory is much greater than that of Man who was created to fellowship with God but was created mortal, not knowing good and evil, and not with the privilege of dwelling in heaven in the Presence of God like the angels who behold His glory everyday.

Thus, those angels knowing good and evil who still choose to commit evil being in the Presence of God do not have the privilege of redemption and forgiveness of sins because spirits cannot be redeemed as that is their final state in addition to abusing the very special privilege of dwelling in the very Presence of God, a privilege Man was not given. Where there was no sin, they sinned. It was an act of their will knowing the consequences of sin.

Now, Man comes into the picture as God designed it before He ever created anything but with lot less privileges as the angels'. Though his status is far greater than the angels as the express image of God, a child of God Himself created to fellowship with Him, not knowing good from evil, he still sinned and had to pay the price of sin - death. However, God had already set in motion plans for Man's redemption because Man could be redeemed, unlike the angels.

I could say more but I must stop here

One more thing, nothing takes God by surprise. Absolutely nothing!
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by alexleo(m): 11:06am On Jul 09, 2014
SalC: Strictly speaking I won't attribute his fall to free will , if I understood you, you are saying if there was not free will, there wouldn't have been any room for Lucifer's fall, ..... Probably, but I will also say, free will is not a licence to sin,

I prefer saying Lucifer's fall is attributed to how he chose to channel his free will. Notice that he is not the only one to whom this free will was granted, the angels who refused to join him where also exercising their free will, whereas they channelled theirs in the right way, Luciifer allowed pride take over the better part of him and that led to his fall. The free will is not really the issue but what he chose to do with it is.

Ok. Do you think that God knew that lucifer will sin before creating him? If yes why do you think he still created him knowing the consequences of it?
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by alexleo(m): 12:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
torchwave:

One more thing, nothing takes God by surprise. Absolutely nothing![/i]

Thanks for your explanations. They are really good.
In the light of your statement above it means you are saying that the fall of Lucifer didn't come as a suprise to God. Why then did he go ahead to create him knowing what his fall will bring to the world. Do you think its for a purpose? What purpose?

N/B. Pls feel free to say all that you want to say. People are reading. People are learning. You might also learn from others when they read your contribution and make their submissions. I'm enjoying you and SalC. I hope others will contribute. This issue is one that christians shy away from going deep into, yet a lot of them leave the faith because they dont understand it. God is your strength.
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by SalC: 6:39pm On Jul 09, 2014
alexleo:

Ok. Do you think that God knew that lucifer will sin before creating him? If yes why do you think he still created him knowing the consequences of it?
This is a tough one grin

Well I believe God knew that giving both angels and humans free will will certainly result in either of the two ends. Ie obedience and disobedience. And since God is omniscient, I can certainly say he knew Lucifer will sin.

Coming to why he went ahead to create him, I will have to state here that our (my) understanding here is limited and/or impaired. There are things I believe we may not fully understand about God till we cross over grin grin

Having said that....

I believe God went ahead to create Luciifer because he isn't just after creating only those who will always be subject to him even against their wish. He rather created those who will exercise their free will not only to please him but to make every side of him known.

For instance, if Lucifer never sinned God wouldn't have cast him out and we wouldn't have known God is capable of casting out heavenly dwellers. Same can be said about God creating the tree at the centre of the garden and instructing Adam not to eat of it. Why will he even create such? I would say eating the fruit of that tree is the only option he kept for them to exercise their free will in the negative direction, that is, if he had created them with free will without providing an "object" or "option" on which they can act if they choose to exercise their free will in the wrong way, then it's as Good as he never created them with free will.

In thesame manner, if he had not created Lucifer because he knew Lucifer will sin, that mean he really never wanted his creatures to exercise their free will.

Don't know if I remotely passed the massage in an understandable way grin
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by dorox(m): 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
alexleo:

But before Jesus came people's sins were forgiven in the old testament.

Have you read in the bible where Jesus said that he is the way, the truth, and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through him. -John 14:6
Compare the above scripture with Romans 5:12-18 with particular attention to verses 12,18 and 19. What is your take on it with regards to your statement that people's sins were forgiven in the old testament?
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by alexleo(m): 11:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
SalC: This is a tough one grin

Well I believe God knew that giving both angels and humans free will will certainly result in either of the two ends. Ie obedience and disobedience. And since God is omniscient, I can certainly say he knew Lucifer will sin.

Coming to why he went ahead to create him, I will have to state here that our (my) understanding here is limited and/or impaired. There are things I believe we may not fully understand about God till we cross over grin grin

Having said that....

I believe God went ahead to create Luciifer because he isn't just after creating only those who will always be subject to him even against their wish. He rather created those who will exercise their free will not only to please him but to make every side of him known.

For instance, if Lucifer never sinned God wouldn't have cast him out and we wouldn't have known God is capable of casting out heavenly dwellers. Same can be said about God creating the tree at the centre of the garden and instructing Adam not to eat of it. Why will he even create such? I would say eating the fruit of that tree is the only option he kept for them to exercise their free will in the negative direction, that is, if he had created them with free will without providing an "object" or "option" on which they can act if they choose to exercise their free will in the wrong way, then it's as Good as he never created them with free will.

In thesame manner, if he had not created Lucifer because he knew Lucifer will sin, that mean he really never wanted his creatures to exercise their free will.

Don't know if I remotely passed the massage in an understandable way grin

Yea yours is also similar to my line of thought on it. God is a creator. Like a porter(Romans 9). A creator conceives an idea of what he wants to create before creating. He doesnt just rush into creating without a concept or without articulating what he wants. like i stated earlier in my OP, I believe he created lucifer for the purpose of manifesting the other side of him. If not for such negative acts we wouldnt have known this other side of him. I mean, God couldnt have started unleashing his wrath in a peaceful heaven where everybody was obedient to him. grin grin. It is contrary/negative action that was needed for that side of him to manifest. God is in charge, there is nothing anyone can do about it. The best anyone can do is to line up with him and enjoy the loving side of him through his son Jesus Christ our Lord. For me, since he made a way of escape for us i have every reason to be grateful to him at all times. If he had not made a way of escape would i have saved myself from his wrath? No way. If lucifer who was in a higher realm with him could not save himself from His wrath, is it we mere mortals that could ve done that without his help? No. So to God be the glory.

Honestly i enjoyed your contributions here SalC. Thanks a lot and i ll still ask more where the need arises. Let me still wait for torchwave to reply. I enjoy him too. Other brethren pls contribute. We are all learning. God bless everyone.
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by alexleo(m): 11:36pm On Jul 09, 2014
dorox:

Have you read in the bible where Jesus said that he is the way, the truth, and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through him. -John 14:6
Compare the above scripture with Romans 5:12-18 with particular attention to verses 12,18 and 19. What is your take on it with regards to your statement that people's sins were forgiven in the old testament?

Atonement were made for sin with the sacrifice of animal in the old testament. Am i wrong?
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by dorox(m): 11:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
alexleo:

Atonement were made for sin with the sacrifice of animal in the old testament. Am i wrong?
You are right in the sense that sin offerings were made using animal blood in the old testament, but it was only a token, not the actual price for the sins of those men. Sin was never actually forgiven on the basis of animal sacrifice. Read Heb 10:1-4, it is self explanatory. If you can, read up to verse 13'
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by alexleo(m): 12:00am On Jul 10, 2014
dorox:
You are right in the sense that sin offerings were made using animal blood in the old testament, but it was only a token, not the actual price for the sins of those men. Sin was never actually forgiven on the basis of animal sacrifice. Read Heb 10:1-4, it is self explanatory.

I know that the highest sacrifice for sin remains that of Jesus. But at least God still acknowledged the other provision he made in the old testament. You can also make contributions on the other issues raised here. I like learning.
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by dorox(m): 12:17am On Jul 10, 2014
alexleo:

I know that the highest sacrifice for sin remains that of Jesus. But at least God still acknowledged the other provision he made in the old testament. You can also make contributions on the other issues raised here. I like learning.
Those other provisions were just tokens, and as you read in the bible, sin could never be forgiven on the basis of animal blood. The reason it is important that we get all this little details ironed out is because I do not agree with some of the things you said, but for my own explaination to make sense to you, we must first tackle these seemingly tangential issues.
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by alexleo(m): 10:45am On Jul 10, 2014
dorox:
Those other provisions were just tokens, and as you read in the bible, sin could never be forgiven on the basis of animal blood. .

Sins were forgiven in the old testament when those animals were sacrificed as instructed by God. The bottom line is that God forgave them. I'm not comparing the blood of animal with the blood of Jesus.
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by dorox(m): 10:51am On Jul 10, 2014
alexleo:

Sins were forgiven in the old testament when those animals were sacrificed as instructed by God. The bottom line is that God forgave them. I'm not comparing the blood of animal with the blood of Jesus.

Can you compare your statement to what is written in Heb 10:1-4 10 "The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins. It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins."
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by torchwave: 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
alexleo:

Thanks for your explanations. They are really good.
In the light of your statement above it means you are saying that the fall of Lucifer didn't come as a suprise to God. Why then did he go ahead to create him knowing what his fall will bring to the world. Do you think its for a purpose? What purpose?

N/B. Pls feel free to say all that you want to say. People are reading. People are learning. You might also learn from others when they read your contribution and make their submissions. I'm enjoying you and SalC. I hope others will contribute. This issue is one that christians shy away from going deep into, yet a lot of them leave the faith because they dont understand it. God is your strength.
Hi Alexleo. You are very right when you said we learn from each other. I learn much from nairalanders and still value their input which broadens my knowledge.

@ topic. I wanted to address that question when I made that post but time did not permit further explanation.

It is logical to ask that. Why then did God create Lucifer if He knew Lucifer would sin? Why display His wrath concerning something He would have easily avoided? Similarly, we ask why God created Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Osama Bin Laden and other notable evil figures that have gone down into the pages of history. Surely God would have spared the world of the pain and incalculable loss their existence inflicted on the world by not creating them along with numerous others of the same evil tendency, known or unknown. Why on earth does God let evil people into the world?

This thread was created to discuss the nature of God, His love and His wrath. However, that is not all to the nature of God. Knowing His love and wrath, you must also understand His fairness. God is a just and fair God. He shows no partiality. Knowing His love will make you love Him and be confident of His Fatherly love that doesn't condemn towards you, knowing His wrath will make you aware of the reality of His judgment towards the disobedient, while knowing His fairness is the key to understanding His creation.

His fairness is the reason why He created good and evil, heaven and hell, good and bad, righteousness and sin, light and darkness, holy angels and fallen angels, good men and evil men. It is the ultimate reason why He created and placed the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in the same garden of Eden. His fairness is the reason why He makes His rain fall on the just and the unjust as well as making His sun shine on the just and the unjust.

If He created one, He had to be fair to create the other. It is His nature. It wouldn't have been His nature to create one and leave the other non-existent. God would be unjust if He made only the righteous and holy to serve and obey Him being aware of His judgment while sparing the wicked and disobedient.

When you sit and think about the depth of God's fairness, you are filled with nothing but wonder. It is this same fairness that made Him permit the devil to tempt Adam and Eve. It is the same fairness that makes Him listen to and grant the devil his petition if it was made on legal grounds. It is His nature of fairness that makes Him create those who will make heaven and those who will go to hell. His fairness dictates He does for one what He does for another.

When God judges, His judgment is extremely fair and just and righteous. His wrath is fair and just. What He does for the righteous, He does for the sinner. If He punishes the sinner He will also punish the righteous when they sin - very fair. This is why the worst sinner can receive His forgiveness if he repents because God is fair.

He knew that Lucifer would sin, He knew Adam would sin, he knew the carnage and destruction of lives that would result if Hitler and Stalin were born, however, in His fairness He created them.

To know God's love, you must be aware of Him as a loving Father and a just Judge.

Just like SalC said, we can never know all until we cross over. We cannot fully know God until we go home to be with Him. However, the little knowledge of God I have is what I share. I stand to be corrected. I don't claim perfect knowledge. I am willing to hear opposing thoughts because that is how we learn.
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by SalC: 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
alexleo:

Yea yours is also similar to my line of thought on it. God is a creator. Like a porter(Romans 9). A creator conceives an idea of what he wants to create before creating. He doesnt just rush into creating without a concept or without articulating what he wants. like i stated earlier in my OP, I believe he created lucifer for the purpose of manifesting the other side of him. If not for such negative acts we wouldnt have known this other side of him. I mean, God couldnt have started unleashing his wrath in a peaceful heaven where everybody was obedient to him. grin grin. It is contrary/negative action that was needed for that side of him to manifest. God is in charge, there is nothing anyone can do about it. The best anyone can do is to line up with him and enjoy the loving side of him through his son Jesus Christ our Lord. For me, since he made a way of escape for us i have every reason to be grateful to him at all times. If he had not made a way of escape would i have saved myself from his wrath? No way. If lucifer who was in a higher realm with him could not save himself from His wrath, is it we mere mortals that could ve done that without his help? No. So to God be the glory.

Honestly i enjoyed your contributions here SalC. Thanks a lot and i ll still ask more where the need arises. Let me still wait for torchwave to reply. I enjoy him too. Other brethren pls contribute. We are all learning. God bless everyone.

Cool!
Thought provoking threads like this, compel one to think, learn and make meaningful contributions no matter how little. Thanks for this thread smiley
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by alexleo(m): 9:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
torchwave: Hi Alexleo. You are very right when you said we learn from each other. I learn much from nairalanders and still value their input which broadens my knowledge.

@ topic. I wanted to address that question when I made that post but time did not permit further explanation.

It is logical to ask that. Why then did God create Lucifer if He knew Lucifer would sin? Why display His wrath concerning something He would have easily avoided? Similarly, we ask why God created Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Osama Bin Laden and other notable evil figures that have gone down into the pages of history. Surely God would have spared the world of the pain and incalculable loss their existence inflicted on the world by not creating them along with numerous others of the same evil tendency, known or unknown. Why on earth does God let evil people into the world?

This thread was created to discuss the nature of God, His love and His wrath. However, that is not all to the nature of God. Knowing His love and wrath, you must also understand His fairness. God is a just and fair God. He shows no partiality. Knowing His love will make you love Him and be confident of His Fatherly love that doesn't condemn towards you, knowing His wrath will make you aware of the reality of His judgment towards the disobedient, while knowing His fairness is the key to understanding His creation.

His fairness is the reason why He created good and evil, heaven and hell, good and bad, righteousness and sin, light and darkness, holy angels and fallen angels, good men and evil men. It is the ultimate reason why He created and placed the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in the same garden of Eden. His fairness is the reason why He makes His rain fall on the just and the unjust as well as making His sun shine on the just and the unjust.

If He created one, He had to be fair to create the other. It is His nature. It wouldn't have been His nature to create one and leave the other non-existent. God would be unjust if He made only the righteous and holy to serve and obey Him being aware of His judgment while sparing the wicked and disobedient.

When you sit and think about the depth of God's fairness, you are filled with nothing but wonder. It is this same fairness that made Him permit the devil to tempt Adam and Eve. It is the same fairness that makes Him listen to and grant the devil his petition if it was made on legal grounds. It is His nature of fairness that makes Him create those who will make heaven and those who will go to hell. His fairness dictates He does for one what He does for another.

When God judges, His judgment is extremely fair and just and righteous. His wrath is fair and just. What He does for the righteous, He does for the sinner. If He punishes the sinner He will also punish the righteous when they sin - very fair. This is why the worst sinner can receive His forgiveness if he repents because God is fair.

He knew that Lucifer would sin, He knew Adam would sin, he knew the carnage and destruction of lives that would result if Hitler and Stalin were born, however, in His fairness He created them.

To know God's love, you must be aware of Him as a loving Father and a just Judge.

Just like SalC said, we can never know all until we cross over. We cannot fully know God until we go home to be with Him. However, the little knowledge of God I have is what I share. I stand to be corrected. I don't claim perfect knowledge. I am willing to hear opposing thoughts because that is how we learn.

Thanks dear for this beautiful one again. God bless you. With this one can really understand/appreciate why Job said what he said in Job 2:10-

Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

I believe Job understood the just nature of God thus the above statement.
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by alexleo(m): 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
SalC:

Cool!
Thought provoking threads like this, compel one to think, learn and make meaningful contributions no matter how little. Thanks for this thread smiley

Thanks dear. Several times I ve been confronted with questions like- Why should a loving God allow this to happen, why should he allow the other one......? Then i will just tell myself that- he is God and he knows what is best(Of course this is true). Yet the questions will still prop up in me another day. This time around i decided to face the question squarely (with prayers too) by meditating on it within me, then bringing the outcome here for criticism and more input. The first question that came to my mind was- Are you really being balanced in your views about God? Did God say he is only a loving God? How about his judgment/wrath did he hide that aspect of him from you? Did he instruct you to ignore his judgment/wrath side and only view him as a loving God? So why view him from one side and draw conclusion about him just from one side of his nature? Thank God, with the submissions that all of you made here i can say I'm more blessed in my views about him now than before. Truly we cant know everything about God in this life. God is (as large as) eternity so it will take eternity to know him completely. In all honesty i will say, I love God even more now than before. The more i understand him the more I love him. He is in charge. To him be all glory. Amen. I hope to hear more from everyone. Brethren pls make your contributions if you have any. God bless everyone.
Re: The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) by torchwave: 6:24am On Jul 12, 2014
alexleo:

Thanks dear for this beautiful one again. God bless you. With this one can really understand/appreciate why Job said what he said in Job 2:10-

Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

I believe Job understood the just nature of God thus the above statement.
Exactly. His fairness is beyond absolute comprehension. If He loves the saint or righteous then He also loves the sinner or wicked. If He gives the saint good gifts then He also gives the wicked good gifts as well.

One more thing, all the angels in heaven including Lucifer and the fallen angels KNEW the consequences of sin. God told them. They knew the price of rebellion, nevertheless, some chose to rebel. Even after the fall of Lucifer and his angels, a group of angels rebelled and committed the sin God warned them not to commit. You know why I know this - that God warned them before punishing them? Now let's think for a moment. If the wrath of God is just and fair, then it means His judgment is a result of despised warning.

This tells us Lucifer and his angels were justly kicked out of heaven because they failed to heed the warning of God - freewill at work. Remember the days of Noah, when God told Him to build an ark, how that generation refused to heed the warning of the destruction of the world by rain and were destroyed. It is God's judgment, fair, just and right.

Though God's judgment is always deserved, it is never without mercy.

Btw, you're welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Questions About The Illuminati You Were Too Afraid To Ask. / Stephen Hawking: "There Is No God. There Is No Afterlife." / Young Boy Impregnates Female Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.