Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,049 members, 7,953,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:48 AM

Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life (3524 Views)

How Has Nairaland Transformed Your Life? / Inspirational Stories That Touch The Heart / 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 8:50am On Jul 10, 2014
What did the above poster just say. Can some one please explain to me because I dont know how to read.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Olarewajub: 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
Krak: I hope these stories are touching lives out there?
For sure.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2014
Olarewajub: For sure.

Ok
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
G

2 Likes

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 7:40am On Jul 11, 2014
Good morning
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by omodave(m): 9:57am On Jul 11, 2014
Hmmm nice work
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 10:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
omodave: Hmmm nice work

Thanks.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Danthesage(m): 7:48am On Jul 12, 2014
Pls more.....
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 7:42am On Jul 13, 2014
FAILURE OR SUCCESS?

In 1913, Lee De Forest, inventor of the triode tube, was charged by the district attorney for using fraudulent means to mislead the public into buying stocks in his company by claiming that he could transmit the human voice across the Atlantic. He was publicly humiliated.

Can you imagine where we would be today without this invention?

A New York Times editorial on December 10, 1903 questioned the wisdom of the Wright Brothers who were trying to invent a machine, heavier than air, that would fly. One week later, at Kitty Hawk, the Wright Brothers took their famous flight.

Colonel Sanders, at age 65, had assets of a beat-up car and a $100 check from Social Security. He realized he had to do something to improve his situation. He remembered his mother's fried chicken recipe and went out selling.

How many doors did he have to knock on before he got his first order? It is estimated that he had knocked on more than a thousand doors before he got his first order.

How many of us quit after three tries, a hundred tries, and then we say we tried as hard as we could?

As a young cartoonist, Walt Disney faced many rejections from newspaper editors who said he had no talent. One day a minister at a church hired him to draw some cartoons. Disney was working out of a small rodent-infested shed near the church. Seeing a small mouse inspired him to draw a new cartoon. That was the start of Mickey Mouse.

All success stories are stories of great failures. The only difference is that every time they failed, they bounced back.

1 Like

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
Wooow! These msgs are so inspiring and thought provoking
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 9:04am On Jul 15, 2014
TOMMY EDISON

One day a partially deaf four-year old child came home with a note in his pocket from his teacher, "Your Tommy is too stupid to learn, get him out of school".

His mother read the note and answered, "My Tommy is not too stupid to learn, I will teach him myself".

And that Tommy grew up to be the great Thomas Edison.

Thomas Edison had only three months of formal schooling.

1 Like

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2014
G

2 Likes

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
P
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 6:23am On Jul 21, 2014
G

1 Like

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
G

1 Like

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 7:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
Maybe I should put a stop to these stories. Seems people are not appreciative of them.

Our's is a society that has become obsessed with fads and shallow thinking.

See you later.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by kumpharm(f): 8:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
let d stories keep coming bro.. you dnt knw how much it's helping a sis.

peeps may not post or like, but we're definitely following ..
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
kumpharm: let d stories keep coming bro.. you dnt knw how much it's helping a sis.

peeps may not post or like, but we're definitely following ..

Ok
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by kumpharm(f): 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
Krak:

Ok

Thanks ..
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Olarewajub: 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
Sir Krak , i've been following this story since onset. Please cöntinue with the update.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 8:11am On Jul 22, 2014
G

3 Likes

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hope you all had a good day.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Olarewajub: 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
Krak: Hope you all had a good day.
My day was splendid, how was yours?
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2014
Olarewajub: My day was splendid, how was yours?

My day has been good. I have been extremely busy these days.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by kumpharm(f): 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
no new update .. #heartbreak cry
How're you doing sir krak? I would wait patiently for a new update. #StillFollowing
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
kumpharm: no new update .. #heartbreak cry
How're you doing sir krak? I would wait patiently for a new update. #StillFollowing

Tomorrow evening.

Sorry wink
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Olarewajub: 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
Krak:

Tomorrow evening.

Sorry wink
I will be waiting and again, happy weekend.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 8:56am On Jul 27, 2014
EASY WAY AND TOUGH WAY

Once there was a lark singing in a forest. A farmer came by with a box full of worms.

The lark stopped him and asked, "What do you have in the box, and where are you going?"

The farmer replied that he had worms and that he was going to the market to trade them for some feathers.

The lark said, "I have many feathers. I will pluck one and give it to you and that will save me looking for worms".

The farmer gave the worms to the lark and the lark plucked a feather and gave it in return. The next day the same thing happened and the day after and on and on until a day came that the lark had no more feathers.

Now it could no longer fly to go hunting for worms. It started looking ugly and stopped singing and very soon it died.

What the lark thought was an easy way to get food turned out to be the tougher way after all. The same thing is true in our lives: Many times we look for the easy way, which really ends up being the tougher way.

2 Likes

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 7:30am On Jul 29, 2014
H

2 Likes

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Olarewajub: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
Thanks for the update.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by safarigirl(f): 11:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
Following....great stories
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 8:31am On Jul 30, 2014
Olarewajub: Thanks for the update.

You are welcome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News Uniport Admission List Is Finally Out / 25 Most Funny And Bizzare Facts You Need To Know / NUC Latest Universities Ranking 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.