Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room (3014 Views)

When You Stay Abroad And Leave Your Wife And Little Kids Back Home / Ladies ; Would You leave Your Husband In A Place Like This (photo) / Photo: If Your Visitor Throws Your Child Up Like This, What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by Christmasdon(m): 11:29am On Jul 06, 2014
You might have come to know such a habit in a neighbours house or in any home' this tips will help you to know when the owner of the house wants you to leave the house.
1.Bring out broom stick and start sweeping.
2.Walking to and fro the house like a pendulum bob.
3.Continuous spraying of Perfume.
4.When the members of that home leaves only you in that sitting room
Please add yours.
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by MizMyColi(f): 11:33am On Jul 06, 2014
Courteously saying "Please could you excuse us for a bit? smiley
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 06, 2014
MizMyColi: Courteously saying "Please could you excuse us for a bit? smiley
Someppeople are not sensitive. Some don't even appreciate courtesy because they feel that they are too familiar with you e.g your sister and all but number one does the trick for me grin

then my brother doesn't like a certain perfume because the smell causes him nausea so I use it on myself when I use mouth to talk and he refuses. The perfume will do it fast for me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by maureensylvia(f): 11:50am On Jul 06, 2014
Telling him u have an emergency u want to go out
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by MizMyColi(f): 11:50am On Jul 06, 2014
kulyie: Someppeople are not sensitive. Some don't even appreciate courtesy because they feel that they are too familiar with you e.g your sister and all but number one does the trick for me grin

then my brother doesn't like a certain perfume because the smell causes him nausea so I use it on myself when I use mouth to talk and he refuses. The perfume will do it fast for me cheesy

I agree with you and cheesy LoL @PerfumeStunt

1 Like

Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by GboyegaD(m): 11:51am On Jul 06, 2014
I don't think number 1 and 4 is polite in anyways. I did suggest like MizMyColi said, tell them to excuse you and be assertive.

1 Like

Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 06, 2014
Lol. Funny tips. As for me, I just stop being chatty and become "moody". Talk from now till tomorrow and the only thing you get is "ok, really, alright, eiya". The sensible ones leave. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by zeb04(f): 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
You can simply say,thank you for visiting but I've got to go now...I have so much work waiting for me. Very easy nd its just the same way we say "tnk you for calling oh I appreciate(when on the phone) you can keep saying until the person gets the mssg
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by ULSHERLAN(m): 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Visitors will always leave. grin

1 Like

Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
ULSHERLAN: Visitors will always leave. grin

And if they decide not to? Or encroach into your personal time and space with their prolonged visit?
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by orbis(m): 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
I start dressing up and tell him or her I want to take a walk out... some people are so insensitive they never know when its time to leave after staying for hours....
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by egopersonified(f): 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
Maybe they dont have anywhere else to go to, why not ask politely, 'do you mind sleeping over?' lol.

6 Likes

Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
MizMyColi: [sub][/sub]Courteously saying "Please could you excuse us for a bit? smiley
Someppeople are not sensitive. Some don't even appreciate courtesy because they feel that they are too familiar with you e.g your sister and all but number one does the trick for me grin

Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by mamaoge: 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
Some people are indeed very insensitive and I experienced them a lot when I was younger. This thread has brought to my memory certain friends then who no senddd you whatever hints u gave them, sweep till tomorrow dem no go go even if it was night! The only thing that worked for me is to go and (or arrange with a sibling to) switch off NEPA meter and start lamenting that something went wrong with our line. When that was overused I would just start yawning and dozing but like I said no be everybody that one dey move.

Then why waste your precious perfume if you have insecticide? You go just pretend say you saw cockroach or something and spray a good amount of Baygon under the chair, dem no go beg d person before he/she go waka go. Or set reminder or alarm with a ringing tone & do a fictitious call with someone you have to leave the house to go and meet somewhere immediately!
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by STENON(f): 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pls I need to have some privacy for a while and I'l be glad if you wont ask me why and How...than to jst get out of my room.....
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by EfemenaXY: 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
Christmasdon: You might have come to know such a habit in a neighbours house or in any home' this tips will help you to know when the owner of the house wants you to leave the house.
1.Bring out broom stick and start sweeping.
2.Walking to and fro the house like a pendulum bob.
3.Continuous spraying of Perfume.
4.When the members of that home leaves only you in that sitting room
Please add yours.

It's quite simple really.

Thank them for dropping by and tell them politely that you've really enjoyed having them / him / her around, but you've got other matters to attend to now.

No need for the cloak-and-dagger stuff. Less chance of mis-interpretation.
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by adebrave1(m): 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by cocoberry(f): 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
Haba mamaoge! Baygon! Dats too harsh nah, y not nicely tell me to leave dan use Baygon. *sadface*

mamaoge: Some people are indeed very insensitive and I experienced them a lot when I was younger. This thread has brought to my memory certain friends then who no senddd you whatever hints u gave them, sweep till tomorrow dem no go go even if it was night! The only thing that worked for me is to go and (or arrange with a sibling to) switch off NEPA meter and start lamenting that something went wrong with our line. When that was overused I would just start yawning and dozing but like I said no be everybody that one dey move.

Then why waste your precious perfume if you have insecticide? You go just pretend say you saw cockroach or something and spray a good amount of Baygon under the chair, dem no go beg d person before he/she go waka go. Or set reminder or alarm with a ringing tone & do a fictitious call with someone you have to leave the house to go and meet somewhere immediately!
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by mamaoge: 2:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
grin
This is Naija where it is considered rude to tell a visitor to leave, politely or not. cool

1 Like

Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by Kanwulia: 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
I don't entertain visitors in my home.
I don't do hang-outs in my home! kiss
We meet in a neutral place. kiss

When nyansh begin pain them dem go waka comot. kiss
As soon as I chop finish. . .I don go be dat! kiss
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by Acidosis(m): 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
Kanwulia: I don't entertain visitors in my home.
I don't do hang-outs in my home! kiss
We meet in a neutral place. kiss

When nyansh begin pain them dem go waka comot. kiss
As soon as I chop finish. . .I don go be dat! kiss

everything about you is strange sad

1 Like

Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by Kanwulia: 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
Acidosis:

everything about you is strange sad

For good reasons! kiss
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by Acidosis(m): 9:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
Kanwulia:

For good reasons! kiss
hmmn... I hope so smiley
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by Acidosis(m): 9:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by Ewuro1: 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
Room or Home ??
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by snadguy007(m): 1:27am On Jul 09, 2014
STENON: Pls I need to have some privacy for a while and I'l be glad if you wont ask me why and How...than to jst get out of my room.....

That is too harsh o. If i'm to be the visitor, i will stop visiting u

2 Likes

Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by b3llo(m): 11:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
I will dress and tell my visitor lemme see you off.
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by sexylemo: 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
egopersonified: Maybe they dont have anywhere else to go to, why not ask politely, 'do you mind sleeping over?' lol.
. Height of sarcasm! Lmao
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
Phema:

And if they decide not to? Or encroach into your personal time and space with their prolonged visit?
I dont wanna hurt any body's feeling
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by EfemenaXY: 12:59am On Jul 11, 2014
mamaoge: grin
This is Naija where it is considered rude to tell a visitor to leave, politely or not. cool

All the more reason why such a "visitor" should be able to read his/her host's non-verbal mode of communication. If this visitor is too dense to decipher body language enough to understand that they've overstayed their welcome, then the host should help them out by telling such visitors plainly, and directly to get up and go.

What is it with Nigerians and their entitlement mentality? It's all gimmie, gimmie, gimmie, to the point of rudeness. Simple courtesy is alien to them.

1 Like

Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by soulglo: 1:06am On Jul 11, 2014
You ain't gotta go home but you gotta get the hell up out of here grin You know you can't be subtle with Nigerians. No subliminal messages. Just say it otherwise you'll be buying perfumes in crates
Re: Signs To Tell Your Visitor To Leave Your Room by EfemenaXY: 1:11am On Jul 11, 2014
^^ Lol!

That's why they say, "Na only strong thing Naija person dey understand"! grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Cry And Urgent Plea For Help / My Wife Is A Year Older- Happy Birthday Love! Please Drop Your Birthday Wishes / 7 Week Pregnancy Ended In Miscarriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.