Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Career Women And Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Career Women And Relationships (690 Views)

Hello Guys: Don’t Marry Career Women / Career Women Are Prone To Divorce: True? / Prophecy And Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career Women And Relationships by Guapo(m): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
Fast track to femininity: Why competing with men has left women out of touch with their feminine side

By Anna Pasternak

Recently, the media has been awash with articles suggesting that career women are to relationships what garlic is to a vampire - the kiss of death.

We're unable to sustain meaningful unions, apparently, because men are intimidated by our intellect, threatened by our higher earning potential and turned off by our controlling, capable, yet powerful personalities.

While this has been my personal experience - I was left by the father of my daughter (now nearly five) three years ago when I was the higher earner - I think that the issue goes far deeper.

It is more psychological than sociological.The problem, I believe, is not so much with career women per se, but that women are increasingly out of balance with themselves and, therefore, with men. I know I am.In the past three years of being single, I have been on a handful of dates.

Two years ago I went to dinner with a doctor who told me that I 'wasn't in touch with my femininity' as I 'didn't flirt or wear much make-up'.His diagnosis also included the undeniable fact that I was in 'acute need of affection'.

The last straw came four months ago when I had dinner with a successful, high-profile entrepreneur who literally screamed at me that I was 'so in control it was scary' - although he did backtrack when I dropped my head towards my plate and started sobbing. As well as being hurt, I was shocked and outraged. What, I thought, had become of modern man's chivalry? But later, I grudgingly reasoned, maybe he had a point - what had become of my femininity?

The difficulty for many of today's career women is that in order to compete with men, we've morphed into them. We've worked ourselves half to death in order to conquer the career ladder, yet in the process we've trampled our core femininity into the ground.

Read more;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1039030/Fast-track-femininity-Why-competing-men-left-women-touch-feminine-side.html

(1) (Reply)

5 Simple Mistakes That Can Destroy Your Relationships And How To Avoid Them / 10 Flirting Tips Every Woman Must Know / Lets Discuss: Bad Husband Vs Bad Wife Which Is Worse ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.