Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,522 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse (20050 Views)

Is Your Pastor A P.imp Preacher? Take The Test / Islamic Agenda For Nigeria – Pastor Bosun.... RCCG Pastor. (A Must Read) / Wives And Women : Stop Worshiping Your Pastor - A must read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by tpia1: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hmm, you certainly won't be opening threads asking for advice on how to turn down guys who are asking you for dates, that's for sure.

You have that one covered.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by udysweet(f): 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
emmyskies:

You will know where a woman that looks old haggard will stand someday
Guess u ddnt tak tim to understand my post and I ddnt evn want to go into all d details due to space. One I nev met dis pesn b4,a friend jus say she has sm1 who wants to marry. Fine I don't hav issue wit it. But u spelling all of dat out wen d woman u were introduced to u hasn't evn known if she's ok wit u as in lik u b4 agreeing to date and go on to marry u. Dis pesn wit my little chat wit him dat day looked strict. His is jus I want to marry and my wife must not hav anytin ornament and make up. Haba !der r pastors na who dnt jus giv u all dos conditions but over time dey can impress it upon u to drop all dos tins. If I setlle for dat man jus lik dat I'll b doing it out of societal pressure and not abt my onw peace and happiness. And note I ddnt evn back out o,jus sent a message dat I want to knw if its God's will for me to marry a pastor and one who wants me to do away wit all. I wil spare u details of wat hapnd next. Story for anoda day sha.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by revelationuche: 10:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
It depends. I think it's important for a couple to be on the same spiritual level. A steadfast practitioner differs from the casual observer, so I could def see how one might feel restricted if their partner expects them to be more observant than they already are.

Personally, over-zealous religious people make me nervous.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by robosky02(m): 10:41am On Jul 21, 2014
marriage to weather a pastor or not must be done with a FULL understanding of the following

1. a deep love for the one you want to marry
2. both of you must share the same passion.
e.g. if he has passion for winning soul as a pastor or not. when you dont meet up to cook cos you went for evangelism. he will rejoice for the souls saved. not minding he has not eating. but if he passion is not the same and one party goes to evang. the other will pull down the house. saying you are negleting the family for "other" things

3.An understanding of the marriage covenant

I, (name), take you (name), to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

I, (name), do take thee (name), to be my lawfully wedded (husband/wife), to have to hold, in sickness and in health, in poverty and in wealth, so long as we both shall live. In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

I, (name), take you, (name), to be my lawfully wedded (husband/wife), my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.

but when you dont understand that you have enterd a seriouse COVENANT (not arrangement) then you will think that marriage is a bondage.
it entails forsaking ALL OTHERS and Sticking to this partner. not keeping seriuose contact with your X and .Y

it entails high morals not still dressing like eko sisi. not just because you are a pastors wife. even our african tradition demand a higher standard from married woman. in the community.

therefore marrying a real pastor is never a bonage. rather it even gives you true freedom
cos you will have to worry less about

1. an unfaithful husband.
2. the girl next door
3. a husband that is not commited to is childrens welfare
4. std
5. your mind is at rest
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by emmyskies(m): 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
udysweet:
Guess u ddnt tak tim to understand my post and I ddnt evn want to go into all d details due to space. One I nev met dis pesn b4,a friend jus say she has sm1 who wants to marry. Fine I don't hav issue wit it. But u spelling all of dat out wen d woman u were introduced to u hasn't evn known if she's ok wit u as in lik u b4 agreeing to date and go on to marry u. Dis pesn wit my little chat wit him dat day looked strict. His is jus I want to marry and my wife must not hav anytin ornament and make up. Haba !der r pastors na who dnt jus giv u all dos conditions but over time dey can impress it upon u to drop all dos tins. If I setlle for dat man jus lik dat I'll b doing it out of societal pressure and not abt my onw peace and happiness. And note I ddnt evn back out o,jus sent a message dat I want to knw if its God's will for me to marry a pastor and one who wants me to do away wit all. I wil spare u details of wat hapnd next. Story for anoda day sha.

I took time to read all you wrote. I don't have issues with anything you did or wrote. You have your choices to make. All I'm interested is the trouser, make-up and ornament part. Though some churches like Deeper life and Mfm take it to their ladies, we will all come to see where women that look old "old haggard" will come to stand on the final day
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by feedthenation(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
What really matters is the genuine love for each other in the context of marriage - being a pastor is only a title.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 4:24am On Jul 22, 2014
angela98: Marrying a pastor will mean marrying
a talk active, Mr know all, Mr the lord said, Mr the bible said, Mr noise maker in the name of prayer, Mr pretender, Mr family crises councilor wannabe, Mr constantly dressing in suit and tie, Mr unromantic and boring, Mr living on handouts from church members contributions. And for the wife, u can't wear bikini at the beach, u can't watch Nigeria movies with tonto in it, only Gods channel. Too many restrictions. Well marrying a pastor is neither curse nor blessing its a gross inconvenience. smiley
Lol. You just described being married to a Nigerian pastor. I guess that's the reason why many Naija girls abroad don't regularly go to church. They don't want to be 'trapped' with a pastor, and live a 'boring' marital life.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by tpia1: 5:16am On Jul 22, 2014
why exactly are some nigerians so hung up on bikini as if they invented it?

oyibos who emphasize bikini, do so in order to tan mostly, wetin be una own as una don tan already?

just wondering.

as per the rest, so not watching movies with tonto in it, means you are suffering? ( or are you a movie seller)

some contributions are rather d.aft, sorry to say.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 22, 2014
emmyskies: Except you're not a true born again christian, you can't marry a pastor. What difference is it to marrying a normal man?
a normal man wont make you fast 3/4 of the year embarassed
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 22, 2014
tpia1: why exactly are some nigerians so hung up on bikini as if they invented it?

oyibos who emphasize bikini, do so in order to tan mostly, wetin be una own as una don tan already?

just wondering.

as per the rest, so not watching movies with tonto in it, means you are suffering? ( or are you a movie seller)

some contributions are rather d.aft, sorry to say.
stop being wicked its not good embarassed

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 22, 2014
Mondisweets: stop being wicked its not good embarassed
You like bikini

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 22, 2014
Idowuogbo: Omo i can't ooo.... just imagine make me and my darling dey reproduce inside my boudoir; and it don remain small wey me go shout hallelujah say big daddy don score, then suddenly his phone rings and na one church member wey no sabi read the book of psalms to fire the spiritual husband wey dey r@pe am inside dream, e go take the grace of God if I no strangle that woman if I jam am for church oo... angry
no one messes with idowu's play time grin

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by tpia1: 5:53am On Jul 22, 2014
so bikini is good but african nudie dressing or african wrapper is bad?

thats just messed up.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by tpia1: 6:01am On Jul 22, 2014
Mondisweets: stop being wicked its not good embarassed

you are crying over bikini and tonto dike not having a wider fan base?

amazing.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by tpia1: 6:05am On Jul 22, 2014
Mondisweets: no one messes with idowu's play time grin

you are messed up.

you take threats of murder and physical violence as a joke but burst into tears because someone questioned your worship of bikini and tonto dike.

this is not normal.

dont quote me again dear.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by emmyskies(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mondisweets: a normal man wont make you fast 3/4 of the year embarassed

It's not only a pastor's thing to fast. Every born again christian should fast as often. I'm not a pastor but I east every week
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
tpia1:

you are messed up.

you take threats of murder and physical violence as a joke but burst into tears because someone questioned your worship of bikini and tonto dike.

this is not normal.

dont quote me again dear.

I quoted idowu. This is how desparate you are for an e-fight? You are beyond pathetic. It explains why everyone is always ignoring you

4 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by tpia1: 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
If the section has a mod, kindly remove the offtopic posts made by 'awon were'.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by femmefatale: 6:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
As much as I've always wanted dat.......my fear has always bn d attack on d Ps nd/his family after deliverance sessions with members.....*coversface*
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Idowuogbo(f): 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mondisweets: no one messes with idowu's play time grin
U don say! grin grin grin grin
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by davidif: 2:51am On Jul 26, 2014
ayoku777: Although let me just also add that the blessing in marriage has nothing to do with whether you married a pastor or a politician or a doctor. It depends on whether it was the Lord that led you to that person, or led the person to you; and the individual spiritual maturity of the parties involved.

So instead of bugging your mind about what you think you want in a man; like he must be tall, he must be yoruba, he must be a pastor and what not; focus on being led of the Spirit, and on developing your spiritual maturity.

If the Lord leads two people to eachother, they will match, even beyond what they could have done on their own. And if they remain matured in the Lord, the marriage would work. That's what makes any marriage a blessing and a success; not whether he's a pastor or a politician or not, as your topic insinuates.

Man, I had to come back to this post again because this is soooooooo me right now. I really, really need this. No wonder this word has been in my mind since I read it.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by bestads(m): 2:45am On Jul 28, 2014
jennylove7575: gross inconvenience indeed. If u marry a pastor just kiss goodbye to romance. If I marry the pastor Becos of his wealth, I must get lovers. Can't tie mesef in boring marriage.

Your impoverished mind and background from the ghetto has finished your mentality.....Wealth does not come from prostitution

https://www.nairaland.com/jennylove7575

https://www.nairaland.com/jennylove7575/posts
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by jennylove7575(f): 10:05am On Jul 28, 2014
bestads:

Your impoverished mind and background from the ghetto has finished your mentality.....Wealth does not come from prostitution

https://www.nairaland.com/jennylove7575

https://www.nairaland.com/jennylove7575/posts
you kept repeating same thing.....impoverished just full everywhere.... Ha ha ha ha haha ha grin grin grin you think u can just wake and call any babe doing their own thing a prostitute? It get to show the level of your exposure and mentality. You are still a child. You better go and have your DNA checked for its only a woman that knows the father of her kids.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by rabbinisha: 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
I would not mind coz he or she is not god so it's a blessing .
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by rabbinisha: 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
to me I don't see it as big deal.even if his a pastor.coz if he is not a pastor, he would still be a blessing. ok to cut it short he wld be a blessing.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by rabbinisha: 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
to me I don't see it as big deal.even if his a pastor.coz if he is not a pastor, he would still be a blessing. ok to cut it short he wld be a blessing. undecidedto me I don't see it as big deal.even if his a pastor.coz if he is not a pastor, he would still be a blessing. ok to cut it short he wld be a blessing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Those Speaking Bad Of Jesus Christ Cursed? / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . / Anointing: Why Do Pastors Blow Into Microphones? Why Must People Fall?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.